Page 55 of 358 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 7159

Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Since Yun Yuzhen taught them the Bird Crossing Technique, they had experienced countless setbacks, attempts, and hard work to get better. But because they had eventually succeeded in training the Secret to Long Life, in turn their fantastic true qi could be applied in qinggong, so that each one of them was able to come up with amazing, beyond compare, shenfa. [Translators note: this is rather hard to translate without wordy explanation, basically it is a pose or motion of the body specifically in martial art.]

Because of different interests and focus in developing their lightness skill, their qinggong style was also vastly different from each other. When they started training the Bird Crossing Technique, Kou Zhong loved to observe the marine ecosystem of swimming and cruising fish; therefore, automatically he developed movements mimicking the best of variety fish motion, full of vivacious postures. Still as a maiden, moving like a fugitive.

Xu Ziling, on the other hand...
    Yun Yuzhen ! Remember her (or the above) ?
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs!

Very exciting chapter. Can't wait for more.

Thanks foxs. Our young heroes have move up another level. Now everyone want get the Secret to Long Life from them.

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs

thanks foxs

Thanks foxs, a week not reading the story and many things have happened..
    - SLY is out of the picture for time being..
    - XZL will probably become a priest.. (how else could he reject SLY? )
    - the characters surrounding the boys seem to have increased in kungfu level.. a little bit too much I think...
    Before, Du Fuwei seemed very good (almost at the top).. now it seems he is good, but not that top class...

We are learning the story almost through The Two Boys eye, what is good Kung Fu to Twin Dragon of Yang Chow will not be the same to the Twin Dragon of Dai Tang.

Although Huang Yi did not give out a table of who is a better one, but he had given out hints from the beginning, and these hints did not change.

Zhuge Dewei said with a laugh, Jianghu has never been bustling with excitement like it was recently, probably the heavens good fortune has arrived, because outstanding heroes of the younger generation are rising. Other than Heita, the ones in the limelight most recently, from the men: Yang Xuyan, Ba Fenghan, the two Xiongdi, and one who called himself Passionate Prince[1], Hou Xibai.
    Hou Xibai, another name to keep in mind ?

Xu Ziling asked, Just now Mr. Zhuge mentioned that these people are from among the men! What about the women?
    Which of the women that we have previously read, if Zhuge Dewei wasn't interrupted, might be listed ? Do you anticipate an introduction to a new heroine or two...
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

[QUOTE=r_aribawono;1111478
    - XZL will probably become a priest.. (how else could he reject SLY? [/QUOTE]

He rejected the Dongming Princess too. He only got eyes for KZ.

Quote Originally Posted by r_aribawono View Post
    Thanks foxs, a week not reading the story and many things have happened..
    - SLY is out of the picture for time being..
    - XZL will probably become a priest.. (how else could he reject SLY? )
    - the characters surrounding the boys seem to have increased in kungfu level.. a little bit too much I think...
    Before, Du Fuwei seemed very good (almost at the top).. now it seems he is good, but not that top class...
    the best 3 are those 3 great master, bi xuan etc. the clan chief, the rebel leader, are top tiers, but not the best. the 2 boys are also top tiers, unfortunately, they haven't yet understanding the depth of their skill.

KZ eventually will go for worldly power, while XZL will go for martial art cultivation, but their world are bound to each other. oh, is this consider as a spoiler?

In fact, up to this time, when he was flying over the snowy ground, he had encountered not a few beautiful women, yet none ever occupied any place in his heart.

He was content just by practicing the energy cultivation of the Secret to Long Life; his mind was focused solely on the martial art training. It was not because he was after fame or fortune, but a personal pursuit; he wanted to surpass his own previous achievement.

Lying in bed every night, he immediately entered the state of mind where he trained his qi, the state of forgetting object, forgetting self that fascinated the heaven and the earth.

Although during his waking hours he occasionally remembered Shan Wanjing, Yun Yuzhen, Shen Luoyan, and other beauties, but there were only vexation and loathing feelings in his heart, not the longing feeling between men and women.

Only martial art cultivation brought him the greatest satisfaction; in everything else he was satisfied with himself, and nothing he wanted to seek.

However, Kou Zhongs ambition was clearly much bigger than his, so that he started to feel that their differences continue to widen with each passing day. Other than that, speaking about deep affection for each other, naturally they were still the best brothers and the best of friends.
    Key passage to (current) Xu Ziling ?

Don't forget that Kou and Xu practice different picture, one is cold and the other hot, one keep moving all the time, and the other steep and don't move. these factors also affect their attitude to life.

Default Book 5 - Chapter 9, Part 3

Bocah, I just want to clarify: if you already know the story, then you are giving spoiler, but if you are guessing, like Xu Xiong, Akolaw or Ari above, then I don't have any problem. On the contrary, I think it is interesting that we have our own guesses, and as the story unfolds, we will find out together. I am reading as I am translating this, so I don't know too far ahead into the future. Bocah, Ysabel, HPC, Jaya, Anh, Chua, you are welcome. Laoren, I find it strange that they have so many 'things' that others wanted: Secret to Long Life, Duke Yang Treasure, and Account Book. One is reasonable, but three? I think it was too much Huang Yi ... Sky, ROFL ... naughty, naughty ...

Xu Zilings comment was extremely formidable; it showed clearly their determination that they would rather be broken jade pieces than becoming roof tile, which matched the prowess Kou Zhong showed when he forced Tuoba Yu to retreat with just one move, yet there was also an intimidating power behind it.

In the meantime, Liu Heita and the others did their best to regulate their qi, preparing themselves to go all-out if they need to strike back.

Suddenly a charming laughter came from the outside, followed by a young woman appeared from the big window to their left. The girl was wearing a hat with beads of green-jade curtain in front on her head, and an oversized gauze gown on her body, but a pair of bare feet was peeking out from under her skirt.

Casually she leaned over the broken-down window, one leg stepping on the window sill, the other leg dangling down, swinging back and forth like a pendulum; looked like she was enjoying herself very much.

This girl was extremely charming and cute; there were freckles on her melon seed face and her two cheekbones like the stars in the sky, giving the impression of a witty, wild and brutish girl. Her handsome eyes were long and enchanting, the jet-black pupils of her eyes were twinkling with wild, untamed animal-like look as she was sizing Kou Zhong up and down with great interest, as if the other people did not exist at all.

However, everybodys eyes were fixed on the odd-shaped dagger, which was usually hanging on the waist, but at this time was in her hand as she was playing with it.

This kind of dagger was very popular among the Tujue[1], the blade was slightly curved, the front part sharp, the back slanted, with no hand-protector, the hilt was only wrapped with strips of cloth, the blade started straight and curved down to pare, it was ground flat without any dent. Because the edge of the blade was only about a cun [approx. 1 inch/a thumb] wide, it was extremely sharp. Plus the dagger in this girls hand appeared to be of a very high quality. Under the illumination of the lantern, which was sitting high on the beam, it flickered with cold rays. Just from her sudden appearance, it was clear that her martial art skill was not inferior to Tuoba Yu.

This cute girls mouth pouted; she shifted her gaze toward Xu Ziling, and spoke in disdain, Turns out the Central Earth is full of foolish conceits [orig. Yelang thinks highly of itself], no wonder Yang Guang overestimated his own capabilities and sent a military expedition to Gaoli [Korea]. I, Chunyu Wei, want to see your rather die than submit thingy.

Tuoba Yu laughed aloud and said, My Shimei [martial (younger) sister] is accustomed to be favored by Shizun [venerable master]; gentlemen, please dont mind her. This time Xiaodi received the order to request the Secret to Long Life; not to rob or seize by force. Shizun did say that after he has a quick look on the Secret to Long Life, he will immediately give it back, and in return, he will pass on a different set of consummate skills to each of Kou Xiong and Xu Xiong. I am asking two Xiongtai not to mistakenly think of our Master as someone who only want to take advantage of other people.

Everybody exchanged a glance with each other; they all felt that Bi Xuan did not fail his poise as the grand master of this age.

Chunyu Wei smiled sweetly at Kou Zhong and said, Your martial art skill is not bad! However, this time we came here, other than the two of us, brother and sister, there are still Duobei Desert Eighteen White-horse Riders who are also personally trained by Shizun, every one of them is dauntless and fear no death. If we fight, I am afraid not many of you will escape alive.

After a short pause, she continued, I forgot to tell you that as long as you are still breathing, we will have a way to grant a new lease of life for you, then wont we be able to get the Secret to Long Life?

Her voice was tender and sweet with a slight foreign accent that it gave some kind of exotic flavor.

Tuoba Yu frowned and said, Shimei, could you be a bit more polite? If we could avoid fighting, certainly that would be best.

Two martial brother and sister, one hard the other soft, especially since Tuoba Yu had already demonstrated his power in pressurizing the group of heroes, certainly they were putting these people under a lot of pressure. Much less there were still at least eighteen powerful opponent, which were personally trained by Bi Xuan, waiting outside, hence which side was strong and which side was weak was very easy to see.

By this time they had formed a small circle, protecting Susu, who was strapped onto Xu Zilings back, forming a barrier that clearly demarcated the opposing sides.

Liu Heita laughed aloud and said, Its hard for soldiers and generals to avoid dying in battle, if the Heaven destines me, Liu Heita to die in this fight, Laozi [I, your father] will not knit half of an eyebrow. No need to talk too much, let it be decided under our hands.

This mans natural character was heroic and brave, immediately everybodys fighting spirit was aroused.

Tuoba Yu took a step forward and said in astonishment, Turns out Sire is the number one general under Dou Jiande, Liu Heita; no wonder your hands are that strong. But there is one thing Xiaodi does not understand. It is apparent that we all can exchange weapons of war for gifts of jade and silk [i.e. turning hostility into friendship], but why did Liu Xiong strongly advocate for battle?

Liu Heita knew Tuoba Yu was trying to divide his side; inwardly he cried out, Formidable! Yet without the slightest hesitation he said, Supposing this time Tuoba Xiong came only to discuss about borrowing a book, there was no need to deploy so many manpower. It shows clearly that you are relying on force to demand the book. However, now that we have three more people on our side, Kou Xiongdis power thus exceeds your brilliant anticipation, hence you changed your tone of speech, from demanding to borrowing. Did I say it wrong?

Chunyu Wei laughed and said, Of course you did. This time we came to the south, borrowing the Secret to Long Life is just one of our missions. The other important matter is to hunt and kill that evil disciple Ba Fenghan, to cut his stinky head and present it back to Shizun. Do you guys understand?

Susu, who had been silent, suddenly spoke out, If we give the book to you, can you guarantee that you will no longer disturb us?

Xu Ziling and Kou Zhong were about to speak, but then they swallowed back the words into their belly, because they simultaneously thought that even if they hand over the book to Bi Xuan, he would not be able to make any sense of what he was reading anyway. Therefore, they did not see any reason to sacrifice everybodys life just for the sake of this book.

Tuoba Yu happily said, It is best that Miss is so reasonable. Whatever our Master has said, he always keeps it. In fact, Zaixia [lit. under] does have the intention to make friends with Liu Xiong, Kou Xiong and Xu Xiong. If we all can be polite and amiable, nothing can be more perfect than that!

Kou Zhong said, Honestly my hands are itching very much right now, I really want to fight; winning or losing is not a big deal. However, not fighting also has its own benefit. Its just that we buried the Secret to Long Life in a secret place, it will take a considerable effort for us to get it and hand it over to you. Problem is, we need to resolve an affair before we can handle this matter. I wonder what is Tuoba Xiongs opinion about it?

Chunyu Wei interrupted, You are very interesting, so amusing that I like you a lot!

When everybody heard that, they could only stared blankly with mouth agape; nobody had ever expected that this loveable and charming girl would publicly announce her interest in some stranger man.

Tuoba Yu laughed and said, My humble Shimei has always been this straightforward, but the number of men she likes actually cannot be counted, Kou Xiong must not take it to heart.

Chunyu Wei crossly said, How could Shixiong say such thing about me? This time it is different!

Kou Zhong facetiously asked, Isnt every time different than the others?

Liu Heita and the others could not help feeling amused; they never expected that the three parties who were originally with swords drawn and bows bent would suddenly be tangled up in this matter.

Chunyu Wei was going to speak, but Tuoba Yu cut her off, We still need some time to hunt and kill Ba Fenghan anyway, supposing I give two gentlemen half a year time, would you be able to fetch the Secret to Long Life?

For the first time everybody started to have favorable impression on this eccentric Tuoba Yu, whose hands were unspeakably ruthless, simply because he attached most importance to keeping his words. Only people who keep his own words would put his trust that other people would also keep their words.

It should be enough, Kou Zhong replied, Half a year later we will meet in Luoyang. Even if we still dont have the Secret to Long Life in hands, we will take Tuoba Xiong to go fetch the book.

Tuoba Yu raised his cupped fist and said in a loud and clear voice, Its settled then. Xiaodi asks to be excused.

With a flash he was already outside the door.

Everybody turned their eyes toward Chunyu Wei, but this girl had already disappeared as well.

It was quite a while later that Liu Heita exhaled a mouthful of cold air and said, This time Ba Fenghans little life is really in danger!

None of the others did not share the same sentiment. If Bi Xuans two regular disciples were that formidable, wouldnt that mean that Bi Xuans martial art skill was much higher than anybody could imagine?

[1] The text added最利马戏 zui li ma xi after this sub-sentence; the closest I could find after googling it was shamsir and scimitar. A search on Turkic dagger returned Kilij. So I dont really know what it is.

Kou Zhong replied, Half a year later we will meet in Luoyang. Even if we still dont have the Secret to Long Life in hands, we will take Tuoba Xiong to go fetch the book.

Tuoba Yu raised his cupped fist and said in a loud and clear voice, Its settled then. Xiaodi asks to be excused.
    A date is set, but what's gonna happen in the next 6 months for our 3 siblings ? What interim adventures, twists and turns...

Another beauty ... looks like a parade of contestants in a beauty pageant! Not much romance thou, just a hint, here and there ... but the fight scenes! ... I guess these new found mates would make a formidable team. Thks foxs.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Thanks, foxs.