Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Stellar Transformation [星辰变 ] Continuation (Aequitas' Translation)

Thank you <3

Even in the Dragon Clan of the Demon Realm, five-clawed golden dragons are rare and terrifying individuals. For a Superior Dviine Beast to appear in the Mortal Realm is quite the rare occurrence.
    Dviine should be Divine
    Thanks for the translation
    Last edited by Bludflag; 01-16-15 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Making the quote have more content

Quote Originally Posted by Bludflag View Post
    Dviine should be Divine
    Thanks for the translation
    It has been fixed! Time for me to ACTUALLY go to bed... 2 hours after I said I was going to bed.

has anyone else seen this
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...NotAvailable=1

6200 pages

Its actually in Chinese....do a preview and its in Chinese.....fell for the same thing some time ago

is this the last chapter ur translating??? plss translate this chapter and the next chapter for the last time before you going back to school...

Thanks...I enjoy the detailed translation immensely, despite and having finished it thro the spoiler thread...

give me a link of stellar transformation MT plss??

Thank you Aequitas. We desperate readers appreciate you for this.

I have completed Book 11 Chapter 16. Part two took me a good 5 hours to do... so all in all this took around 7~hours I'd even say it might have been 8 hours... DOESNT MATTER! I hope you enjoy! This should be the last chapter I translate/release for a while. Somebody pls take the torch of translating this novel and guide us towards completion.

What a shame that translators keep abandoning this series... I wonder why. Is it badly written in chinese and thus annoying to translate, is it a coincidence - like rl problems occuring unexpextedly, or is it simply lack of motivation / incentives? I mean Ren can make $80 per chapter while most other translator walks away with empty pockets, which I can see to be disheartening... Unfortunately I can't read chinese, I would translate if I could, but as I can't, yet still really want to enjoy this book I would really love if someone would take the time to translate this. Be it 3 chapters a day like Ren or 1 chapter a week I don't really care as long as someone does it.

I don't have a lot to offer, but I would offer $5 per chapter for at least 20 chapters. I have no illusions that this is the amount the translator deserves, 20 chapters are a lot and $100 total isn't much, but maybe I'm not alone. I don't know how it is being looked upon when receiving money for translations, but I would alternatively offer to donate $5 per translated chapter to a charity of the translators choosing.

This may sound unreasonable but I just really want to read this series, even tho I can't properly repay whoever would translate this.

Btw. I hope I don't break any forum-rules with this post, if I did, please edit or remove this post. Thanks

Thanks for the chapters

Thanks for the chapter!

Thanks for the new chapter... It's ashame that we once again have no one to continue... It is suppose to get REALLY EXCITING in the next few chapters!...

A normal translator would ask $37-40 /hour for translating Chinese to English.
    Most people that translate Novels and the likes do it in their free time, like a hobby of sorts!
    I am sure someday someone will pick up the rest but untill then all we can do is wait!

Quote Originally Posted by AFlappyTeddyBird View Post
    What a shame that translators keep abandoning this series... I wonder why. Is it badly written in chinese and thus annoying to translate, is it a coincidence - like rl problems occuring unexpextedly, or is it simply lack of motivation / incentives? I mean Ren can make $80 per chapter while most other translator walks away with empty pockets, which I can see to be disheartening... Unfortunately I can't read chinese, I would translate if I could, but as I can't, yet still really want to enjoy this book I would really love if someone would take the time to translate this. Be it 3 chapters a day like Ren or 1 chapter a week I don't really care as long as someone does it.

I don't have a lot to offer, but I would offer $5 per chapter for at least 20 chapters. I have no illusions that this is the amount the translator deserves, 20 chapters are a lot and $100 total isn't much, but maybe I'm not alone. I don't know how it is being looked upon when receiving money for translations, but I would alternatively offer to donate $5 per translated chapter to a charity of the translators choosing.

This may sound unreasonable but I just really want to read this series, even tho I can't properly repay whoever would translate this.

Btw. I hope I don't break any forum-rules with this post, if I did, please edit or remove this post. Thanks
    I don't exactly see myself as abandoning this novel at all. I stated that even if school is bogging me down, if no one picks up this novel, I will DEFINITELY try my best to release a chapter at least once every month. I LOVE this novel. L. to the O. to the V. to the E. this novel. I'm glad that you're interested in supporting the translation of these novels. But it slightly irks me that you're saying the translators for this novel are abandoning translating this novel. I put my heart and soul into translating each and every one of the few chapters that I did translate. Not for any sort of goal, not for any sort of compensation, but purely out of my sheer thirst to read more of this web novel. I simply thought I would share what I got out of each and every chapter with everyone else who is equally as hungry to to visually devour more of this novel. Each chapter translated took approximately 7 hours of my time, totaling at around 21 hours. These 21 hours of hardcore translating through the night, from the time I woke to the time I slept, these readings probably only took people around 15-20 minutes per chapter to read. My 21 hours of work has definitely been worth the countless hours of enjoyment I hope I have provided to the many, many people that all love this novel as much as I do.

I am not abandoning translating this novel. I'm sure the previous translators both did not abandon this novel. S*** happens in life and they were wrenched away from this novel which they tried their best to provide to everyone.

It's true that I've only translated 3 chapters compared to the hundreds of chapters that He-man translated. However, in these days and nights that I have spent trying to make sure each and every one of my translations were capable of conveying the meaning and intentions of the story, I have felt that I am more than enough involved in the translation of Stellar Transformations to speak on the behalf the previous translators.

I'm sorry for putting you on blast due to your choice of words, I'm sure that wasn't what you were trying to convey as you clearly showed that you wanted to support translations of novels.

Hopefully someone takes this translating torch from me. I'm not tossing it aside. I'll just slowly walk it to the finish line if need be.
    Last edited by Aequitas; 01-18-15 at 01:38 AM.

I'm sure he didn't mean it like that, Aequitas. Very few non-translators can fully understand the amount of work translations take, especially if you aren't fluent in the language. And it's also very easy to get bored with translating, ESPECIALLY if you have already read/finished the story that you are working on. There's a very good reason why, with few exceptions (foxs being one of them), almost all of the translations that were finished were multiple person efforts. Tomatoes uses fairly simple grammar, true, but a lot of the terms and words that he uses in Chinese, being fantasy-derived, can still be quite hard to translate/deal with. I have nothing but respect for you for spending 21 hours of your time on those three chapters! I know how much that took out of ya for sure!

As I've said before, whenever I finish with Coiling Dragon (assuming that I DO finish and don't flame out, lol), I'll consider taking on Stellar Transformations if there is enough demand for it, and if there isn't already a capable translator working on it
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    I'm sure he didn't mean it like that, Aequitas. Very few non-translators can fully understand the amount of work translations take, especially if you aren't fluent in the language. And it's also very easy to get bored with translating, ESPECIALLY if you have already read/finished the story that you are working on. There's a very good reason why, with few exceptions (foxs being one of them), almost all of the translations that were finished were multiple person efforts. Tomatoes uses fairly simple grammar, true, but a lot of the terms and words that he uses in Chinese, being fantasy-derived, can still be quite hard to translate/deal with. I have nothing but respect for you for spending 21 hours of your time on those three chapters! I know how much that took out of ya for sure!

As I've said before, whenever I finish with Coiling Dragon (assuming that I DO finish and don't flame out, lol), I'll consider taking on Stellar Transformations if there is enough demand for it, and if there isn't already a capable translator working on it
    I'm sure he didn't mean it, just the choice of words really had me fired up at that moment.

Ren, I didn't find out you were the translator for Coiling Dragon till just yesterday. My mind literally exploded ._. It's like one of those moments when you meet one of your idols. Thank you for being so dedicated to the translation of Coiling Dragon <3. Also, it would be amazing if you took up Stellar Transformations because your translations just look much much better than mine. Alas, I will still try my best to further the translations if no one else does. ^_^

Thanks for the translations 😁...... One chapter a month is not a bad idea instead of nothing at all...... Well aeguitas pls take ur time settling down ur school schedule and if u have time pls bless with some translations 😄!! Thanks again !!

Don't get me wrong, I respect very much the effort you put into translating. I said 'abandon' for lack of a better term. You said it yourself, how much time and effort you invested, and I had no intention of belittling that.