Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1030

Thread: 盘龙 - Coiling Dragon Spoiler Discussion Thread

Hello all, I only moments ago registered here cause I see that you are actively commenting here and I'm really curious for the following regarding Delia:
    OK, so I've read till book 10 chapter 38. time skip happend of a decade and Delia already received a something from Bebe's friend that allowed Delia to improve at a rapid pace.

Isn't it kinda cheating that Delia gets a wedding gift from Bebe (or someone he knows) which makes her grow even faster than Lineley who has to train non-stop as well even though he is a "genius"? I'm wondering are there any downsides to her "cheat gift", like does she stop growing at some point?

Personally if I were Linley, I would be kinda jealous of her (even though she is my wife).
    I still need to train my αss off even though I'm a genius (which makes sense, no gains without hard work) yet, here comes my wife who after getting a gift from freaking Bebe, your own companion, improves leaps and bounds and even (momentarily?) goes faster than you!
    Last edited by reaperunique; 09-27-15 at 09:20 AM.

I thought the same at the time. In the future she gets a spark to help her reach high god but the first gift she gets (from the wedding) allows her to rank up super fast, and i don't think there is any down side to it, unlike merging with a spark (harder to learn edicts and fuse them, also you are less powerful than making it on your own). So yea, it's unfair but it is soon forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Tenfap View Post
    I thought the same at the time. In the future she gets a spark to help her reach high god but the first gift she gets (from the wedding) allows her to rank up super fast, and i don't think there is any down side to it, unlike merging with a spark (harder to learn edicts and fuse them, also you are less powerful than making it on your own). So yea, it's unfair but it is soon forgotten
    Lol what now? So she gets even more lucky? Can't Linley catch a break like that? I know he is the MC thus he will become the all mighty one, etc. and he needs to struggle and what not, but still

finished reading the whole thing and it feels weird really really weird.... why couldn't tomato add 2 more chapters

I couldn't wait so I skipped book 11 and started checking out book 12. It's now clear why it's not really cheating. There are downsides which are fairly large, especially if one wishes to go beyond a (demi)god of one element.
    As Linley explains in chapter 3 of book 12:
    "[...] Once you become an earth-style Demigod, your ability to sense other elements will drop greatly, while your ability to sense earth elemental essence will greatly rise. Earth-style Demigods will find it virtually impossible to gain insights into the Elemental Laws of Fire.”

Basically, by using a devine spark you:
    - Do not know how to practically use the insights learned from the spark;
    - Are almost certainly unable to learn from any other element;
    - Will find it more dificult to advance beyond a demigod;
    Last edited by reaperunique; 09-27-15 at 02:12 PM.

Linley got a few demigod sparks at necropolis. He gave it all away without using them.
    He knew that training on his way will take him very far.
    Beirut suspected Linley's potential, and hence only gave the wife the spark...

Even Beirut didn't allow Bebe (or Beirut's other 3 kids) to fuse with divine sparks, for the same reason. He was only allow to "eat" them

click to show/hide spoilers

When Linley became a sovereign, he gave away divine sparks as a reward for information on the Overgod task. He also warned the informer about not being able to go very far if the informer fused with the spark...

After reading all these spoilers, is it interesting to read book 11? Does it contain important info for future events or can I just skip it? It seems like it's purely a training arc.

What? And miss Linley's triumphs over seemingly insurmountable odds?

That's why I am asking if there is anything in that book worth reading except for the obvious Linley powerup stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by reaperunique View Post
    That's why I am asking if there is anything in that book worth reading except for the obvious Linley powerup stuff.
    Why would you even skip parts of the book? For a story this long you'll just miss crucial parts...that makes 0 sense. Either read it all, or don't bother with it..

I like the revenge against the prince, king and church part. Linley is weak at this point and needs to be careful. The fact he doesn't have any one who's stronger than his enemy to support him makes progression in him and his enemy bit bit fuller

Actually, Linley was the underdog in most of the storyline...until he became a paragon
    But...

...became underdog again when, as a paragon, he encountered sovereigns who were lusting after the Overlord's 3 articles (part of a task - Linley had 2 in his possession, though these sovereigns only suspected he had one hidden away)

Of course, once he started fusing more laws as a paragon, the other paragons fell far behind, and the only challenges were from disputes with some of the sovereigns...

Quote Originally Posted by teushi View Post
    Why would you even skip parts of the book? For a story this long you'll just miss crucial parts...that makes 0 sense. Either read it all, or don't bother with it..
    I've noticed with these light novels that some authors tend to repeat certain things to death, so there are already parts that I'm skipping

just read the latest chapter and i can honestly say, i don't like Linley's father. In the beginning i felt he was a good character. A man that had lost so much but was still trying his best to raise his two sons, but now i feel he is a sad (not in a "feel sorry" way) man. I understand that he can't do much to gain his wife back but god damn man, everything else he wanted has been given to him by his son. Revenge, the sword his family lost, a whole kingdom, a huge family, power and so much more. Why can't he be happy with what he got. I can understand he loved his wife a lot but DAMN that must of been some high grade p****y for him to still be looking off into to the distance after 3000 years. I think what annoys me the most is that in the beginning he tried his best to get what he wanted and now he's just relying on Linley in a the most passive aggressive way. In short, Linley's father (Hogg) character hasn't moved on, i feel like he is a two dimensional character and shouldn't get any more time spent on him if he's only going to be a burden.

Rant over. Let me know what you think

I think the author needed an excuse for the last arc - where Linley confronts Radiant Sovereign.
    The whole dispute starts and ends with the mom...

...even the fight to the death with Radiant (because Radiant faked the mom's freedom from his control)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenfap View Post
    Rant over. Let me know what you think
    It's not 3000 years for the memories. When he died, the memories and regret were still strong. When he got them back, even with his life as an undead, they were the same as the day he died.
    It's how if how out of nowhere, a deep sense of grief and regret overtakes you. A lot of years have passed and the world went on without him. His duty to the clan is fulfilled, but not his duty to himself.
    He's still the man who loves his wife, but doesn't have the power to get her back.

Even the greatest life in the world matters little if what you desire most is unobtainable.

ahhh, i thought someone would say this. just because he got his memory's back doesn't mean his other 3000 years worth of memory's are gone. What did he do in those 3000 years as an undead, did he have a new lover or make friends. I can understand Linley and his wife having a deep bond because they have been together for 3000 years but Hogg and his wife was together for maybe 20 years. If you look at the difference in time, Hogg is totally ignoring the life he has lived. They say time is a great healer but not for Hogg who has everything he wants expect his wife (who he spent only 20 years with)

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    The whole dispute starts and ends with the mom...
    true..but the only air time she gets is to weep just once for Linley... that's alllll....a very poor way of finishing the story..

i have bi*ched about it in wuxiaworld spoiler forum already, the ending sucked...IET squeezed almost a volume worth material into 1 chapter and left a lot of loose ends.....which he usually goes on and on and on and on about in previous books.... but in the last book, he skipped all of them..

guys get ready to be disappointed in the last chapter of volume 21..

Quote Originally Posted by casgoldsmith View Post
    Linley dies at the end
    no, linley doesn't die

Quote Originally Posted by matricha View Post
    true..but the only air time she gets is to weep just once for Linley... that's alllll....a very poor way of finishing the story..

i have bi*ched about it in wuxiaworld spoiler forum already, the ending sucked...IET squeezed almost a volume worth material into 1 chapter and left a lot of loose ends.....which he usually goes on and on and on and on about in previous books.... but in the last book, he skipped all of them..

guys get ready to be disappointed in the last chapter of volume 21..
    Thats right it just ended suddenly.Linley returns and it ended right that moment no reunion ,no discussion of new powers nothing.Ending just splashes water in all excitement.