Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with translation project

Default Translation project

Hello fellow lovers of wuxia my name is Khaiine, and I'm currently looking for a project with the goal on improving my chinese.

So without further ado, the projects that I have been looking at because of no recent update as of late is the following:

1. 星辰变 - Stellar Transformation by I Eat Tomatoes
    With the following reason: He-man have been absent for quite some time and the translator that helped out afterwards disappeared without a trace again and I'm not sure if he will continue. The reason I'm hesitant about this project is that He-man did say he wanted to finish it on his own but seeing that he haven't been on the forums and there is not any news about his well-being and such that's why I thought I might continue until he is back.

So currently I'm looking for the raw for the chapter after B11C13 Chaotic Astral Ocean Joins!, which is translated by the owner on http://stcon.wordpress.com/.

2. 大唐双龙传 - Legend of Great Tang’s Two Dragons by Huang Yi
    With the following reason: Currently foxs is translating this but he decided to reboot from the beginning and is currently at book 2 chapter 4. I wanted to continue on the work that xlandhenry have put into it already which is from: Book 4 Chapter 2 - Enlightenment by the Well. I will most likely stop when foxs catches up.

Anyway I'm open minded but I think these two projects should be prioritized as there haven't been any progress on these two projects as of late, more so on Legend of Great Tang’s Two Dragons by Huang Yi as there have been almost a whole year since xlandhenry updated it last.

I'm not giving a promise that I cannot keep but I will do my best at pushing these two projects ahead one step at a time.

Please feel free to tell me what you feel and I will try to make it work somehow.

I have the raws now and are contemplating if I should dump Twin Dragon completely as doing something twice is a pain.

Khaiine
    Last edited by Khaiine; 12-31-14 at 05:29 PM.

I found the raw for the next chapter of Legend of Great Tang’s Two Dragons by Huang Yi, so I will start work on it right now and will update the original thread and this thread with the translation.

Whenever I'm done that's, until then.

Khaiine

I don't understand why you want to translate 大唐双龙传 - Legend of Great Tang’s Two Dragons by Huang Yi. Foxs does an fantastic job translating it in a fast and consistend way, he is already half why to the latest translation. I really like the reboot. After 1 year of not reading the novel, I am sure everyone needs a refresher.

Why don't you chose a novel that is not already worked on. There are so many gems that are not being translated.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaiine View Post
    I found the raw for the next chapter of Legend of Great Tang’s Two Dragons by Huang Yi, so I will start work on it right now and will update the original thread and this thread with the translation.

Whenever I'm done that's, until then.

Khaiine
    Hi Khaiine,

First of all, great to see another translator on board!

With regards to Twin Dragons, foxs is a fast, high quality translator who has finished several lengthy wuxia novels, and every single project he has started on; in about the past two months, he has already caught up half way, and he probably will be at the next part soon as well. While I don't want to discourage you in any way, if you work on Twin Dragons, this might be a bit duplicative. Just my 2c. Whatever you decide, best of luck!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I eat tomatoes stellar transformation currently has no active trans. Stcon is on hiatus i think and and two dragons still has updates. It stopped just as the biggest of powers are starting into the fray

I was originally planning on doing Twin dragon until foxs caught up with the current one (book 4 chapter 2), but with your guys input I will finish the chapter I have started to work on already which is book 4 chapter 3 and finish it before deciding anything.

Khaiine

I was originally planning on doing Twin dragon until foxs caught up with the current one (book 4 chapter 2), but with your guys input I will finish the chapter I have started to work on already which is book 4 chapter 3 and finish it before deciding anything.

Khaiine
    Why don't you pick up..http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...aster-Huang-Yi if u really look for huang yi ; or http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...utterfly-Sword both are edge of the seat wuxia novels.. my 2c

Hey do you think you could translate Tyrant God of Thunder by 萧潜
    if you cant find the raws for ST
    http://www.baishulou.net/read/15/15285/

what's that about kialan?

As other have mentioned foxs is doing a wonderful job on Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan. I haven't followed the previous translations of Gurndle and others and I think that could be true for many here!! It would be wonderful if you worked on ST or any other series without translations. Besides that, happy new year to all the folks here on spcnet.tv

Quote Originally Posted by Kialan Soulla View Post
    Hey do you think you could translate Tyrant God of Thunder by 萧潜
    if you cant find the raws for ST
    http://www.baishulou.net/read/15/15285/
    Lul you gave me the wrong link for ST, you really want me to translate Heaven Conqueror Lightning God aka God of Thunder hehe. I will check it out at least and see if it's any good before I do anything, but the thing is that I heard the character progression is a bit on the weak side with the most ever convenient power up and stuff.

Just a clarifiation, I'm not saying that foxs is doing a bad job, I just thought it would be nice since there haven't been a b4c3 out yet since almost a whole year ago and though that the cliffhangar have been so horrible for some that they have already hanged themselves in pain *pun

Khaiine

Khaiine, i think i find a site that have raws for ST and it was separated in volumes ( i cant say certain because i dont understand anything)

http://www.80txt.com/txtml_529.html

edit:
    here u can download all volumes in .txt
    http://www.i7wu.cn/xiazai/txt/2330.htm
    but the text file is absurdly giant (127324 lines )
    Last edited by Kamishiro13; 12-31-14 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamishiro13 View Post
    Khaiine, i think i find a site that have raws for ST and it was separated in volumes ( i cant say certain because i dont understand anything)
    http://www.80txt.com/txtml_529.html
    Thanks, but it must have slipped my mind as I found a really nice site called http://m.ranwen.net/info_1386.html which is the mobile site but it looks really clean and pleasant to the eye, without quintillion ads as well .

Edit:
    Saw that you posted a edit and was like da ***, spare me the txt file of BSOD (blue screen of death) if i have one of those txt files i would cry to sleep every night tbh... *pun

Khaiine
    Last edited by Khaiine; 12-31-14 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Need more punes

Thanks, but it must have slipped my mind as I found a really nice site called http://m.ranwen.net/info_1386.html which is the mobile site but it looks really clean and pleasant to the eye, without quintillion ads as well .

Edit:
    Saw that you posted a edit and was like da ***, spare me the txt file of BSOD (blue screen of death) if i have one of those txt files i would cry to sleep every night tbh...

Khaiine
    Lul,i opened the text here with the notepad,wordpad and notepad++ and i dont get the BSOD .-.

Edit:
    Saw that you posted a edit and was like da ***, spare me the txt file of BSOD (blue screen of death) if i have one of those txt files i would cry to sleep every night tbh...

Khaiine
    It would be heroic if you wouldve been set on translating that monster txt in one sitting, though. Good luck with the translation^^

It's better you choose st , twin dragon for foxs

Anyway, I'm a person that finish something before doing something else. I will finish the chapter I'm currently working on and that's it.

The link for the Gdrive document I'm currently working on is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Will need some TLC at some point as well.

Anyway happy new year and wish everyone the best.

Khaiine

Please...Please translate Stellar Transformation.... It's on hiatus for now...
    If u start translate ST many people will be gratefull.. I guaranted....
    SO Please..Please...

I think you should translate ST, and start right where he-man left it. No offense for JChen43, but if possible I preferred to read ST in spcnet.tv without having to go to another site.

I've almost finished reading (by MT) all of I Eat Tomatoes novels (8 novels) and personally I agree with he-man that ST is Tomatoes' best work.