Thread: Translating God Of Thunder

Post Translating God Of Thunder

For the time being i will translate 霸天雷神 (God Of Thunder) and i will do it to increase my skills in translating.
    I probably will get the first chapter ready tonight. Merry Christmas!

besides the fifth complex root of the zeta function

Awesome. Thanks for the translations. Could you please provide a link to the raws, a basic story idea so that people are interested in this?

Thanks

Seriously, if you get to the part with the blackbird you will be my new internet hero.

Great, waiting for your translation.

I have an interest in this, i look forward to your translation

Any minute now.

Was this some kind of joke or did you just give up?

This was probably a cruel joke as he was only active when he made the post(you can see it at his profile)

what kind of joke is this....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joval Pasam View Post
    what kind of joke is this....!!!
    April fools came especially late this year

Quote Originally Posted by Krokolicious View Post
    April fools came especially late this year
    Chuckling like mad. *wipes tears*
    Now if you google it: 霸天雷神. From what i see is VIP wuxia/xianxia. So unless you pay you can't read.
    So you can guess this guy is messing with us.
    Shipping Linley x Delia | My MAL profile | Got nothing to read? Recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
    Got some recommendations for translating or just reading for fun. They are all still ongoing.

霸天雷神(MT is something like Tyrant God of Thunder) by 萧潜. Link here, and it updates on average twice a day.

There is a reincarnation aspect, but it's not too relevant. Mostly a casual Xian Xia work, with the MC not being totally driven to get stronger despite his talent. Mostly focuses on exploring, politics, and family relationships. It's not monster-length at this point, so it would be easier to pick up.

武炼巅峰(MT is Wu Lian Peak) by 莫默. Link here and it updates on average twice a day.

Usual Xian Xia stuff with added relationship problems. MC is a failure until he finds a black book which mysteriously heals him from a disability that kept him from practicing. He is also a bit of a playboy eventually, but it never detracts from his goal of pursuing the martial arts to their peak. He may annoy you with being a little too "genius" and lucky though.

Last one is 武极天下(MT is Martial World) by 蚕茧里的牛. Link is here and at the moment it is updating three times a day.

Again pretty standard, but the story consistently ranks well on various sites. It's also one of the few I bookmark.
    As you can see there are sites where you can read it for free... . So it is not necessary a Joke... , but if you consider that he did make a new accout for this post ...

Hehe, translating is hard work. I've seen many people declare they would translate, but never start; others start and stop (I have as well) at various points, then start again. Cut the guy some slack
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Zlack View Post
    As you can see there are sites where you can read it for free... . So it is not necessary a Joke... , but if you consider that he did make a new accout for this post ...
    ;-; Just by reading the synopsis i wanna cry 'cuz i will never get to read them.
    Maybe by 2020-2030 somebody will create a proper translator for chinese and japanese, or by then i already learned them myself.

Now if he will really do it,would be awesome to pick 武炼巅峰(MT is Wu Lian Peak) by 莫默 rather than God of Thunder.I like how that sounds more.
    Shipping Linley x Delia | My MAL profile | Got nothing to read? Recommendations.

I read like 60 chapters of 武炼巅峰(MT is Wu Lian Peak) by 莫默 and it is not as satisfying as a story by I Eat Tomatoes. Tomatoes really understands how to build an ark and makes every power up like a delicious delicacie, that bring joy even hours after reading it. But in Wu Lian Peak the power ups are kind of cheap ( with my understanding of MT) and I don't get a good feel of the World just one small power up every 15 lines. It's like he finds a Skilltree book of an RPG and every some LVL he gets a power up that helps in to overcome his bottleneck nothing he really gets on his "own" power. He dosn't even have a real reason to study martial arts... . Just that he started training at the martial arts school and didn't have the talent to qualify to be a real student after 3 years and has no other place to got to. With the book of his he dosn't even need to stay at the school... he learns a complety other KI than the others that is super over powered and like it looks he will get all his fighting skill from the book... and his "goal" I think is to become a student of a teacher, that will teach him stuff that are worthless, now that he has the skill book.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlack View Post
    I read like 60 chapters of 武炼巅峰(MT is Wu Lian Peak) by 莫默 and it is not as satisfying as a story by I Eat Tomatoes. Tomatoes really understands how to build an ark and makes every power up like a delicious delicacie, that bring joy even hours after reading it. But in Wu Lian Peak the power ups are kind of cheap ( with my understanding of MT) and I don't get a good feel of the World just one small power up every 15 lines. It's like he finds a Skilltree book of an RPG and every some LVL he gets a power up that helps in to overcome his bottleneck nothing he really gets on his "own" power. He dosn't even have a real reason to study martial arts... . Just that he started training at the martial arts school and didn't have the talent to qualify to be a real student after 3 years and has no other place to got to. With the book of his he dosn't even need to stay at the school... he learns a complety other KI than the others that is super over powered and like it looks he will get all his fighting skill from the book... and his "goal" I think is to become a student of a teacher, that will teach him stuff that are worthless, now that he has the skill book.
    It gets better, if you chose to continue it. He does have reasons to get stronger.

Unfortunately, he also does get way too many lucky encounters. He stumbles on to just the thing he needs often, sometimes without even looking for it. He also does have skills that are completely his own though, like his talent for space power and alchemy skills.
    Last edited by bludvein; 12-31-14 at 03:26 PM.

Advertising putty strikes again!

Putty is doing the TL hue
    Huehuehue
    Go to my web at putttytranslations.wordpress.com