Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zhan Long 斩龙 - An Wuxia Translation

Post Zhan Long 斩龙 - An Wuxia Translation

Name: Zhan Long 斩龙

Author: Shi Luo Ye 失落叶

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy

Description: Li Xiao Yao left S.W.A.T to become an ordinary security guard, while working, he happened to enter the changing room and found Lin Wan Er still in the middle of changing, as revenge, she took him on a ride and kicked him out of the car, after hours of walking, Li Xiao Yao finally managed to get back home just to be kicked out of the house. He then got an offer from his previous supervisor to become the bodyguard of the Tian Xi group CEO's daughter both in game and in reality. But unknown to Li Xiao Yao the girl was actually... (summary from OSTNT)

Original webnovel:
    http://www.17k.com/list/471287.html

Link to website: https://hellotranslations.wordpress.com

Last edited by Helloshorty; 01-14-15 at 08:13 PM.

Hmm, this seen interesting.
    Thx hello for translating.

have read now, this is so much better than the manga. Pls continue the translation.
    Last edited by Aitch; 01-03-15 at 07:48 AM.

nice slow start, looking for moar

This is really good.. Please keep translate. Now, gonna wait for more. Thanks a bunch.. FIGHTING..

Thanks and please continue translating this since it seems the manga wont continue much

Would you guys rather have the chapters posted here, or on the Google Drive?

For me whats good to you works.

If the chapter posted here give you less work than google drive, i recommended to posted here.. whichever give you less work..
    FIGHTING...

Thanks for translating, looking forward to the story

Ok, I hate to be a grammar Nazi, but I think it should be "A Wuxia Translation" not "An Wuxia Translation." If you pronounce wuxia the way it's supposed to be pronounced in mandarin, then it makes sense to say "an wuxia." But the word in english is usually pronounced with a "w" sound at the beginning, which means it should be preceded by "a." Just my opinion...

Alright, /end grammar Nazism.
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

That's the point. I'm using 'An Wuxia Translation' because I'm reading it with emphasis more on the 'u' sound rather than the 'w' sound, which allows me to use 'an' correctly. I understand why it should be 'A Wuxia Translation', but it doesn't flow fluently when I read it. Unless there's a majority asking for it to be changed to 'A Wuxia Translation', I'm keeping it as 'An'.

PS: I'll keep it to Google Drive for now, perhaps maybe I'll create an official Zhan Long thread later with the chapters posted within the forum. That will only happen if many people prefer it and I translate more chapters (I'm looking at around 10-15 chapters). Status update for those wondering, chapter 4 is translated but not proofread and edited so I'd say give it a day and a half more and it should be up.
    Last edited by Helloshorty; 01-05-15 at 03:38 AM.

So one day and half for the next chapter. Nice..

So can i say I love you man? No Homo but yea you rock!
    I read the manhua and i liked it since the first chapter,i was dissapointed since they dropped it but someone picked it up and i was so happy!I learned that there is a novel too but i didn't thought somebody would pick it up!
    I'm so excited for this! Thx you!
    Last edited by episod3ux; 01-05-15 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Engrish
    Shipping Linley x Delia | My MAL profile | Got nothing to read? Recommendations.

Wow, apparently the webcomic (link here) only allows free reading up to the 13th chapter, after which you have to pay to continue reading. Doesn't look like its likely the translators will continue translating that so webnovel hype! Chinese webnovels also have premium stories but fortunately Zhan Long isn't one of them (yay!).

^^ I heard that after chapter 12 the artist changes and the characters become unrecognisable(something about them being really chubby *shivers*),thats the main reason the first translators gave up.
    Now after i read the novel,i must say is more more detailed and more interesting.
    Thx again for your hard work.
    Shipping Linley x Delia | My MAL profile | Got nothing to read? Recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Helloshorty View Post
    Wow, apparently the webcomic (link here) only allows free reading up to the 13th chapter, after which you have to pay to continue reading. Doesn't look like its likely the translators will continue translating that so webnovel hype! Chinese webnovels also have premium stories but fortunately Zhan Long isn't one of them (yay!).

Haha, just stumble onto this yesterday from the webcomic. Now I see you post it here. Thanks a lot man, appreciates the work you're putting into this. I like this one better than moonlight sculptor. The main character is much more likeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Helloshorty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superman00 View Post
    Haha, just stumble onto this yesterday from the webcomic. Now I see you post it here. Thanks a lot man, appreciates the work you're putting into this. I like this one better than moonlight sculptor. The main character is much more likeable.
    apparently the scan that are doing the comic version of this wuxia dropped,because of 2 motives: 1: raws (difficult to find in good quality IIRC ) 2:the artist changed after ch10+( and the new artist changed the carachter desing) the scans dont liked this changes )
    Last edited by Kamishiro13; 01-05-15 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamishiro13 View Post
    apparently the scan that are doing the comic version of this wuxia dropped,because of 2 motives: 1: raws (difficult to find in good quality IIRC ) 2:the artist changed after ch10+( and the new artist changed the carachter desing) the scans dont liked this changes )
    The drawing and colors were good, but they skipped too much stuff in the webcomic. They didn't go into depth like the novel. Like how the main character is talented in just more than martial arts. Sigh, if only I can read Chinese. Running out of translation to read lol. I know a bit of viet, but reading them is like deciphering it for me.

Thanks Helloshorty

Fret not, Helloshorty has come to save the day!

Chapter 4 is now up on the BRAND NEW site (what!) linked here: https://hellotranslations.wordpress....ong-chapter-4/.

Sidenote, chapter 5 is where the MC supposedly enters the VR world (author notes) so look forward to that!