Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Stellar Transformation [星辰变 ] Continuation (Aequitas' Translation)

Thank you!

Great piece of translation work! Thanks.

Thanks for the chapter!

besides the fifth complex root of the zeta function

WOOOO
    Thanks for the chapter
    Much appreciated

Thank you very much Aequitas

I was wondering if I could help you translate a chapter or two a week. No i don't want to take up the project because i feel my translations compared to yours are inferior. I can translate the backbone of the story and the meaning text by text but i feel that my translations aren't as interesting or the feels comming from it are a bit plain. I wonder what suggestions or tips you can give me.

Quote Originally Posted by binggodude View Post
    I was wondering if I could help you translate a chapter or two a week. No i don't want to take up the project because i feel my translations compared to yours are inferior. I can translate the backbone of the story and the meaning text by text but i feel that my translations aren't as interesting or the feels comming from it are a bit plain. I wonder what suggestions or tips you can give me.
    I'm new to translations so I'm not exactly sure how people collaborate on translating. I plan to get at least 1 chapter per month... but if we could somehow work together, we could probably get it out faster... However, I'm not too keen on the logistics of collaboration. Personally for me so far, my translations are mainly to get the point across. I'm just translating what is going on. I'm not really capable of actually translating both the proper meaning and the unique personalities of each character. Sometimes my translation makes a serious character seem a bit sillier than he/she usually is. I don't really have the ability to incorporate personalities into my translations yet. So my best tip is... do what you can. If you really can't translate and properly depict the character for just how funny and humorous they are, then just translate the text properly so people can understand it.

However, I still must reiterate that I am an amateur... so I'd say we need the opinion of someone more experienced...

I have yet to start Chapter 18. Had some stuff to deal with. Hopefully I will start within this week on it.

I think there are two methods of collaborating. 1) we share a google doc so we can help each other out we can always make a new email or something. 2) We can distribute the chapters like you work on Chap xx and i work on chapter XX and post according to the chapter orders.

I THINK Tate no Yuusha uses method 2 and Arif uses method 1 (but in arif there is only endo translating and editors are the ones editing so maybe they don't do this).

Ren May be my Sovereign but your a close Second Thank you so much Aequitas Btw love your name

Thank You Aequitas!! =]

yeah thank you~ Aequitas, even though Ren is like the Qin Yu you're at least a Hou Fei~

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Chen View Post
    yeah thank you~ Aequitas, even though Ren is like the Qin Yu you're at least a Hou Fei~
    then who's hei yu? lol
    Ships:CD Linley x Delia, AMO Yi Ping x Yixian, HalkO Midori x Asuna

My Fic

Quote Originally Posted by Sanngrior View Post
    then who's hei yu? lol
    maybe Zebulin?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroganekai View Post
    maybe Zebulin?
    not enough trans proof i would say :x it would have been he-man imo if he didnt poof. but i dont know any other translators on the site lol
    Ships:CD Linley x Delia, AMO Yi Ping x Yixian, HalkO Midori x Asuna

My Fic

Quote Originally Posted by Sanngrior View Post
    not enough trans proof i would say :x it would have been he-man imo if he didnt poof. but i dont know any other translators on the site lol
    Zeb's done more trans than Aequitas though?
    Thats enough to qualify as elder brother hei yu?

But either way, all three dominate in their respective fields

Hey guys, lets not compare translators or rate them in any way at all. ALL translators are the awesomest in every way possible for the fact that:

1) They actually get off their butt and DO something
    2) Sacrificing their time, whereby they can do better things
    3) The perseverence for translating isnt easy at all. I seriously dont know how they do it.

When my dad told me to help him translate a product catalogue from chinese to english, and told me that i was getting paid for it, do you know what i did?

I asked my chinese assistant to do it for me. Then i edited his chinglish translation into better sounding english. Even at that point, i had him hovering next to me, explaining words and sentences that i couldnt understand in chinese. That was a catalogue that barely had over 1000 chinese words (little, compared to each chap of IET's works).

Know how long it took my to finish? 3 bloody hours, even with ALL THAT HELP!! Polishing the damned thing? Another 6 bloody hours!!

I remember that about every 30-45 minutes, i couldnt stay in the seat and stare at the computer anymore and that i have to take a bloody smoke break to calm myself down. (Its surprisingly a very agitating activity)

I wouldnt have done the damned translation, if it werent for my dad, even if it meant getting paid! I think i got about 500 bucks from that, and i wouldnt do it anymore, if i had a choice.

So, kudos to all the translators here, for all your sweat, blood and tears! Its really NOT an easy thing to do!

You have my deepest respect, aequitas (damn, that's hard to spell), all the more with the fact that it takes you so much time to do every chapter! This is the type of perseverence that exists in IET's MCs!

In terms of skill: who the hell can be perfect the moment they start something new? Everything gets better with practice! You cant possibly compare this translator to that translator and that translator. They're ALL THE AWESOME-EST PEOPLE, just for the fact that they're here and translating!

Also, aequitas... I know how it feels like to be a broke *** student. Pls do accept donations as well, and leave it just as that. Donations. No need to make this a job or anything, but let us show our appreciation (regardless how big/small) for the work that you've done in ways that you can can benefit too.

No pressure, just a suggestion from an old time leecher.

P.S: i love your reaction when you found out who ren was, and it made me lmao

P.S 2: THANK YOU!

This weekend, I will put out chapter 18 whether I like it or not. Wait for me friends.

thank you Aequitas, another great read that i get to look forward to

Quote Originally Posted by Aequitas View Post
    This weekend, I will put out chapter 18 whether I like it or not. Wait for me friends.
    lol
    Arigato big big

Awesome Aequitas. Looking forward to it