Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Stellar Transformation [星辰变 ] Continuation (Aequitas' Translation)

Quote Originally Posted by fire88 View Post
    Thanks.
    [ I am bookmarking all over the place...]

Aequitas, if you really feel like your work is being invalidated, I have a suggestion that may make most people happy. First, verify that Nightbreeze plans to finish volume 11 and then go back and re-translate from chapter 1. If this is the case, then your group could just start translating volume 12 and let him have volume 11. This way no work will be duplicated. I understand that some people prefer the continuity of only one group translating, but this seems like the best solution if Nightbreeze is unwilling to coordinate with your group. Also, by the time Nightbreeze finishes volume 11, a good chunk of volume 12 should be done.

Since this is my first post, I just want to thank everyone that has volunteered their time to bring us this great story!

Default It's not Cool Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by slezster View Post
    Aequitas, if you really feel like your work is being invalidated, I have a suggestion that may make most people happy. First, verify that Nightbreeze plans to finish volume 11 and then go back and re-translate from chapter 1. If this is the case, then your group could just start translating volume 12 and let him have volume 11. This way no work will be duplicated. I understand that some people prefer the continuity of only one group translating, but this seems like the best solution if Nightbreeze is unwilling to coordinate with your group. Also, by the time Nightbreeze finishes volume 11, a good chunk of volume 12 should be done.

Since this is my first post, I just want to thank everyone that has volunteered their time to bring us this great story!
    I don't think that that is the proper solution The Guy should the one to adjust first, not Aequitas Group, Because they start first and they follow translating style of He-Man(they can change it like the guy did but chose to Stay with it as continuation out of respect to he-man, w/ the guy not care at all) and i also prefer the He-Man style because when reading a different style is like reading a almost different novel w/ a similar story and name.

Quote Originally Posted by slezster View Post

This is the second best solution even though it will completely screw up volume 11 and make it hard to read. Nightbreeze needs more time to figure out how to translate ST and should probably cross-reference other translators work so he doesn't have parts of his translation have screwed up sentences and half-thought out writing.

The Best solution is that Nightbreeze stop here and starts his re-translation from chapter 1 so that we can get onto reading from someone who can translate and make the story readable without italicizing every word he doesn't know how to say.

"Michelangelo" from the wuxiaworld comments area asked me to post this, since it wasn't getting through:

A shorter version of my original message. Please Please Please dont give up!

Just because Rylain posts faster means nada. The first Chinese novel I began to read is Douluo Dalu. I learned about ST, CD, and Swallowed Star on their google drive. However, when I first learned about ST I was originally Not going to read it. I saw that He-man has been abducted by aliens and I did not want to start reading what by all indications was an awesome novel only to be left with it unfinished.

It breaks my heart to read unfinished novels. However, I discovered a ray of light. The translation was being picked up! Guess who that was Anybody? Ill give a hint, it starts with an A. So when I learned this, I began to read read ST. You are the reason I have joined this community. You are the reason I know what Wuxia and Xanxia are. ST was my first Xanxia novel. As much as I love CD Ren, and as much as I love Swallowed Star Zebulin, Aequitas Your translations are my favorite.

If you stop translating the story because of this Then I will Stop reading ST. It wont be the same without you. Saima and James as well, please dont let this get to you. I truly appreciate all hard work and long hours you guy put in to this.

Another note is that your translations are better and make more sense. You also have decided to stick with the terms that he-man coined, as well as the names he used. Let me say that I find it excruciatingly difficult to differentiate most Chinese names from each other. This may sound ignorant, but to me with all the similar spellings and one or two letter differences a lot of the names sound the same. I am a fast reader. Ive had to read at an exponentially slower rate than normal just to be able to keep the characters straight T_T. And finally, finally, after 10 plus books Im starting to be able to tell them apart. Even if I wanted to switch to the other guy, which I DO NOT, there is no Way in Hell Im putting many more hours into re-learning the same characters I am barely able to recognize as it is.

Please know your work is valued, at the very least, by me. However I highly doubt I am the only person who has been Impacted by your work, so please dont feel your efforts are in vain. And yes I read your really long post where you stated how you felt, before it was deleted. I even created an account on spcnet specifically to respond to you. For a reason I do not know the site would not let me reply and deleted my even longer, than this one, reply to you. Its just that Im such poor typer I wanted you to get this as fast as possible so Im keeping it short.

You have my Gratitude for introducing me to this genre of fiction, regardless of what you decide to do. This genre is now one of my favorites; this is not from a lack of exposure to literary works either. I have well over 10,000 novels in my life. Im a professional editor. So I give my thanks to you for getting me into things.

Sincerely,

Michelangelo
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 03-05-15 at 10:10 AM.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

That being said, let's get the focus back on the story

Default Create A new Tread for Debate!!

Guys i think we should put a stop to this debate on this Tread, and Instead Create a tread if anyone want to voice their opinion.!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geomchi1 View Post
    Guys i think we should put a stop to this debate on this Tread, and Instead Create a tread if anyone want to voice their opinion.!!
    I'm second this motion.

Maybe not the part of another thread. But about stops this already. Poaching translation is bad, but that guys do his translation elsewhere. So what is the big of deals. If his translation getting into this thread, it's probably an eager fans who want to get faster translation slipped it in.

I'm so over this drama. Luckily I finished reading the book after He-man left.

Michelangelo, I feel you man, I too start expose to Xianxia through He-man work on ST. Zhuxian is my first though, but at that time I never knew the term of Xiaxia.

Honestly, I feel as if Rylain has always kept his translations on the same chapter as the original group, and only did the next chapter cause it was a major cliff hanger. Just my opinion tho.

YEA PEOPLE! I keep thinking there is a new chapter with every new post.

So the world or universe that QIN YU's teacher came from is it in the same universe as the immortals or is it still ruled over by the people who ascended above immortal level.
    PENGUIN!

Please stay on topic. This debate has more than run its course and is starting to result in more and more personal attacks. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ali56ha View Post
    YEA PEOPLE! I keep thinking there is a new chapter with every new post.

So the world or universe that QIN YU's teacher came from is it in the same universe as the immortals or is it still ruled over by the people who ascended above immortal level.
    Qin Yu's teacher came from Milky Way galaxy. YES that is the same galaxy and (although somewhat modified) universe we live in, but the time frame is in the distant future (compared to now).
    It is mentioned by the record he left behind that he visited Earth since it was one of rare places that had experts (in the way Qin Yu is an expert).

Quote Originally Posted by ali56ha View Post
    Ch. 29 was released here?
    ah no that was probably bad grammar on my part.

the version i am referring to is the translations as a whole, i have gotten used to seeing characters speak and be described in a certain way which is different on the other site, thus i would just feel awkward ;P

the chapter 29 however i am patiently waiting for since it isn't yet up here. I know roughly what will happen next but i can wait to find out the exact details

i wonder how many top grade pieces he will get :P and just how bad his tribulation will finish as (28 ended with it only partly done i believe) knowing that heaven so far has seemed to have a thing against him with all its "let charge up then rapid pummel him into submission" that no other weaker practitioner has to deal with xD

i'm hoping his future development starts showing immediate power advantages over his opponents of the same level like it did with his nebula stage etc he certainly has the ability to go really far.
    Ships:CD Linley x Delia, AMO Yi Ping x Yixian, HalkO Midori x Asuna

My Fic

Quote Originally Posted by Sanngrior View Post
    ah no that was probably bad grammar on my part.

the version i am referring to is the translations as a whole, i have gotten used to seeing characters speak and be described in a certain way which is different on the other site, thus i would just feel awkward ;P

the chapter 29 however i am patiently waiting for since it isn't yet up here. I know roughly what will happen next but i can wait to find out the exact details

i wonder how many top grade pieces he will get :P and just how bad his tribulation will finish as (28 ended with it only partly done i believe) knowing that heaven so far has seemed to have a thing against him with all its "let charge up then rapid pummel him into submission" that no other weaker practitioner has to deal with xD

i'm hoping his future development starts showing immediate power advantages over his opponents of the same level like it did with his nebula stage etc he certainly has the ability to go really far.
    Must...resist...urge...to Spoil WHOLE SERIES!!!

lol saima. if i can resist giving any accidental spoilers, i'm sure you can resist any deliberate ones haha
    Ships:CD Linley x Delia, AMO Yi Ping x Yixian, HalkO Midori x Asuna

My Fic

Quote Originally Posted by Sanngrior View Post
    lol saima. if i can resist giving any accidental spoilers, i'm sure you can resist any deliberate ones haha
    Haha i'll try my best.

To make a spoiler free comparison, i played a game called Age of Wushu before. Its a martial arts game with a wuxia setting and they got a system called Random Encounter. If you are lucky you could get a secret technique or good items but most people ended up with trash. Well, i can say that Qin Yu is the King of Random Encounters lol. His life is like a gigantic chain quest where he get random stuff that get him random stuff that give him the ultimate weapon or sth. Normally i would hate this because it would seems that the author favor the MC too much, which make it similar to fanfic. But IET does this so well you don't really realize or care about it

If you read it like i did it first time you can only enjoy every power up he does.
    But if you are type that complains about everything wrong possible then you shouldn't read this time of novel.
    this genre is called Xianxia for a reason,the MC is always better than the rest of the....let's say peasants.
    I dig this type of thing, China too from what i see.
    Shipping Linley x Delia | My MAL profile | Got nothing to read? Recommendations.

Here are my be respectful to each other two cents:

Ideally, Rylain should have just collaborated with Aequitas, saima123, and James Shi. Not doing so is like pouring a bucket of water over on all of their heads. Translating and editing takes hours upon hours, something we leechers don't understand since we can read a chapter in five minutes. If I were a translator, I would feel very hurt by this. If Rylain wanted to practice translating, he could have done so while collaborating, but he refuses.

Apparently, the reason he does so is because he wants a specific way of translating. In my opinion, what he did was rude and practically translation poaching. It would be like Ren, with his crazy speeds, just started taking over other translation projects without asking and refusing to collaborate. It's straight up stealing someone else's project. Sure, I can see Rylain's point of view. He wants it translated a certain way, he doesn't like working in groups, etc., but the way he went about it was disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Firo's Ahoge View Post

Ideally, Rylain should have just collaborated with Aequitas, saima123, and James Shi. Not doing so is like pouring a bucket of water over on all of their heads. Translating and editing takes hours upon hours, something we leechers don't understand since we can read a chapter in five minutes. If I were a translator, I would feel very hurt by this. If Rylain wanted to practice translating, he could have done so while collaborating, but he refuses.

Apparently, the reason he does so is because he wants a specific way of translating. In my opinion, what he did was rude and practically translation poaching. It would be like Ren, with his crazy speeds, just started taking over other translation projects without asking and refusing to collaborate. It's straight up stealing someone else's project. Sure, I can see Rylain's point of view. He wants it translated a certain way, he doesn't like working in groups, etc., but the way he went about it was disrespectful.
    What Rylain did has nothing to do with spcnet, AFAIK he never posted here, he never boasted about his deeds, he never poached spcnet readers. So, I really don't know when he is being disrespectful, in fact it's just the other way around, we are here being disrespectful to him. Someone here posted the link to his work, we are bombarded him with collaboration request, someone here discussed his work in this thread, and we called him names.

Guys, I think enough of it already. Let him do his things in peace, and let us do our own things. For the translators here please continue your translation if you are still willing. For us leechers, from now on, please don't post links to other's translation outside spcnet and please don't discuss other's translation work here, of course as long as the translation here is still active.

Quote Originally Posted by Firo's Ahoge View Post
    Translating and editing takes hours upon hours, something we leechers don't understand since we can read a chapter in five minutes.
    Hehehehehe... I can do it three mins..
    PENGUIN!