Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Stellar Transformation [星辰变 ] Continuation (Aequitas' Translation)

Be respectful to each other - RWX.
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 03-05-15 at 02:11 AM.
    Read more of my translations at PegasusFarts.

i agree completely with james. translating takes work and time. if two people are just translating the exact same work, then isnt that just a huge waste of our effort? a reader can enjoyably read through a chapter within a few minutes, but it's not so simple for us
    im not trying to say translating is a gigantic chore or that it's boring like school work, but i just hope that you can understand that translating is definitely no easy task.

i also can completely understand how these translators feel. if someone came in and started translating swallowed star 5x my pace, the readers might be amused, but i definitely won't be.

it's true that we cant FORCE him to stop translating; he can do what he wants. but why would he start trying to, well, compete in a sense? there's clearly people translating and he's fully aware of that. he could use his time and effort to translate something else, so why try to fight over the same thing like this?

Ok guys chillax.. Dont need another locked thread.. We cant force him and readers appreciate translators.. Simple..

Now let go back to the reason for the thread..

AWESOME QIN YU!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ali56ha View Post
    Ok guys chillax.. Dont need another locked thread.. We cant force him and readers appreciate translators.. Simple..

Now let go back to the reason for the thread..

AWESOME QIN YU!!!!!!
    Qin Yu's actually not that awesome. He just got lucky and obtained this thing known as meteoric tear and bychance met Lier and Uncle Lan. Case closed :9
    Read more of my translations at PegasusFarts.

Posts edited. Be respectful to each other, please.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

and deleted.
    Last edited by Aequitas; 03-05-15 at 03:05 AM.
    Back to being a leecher.

Quote Originally Posted by James Shi View Post
    Qin Yu's actually not that awesome. He just got lucky and obtained this thing known as meteoric tear and bychance met Lier and Uncle Lan. Case closed :9
    But think about it.. A lot of things r luck but he also puts in the effort.. And yo To me it is totally awesome that he is that lucky.. Cuz it is just ridiculous how lucky he is..

Luck is a very thin wire between survival and disaster, and not many people can keep their balance on it.
    - Hunter Thompson

I appreciate both translations and read them both. I want to thank all the translators working on this. I hope it can all work out to the benefit of everyone.

Aequitas I think most people appreciate the work you guys have put in. I think you guys should collaborate and assign some chapters to each group, otherwise it will be a huge waste if both translators do the same chapter, same with gravity and icarus they could have released double the chapter if they were willing to cooperate with each other.

I think both of you should work together because two people doing the same thing is a waste of time and hard work. If one of you disagree i think that one of you should pick a new project. That is just my thinking.

If you guys read my comment that started all this, I said I reached out on multiple occasions. It's not me... once again, I'm not the one who doesn't want help. xD
    Back to being a leecher.

I understand why you're upset. Its rude to take another persons project, it makes it seem like your work was unimportant. I for one prefer your releases. Like James said, Rylains translations are literal, so they are weird to read. I am used to it after reading he mans translations, but yours still read a lot better. Regardless of whether you decide to quit this or do something else, thanks for your hard work!
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

First of all, I love your work and thank you for all the time you've put into it.

That being said, he seems to be unwilling to cooperate on ST or switch to another novel and like you pointed out it feels like a waste to do the work twice.

So what about you guys? Is it ST or nothing else? Because there are so many great novels out there and I'd hate for you lot to feel like your effort is being invalidated by one person.
    Last edited by Belkar; 03-05-15 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belkar View Post
    He's seems to be unwilling to cooperate on ST or switch to another novel and like you said it feels like a waste to do the work twice.

So what about you guys? Is it ST or nothing else? Because there are so many great novels out there and I'd hate for you lot to feel like your effort is being invalidated by one person.
    If I stop working on ST, the first project on my mind that I would love to help out on is Jiang Ye.

Other than Swallowed Star (translated by the great Zebulin) on here, there's no other novel that makes me just as excited and happy as Jiang Ye by Mao Ni (translated by binggodude and his bros).

Shoutout to Jiang Ye's translations. If you haven't read it, go show it some love. <3
    Last edited by Aequitas; 03-05-15 at 03:25 AM.
    Back to being a leecher.

Quote Originally Posted by Aequitas View Post
    If I stop working on ST, the first project on my mind that I would love to help out on is Jiang Ye.

Other than Swallowed Star (translated by the great Zebulin) on here, there's no other novel that makes me just as excited and happy as Jiang Ye by Mao Ni (translated by binggodude and his bros).
    Hey Aequitas,
    First of all thanks for the great work you have done so far! I would want to ask would you be interested in collaborating with I eat watermelons to translate Desolate era, its a huge project with 1500 chapters and ongoing so it will be great if more people could pitch in and I have heard on several occasions that it is the best novel by IET so far. I think he is more open too and will be willing to collaborate with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aequitas View Post
    If you guys read my comment that started all this, I said I reached out on multiple occasions. It's not me... once again, I'm not the one who doesn't want help. xD
    This is going nowhere. AFAIK the other guy do it because he loved ST and not really satisfied with he-man's translation, he even stated that he might start it over from the beginning. If that being the case, forget about collaboration.

He's doing it for his own enjoyment, so no need to be so angry with him. I understand your group's points, but please understand the other side point. There's no guarantee that the other guy will finish it. He-man doing it because he loved the story, but stopped after a little over a year. The way I see it, it's a marathon, not a dash.

Anyway, to be respectful to spcnet translators, then I think discussion about other group that translate the same work should be banned for active translation.
    Last edited by dexter64; 03-05-15 at 12:23 PM.

What happened to the formatting? Why my post become 1 paragraph?Editing also useless.

What
    This is going nowhere. AFAIK the other guy do it because he loved ST and not really satisfied with he-man's translation,
    I saw this mentions a couple of times, how can people dissatisfied He-man translation. Jk.

LOL I'm must be He-man fan because I love everything he translated.

Translation work just got real. Why can't we get this predicament over work like Jinyong and Gulong. I love those classic too.

just my humble opinion after skimming the latest updates.

i saw the chapter 29 posted, loaded the page to make a comparison and closed it right afterwards. my reason being that terminology and continuation would suck for me as i would have to re-read the chapters from where he-man left off. it's not a comment on the quality so much as the continuity. i personally cannot follow a story if the terms and writing style don't flow or keep relatively consistent and as such i simply chose to wait until james, saima or Aeq upload their version.

i like the version posted here and personally choose to read this version of my free will over nightbreeze's. at least i don't have to care about incomplete posts, awkward styling and complete conversational differences from how i have gotten used to viewing the characters. (it's like seeing a guy who talks normally all of a sudden try and talk really smartly. just feels off)

but it would be greatly appreciated if people keep this thread to about the story rather than translator groups mentioning in passing is fine but a full blown debate isn't really right for this thread.
    Ships:CD Linley x Delia, AMO Yi Ping x Yixian, HalkO Midori x Asuna

My Fic

Quote Originally Posted by Sanngrior View Post

i like the version posted here and personally choose to read this version of my free will over nightbreeze's.
    Ch. 29 was released here?