Thread: Once Upon a Song (HKTV) (William So Bernice Liu Kelvin Kwan Evelyn Choi)

Default Once Upon a Song (HKTV) (William So Bernice Liu Kelvin Kwan Evelyn Choi)

Once Upon a Song

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Upon_a_Song

i know there is no HKTV tab so i wasnt sure where to put this so i just went to the TVB tab. saw the first episode, and it looks promising. i'm a fan of the male cast here and off course Bernice Liu . she hasnt appeared yet in Episode one but i'm looking forward to seeing her on screen again.

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted View Post
    Once Upon a Song

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Upon_a_Song

i know there is no HKTV tab so i wasnt sure where to put this so i just went to the TVB tab. saw the first episode, and it looks promising. i'm a fan of the male cast here and off course Bernice Liu . she hasnt appeared yet in Episode one but i'm looking forward to seeing her on screen again.
    Good! Hopefully HKTV will dub their serials in Vietnamese and other languages so other can enjoy. How is the quality if you compare to TVB? I doubt it will ever be as good as TVB but if their serials eventually reach 80% as good as TVB then it's a big success. Good luck to HKTV!

Now that ATV failed to get its license renewed, I hope HKTV can get the broadcast license.
    I don't think they can survive long if they can only broadcast their channels through internet TV and mobile devices.

I actually disliked this series and "The Second Life". Their plots were the weakest IMO. The songs were very good but maybe I just don't have the appreciation of a musical series. I just didn't find the story captivating though it was nice to see some unknown young artistes given the chance to shine. I like William So's singing but do not enjoy his acting too much. He does well as an effective supporting but I just don't think he is ready can lead a series. Bernice's character was weird.

I thought "Incredible Mama" was OK but strangely edited that it was not enjoyable. Other than that I have enjoyed every series that HKTV has produced so far.

To convoy: I would love for HKTV to get a broadcasting licence as well but I think there are other players behind the strings stopping HKTV from getting a licence. I know that Ricky Wong is still appealing the verdict of his application being rejected so cross fingers that the initial decision could be overturned. HKTV has only shown like 7 series but have revealed so much more potential than any of the two new stations (sorry, I can't recall their initials) that were given licences instead.

One hasn't produced anything yet and I disliked "The Virtuous Queen of Han" which was produced by the other. Ratings were very good but it seems like that that series was made to suit the tastes of the Mainland Chinese market than the HK audience, which I don't get. It has not given us anything new or different that can compete with TVB. Out of the current HK choices, I still prefer HKTV's modern series or even the once-in-a-blue-moon RTHK series. TVB has shown improvement but generally, not good enough for me.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly