Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Stellar Transformation [星辰变 ] Continuation (Aequitas' Translation)

Go ahead Aequitas ... do your stuff. This domain is Ren's territory and we play by his rules. And he always play it fair.

Don't worry, Aequitas. We all appreciate your translations very much and if anyone is dissatisfied, it's not like you are stopping them from releasing a competing translation.
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

I'm really sorry for flaming an argument.... I did not know that there was a translator already translating it, and I thought that I could pick it up only to find out later on that day, I am really really really sorry for not getting my facts right first

Quote Originally Posted by Puttty View Post
    I'm really sorry for flaming an argument.... I did not know that there was a translator already translating it, and I thought that I could pick it up only to find out later on that day, I am really really really sorry for not getting my facts right first
    It wasnt your fualt just some rude guy who wanted to start shit so he rush to reddit to conplain

Don't worry about it. As readers, we are simply glad there are people who are willing to give some of their time so that we can enjoy a few minutes of entertainment in our dull and dreary life

Translation-wise, these are issues, like collaboration, etc, that have to be ironed out...and being new, you are simply stumbling around. Hope to see your translation of a novel soon.

I'm glad that there is 'a' translation at all, especially considering the long (open-ended) hiatus from he-man. I was really excited to hear that Aequitas was willing to translate, even on a two-week per chapter basis. 2 chapters per month beats 0 chapters per month.

This reddit argument seems to be completely disjointed, with people reading top-down, and recent comments aren't shown right at the top (at least thats how I read it). A lot of the replies are from people who aren't part of this community, and so don't know the entire situation.

My 2c on it:
    Puttty was willing to translate ST, but only as a solo project (correct?), whereas Aequitas was willing to continue on the project/collaborate. The ENTIRE situation should barely even be commented by readers. It was a dick move for a certain 'someone' to make a thread condemning the community of translators when he himself doesn't even translate anything, and morever, he wasn't even an active user on the forum.

That being said, I hope we'll just move past it and I can return to reading the stories I like. (said like a true leecher XD)

@Aequitas, I hope you can take some constructive criticism from me:
    While staying true to the chinese text might be better from an accuracy point of view, I (aka just me ) think it would be better if you edit it a bit to make it a better reading experience for an english audience.

Truthfully, I don't understand why translators don't modify the text a little (besides the accuracy thing). Sometimes the sentence construction, word usage, nuances, and even image construction doesn't get conveyed in the manner the author intended when going from one language to another.

Anyway, that was my 2c, so you can throw it away or whatever. Also, Thanks for persevering for the last month and putting out more chapters. I sincerely hope you'll continue

Aequitas, one personal bit of advice; I think you are trying to stick pretty close to the Chinese syntax. Truth be told, I personally think a little bit of variance is a-ok. I too try to stick to the Chinese syntax, but only if the syntax and punctuation also sounds grammatically correct in English. If it doesn't, it just looks weird to the English readers and (a bit counter-intuitively) leads people to either question the quality/accuracy of the translation, or of the original novel.

My goal in translating is this; while maintaining as much accuracy as possible, still convey the same 'feeling' to the English reader that a Chinese reader would have gotten, even if the grammar/syntax has to be changed to accomplish this.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Aequitas and saima123, I suggest you consider a Google Drive/Doc setup similar to Duolou Dalu (https://drive.google.com/folderview?...mp;usp=sharing)

This way you can claim chapters to translate without having to really communicate before hand, if you so desire. Just create a new Doc for the chapter you wish to translate and the other translator(s) can simply carry on down the line to the next unclaimed chapter. This way multiple translators can get involved relitavely easily.

This is just something to consider. Duolou Dalu is an excellent series by the way. IMO it is on par with CD and ST.

Quote Originally Posted by teddypicker View Post
    I'm glad that there is 'a' translation at all, especially considering the long (open-ended) hiatus from he-man. I was really excited to hear that Aequitas was willing to translate, even on a two-week per chapter basis. 2 chapters per month beats 0 chapters per month.
    I'd like to preface this by saying that I concur with everything you said and really do appreciate aequitas taking on this great task and being a hei yu to bring us a series we all love.

With that said, I can also understand why some folks may complain, purely because 400 books remaining at 2 chapters per month I still 17 years?

Quote Originally Posted by faerro View Post
    Aequitas and saima123, I suggest you consider a Google Drive/Doc setup similar to Duolou Dalu (https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Gc&usp=sharing)

This way you can claim chapters to translate without having to really communicate before hand, if you so desire. Just create a new Doc for the chapter you wish to translate and the other translator(s) can simply carry on down the line to the next unclaimed chapter. This way multiple translators can get involved relitavely easily.

This is just something to consider. Duolou Dalu is an excellent series by the way. IMO it is on par with CD and ST.
    1 2nd this method..it would be much better for translators to colaborate through google doc.

i also love the douluo dalu

Thanks for all the efforts tang san and xiao wo..ohh imean Aequitas and saima

Putty perhaps you could translate one of other IET works http://www.wuxiaworld.com/forums/top...s-has-written/ I think other than Stellar Transformations, Swallowed Stars, and Coiling Dragon the rest are not translated.

How dare that zergling212 anger Overlord Translators and waste their precious time! Us leechers should linch him!

No worries, Puttty, no one thinks it is your fault!

Aequitas, hang in their, buddy! It looks like you and and saima might be able to form a great tag-team duo

Gentlemen, let's focus the topic of this thread back on the translation itself. Thanks!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by (yoYo) View Post
    Putty perhaps you could translate one of other IET works http://www.wuxiaworld.com/forums/top...s-has-written/ I think other than Stellar Transformations, Swallowed Stars, and Coiling Dragon the rest are not translated.

How dare that zergling212 anger Overlord Translators and waste their precious time! Us leechers should linch him!
    *Grabs his pitchfork, torch, barrel of tar and a boatload of feathers*

Lead the way!

Aequitas you rock! Thank you for spending your valuable time translating for us.

Quote Originally Posted by tahir View Post

Quote Originally Posted by faerro View Post
    Aequitas and saima123, I suggest you consider a Google Drive/Doc setup similar to Duolou Dalu (https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Gc&usp=sharing)

1 2nd this method..it would be much better for translators to colaborate through google doc.

i also love the douluo dalu

Thanks for all the efforts tang san and xiao wo..ohh imean Aequitas and saima
    This is probably the best thing you could do. It would speed up translations and get more people to volunteer to help. Also if you ever decided to take a break from translating, it would keep the project ongoing as it makes collaborating easier and would clear up the current misunderstanding as the situation would change. You would be shown as offering to accept help and not just saying it.
    Last edited by UrbanBob; 02-06-15 at 03:06 PM.

Hi, does anyone know if there is a detailed list of the chinese proper nouns of this light novel (ex. The chaotic astral ocean, the devil immortals) in english?

Quote Originally Posted by ichidori View Post
    Hi, does anyone know if there is a detailed list of the chinese proper nouns of this light novel (ex. The chaotic astral ocean, the devil immortals) in english?
    I have a couple I guess...

宗倔 _Zong_Jue_
    五爪金龙 _Five-Clawed_Golden_Dragon_
    凡人界 _Mortal_Realm_
    仙界使者 _Immortal_Realm_Emissary_
    魔界使者 _Devil_Realm_Emissary_
    妖界使者 _Demon_Realm_Emissary_
    上界使者 _Ascended_Realm_Emissary_
    乌空血 _Wu_Kong_Xue_
    明良真人 _Reverend_Ming_Liang_
    明良 _Ming_Liang_
    龙族 _Dragon_Clan_
    十衍幻阵 _Ten_Development_Illusionary_Formation_
    散仙 _loose_immortals_
    破天图 _Heaven-Sundering_Diagram_
    仙界 _Immortal_Realm_
    魔界 _Devil_Realm_
    妖界 _Demon_Realm_
    上界 _Ascended_Realm_
    使者 _Emissary_
    浮云子 _Fu_Yun_Zi_
    流云岛 _Flowing_Cloud_Island_
    腾龙大陆 _Teng_Long_Continent_
    腾龙 _Teng_Long_
    潜龙大陆 _Qian_Long_Continent
    暴乱星海 _Chaotic_Astral_Ocean_
    秦羽 _Qin_Yu_
    散修 _loose_practitioners_
    侯费 _Hou_Fei_
    黑羽 _Hei_Yu_
    鹏魔岛 _Devil_Peng_Island_
    火眼水猿 _Fiery-Eyed_Aquatic_Monkey_
    澜叔 _Uncle_Lan_
    费费 _Fei_Fei_
    神兽 _Divine_Beast_
    大阵 _Formation_
    善去 _Shan_Qu_
    十二劫 _12th_tribulation_
    上天宫 _Heavenly_Palace_
    族长 _Clan_Leader_
    黄金色巨龙 _golden_dragon_
    清虚观 _Qing_Xu_Temple_
    澜前辈 _Senior_Lan_
    星辰阁 _Stellar_Tower_
    妖识 _Devil_Sense_
    阵 _formation_
    火晴水猿 _Fiery-Eyed_Aquatic_Monkey_
    方阗 _Fang_Tian_
    金翅大鹏鸟 _Golden-Winged_Great_Peng_
    剑仙澜风 _Sword_Saint_Lan_Feng_
    澜风 _Lan_Feng_
    石变 _Shi_Bian_
    亦奘 _Yi_Zang_
    连啸 _Lian_Xiao_
    扈宜 _Hu_Yi_
    小黑 _Xiao_Hei_
    流星泪 _Meteoric_Tear_
    元婴 _yuanying_
    修魔者 _Xiumoist_
    修魔 _Xiumo_
    修仙者 _Xiuxianist_
    修仙 _Xiuxian_
    修妖者 _Xiuyaoist_
    修妖 _Xiuyao_
    修真者 _Xiuzhenist_
    修真 _Xiuzhen_
    奇门遁甲 _The_Mysterious_Gates_Escaping_Technique_
    三昧真火 _Samadhi_Flame_
    大罗金仙 _Golden_Immortal_
    金仙 _Golden_Immortal_
    丹田 _Dantian_
    渡劫期 _Dujie_Stage_
    大成期 _Dacheng_Stage_
    洞虚期 _Dongxu_Stage_
    内丹 _Neidan_
    剑仙 _Sword_Saint_
    晚辈 _junior_
    前辈 _senior_

If any of these seem incorrect, please correct me... if there are some that I happen to be missing, pls help me add to my glossary.
    Last edited by Aequitas; 02-06-15 at 09:06 PM.

And here is the next chapter, translated by me and proofread by Aequitas for your reading pleasure

Book 11 Chapter 19 - The Immortal Realm Emissary Descends

Shocked and stupefied.

The loose immortals of Heavenly Palace, the top experts from the Chaotic Astral Ocean, the group of experts from the dragon clan, and all the top experts of the Mortal Realm are horrified at this moment. No words, only a simple, random sword aura was enough to terrify everyone present.

Fang Tian and Zong Jue look with disbelief in their eyes.

Fang Tian, since when does the Mortal Realm have such an expert? Just take look at his sword, its at least a high-grade immortal weapon. Maybe even a top-grade immortal weapon!

Zong Jue just cant fathom that the Mortal Realm would have an expert who can threaten him and Fang Tian. Fang Tian can also not stop his surprise. Immediately, Fang Tian keeps silent and asks with his demon sense: Zong Jue, do you think it might be the Immortal Realm Emissary?

Immortal Realm Emissary? Zong Jue is startled in his heart.

The aura radiating from that mysterious, callous man is definitely an immortal aura. Furthermore, that utmost and profound sword aura was even able to force Fang Tian and Zong Jue to evade. Fang Tian in his shock stows away the Hereditary Dragon Pearl. Currently, using the Hereditary Dragon Pearl does not have an ounce of effect. Reverend Ming Liang who was controlled by the Hereditary Dragon Pearl also recovers. Reverend Ming Liang suddenly remembers what just happened a moment ago.

Not good.

Reverend Ming Liang is horrified. He knows he was being controlled and has definitely spilled the secret.

Reverend Ming Liang notices the mysterious and callous man inside the main hall of the Heavenly Palace, who was still emitting a profound sword aura. He was both terrified but also overjoyed.

I am Ming Liang of the Qing Xu Sect. Please allow me to extend my greetings to the Immortal Realm Emissary. Reverend Ming Liang seems very humbled.

The loose immortals look at reverend Ming Liang and immediately, turn to the mysterious man while saying respectfully: Were honored to meet the Immortal Realm Emissary.

The Chaotic Astral Ocean and the Dragon clan are both surprised.
    Fang Tian and Zong Jue look at each other without saying a word.

With only that one sword aura, Fang Tian and Zong Jue knew one thing. In their human form, they have to reveal all their secret techniques to even stand a chance of fighting. If they want to win, they have to use all their secret techniques while in their original form.

Only, Fang Tian and Zong jue feel that the mysterious man before them is too unfathomable. Even using all their secret techniques in original form, they are not sure of victory.

Im not the Immortal Realm Emissary
    The callous man looks at everyone and said coldly.

But Qin Yu behind Zong Jue actually shows some amusement in his eyes.

Immortal Realm Emissary?
    Thats just his Sword Immortal Puppet.

The Sword Immortal Puppet was forged by Uncle Lan. Its whole body was created using a distinct material, which is very hard yet flexible. That sword is also comparable to a top-grade immortal weapon. One can say the whole Sword Immortal Puppet is comparable to a top-grade immortal weapon. In a clash of power, nothing can harm its body.

But attacking would require the energy from top grade holy elemental rock.

Currently, a thread of Qin Yus holy sense has merged within the Sword Immortal Puppet, the Puppets voice is controlled by Qin Yu.

Lord Immortal Emissary, the elder from the Immortal Realm already told me, the emissary is a Sword Immortal. My capability may be limited, but I clearly see that you are a sword immortal. Moreover, you were able to force back Fang Tian and Zong Jue with a single sword move. I believe there is no person of this level in the entire Mortal Realm. Reverend Ming Liang said worryingly.

He just cant understand why Lord Immortal Emissary does not admit to be the emissary.

I am the Sword Immortal Lan Feng. Comrades Fang Tian and Zong Jue are indeed not at my level in their human form. But in their true form, even I would find it very difficult to prevail over them. The Sword Immortal Puppet said casually, his words coming from Qin Yu.

Looking from another angle, the Puppet can be thought of as Qin Yus double.

There is a great change in Fang Tian and Zong Jues mind.

This mysterious Sword Immortal is just too strong, they both feel that winning against him in their human form is not possible and only their true form might have a chance. Coincidentally, both of them had a good impression of this mysterious Sword Immortal.

That person called them comrades, of course they do not wish to have him as their enemy.

Brother Lan Feng, I, Zong Jue cant imagine an expert such as yourself existing in the Mortal Realm. But it is strange. I assume you should be at least a Sword Immortal, but I still have confidence against this level of power. If its only 12-tribulation sword immortal, I am certain it would be my victory. Zong Jue smiles lightly.

Lan Feng nods his head.
    Correct, I am a level 1 Golden Immortal. My breakthrough to level 2 is also not far away.

Zong Jue and Fang Tian understood immediately.

Oh Fang Tian said smilingly: Brother Lan Feng, I am Fang Tian. No wonder Zong Jue and I could not detect your strength with our demon senses. Sword Immortals possess the highest attack power in the Immortal Realm. A normal Immortal on that level cannot stop me. But brother Lan Feng is a level 1 Golden Sword immortal, your power is probably close to mine.

Zong Jue also nods. Sword Immortals have the highest attack power out of all Immortals.
    A 12-tribulation divine beast or a Level 9 Immortal superior divine beast is only behind a Level 1 Golden Sword Immortal by one level.
    Sword Immortals have the highest attacking power but superior divine beasts are even stronger. By power alone, a Level 9 Immortal superior divine beast is close to a level 1 Golden Immortal.

But.
    Lan Fengs weapon is just too good. His sword is probably a top grade immortal weapon. As his weapon is superior, Fang Tian and Zong Jue do not dare to offend Lan Feng.

Golden Immortal!

All loose immortals are shocked. According to the law, if a 12-tribulation loose immortal made his final breakthrough, he will immediately ascend and become a Golden Immortal in the Immortal Realm.

Brother Lan Feng, I have a few questions and I wonder if you can help me answer them. Fang Tian asks smilingly.

Please speak. Lan Feng nods his head.

As far as I know, all Golden Immortals reside in the Immortal Realm. Why are you still here? I just cant find an explanation. Fang Tian takes a questioning glance. He is really suspicious of this.

Zong Jue, the top experts of Chaotic Astral Ocean, the Dragon Clan experts, and all loose immortal experts are looking at Lan Feng.

They also find it weird, how can a Golden Immortal be in the Mortal Realm?
    If he is not the Immortal Realm Emissary, how can he exist in the Mortal Realm?

Behind Zong Jue, Qin Yu also thinks carefully about this matter, Sword Immortal Lan Feng also takes a brooding expression. After a moment, Lan Feng sighs and looks at Ming Liang.

Ming Liang Lan Feng raises his voice.

After knowing Lan Feng is not the Emissary, Ming Liang cant help but be disappointed. Still, the other side is a Golden Immortal. Ming Liang asks while bowing. What is the matter, senior?

Ming Liang, you thought I was the Immortal Realm Emissary because I could force back brother Fang Tian and brother Zong Jue. But I want to tell youMortal Realm experts are not as few as you may think. As far as I know, there are 2 or 3 people stronger than me. One of them can even defeat me in one move.

Fang Tian and Zong Jue are greatly shocked.

The top experts of Chaotic Astral Ocean, the Dragon clan experts, and all loose immortal experts are also shocked.
    That one sentence is just too shocking.

According to Lan Feng, there are even stronger experts in the mortal realm. Fang Tian and Zong Jue who thought of themselves as unrivaled were just foolishly conceited.

Qin Yu smirks in secret.
    Fooling them is so easy. Making up a few non-existent experts is already enough to make them all shake in their boots. Lets see if you all dare to be so pompous next time. After thinking that, Qin Yu has already formulated a complete plan.

Especially after Reverend Ming Liang talked about the Immortal Realm Emissary, Qin Yu is even more determined to carry out this plan. At the same time, he feels very happy and lucky with his decision to use the Sword Immortal Puppet.

But everyone can be at ease, all Golden Immortal level experts are staying in one area of the Mortal Realm. It is extremely difficult to leave that area. I was only able to leave due to my elder martial brothers talent in formation techniques and his terrifying strength. Lan Feng said with a great smile.

Fang Tian and Zong Jue are relieved.

All experts are inside one mysterious place and it seems they are imprisoned there. For now, the only experts who managed to escape are Lan Feng and his elder martial brother.

Brother Fang Tian, Brother Zong Jue. I will take this Heaven Sundering diagram for now as I have some use for it. Please continue what you were doing, I shall take my leave. After saying that, Sword Immortal Lan Feng disappears in midair.

Fang Tian and Zong Jue smile at each other awkwardly.

What is there to do? Continue?

What is there left to continue?

Zong Jue, the mysterious Lan Feng appeared before us today. This shows that the Mortal Realm has a mysterious place with some very formidable experts. But they are unable to leave due to a restrictive formation. Fang Tian said with his demon sense.

Zong Jue nods his head and answers. It would seem so.

Fang Tian is suddenly shaken and says immediately: Zong Jue, did you not say that Senior Lan from Stellar Tower is very formidable? Also, they have that formidable Heavenly Stellar Formation as well, moreover that Lan Feng said his brother is both extremely formidable in power and formation techniques. You tell me, can his brother actually be the one you call Senior Lan? Both of them have the name of Lan after all.

Zong Jue is also shaken.
    This makes a lot of sense.

Lan Feng said he could only get out due to the talent in formation techniques and the terrifying strength of my elder martial brother. Astonishing power Zong Jue definitely feels that Senior Lan possessed such power. If Senior Lan wants to kill him, it would be impossible to resist.

About his formation skills, Zong Jue has never seen them personally. But the great defensive formation of Stellar Tower is more than enough to prove his skill.

Its quite possible. Zong Jue answers.

Suddenly -- --
    Both Fang Tian and Zong Jue are looking at Qin Yu.

If that Lan Feng is Stellar Tower Senior Lans younger martial brother, Qin Yu and Hou Fei might actually know him.

Why are the two seniors looking at me like that? Qin Yu feels suspicion in his heart.

Did they find something out? Or maybe I let something slip just now. Qin Yu called the Sword Immortal Puppet Lan Feng on purpose and talked about many things. What talent in formation skills, what terrifying power? All of it is just a part of his scheme.

Qin Yu, is Lan Feng not your martial uncle as well? Zong Jue asks.

Qin Yu is ecstatic, success!

Qin Yu makes a face filled with suspicion. Martial uncle? I dont know. I actually dont know that much about my school. As for the Grand Master, I only met him once. I only spend a lot of time with Uncle Lan.

Hou Fei? Zong Jue looks at Hou Fei.

Hou Fei also shakes his head. Dont know. I only know my master, Uncle Lan. Otherwise, I dont know anyone from the school.

Fang Tian and Zong Jue look at each other, both are getting more confident in their assumption.

A school where disciples have never seen their seniors or elders and dont even know anything about them.
    Lan Feng said before, most are imprisoned inside that mysterious place, not many could get out. It would also make sense if Lan Feng just got out of that place as well. Thats why Qin Yu and Hou Fei do not know Lan Feng.

Why is Senior Zong asking this, is Lan Feng really my martial uncle? Qin Yu turns the question around.

Zong Jue smiles lightly. Im only guessing. This is not worth talking about.

Fang Tian takes a look around and says to Zong Jue. Zong Jue, the Heaven Sundering Diagram was taken by Brother Lan Feng. There is no point in staying here anymore. Should we leave?

What youve said makes sense. Zong Jue nods.

Then Zong Jue waves his arm and releases the restrictive spell inside Reverend Ming Liangs body. He does not even care about killing Ming Liang.

Immediately, Fang Tian and Zong Jue are telling their followers to depart, however The space between heaven and earth began shaking. A tremor comes down from the sky, breaking all trees within an area of ten thousand miles, creating sonic booms and explosions.

In midair, a space like a tornado appears.

This space tremor is so strong. Fang Tian is shocked. Even if he and Zong Jue are fighting, space can break apart but there would be no such tremor. This is just too horrifying.

Reverend Ming Liang is immediately ecstatic.

Just now, he wanted to die as he was being tossed around by Fang Tian and Zong Jue, his life was in the palm of their hands. Now that the Immortal Realm Emissary has finally arrived, there is no need for him and the other loose immortals to fear the Dragon clan and Chaotic Astral Ocean anymore. Now they can raise their heads high.

Everyone, follow me so we can welcome the Immortal Realm Emissary. Reverend Ming Liangs voice resounds throughout the Heavenly Palace.

Immediately, all the 6-tribulation immortals and above fly over happily. The Immortal Realm Emissary is definitely a formidable expert. With his protection, they dont have to hide and cower anymore. All of them stand in two lines on the sky to wait for the Immortal Realm Emissarys descent.

Fang Tian and Zong Jue turned pale at Ming Liangs words.

Immortal Realm Emissary?

Who would have thought that the emissary from the Immortal Realm would be the first to descend?

Book 11 Chapter 19 End

And thanks for all the suggestions guys. Although for now we will just post the chapters here.

Thanks! A collaborated translation - bravo!!!

haha this chapter made me laugh, all those lies and tricks

Thanks for the chapter aequitas and saima