Page 9 of 358 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Foxs! My first day back on SPCnet and see new translation! Awesome!!!!

Thank you foxs. Got sick and couldn't keep up with your translation

Thanks foxs. As for now I like Kou Zhong more

Thanks foxs

Default Book 1 - Chapter 10, Part 3

Jaya, Anh, Zlack, Ms. Dongfang, HPC, you are welcome. Ms. Smurf, welcome back! How's baby Fable? Hope everybody is well. You did not miss much because I also took a break and was only back early November. Strawberry, hope you feel better. It's that time of the year. May I ask which area do you live? Here, Pacific Norhwest, has been crazy: cold, rain, and then warm, but I think the cold will be back next week.

After seizing the two boys up and down several times, Li Jing said in earnestness, This is the period when the whole country is in rebellion. When armed troops are against each other, its either you are dead or I perish. Those who are not vicious and merciless enough will be wiped out. As long as we can see our goal clearly and fix our own principle, distinguishing thoroughly between right and wrong, black and white, friends or foe in righteousness, we will be able to face the heaven and the earth with clear conscience.

The two boys nodded, indicating they accepted the instruction.

Susu asked, Those you did not kill, could they still be looking for us?

Li Jing smiled and said, The most important thing for them is looking for me to settle the account. Although Du Fuweis fame for fighting prowess is great, he is not a good material for vying over the world [tian xia]. Not only he condones his men, he is greedy of short-term small benefit; he enlists people into his army by force, and thus provoking the heavens anger and the mens blame, causing villages and towns to be abandoned. Its really like drinking poison to quench thirst. I originally considered him as an important character, but now I can see everything clearly.

Kou Zhong loved to talk about militia matters, too bad Xu Ziling was not too interested, so he did not have anybody to talk about it with. Right now he met Li Jing, someone with inside information, so he happily asked, Li Dage, in your opinion, which rebel army is the most promising?

Xu Zilings thought was more thorough; recalling that Susu could be considered as Zhai Rangs people, he reminded him, Zhong Shao, dont talk nonsense.

Li Jing noticed how Xu Ziling seemed to be incessantly making eye signals to Kou Zhong while referring to Susu; he was astonished and asked, Which party does Miss belong to?

Susu hurriedly told him about her past, and then said, Xiao Bi [lowly maid servant/slave girl] has never been familiar with the matter of the worlds great powers; you must not have any misgivings on account of me.

Apparently Li Jing had high respect toward Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling; he seriously said, Looking at todays situation, although rebels army are everywhere, but those who can be considered excellent characters are not many. Right now the prime example of one with most fame and power is Great Dragon Head Zhai Rang; however, Zhai Yes [master] subordinate Great General Li Mis fame and power is actually above his, plus he is extremely well-versed in military strategy and tactics. Hence the relationship between master and subordinate is not clear. This will bring trouble in the future.

Susus countenance changed, What should we do then? she asked.

Li Jing grimly said, If Miss will trust the Ol Li, from now on you need to distance yourself from the Zhai family, to avoid the boat capsize the people perish disaster in the future.

Susu said in sad voice, Since childhood Xiao Bi has been sold to the Zhai Family. At that time Laoye [old master] was still a court of law officer at Shujun [lit. Shu county(?)]. Later on because he killed the son of an influential official, he was condemned to death; hence he rose in rebellion and declared his independence. Not only that, Miss has always been treating me like a sister; how could I abandon her at this point?

Kou Zhong was tongue-tied. He then said, Turns out Zhai Rang is still considered the most formidable. But is Li Mi the most promising?

Li Jing could not stop himself from laughing. The way you use most promising [zui you qian tu], these four characters are very interesting. I can see that in the future Xiao Xiongdi will become an eloquent orator. What you said is correct; not only Li Mi nowadays has several Wulin martial art masters under his command, he is skilled in the art of war and is able to move the troops like a deity, he is also a charismatic leader. In short, he is a figure with grand ambitions to win the world [orig. to inquire of the tripods]. Problem is, his rivals are simply too many. First and foremost are the Four Powerful Clans, who have a large number of talents within their ranks. They would not sit still watching the Suis world [tian xia] fall into someone of common family name. Such powerful clans opinion is deep-rooted; nobody can change it. Moreover, the biggest advantage of the Four Powerful Clans is that time and again the members of their Clan have held high positions in the imperial court, they are skillful in governing the country. This is something that ordinary citizens of mountain and fields who rise in rebellion cannot match. Du Fuwei is the best example. Even if his martial art skill is outstanding, its difficult for him to accomplish big things.

The two boys remembered Yuwen Huaji immediately, their faces revealed deep hatred. Li Jing noticed this and asked in bewilderment, Ol Li has not inquired two Xiao Xiongdis names.

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling knew that he has seen through the load in their mind, hence they thought that from their names, he could speculate their background. Xu Ziling then told him their names, and calmly added, Yuwen Huaji killed our Niang, therefore, we want to look for him for revenge.

Naturally Li Jing could not figure out the twists and turns of this matter, he thought Yuwen Huaji really killed their Niang just like Yang Guang implicated a lot of common people, making family bankrupt and the people dead; that kind of tragedy.

And then Xu Ziling narrated to him thoroughly, and so he understood the details. He could not refrain from speaking solemnly, Obviously the two Xiao Xiongdi have not entered the world too deeply. There are rules that must be known before you started. Jianghu has a saying, Meeting people by chance, speak only three-tenth. There are too many people who on the surface look reliable, but in certain situation may become an enemy. Every word you said could potentially become the cause of your demise.

The two boys nodded their head indicating they accepted the advice.

Susu was touched. Li Dage is really good to them, she said.

Li Jing replied seriously, Very few people can hit it off with the Ol Li as soon as we meet; those who have dead hearts are unbearably many. There are a lot of things in the world that seem to be impossible, but can be done single-handedly by ambitious people. Commoners can be bestowed the title marquis or revered as prime minister, so much so that they can reach the top to the emperors throne. People who have nothing at all also can become rich merchant wealthy tycoons. This kind of matter is not without any precedence, so you can greatly encourage yourselves with this.

Listening to this, Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling were radiant with delight. This conversation with Li Jing has been like encountering bright beacon light in the dark night at the angry sea; making them see hope and giving them goals to achieve, and reignited the ambition that was hit hard by Fu Junchuos death.

Li Jing continued, Other than Zhai Rang and Li Mi, those with most fame and power are Wang Bo, Dou Jiande and Du Fuwei. These three top powers are the most, hey, the most promising.

Seeing a person with a lot of insight and vast experience like Li Jing was also willing to adopt his phrase, Kou Zhong was very proud of himself.

Du Fuwei, you have already commented, he said, Wang Bo and Dou Jiande, whats so formidable about these guys?

Pfft! Susu broke into laughter as she spoke up, How can you casually call people guys?

Smiling, Li Jing said, Kou Xiao Xiong still has naivet! Wang Bo is the number one master of the Chang Bai Sect, he is known in Wulin world as the Whip King, but he calls himself Zhi Shi Lang [its hard to translate succinctly, it basically means the minister/official/youth who understood the world/lifetime/era]. He composed the song Dont Go Toward Liaodong [peninsula, between Bohai and Yellow Sea] and Wasted in Death, which penetrated deeply into the peoples heart. He also knows how to grasp the popular sentiment; hence he receives great support from Shandong [province, northeast China] populace, far surpasses Du Fuwei.

After a short pause he continued, If internal strife arose between Zhai Rang and Li Mi, I have no doubt that the one reaping the benefit must be Qinghe [county, Hebei] man Dou Jiande. This man is the overlord of the dark road [criminal/underworld] in Hebei. He has been absent for a long time. Later on, because his family and relatives were wiped out by men who were sent by Yang Guang, in his anger he joined Gao Shidas militia. When Gao Shida died in battle, the leadership of the militia then fell into his hands. This mans martial art skill already reached the state of perfection, his men numbered in hundred thousand. They occupied Gao Jibo and made it the base of their operations, their influence reached the Yellow River. This man cannot be ignored.

Kou Zhong sighed and said, Listening to Li Dages analysis sure beats listening to his mothers at the restaurant for three months. Those Yang Xuangan, Song Zixian, Wang Xuba, Wei Daoer, Li Zitong, Lu Mingyue, Liu Wuzhuo, and what have you. Listening about that bunch of names my head was swollen. Turns out the most formidable ones are only these few.

Li Jing took out dry rations for everyone to share. He said, We must stay here until late into the night before we can leave. By that time the pursuing troops would have been weary and their horses tired from the earlier commotion. Even if we come across them, we wont have anything to worry.

The two boys already regarded Li Jing, they simply nodded their heads vigorously.

Susu asked, Now that Li Dage has left Du Fuwei, whats your plan for the future?

Li Jing did not answer. He asked them instead, What about the three of you? Whats your plan?

Hanging down her head, Susu said, I am thinking of returning to Rongyang to look for Miss, asking her to warn Laoye to guard against Li Mi.

Kou Zhong replied, We want to go to Luoyang to find a friend.

Li Jing nodded. I am thinking of going to the Capital to see what will be the destiny of the Sui people, he said, Since we all are going to the north anyway, let me see the three of you off for a while! Along the way I can teach two Xiao Xiongdi some horseback riding and archery, as well as some basic martial art skills.

Shifu! the two boys called out in great delight.

Li Jing laughed in spite of himself, By all means you must not call me Shifu, he said, We are of the same generation who happen to make friends and exchange pointers. Besides, the basic internal training your Niang has laid down for you is indeed deep and immeasurable, plus the two of you have extremely fine bones, and are quick-witted and adaptable. In the future you will definitely become people of great power and influence or at least martial art experts of this age. Perhaps right now you dont even believe in yourselves, but future facts will definitely confirm the truth that I did not make any error in judgment.

While the two boys you look at me, I look at you, Li Jing already straightened up and rose up. Let me teach you how to ride first, he said, Later on I will teach you saber technique. Back and forth my saber technique only consists of about a dozen styles. It will be most beneficial to be used to charge into thousand troops ten thousand horses, but to contend for supremacy in Jianghu, I am afraid it will be inadequate. Only in rushing headlong in the battlefield will it shows its infinite power, you wont have to fear the enemys many men and great force. As for the Ol Lis archery skill, it originated from Hu peoples [generic name for non-Han people] equestrian archery technique, hence I rather have confidence in myself.

The two boys have never imagined that they would have this fortuitous meeting; hence they promptly prostrated themselves to express their gratitude.

Li Jing roared in laughter and led them out of the cave.

Hey foxs, you live in the Pacific Northwest too? I am from Seattle.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Thanks, foxs.

Default Book 1 - Chapter 11, Part 1

Strawberry, finally! One that lives across the lake from me. So far I have never had any reader close-by; I know two from New York, Ms. Smurf is from Midwest, Anh from Florida, and a couple from California. Can't remember if Grundle told us where he resides. The rest are from Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Philippine. I think there are people from Europe too, but I can't remember at the top of my head. (The reason I knew is that during the Deer and Cauldron project, I made a request, asking to know a bit more about the readers.)

HPC, Anh, Jaya, you are welcome. Here's the last chapter of Book 1, we will finish it this week.

Book 1 Chapter 11 Pursuing Troops Sudden Arrival

When darkness fell that day, because the two boys riding skill was not perfected yet, the four people rode on two horses, leaving one horse as spare, in case they had to make their escape by taking advantage of the dark. Li Jing and Xu Ziling rode together, while Kou Zhong and Susu rode the other horse.

Kou Zhong wrapped his arms around Susus waist, leaning close to her fragrant back, smelling the sweet fragrance of her body and her hair; he was wishing that they could continue like this forever.

On one hand, Susu was still fearful and nervous, secondly, she already regarded Kou Zhong as her little brother; although she did feel the close contact between them, the feeling was not intense. It had never occurred to her that this kid Kou Zhong was immersing himself in this pleasure.

Li Jing was definitely not an ordinary character; from time to time he would dismount and put his ear on the ground to listen whether there was hidden troops on the road ahead. He also knew how to make use of the terrain to mask their route; he was not impatient or reckless at all.

By daybreak, the four of them finally left the danger zone and entered the suburb on the outskirt of Danyang County area.

Jiangdu of Yangzhou was the last big city on the tributary of Yangtze River before it flows into the ocean. From here to the west were precisely Danyang and Liyang, two big strategic cities along the river. If Liyang fell into the hands of Du Fuwei, the river route along Yangtze was immediately cut off, while at the same time threw Danyang into a state of emergency.

But Li Jing pointed out that it would not be easy for Du Fuwei to capture Liyang, he only had enough power to invade the neighboring villages and towns nearby, which were powerless to resist. Even stabilizing Liyang would require him to ask for the Heavens blessing, so invading Danyang would be out of question.

Second reason was that Yang Guang remained in control of the Capital, Daxing, the eastern capital Luoyang, and the coastal Jiangdu, three of the countrys most important strategic cities.

After the three big canals, Guangtong, Tongji and Yongji, were connected to each other, the north and south were also connected into one stretch, and the water transportation had the three strategic cities closely linked with each other, enabling the Sui countrys army, whose power was growing, to be deployed rapidly to the south to suppress the rebellion.

Supposing that Luoyang was Emperor Yangs eastern capital, then Yangzhous Jiangdu was his southern capital. Both were areas that must be fought over, and both were areas that Emperor Yang must defend. Therefore, the Sui army spared no expense in defending Danyang, so that no disaster would reach Jiangdu.

From this, it can be seen that Du Fuwei occupying Liyang was the turning point in the struggle between the rebels army and the Sui army.

The closer they were to Danyang, the more they felt the tension of the situation. They saw continuous flow of warships going toward Jiangdu, as well as warships bound for Danyang. The Sui army set up checkpoint everywhere, prohibiting members of Wulin from entering Danyang, causing people who did not live in Danyang to turn back and spread rumors that Danyang was already closed.

Fortunately they had no intention of entering Danyang to begin with, so they simply entered the neighboring rural county and sold the three war-horses and made a small fortune.

Li Jing divided the silver into four parts and urged the others to keep to money and hide it well; he said, At the time of turmoil and chaos of war, anything might happen. Right now the three biggest power among the rebels, Dou Jiande occupied Hebei, Du Fuwei took over Huai River, while Zhai Rang held control over the Central Plains[1]; the situation will gradually become clear. It also put the Sui army fragmentation in the open. However, taking the opportunity of the uprising, four black hegemons started to loot, the black road [again, black here refers to criminal/underworld] powers intending to get their share of the action are measured in cartloads and gallons. If anyone meets some mishaps along the way, we will try to rendezvous at Gaoyou [county level city in Yangzhou], and well find a ship from there to go up north by the canal, trying to make it to Luoyang.

After giving Susu a couple of glances, he noticed that due to her thin clothing, she was shivering from the cold. He said, Tonight well find a hotel here to get some rest. You two and Susu go buy some warm winter clothes to avoid getting sick due to the exposure to cold weather and snow. When you are done, well meet again here.

Li Dage, where are you going? Kou Zhong wondered.

Li Jing squinted his eyes under the bright afternoon sun to scan the shops lining both sides of the street; he seemed to be looking for something. I want to look for a weapon store, to see if I can find two similar long saber for you to defend yourselves. I hope the price is not too high! In time like this, selling sabers and swords is the best business.

Kou Zhong was greatly delighted. In that case, he said, Lets go our separate way to do our business!

Upon splitting up, Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling walked on the right and left of Susu, following the crowd of pedestrians along the long street trying to find clothing store. This town was near Danyang; it was extremely thriving. Due to refugees who fled from Liyang, it was even more lively. However, there was a faint impenetrable fear and nervousness in the air. Most of the shops have already closed their door.

Xu Ziling said, Maybe wed better go to the marketplace to see if there is any mobile vendor stall over there? Thereupon the three of them changed direction toward the marketplace.

Because of the crowd, Susu reached out to hold on to the two boys arms so that they would not get separated, but also to get a bit of warmth from them. This had made the two boys pleased and a bit bewitched by her.

Kou Zhong whispered in Susus ear, Jiejied better buy mens clothing; if you wear hat, it will cover Jiejies beautiful hair, others wont be able to see that Jiejie is actually a very beautiful woman.

Being praised like that, Susu nodded her head cheerfully.

In the meantime the three of them have entered the marketplace. Sure enough, there were a large number of street stalls with their merchandise laid out on the ground, hawking all kinds of goods, especially winter clothing.

Xu Ziling also whispered in Susus ear, Wed better trim your long hair a little bit, and have your hair in a male bun like ours. It will be even more foolproof [orig. in ten thousand, not one fail].

Susu happily said, Will you do that for me?

The two boys bragged, Naturally that would be best!

Susu pulled the two boys to stop at one of the street vendors, and enthusiastically selected a set of winter clothing and a pair of winter boots with exceptionally high heels. Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling were highly amused, while their hearts were filled with warm feeling.

Suddenly, almost at the same time the two of them noticed several rogue, local-ruffian like, strong and muscular men nearby were staring lecherously at Susu, who were squatting on the ground, while whispering to each other. The two boys felt very uneasy, while cursing in their hearts.

Kou Zhong hurriedly stooped down to help Susu picking suitable set of clothing. And then, without haggling over the price, he painfully paid at more than twice the price, and quickly turned around and left.

As soon as they were out of the marketplace, the two boys breathed a sigh of relief.

Bang! They were just entering the main street, someone crossed the street and fiercely bumped his shoulder against Xu Zilings shoulder.

Xu Ziling was caught off-guard, naturally his shoulder recoiled a little before he sent out his strength to react; at the same time the sole of his feet felt hot, as if there was a stream of heat flowing toward his shoulder.

Ah! the man cried out in pain and fell back, nearly sitting on the ground.

When the three of them halted their steps in shock, six other men came out to block their path and shouted, You hit people!

The two boys took a closer look; sure enough, four out of six were the hoodlums who stared at Susu a moment ago, immediately they knew what was going on.

[1] Strictly speaking, Central Plains consists of middle and lower region of the Yellow River, including Henan, western Shandong, southern Shanxi and Hebei; but Central Plains is also interchangeable with China.

Thanks for the update foxs.. Much appreciated!!

Thanks foxs

Thanks Fox's. I lived in Oregon for 10 years . It was a lot nicer than Florida or Southern California. I have to live in Florida because of family.

Thanks foxs

Thanks, foxs.

Will KZ and XZL have their first combat utilizing the basics taught by LJ? Anticipating...

Hi Foxs! It's been a long time since I last visited this site. I see that you're still going strong with your translation. Amazing!! I will try to follow this story closely. Thanks for all your hard work! Amazing job as always!

KZ & ZL are lucky guys. I hope LJ doesn't die anytime soon. How old is LJ?

I just read the part where LJ's age was mentioned.

Default Book 1 - Chapter 11, Part 2

Szfong, HPC, Weed, Jaya, you are welcome. Anh, we also moved to Washington State because of family. Sky, speaking of the devil ... When I mentioned New York the other day, I meant you. And suddenly you reappeared ... what a coincidence. Actually, I took several months hiatus to prepare for my certification exam and just got back early November. Strawberry, I forgot to answer your question: my home is Kirkland, but due to the fire, we temporarily reside in north Bothell. Which part of Seattle do you live?

Other passerby got out of their way in a flurry, afraid a disaster would come to the fish in the moat. [This must be a Chinese saying, but honestly I dont get it.]

Susus flower-like countenance paled, Xu Ziling pulled her back two steps, while Kou Zhong laughed aloud and said, Everywhere under the sun [orig. five lakes four oceans] are brothers, a long and difficult road [orig. ten thousand rivers a thousand mountains] is a family. Yangzhous Zhu Hua Bang [Bamboo Flower Gang] Second Halls Hall Master is our Ah Gong [could be grandpa, or simply elder]; I wonder how should I address these Dage [big brother]. He also performed the secret hand signal of the Bamboo Flower Gang.

The seven hoodlums exchanged glances with each other, while also made a bit panicky signals with their hands and feet.

Bamboo Flower Gang had a rather considerable power in Yangzhou region, otherwise Kou Zhong would not invent crazy nonsense about him being Bamboo Flower Gang member.

One of the men, a bulky man who was clearly the leader, took a step forward and said, I dont care who you are, the fact is that you hit one of our brothers. How are you going to compensate for that?

Since he was a kid Kou Zhong grew up in the marketplace, how could he not know that the situation before his eyes would be difficult to defuse? Seeing how these mens eyes fell on Susus ample breasts, although he was a bit apprehensive, he knew that they could not run away. Therefore, hardening his heart, he laughed aloud again and said, Money, we dont have any; but lives, we do have a couple. If you have enough ability, come and get it.

With a gust of wind the thug on his left sent out a sweeping kick.

Kou Zhong was greatly surprised; how could this guys leg move so slowly? It just did not make any sense.

Another man charged from the right, sending a fist toward his face.

When these two boys were still in Yangzhou, it could be said that they grew up with fighting and receiving a beating, hence their experience was incomparably rich. They were used to fight together, so as soon as the opponents made their move, Xu Ziling pulled Susu two steps back. But as he was about to join the fray, Kou Zhong, as if he had eyes behind his back, called out, You watch for Jiejie.

Kou Zhong leaned sideways to evade the attack, and then sent a kick to the left, while simultaneously ducked down and struck with his arm, punching the lower abdomen of the thug who attacked his face. His movement was so nimble that even Xu Ziling was awestruck.

More fantastic things happened: right when Kou Zhong was brandishing his arm, he felt his whole body was immersed in unspeakable coolness, while from the top of his head a stream of cold feeling flowed down, linking up the channels on his arm, and burst forth from his fist.

Bang! The sound of his fist striking its target was mixed with a miserable scream of his victim, whose entire body flew out and crashed onto another thug; the two men were thrown to the ground, rolling around as one entity like a gourd, totally battered and exhausted.

While Kou Zhong was looking at his own fist in disbelief, his ears caught Susu and Xuzilings cry of alarm; he knew something was wrong. Right this moment another man kneed him on his back. Kou Zhong tumbled forward in pain.

Seeing his sneak attack succeeded, the hoodlum wanted to follow-up with another attack, but suddenly he felt a burst of cold stream rushed forth wildly into his body from his knee, making him feel as if he had been thrown into an icehouse, while his brain was jolted with severe pain. Before he knew what was going on, he suddenly found out that he was laying face up on the ground, unable to crawl back up.

Kou Zhong dropped down and rolled away to evade the incoming two kicks; amazingly, the pain on his back suddenly went away without any medicine.

As he sprang up, he found out that Xu Ziling was dashing on bravely with no thought of his safety. Bang, bang, pow, pow! He sent punches and kicks toward the remaining five overbearing thugs without reservation.

The first thug who was hit by Kou Zhongs punch and the one who kneed him from behind were still lying on the ground, unable to get up.

Xu Ziling fought like he was mad or was possessed; he was completely ignoring the incoming punches and kicks, yet was able to lightly evade the attacks, while ferociously counterattacked. The ones hit by him immediately sprayed blood from their mouth and fell down to the ground.

Kou Zhong still did not understand what was going on.

By this time there were hundreds of people all around them, cheering and clapping for them. At the same time he caught a glimpse of several government officers, while shouting and yelling, squeezing their way through the crowd.

Kou Zhong immediately called out, Xiao Ling, the legs [sic] are coming, pull back!

Xu Ziling jumped in fright. He launched a flying kick toward the last opponent, and then turned around, and together with Kou Zhong and Susu, slipped away as fast as they could.

The three people ran for a while until the found a secluded place where they could change into their winter clothes. By the time they emerged from an alley and turned into the main street, at first glance people would merely see three ordinary young men.

Susu was still very much afraid, but her expression was happy, knowing that the two boys were fighting for her.

On the way toward the agreed place where they were going to rendezvous with Li Jing, the two boys turned their faces toward Susus flowery pretty face while excitedly narrated what has just happened.

Very proud of himself, Kou Zhong said, When that out-of-luck guy hit me on my back, it was so painful that I was about to vomit blood, but in the blink of an eye there was a comfortable cool qi bubbling forth in my entire body, so comfortable that I wanted to call Niang, and all the pain was gone. And that guy was shaken back by laozis [I, your father] inner strength protecting my body that he nearly lost his eggs.

Hearing him speaking all those vulgar words, Susu felt an unspeakable intimacy and delight instead; she pulled the two boys arms closer.

Xu Ziling laughed aloud and said, You are cool I am hot. I have never had such an immensely enjoyable fight. Real tooth real jaw, one man one punch, he hit me I am alright, I hit him he spurted blood. If the first level of Nine Mysteries Power is already this formidable, just think what would happen if we train to the ninth level, wont we blow off Yuwen Huagus eggs altogether?

Kou Zhong stretched out his head to get a good sniff at Susus hair; swaying his head he said with a sigh, Our good Jiejie smells really good, no wonder she attracted that many wild bees and wandering butterflies.

Susu was ticklish and shrunk down her neck. Xiao Zhong, she said angrily, If you keep making mischief, I am going to tell Li Dage.

Xu Ziling also brought his nose closer and sucked in a deep breath, while saying with a laugh, One sniff per person, its only fair.

Susu laughed so hard that her beautiful body shook, while she tried to dodge left and right. The three of them zigzagging on the street, catching the attention of other passerby.

Susu suddenly pulled the boys to stop, while calling out, We are here!

The three of them still refused to let their hands go; they huddled together and yakety-yak they chatted incessantly. Yet there was not the slightest degree of improper thought or evil desire between men and women at all, there was only a pure, innocent love between sister and brother who have gone through trials and tribulations together.

After waiting for a while and Li Jing has not returned, the three of them retreated toward a nearby small alley perpendicular to the main street, where they continued their chatting and joking.

Kou Zhong jokingly said, Jiejie must not go back to where your Miss of the Zhai family resides. Servant girls have always had to suffer maltreatment, much less when your Laoye failed to overcome Li Mi, Jiejies life will be miserable. Those so-called righteous army people [see my earlier note, Chapter 10 on righteous army] are mostly worse than beast. I wonder how many are like Li Dage.

With a bitter laugh Susu said, Jiejie has no family no relatives; if I dont go back to Zhai family, where would I go?

Xu Ziling excitedly said, You can come with Li Dage and us roaming the other end of the world! This world is so big, wherever we go, we can stay there making money and taking care of Jiejie. Only that kind of life wont bore us to death!

Susu caught on the excitement. Thats right! she said, I can wash your clothes, I can attend to your daily life. Ay! I am sure Li Dage wont be willing join us in that kind of life. He is a broad-minded and open man, a man who aims high. Just look how he is always in deep contemplation and youll see what I mean.

Kou Zhong laughed aloud and said, In that case you can be with us, two brothers then. We will be together forever, we promise to be obedient and show filial piety to Jiejie.

Susu was overjoyed, We will be very happy then, she said. Oh! There is just one thing wrong: some day you will get married and bear children, wont my pitiful situation become very awkward?

Striking his chest, Xu Ziling promised, For Jiejie, we will never get married.

Susu shook her head, How can that be? she asked, Carryon on your ancestral line is every mans duty. It would be better if Jiejie is married to the two of you.

What? the two boys were shocked.

Susu matter-of-factly and innocently said, In Pujia Village, there are a lot of two brothers marrying one wife. At night they all sleep together.

Kou Zhongs eyes lit up, Thats a lot of fun too!

Xu Ziling shook his head, That wont do, he said, It would be better if we draw lots to decide who get to marry Jiejie, the loser will have to find a way to find his own wife.

In complete bliss, Susu said, No, no, the right thing is: the loser will have to marry me. In the future both of you will become great heroes, the wife youll find will definitely be much better than having Jiejie as your wife.

The three people looked at each other, then they doubled-up in laughter at the same time. Pulling one another in a group hug, their hearts were brimming with a genuine, pure feeling that they would not part forever.

Gasping for breath, Kou Zhong said, Jiejie really knows how to play with us, how to coax us to be this happy, while actually she only wants to marry Li Dage!

Susus pretty face immediately blushed deep red. Dont talk nonsense! she angrily said.

Xu Ziling struggled hard to suppress his laughter until tears streaming down his face. Suddenly he saw a group of men, about a dozen men were walking across the street. Each one looked around with his eyes wide open. Two of those men had black head and swollen face; they were precisely the thugs who received lessons from them earlier.

Thanks, foxs.

Nice update. KZ and XZL were not aware of the power they possessed. This fight was an eye opener for them.

Foxs, thanks for the great translations.
    Other passerby got out of their way in a flurry, afraid a disaster would come to the fish in the moat. [This must be a Chinese saying, but honestly I dont get it.]
    Just a guess...

A moat surrounds a structure (castle) to be protected.
    When war & siege comes...
    ... the enemies destroy the moat to storm the castle.
    i.e. fishies in the moat die.
    Last edited by Ahoxan; 12-17-14 at 06:05 AM.