Page 16 of 358 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Thank you brother foxs :-))

Thank u foxs. I am so excited, GO HAWKS!!! One more game and we are in.

Default Book 2 - Chapter 8, Part 1

Anh, Jaya, HPC, Yan Xiongdi, Strawberry, you are welcome. Jaya, that was one of the reasons I don't like Kou Zhong too much, he appeared to be too greedy for me, unlike other 'protagonist' ... Strawberry, one more indeed ... Green Bay Packer.

Book 2 Chapter 8 Clan Leader of the Fairer Sex[1]

While the two boys were running around in circle trying to unfurl the sail, the battle was moving away from them. Now the moonlight shining on tranquil sea became dozens of small dots.

A sea breeze blew. The boat sailed toward the shore at high speed.

Kou Zhong crouched on the sacks of salt that was lost but now was won back. He mumbled at himself, and was so happy that nearly went crazy.

Xu Ziling was at the helm; he suddenly called out, Well reach the shore very soon!

Kou Zhong sprang up and saw the pitch-black land ahead was getting larger and larger at an alarming rate. Aghast, he called, Can we slow down?

We cant! Xu Ziling called back.

That night happened to be high tide, plus the wind was strong, the boat sailed like an unbridled horse running away on an open field; it was totally out of control.

Kou Zhong pointed to a spot that looked like a sandy shore, Steer toward that place! he called out.

Xu Ziling turned the rudder, the sailboat changed course on a slightly oblique angle, speeding toward the sandbar.

Kou Zhong was about to cheer, suddenly his countenance changed. Not good! he cried.

Xu Ziling was also shocked. Turns out under the moonlight they could see that all around them there were reefs sprouting from the seabed. That they had not had shipwreck by now was indeed a miracle.

Screech! Screech! The hull emitted such a harsh grinding noise. The boat was pushed to the right, the two boys lost their balance and fell into the water.

Crash! The boat ran into an especially huge rock and disintegrated immediately. All the salt went down to the bottom of the ocean.

The boys managed to swim across the shallow water; the lower half of their body was still immersed in continuously rushing tide.

Their body weary, their strength exhausted, the two boys lay face down on the sand, while continuously gasping for breath. Their mouth and nose were bloody from the collision with the reef, while their body was bruised all over. It was not even clear when did their weapons fall off.

However, the physical pain they suffered was far less than the emotional pain they suffer from losing the salt.

The effort they spent on stealing this batch of salt has become their highest standard of struggle, it had an incomparably deep meaning for them, and it has thrown them into an endless rollercoaster of emotion.

Yet in the end the salt was gone. Just like that.

When salt meets water, wont it vanish without trace?

Xu Ziling spat out a mouthful of saltwater mixed with his own blood. He groaned, Those who have never been underwater will never know that the seawater is so bitter.

Kou Zhong wanted to laugh, but he choked and coughed hard, Who told you to drink it? Ha! Fortunately I still have a couple of money purses. Ah!

Xu Ziling groaned. Dont tell me: you lost your purse as well!

Kou Zhong smiled bitterly. Thats exactly what happened, he said, Dont blame me! Next time youll take care of it.

Xu Ziling made a show of turning his head around; after giving him a quick look, he sighed and said, Zhong Shao, is your tummy hungry? It seems to me that we make another progress in martial art; for two days and one night we did not eat a single grain of rice, but I am not that hungry.

Dont mention the word hungry, Kou Zhong sadly replied, Ay! I am so tired that I feel like dying. Finished speaking he buried his face into the sand.

Xu Ziling also felt senses faded; finally he succumbed to his weary body and fell asleep right there.

The next thing he knew, someone was slapping his face, hard. Kou Zhongs excited voice penetrated his ears, Heavens! Get up! This time gods and fairies are helping us.

Xu Ziling opened his eyes; the sky was very bright. He sat up with blank expression, but as he turned his eyes, he was dumbstruck.

The tide has receded a hundred zhang or so, exposing the spacious seabed, littered with jet-black reefs. Those dozens of sack of salt, along with the debris of the boat and everything else left after the shipwreck, were strewn over the rocks; it was indeed a breath-taking, magnificent sight.

Kou Zhong ran toward the nearest sack of salt. Xu Ziling was overwhelmed with fiery emotion. He sprang up, and only then did he realize that most of the wounds and bruises on his body were completely healed. Other than his growling empty stomach, he felt that his entire body was full of energy. Hastily he ran after Kou Zhong.

Kou Zhong was shouting and yelling in excitement, My Niang! All these salt have become hard lumps; nothing dissolves in water. This time Laotianye really appeared.

Xu Ziling saw something among the rock crevices flickered under the sunlight; in great delight he threw himself in that direction. As expected, he found the sword. And then, not too long afterwards, he found Kou Zhongs short halberd. After losing everything and gaining it back, the happiness in their hearts was something that no pen and ink can describe.

Kou Zhong still wanted to find the two money purses, but after suffering untold hardships, he could only find one; no matter how hard he searched the other one simply eluded him. Upon opening it, unexpectedly he found five silver ingots and some change; in his heart he was extremely grateful to Laotianye.

The two boys were afraid the tide would come back; busily they moved the sacks of salt ashore. After working hard until nightfall, they counted forty-eight sacks of salt; two sacks went missing; most probably when the boat disintegrated the sacks burst.

By this time the two boys were so hungry that they no longer feel it. Hastily they went to the forest by the shore to pick some wild fruits to allay their hunger.

Returning to the shore, they saw the tide was rising again; the waves were crashing onto the reefs, spraying seawater everywhere. They felt like they had just been granted a new lease of life.

The two boys stood facing the ocean. They still had the feeling that the enemy might come anytime, hence they went to the nearby forest to find a safe place to hide, and once they found it, they moved all the salt there, and covered everything with leaves. Only then did they snuggle up to sleep.

In their semi-conscious state, they felt like they were back at that little valley where they buried Fu Junchuo, training internal energy to withstand the cold night.

About midnight, they heard noises coming from the shore. The two boys were shocked; taking their weapons, they crawled behind a large rock where they had a clear view of the beach and took a peep.

They saw two small boats anchored at the beach, more than a dozen men with torches in their hands were carefully inspecting the debris of their boat that was washed to the shore.

Farther away into the ocean, they saw eight medium sized two-mast ships, but they did not look like Haisha Bang battleship.

Kou Zhong whispered, Loot at that girl, she is prettier than our Niang!

Xu Ziling turned his attention to the woman. She was wearing lake-water-green [i.e. teal] colored warrior outfit, covered by long white cape on the outside. Her beauty was something that those who saw her would forget about taking a breath. It was the first time that he saw such a classy woman.

Kou Zhongs throat suddenly created a glug noise; he was swallowing his own saliva, If I can spend the night with her, I am willing to have my life cut by three days.

Xu Ziling let out a ha; he nearly guffawed, but quickly covered his mouth. Who would have thought that the woman was a martial art master indeed? They were about twenty zhang apart, yet his laughter could not escape her ears; she immediately turned her head in their direction, scaring the two boys that they instantly shrunk back behind the huge rock.

After quite a while, the beach became quiet, they breathed a sigh of relief. How could they still dare to have devious thought?

Kou Zhong said in low voice, Even in term of martial art this beautiful woman [orig. poniang, see Book 1 Chapter 4] could be superior to our Niang, but she is still outwitted by us, Two Dragons of Yangzhou.

Suddenly a sweet-sounding, alto voice calmly descended from above, asking, Was she really outwitted by you?

The two boys were so scared that their soul flew away and scattered; they rolled toward the sloping grassy knoll first before springing up, holding a halberd and grasping a sword, putting on a false bravado, but in their hearts they were seriously lacking confidence.

The Bloody Battle Ten Styles they learned from Li Jing, only Xu Ziling had the opportunity to test it in armed combat with the enemy, but that one time he was useless to the extreme that he even lost Li Jings treasured saber.

Therefore, the thing that these two boys lacked the most was real combat experience; so if they were not scared in the face of battle, that would be strange indeed.

That stunningly beautiful woman sat leisurely on the rock, she even had a wind lantern sitting next to her, shining its light on half of her so that it looked like her beautiful figure was glowing, adding some mysterious, yet pure and holy aura to her already out-of-this-world beauty.

The white cape against the lake-water-green warrior outfit, made her look exceptionally charming, very pleasing to the eye.

The woman looked at them with her cold gaze, and said emotionlessly, I really dont understand how could these two virtue-less, incompetent street urchins stole the Secret to Long Life from under Yuwen Huajis nose, and then swindled Du Fuwei until his head and face were filthy with grime, and now you even messed with Haisha Bang that their head spins. Tell me! Do you always have your good luck charm with you?

Hearing this, the two boys looked at each other with eyes open wide but their tongue tied. How could this woman know them like the back of her hand?

Ashamed, Kou Zhong put his halberd down and used it to prop himself against the grassy ground. In deadly earnest he said, May I ask Miss honored surname and great given name? Who are you? How come toward Zaixia [lit. under, referring to self] two brothers matter you seem to be very familiar [orig. as if enumerating ones family valuables]?

The pretty woman let out a cold snort and said, Am I not called a woman [poniang]? How come now I become a Miss? Such an inconsistency, evidently you are a despicable man.

Kou Zhongs countenance fell, You call that despicable? he said, Even if in your heart you are dying to kill the opponent, but on the surface dont you still need to be polite? In this world who has never had his mouth in disagreement with his mouth? You, this hey! You, this Miss, how much more noble do you think you are compared to me?

It was very rare that Xu Ziling saw Kou Zhong lost his temper like that; he was completely blown away.

The pretty woman stared at Kou Zhong for half a day. Suddenly Pfft! she burst out laughing. You little demon, you have quite a stinky temperament. But dont blame your Miss for not warning you: as far as Im concerned, I kill people like splitting gourd or chopping vegetables; no hesitation whatsoever.

Xu Ziling finally came to his senses, he could not help exposing her bluff, You want to make your move then make your move! Why bring up that much superfluous words?

Kou Zhong stuck out his chest and said, Those with enough guts dont need to call others for help. You alone against the two of us.

The pretty woman did not stop laughing; she laughed so hard that her body trembled like fluttering twigs. Looking at your appearance: clothes not covering your body, scars and bruises all over, yet you have devious thought of the two of you can beat me, one person. Ay! Dead little demon! You made me laugh so hard that it hurt.

Xu Ziling angrily said, Do you want to fight or not? If not, well go back to sleep.

Naturally the pretty woman was able to see his hard shell but empty inside, showing strength while weak inside. She reached to her back and pulled a clear, golden-colored copper xiao [Chinese flute[2]], about four chi long, placed it horizontally on her lips, and blew a clear note, like a cool breeze entering their ears. And then she placed the flute on her jade legs, looked down on the flickering flame inside the wind lantern, and said softly, Can you not view people with hostility? The reason I did not hesitate to declare a war with Haisha Bang was precisely because I wanted to see if we have any possibility of cooperation.

The two boys looked at each other in confusion, but there was also a little bit of overwhelmed by favor from superior feeling.

Kou Zhong reaction was comparably quicker; with a giggle he also sat down on another big rock, nodded his head, and said, Miss [or Young Lady; here he used guniang, whereas previously he used xiaojie] please state your attractive conditions first, so that we can see if we can reach any agreement.

The pretty woman did not even cast him a glance; she still acted as if she was talking to herself, Shall I give them a hard beating first, so that these two little demons will behave a bit more?

Kou Zhong jumped in fright; he adopted the first stance of the Bloody Battle Ten Styles, the Two Armies Encamped Face-to-face.

Being treated with sudden hard and sudden soft by her like that, the two boys felt a headache.

[1] Original title: Rouge and Powder Clan Leader.

[2] Xiao usually refers to vertically blown flute (as opposed to Dizi, traverse flute), yet the next sentence says horizontally or across. I dont know, perhaps I misunderstood the sentence.

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Yes both the Dizi and Xiao are easily mixed up ... thks for the steady stream of translations, foxs.

Thanks foxs

Thanks fox.

Another hot beauty making an appearance. I wonder how long she'll last before she hits the dirt or just disappeared altogether.

Beauties will come and go, but brothers are forever!
    --=={Grundle}==--

Default Book 2 - Chapter 8, Part 2

Jaya, HPC, Anh, Weed, you are welcome. DongBin, I hope it wasn't me ... Sky, funny thing is, each time a beauty made appearance, she was more beautiful than the previous one. Grundle, did a woman break your heart?

The pretty woman suddenly turned her pretty face toward them, her phoenix eyes flashed a cold ray as she focused her attention to size the two boys up, while they were still adopting a pretentious stance. She spoke coldly, If you must know, the reason I spoke so many words with you is because this Bangzhu thinks very highly of you, hence I am thinking of inviting you to enter our Jukun Bang and become this Bangzhus first and last disciples [orig. open the gate and close the gate, respectively].

The two boys were stunned; with different mouths, same voice, they cried out, My Niang!

It was certainly beyond their wildest dream. How could this pretty woman, who was at most only three, four years older than they were, unexpectedly want to take them as her disciples?

The Clan Leader of the Fairer Sex Yun Yuzhen was not in the least apologetic, Whats so surprising about it? she asked, Learning has never known early or late; those who attain it become the master, whos to blame if your skill is so lacking? You dont even know the technique of holding a weapon.

Xu Ziling was disappointed, Even holding a weapon also has technique? he asked.

Of course! Yun Yuzhen snapped, Just by looking at how you grip the sword hilt with so much strength like you want to crush it I know that you dont know the key to holding weapon. Light and floating is actually tight. Too far is as bad as not enough [an idiom from the Analects]. Without instruction from a bright master, how would you, this little kid, know?

Kou Zhong was afraid Xu Ziling might lose face, he changed the subject, Didnt you say earlier that we are virtue-less and incompetent? Why the sudden change of attitude, condescending first and became very respectful later? Is it because of the Duke Yangs treasure-trove and the Secret to Long Life? After receiving us as your disciple, you will tell us that we must not disobey masters order, so in order to make you, Senior, happy, in the end we will obediently present the treasure to you.

Yun Yuzhen stared at him blankly for half a day with an amused look in her pretty eyes. Finally she said in a gentle and soft voice, If I, Yun Yuzhen, am conspiring to get those two things, let me, Yun Yuzhen not die a good death.

And then, pursing her lips she laughed and said, Perhaps you did not know, after Du Fuwei failed to find you, he returned to Liyang. One day he suddenly laughed. Naturally others asked him why did he laugh? He mentioned you, the two kids, saying that the two of you were born as amazing martial art materials. Although he has inspected innumerable people, he has never seen anybody with better natural endowments than you, hence his heart was moved with loving talent thought. Its just that he hated it that you got away, so now he only wants to get rid of you.

The two boys felt as if their faces were burning.

What she just said seemed to be words of compliment, but coming from her mouth it sounded a lot more ambiguous.

Xu Ziling awkwardly asked, How could you even know what Du Fuwei said?

Its none of your business, Yun Yuzhen nonchalantly replied, In todays world, other than Dou Jiande and Li Mi, two people with original insight, I am afraid nobody can surpass Du Fuwei. Therefore, this Bangzhu has the intention to take disciples. How about this, I dont care if you do obeisance to me as your Shifu, but if Haisha Bang catch up with you, dont blame anybody for not coming to your rescue. Her eyes shot another cold ray as she said, The Secret to Long Life is just a trick the Taoist school uses to scam people. As for the Duke Yangs treasure trove, it is only attractive to people who dream of becoming the emperor. I have to spare time to join that muddy water and come after you, these two big-head ghosts.

Kou Zhong was not happy at all, You want to be our, Yangzhou Two Dragons Shifu, at least you need to show your ability. Otherwise, if you cant even withstand our sword-halberd combination, how do you know that youll have enough capital to be our Shifu?

Yun Yuzhen agreed, You spoke so much words, only these last several words actually made some sense.

Knowing that she was about to make her move, the two boys were in full alert.

Since they grew up in the marketplace, they had a deep understanding of the old-age immutable law anything that is easy to get is not worth coveting. Such a thousand-lovely, hundred-charm beauty with respectable status wanted to take them as her disciples, there must be evil intention or hidden plot somewhere; its just that they could not penetrate her thought yet!

Yun Yuzhen grabbed the lantern with her left hand, and pulled the flute with her right hand, she slowly left the big rock she was sitting on. Her cape fluttered endlessly behind her back, just like a firefly transforming into a beautiful woman, as she flew across over the two boys head.

First, they never expected that she could possess such a move; second, they were a bit afraid to hack and injure her beautiful jade legs. Therefore, they scattered to the left and right in a flurry. Who would have thought that she used their heads as stepping-stones instead?

Yun Yuzhen landed behind the two boys; she laughed tenderly, My disciples, do you submit to me now?

The two boys faces turned beet-red. Exchanging a glance, they launched a converging attack from left and right. By this time they already knew that her martial art skill was extremely strong, hence they no longer show leniency, and attacked her with everything they had.

Xu Ziling originally used the third stance of Bloody Battle Ten Styles, the Light Cavalry Charging Ahead. If he were using saber, he would have moved the saber from the waist out in a feign attack toward the enemys pit of the stomach. If the enemy withdrew, the would change into saber hack sideways; but because he was using sword, he lost the flavor of the attack; hence he might as well halted his step and aimed for her shoulder. Fast as lightning the sword moved upward.

Kou Zhongs situation was even worse; he had no idea how to use the short halberd, which differed considerably from a saber. He was going to launch the second stance, Exposing the Tip of the Fire Beacon, but he had to make slight modification. Borrowing the momentum of his revolving body, he swept across Yun Yuzhens flank.

Yun Yuzhen let out a tender laughter, the lantern in her left hand rose up, illuminating the fine hair on Xu Zilings head, who was on her left, while the copper flute in her right hand very lightly, as if she did not use any force at all, tapped the tip of Xu Zilings sword. At the same time, the cape on her back fluttered forward to meet Kou Zhongs short halberd.

Bing! Bang!

The two boys felt a soft, yet hard to resist, internal energy burst in via their weapons, and spread into their body via the channels on the hollow of their palm and through their arm, just like an electric shock, so that they nearly dropped their weapon. They both backed off in a very awkward position.

Yun Yuzhen was even more shocked than they were.

Actually, she was trying to force her true energy into the opponents vital acupoints; who would have thought that as her energy reached the opponents shoulder, the stream of energy toward Xu Ziling felt like clay ox entering a sea of people; it disappeared without any trace, it dispersed into nothingness. The one going into Kou Zhong was pushed back by a rather overwhelming force.

The three people separated; they all looked at each other with astonishment.

Frowning, Yun Yuzhen said, If Luocha female taught you guys internal energy training, you ought to have similarity with the origin; but why is yours distinctly different? Tell me honestly, quick!

Kou Zhong giggled and said, You saw how profound is our internal strength, didnt you? Beautiful Shifu.

Xu Ziling laughed aloud and said, We are amazing martial art materials, naturally we developed different characteristics.

Knowing her superb martial art skill, yet she was still unable to injure them, the two boys found it exceedingly interesting, hence their hearts and hands were itching. Besides, looking at her beautiful appearance and lovely attitude was enough to give them pleasure.

Realizing that the master has not captured the disciples reverence, Yun Yuzhens pretty eyes shot a cold ray as she swiftly flitted to Kou Zhongs left, while her copper flute pointed to his face.

Kou Zhong clearly saw her movement, and he knew exactly what to do to block it, yet his body moved a bit slow; by the time his short halberd swept across, not only the tip of his nose was already hit, a sweeping kick had also landed on the side of his thigh. Immediately he fell to the ground with miserable groan, completely dejected and depressed.

Xu Ziling rushed forward to the rescue, brandishing his sword that it made whooshing noise to protect his own face. Who would have thought that Yun Yuzhen simply pointed her flute, and it penetrated his airtight sword net, and hit the middle of his forehead?

Xu Ziling felt as if he was struck by a lightning bolt; he was thrown backward and landed flat on his back.

Looking down at the two boys, who were momentarily unable to crawl back up, Yun Yuzhen said tenderly, I dont know where you learned those moves, which mainly rely on offensive, but you dont know that all these moves are disregarding life, seizing life, staking-it-all kind of fierce moves. If there is no determination to die together with the enemy, you wont be able to unleash the full power of the moves.

Groaning and moaning, the two boys stood up; their body felt numb from the shock of her qi, they no longer had any strength left to fight. Hearing her explanation, admiration grew in their hearts, because Li Jing had said the same thing. Evidently this womans insight was extremely superior.

Yun Yuzhen had increased her internal strength significantly, yet these two boys were able to stand back up this quickly; in her heart she was greatly amazed as well.

Apparently she did not have the real intention of taking these two boys as her disciples, she only wanted to use them to do something that was extremely important to her. But they had to be delighted and completely willing to do this thing, so that they would use various means to achieve the objective.

However, right now her heart was moved with the real intention to take them as her disciples. If they succeeded in this mission, in time these two boys would turn into her capable assistants.

Kou Zhong sighed, We always hold womenfolk in the highest regard, therefore, how could we have the heart to harm you

Shut up! Yun Yuzhen angrily said, You have the guts to speak that kind of frivolous words to me, are you asking for a beating?

Xu Ziling hastily said, Whatever it is, lets talk about it slowly. You want to accept disciples to impart your skills, the other party must be delighted and sincerely willng for it to happen. Right now we do not have the mind to do obeisance to you as our master yet. Is it possible for us to finish our business dealing first, and then we all come back to discuss the feasibility of this matter later?

At first Yun Yuzhens jade face turned frosty, but then it revealed a smiling expression. Totally beyond the two boys expectation, she said nonchalantly, Very well! You two may think it over carefully.

With a sway of her body, she was back on top of the big rock. With a tender voice she said, Haisha Bang wont spare anything trying to capture you back. You take care!

With another charming laughter she disappeared behind the big rock.

The two boys looked at each other; they felt disappointed to see her leave instead.

Suddenly Yun Yuzhen came back. But when the two boys were secretly delighted, she instructed them just like a master lecturing her disciples, It would be best if you completely erase any trace of you on the ground. Also, make it to appear that you have left far away from here. In the meantime, hide up here quietly for a month or two; otherwise, you wont be able to escape Haisha Bangs inescapable net.

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Thanks for the update.

Everyone has had their heart broken at least once

Another great update. Thanks for the hard work
    --=={Grundle}==--

Thks for the update foxs. I'm sure you know you are right on this dizi thingy ..

Default Book 2 - Chapter 9, Part 1

Jaya, Anh, HPC, Sky, you are welcome. Re: Grundle, did you hear that ladies? DongBin, my bad; what I meant was that perhaps the text did not mean 'horizontal' (I am a flute player, so I have particular interest on Chinese flute, although I don't have the luck to learn it.)

Book 2 Chapter 9 Early Glimpse into The Mystery

By the time Yun Yuzhen and the troops under her command left, it was almost dawn when the two boys finished dragging the sacks of salt into square-shaped piles that was empty in the middle. With their body weary and their strength exhausted, they entered the square and immediately fell into a deep slumber.

By that afternoon, voices from the shore have woken them up. The two boys crawled up and saw more than a dozen fast boats anchored on the shore. What attracted their attention the most were Han Gaitian and the pretty nun. Terrified, the two boys shrunk back and returned to the forest.

Fortunately Yun Yuzhen had given them direction earlier; otherwise, this time it would be like their wings have been plucked and not able to fly.

The two boys did not even have the courage to go outside to pick wild fruits. Even when the voices have gone, they still hid inside their cozy nest.

That evening suddenly a rain came. Luckily they had built roof from tree branches and sogon grass mixed with mud, which was able to deter most of the rainwater, so that the trickling water inside their nest was still bearable.

Kou Zhong happily said, This rain is so timely, it will wash away the traces on the ground; that Han Pudi must have thought that we are already far away from here. [Translators Note: play on words: gai tian covering the sky, pu di falling face down on the earth/ground.]

Xu Ziling could not help laughing, Gai Tian Pu Di, these names are as brilliant as that Yuwen Huagu.

Kou Zhong reached out to stroke the almost-a-cun-long beard on Xu Zilings face. He laughed and said, Xiao Ling, you look a bit more macho now, its just that your beard is a bit shorter than mine. Do you want me to pull them clean by my miraculous hands, so that youll become little white face [i.e. pretty boy]?

Xu Ziling pushed his hand away and said, When our beard grew until we cant even recognize ourselves, then we can go sell our salt for profit. Do you understand?

Kou Zhong slapped his thigh in praise; but then he said in distress, Is our martial art skill that lacking? Why did we clearly feel in our heart that we would be able to block our beautiful Shifus jade move, but our hands and feet did not want to obey us?

Xu Ziling mused, I never thought about that. In my opinion, we learned an exceptionally amazing power from the Secret to Long Life, but we still cannot apply it to the moves. Moreover, each type of weapon has its own unique characteristic, which we have not grasped yet. Naturally we cannot use it as our hearts wish.

Kou Zhong raised his thumb to praise him, This kid is amazing, he actually came up with the same idea I did. This proves that your natural endowments are as good as mine!

They chatted and joked until darkness fell, and then the two boys slipped out. After they saw that the Haisha Bang people have left and not a single one remained, they left to find wild fruits to allay their hunger under the cover of darkness.

After that, the two boys tore each other apart on that beach and sparred against each other in high spirit. They thought that they might as well take off their clothes and just wore shorts, playing in the sea waves joyfully. It was not until Xu Ziling accidentally made a minor scratch Kou Zhongs arm did they stop their sparring.

Lying on the beach, the two boys found their interest waned, because no matter how diligent they trained, the true qi within their body and the styles of their movement could not be fused into one. Other than obtaining more understanding on how to use their weapons, it could be said that they did not gain anything.

Not too long afterwards, the two boys fell asleep.

When Xu Ziling awoke, bird songs entered his ears. He opened his eyes and looked up, and happened to see a seagull circling over the sea, its bearing natural and graceful, it looked so carefree and happy. The seagull suddenly dove down at an angle into the water. When it reappeared, there was a wriggling, struggling small fish in its claw.

Watching this, Xu Zilings mind was severely shaken. He grabbed Kou Zhong at his side and said in hoarse voice, I understand it!

To his surprise, he was grabbing an empty space. Looking all around, he did not see any trace of Kou Zhong. Xu Ziling jumped in fright and shouted, Kou Zhong!

Suddenly something emerged from the sea; it was Kou Zhong. He saw on one hand Kou Zhong was holding his sword, on the other hand he had a big fish. Immensely proud of himself he called out, Today we wont have to nibble those birds tasteless wild fruits.

Xu Ziling did not say anything. He fetched the short halberd lying beside him and rushed toward Kou Zhong, who was walking from the sea to the beach. Kid, take this! he shouted.

Kou Zhong laughed aloud while brandishing his sword to meet the attack, Little thief, you are asking for death!

At this time Xu Zilings mind was filled with the image of the trajectory of the seagull swooping down into the sea, his heart and mind in harmony, his intention and his hand working together, he completely grasped Kou Zhongs sword movement and his footwork, as well as his speed. He let out a long whistle, while imitating the seagulls trajectory, the short halberd drew an arc in the air.

The most amazing thing happened.

The sole of his left foot heated up, but the sole of his right foot turned incomparably cold; exactly the opposite of what usually happened during his training, where the sole of his right foot would heat up first.

The amazing thing was not limited to this at all. Previously, the heat would appear first and then the cold. This time however, the heat and the cold occurred together. Followed by two separate streams of qi, one hot and one cold, rushed upward from the Yong Quan [gushing spring] acupoints on the soles of his left and right feet, passing through the Yin Qiao channel on the inside of his legs, and reached the Sheng Si orifices on his crotch, passing through the Chong channels on his left and right chest, and returned to the Jiang Guan position below his heart, the cold and hot qi converged to become one stream, going down the Dai channel, extending toward the small of his back left and right, and going up along the Du channel toward his shoulders, and rushed down via Yang Shu channel on the outside of his elbow. The true qi flowed naturally, without human interference at all. [Sorry, I am sure my translation is off since I know nothing of Chinese medicine.]

Dang! Amid the miserable groan, the palm of Kou Zhongs hand was jolted open, his sword was thrown backward.

The two boys stopped instantly and just stared at each other blankly.

Meanwhile, the strange qi within Xu Zilings body kept flowing along the Yin Shu channel on the inside of his elbow, and returned to Jiang Gong, down to Sheng Si orifice, following the Yin Qiao channel inside his leg. It flowed back to the Yong Quan acupoint before vanishing.

Kou Zhong tossed away the fish he caught and used that hand to hold his other hand, which was very painful, while he squatted in the shallow water. What birds thing was that? he cried out. [Translators note: I just realized that Kou Zhong used the word bird a lot ]

Xu Ziling plopped himself down in the water and said in ecstasy, I got it now! Niang, Du Fuwei, our beautiful Shifu Bangzu, were right. Secret to Long Life does not have anything to do with martial art, however, it is the key to unlock the mystery of the universe. We have heard it before that human body is a small universe, while the world outside our bodies is another universe. Therefore, as long as we can grasp the natural essence of these two universes, inner and outer universes will merge together, and will be fused into one entity. Just like the move I have just launched.

This remark, perhaps only if Guang Chengzi [see Book 1, Chapter 1] came back to life would he be able to infer it clearly. However, even if top-notch expert listened to this, he might still be confused. As a matter of fact, it was precisely the martial arts highest, most ideal principle of oneness of heaven and humanity.

By lucky coincidence Xu Ziling arrived at this conclusion and simply blurted it out, but he did not know that his remark would be the starting point of their journey to become the peerless martial art expert of this age in the future.

Throughout history, no one has ever obtained this comprehension. Of course, one of the many reasons was that no one has ever imagined that they would blindly and randomly train the internal energy cultivation according to the Secret to Long Life either.

Xu Ziling explained what he saw about the seagull. Kou Zhong was greatly delighted; he picked up the sword and roared, Try it again. Remember that you can only strike this martial art experts sword.

Xu Ziling acknowledged the order. Grasping the short halberd, he repeated his strike just now.

Ding! Kou Zhong blocked it with all his strength.

Xu Ziling was disappointed, How come this time it didnt work?

Go back to the beach, Kou Zhong instructed, Rush forward just like you did last time. The problem could be that you have not generated enough heat in your body.

Xu Ziling thought it made sense; he did as Kou Zhong instructed. Who would have thought that it was still completely useless? The brilliance was gone.

Afterwards, no matter how they trained, they could not reproduce the formidable power of that one strike. Finally the two boys lay down dejectedly on the beach, extremely frustrated.

Kou Zhong turned around to lie face down on the fine sand, with his fist he hammered the ground, What is the problem? he asked.

Xu Ziling had a brainwave, That day when Li Dage was seriously injured and lost consciousness, you went out to find a mule cart, I was bored and practiced Li Dages Bloody Battle Ten Styles. That time Jiejie was scared and told me to stop, because my saber emitted hot wind and saber aura. But afterwards, when I fought the enemy for real, I could not generate either hot wind or saber aura. Worse yet, as soon as I met the enemy face-to-face, my saber was twisted and thrown away. If we could figure out why it was so, maybe we could solve the problem.

Kou Zhongs spirit was greatly aroused; he sat up and asked, When you practiced your saber play that time, what did you think?

Recalling the situation that time, Xu Ziling said slowly, Nothing. I just wanted to practice my saber play so that I could protect Li Dage and Jiejie, and not let them to come to any harm.

Greatly shaken, Kou Zhong said, I got it. Its what Niang told us about forgetting everything, inside and out; no-man no-self, the borderline between with and without intention. Just now you when you attacked me, basically you did not expect that it could be that formidable, hence you were able to reach the realm where inside and outside universes converged completely and became one entity, exactly like Niang said, forgetting everything, inside and out. Afterwards, you had the intention, hence you could not achieve the same realm.

That was what they said, but for the following ten days or so, the two boys practiced from morning till evening, yet all along they failed to achieve the effect they wanted, that strike that was as if a divine being was behind it.

However, they were, after all, young boys. They were accustomed to live a lazy life back in Yangzhou; unexpectedly, they stopped training altogether, and just spending their days hunting for fish in the ocean, feeling totally free and at leisure, and very cheerful.

One day, when they returned from the sea to the beach, Kou Zhong said, Did you notice how the fish escape our catch? At first they concentrated their attention completely, and then with a flick of their tail, they slipped away at an unimaginable angle, and it also made full use of the stream characteristics. If we could copy some of successful skill, even if our beautiful Shifu returned, perhaps it wouldnt be so easy for her to beat us askew to the left and collapse to the right.

Thanks, foxs.

Good description of the Eight Extraordinary Meridians pathways and acupoints! Thks foxs.