Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical Question : What would have happen if HR was Married To YG

Default Hypothetical Question : What would have happen if HR was Married To YG

Okay this is just a hypothetical question which would never happen but could be interesting.

Do you think that YG and HR would make a perfect couple? Both are intelligent and rebellious and I am sure HYS would love YG as a son in law

Huang Yueshi would be the only one happy with this arrangement. Yang Guo and Huang Rong are completely wrong with each other, and neither offers what the other is looking for in a partner. Heck, Huang Rong was scared of him because she could never figure him out. Any of Yang Guo's other love interests would have been a better fit (except maybe for Guo Xiang).

I don't understand why anybody would think this is an ideal combination: TWO very strong-willed and intelligent people together adds up to PERSONALITY CONFLICT very quickly.

The most likely end scenarios are murder, divorce, or both.

If Huang Rong and Yang Guo met each other as youths and before they met their canon spouse, yes, I think they will indeed have some chemistry, but I don't think their relationship will end up as well as they would have it if they alternatively ended up with Guo Jing and Xiao Longnu.

Rather, I think it'll end up badly.

Before Huang Rong met Guo Jing and mellowed out, she was a very dangerous and selfish person. Oh, she's an excellent lover and a fine ally if you were on her side, but the second she sees you as an obstacle, you're dead. Think about Guo Fu. Just where do you think she inherited her wickedness from? In one of the earlier chapters, Huang Rong threatened to disfigure (or kill, I forgot) Mu Nianci because her existence was a threat to her relationship with Guo Jing. After Guo Jing was fatally injured by Yang Kang, she would have killed Shagu because there was a chance that she could expose their presence to their enemies, but Guo Jing stopped her just in time. Then, after she was captured by Ouyang Feng and Guo Jing swore that he will never marry until she was found, she decides to let him go on believing she was still a captive and likely intend to keep up that lie forever if she had to.

Huang Rong lies (frequently), steals (chickens), and wouldn't hesitate to resort to murder or force if she had to (Ouyang Ke). Yes, she's one very scary women, but that doesn't mean I don't like her.

No, Huang Rong has a lot of fine qualities too. A lot. Of fine qualities. She just needed someone like Guo Jing to bring them out. If her sweetheart was Yang Guo though, I think they'll be a bad influence on each other. After all, Yang Guo had a bit of ruthlessness in him too. He's committed his shares of violent and crude acts, in his youth and in his thirties. If we assume he'll act the same way around Huang Rong as he does Xiao Longnu, I think he's be the submissive one in this relationship too. He won't be like Guo Jing, who was a good influence on Huang Rong and a firm hand that kept her from committing any excessive and unforgivable act. I think Yang Guo would actually allow Huang Rong to do whatever she wants and may even want to take part in them too. After all, Yang Guo is completely and utterly whipped. Let's not forget how stupidly stubborn both Yang Guo and Huang Rong are. I think they may enable each other and escalate their cruelty until they've become the next heretic couple, aka, team don't-give-a-shit. That's fine too, for some people, but that's not the bad part.

No, the worse problem for this relationship is the most obvious: Yang Guo's face. He's a really handsome man, you know? And Guo Jing is not. Huang Rong had to deal with, what? Just one actual (not imagined or brief) rival for Guo Jing's affection, and she's already shown just how far she's willing to go when she's jealous. How do you think she'll react when three or four or twenty girls come chasing after Mr. Heartthrob and actively try to steal him from her?

There'll be a lot of blood, that's for sure. Blood, tears, and other various bodily fluids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I don't understand why anybody would think this is an ideal combination: TWO very strong-willed and intelligent people together adds up to PERSONALITY CONFLICT very quickly.

The most likely end scenarios are murder, divorce, or both.
    I've seen this combination work with some couple, but I agree with you in this case. I don't think Huang Rong and Yang Guo are right for each other either.

In any relationship its all about give and take.

I agree both HR and YG are strong willed and intelligent people. But if they had met in their youth things might have worked out well. In fact, there is a chance YG might not lose his arm. Compared to HR, YG does have some compassion in him. He did use his own mouth to suck LMC's needle poison out from Wu Santong's leg after he got poisoned the second time.

They will most definitely argue very often but as long as either one knows when to give in to the other, things will work out. It might even spice up the relationship.

YG would definitely be the submissive one in this relationship. But HR would give in to him now and then too, even though she disagrees with him, just like how she disagreed with some of the things which GJ did.

As for the other girls, if YG remains loyal to HR like how he was loyal to XLN i doubt any of the girls would lose their lives or get hurt.

HQG would still impart his martial art skills to YG, but it could be the XL18 palms instead. But AYF might end up to be YG's enemy instead of foster father.

The biggest problem would be that Genghis Khan would never succeed in overthrowing the Jins YG and HR isn't the type that cares much about the country. They would just go around having fun and cause chaos as and when they wish....which could be interesting too...their adventures would be full of excitement

Good question. Should both know each other during LOCH or ROCH? Maybe it does not make any difference.

I tend to agree with Steven Chan that based on their characters, they will be more having fun instead of defending the country = Adventures of the Condor Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Good question. Should both know each other during LOCH or ROCH? Maybe it does not make any difference.

I tend to agree with Steven Chan that based on their characters, they will be more having fun instead of defending the country = Adventures of the Condor Heroes.
    The easiest way to do it would be to have Yang Guo born as Yang Tiexin's son instead of Yang Kang. However, he still wouldn't offer Huang Rong much and he'd be better off with any number of other women. She needs an honest man that she can stabilize herself around, and he'd be more suited for someone like Cheng Ying.

Wondering if any talented writers could come up with a fan fiction soon. Adventures of the condor heroes sounds cool

Quote Originally Posted by ToastedRossi View Post
    The easiest way to do it would be to have Yang Guo born as Yang Tiexin's son instead of Yang Kang. However, he still wouldn't offer Huang Rong much and he'd be better off with any number of other women. She needs an honest man that she can stabilize herself around, and he'd be more suited for someone like Cheng Ying.
    If YG was born as YTX's son and grew up as a poor farmer instead of in a Jin palace, there is a high chance that he could stabilize HR. YG would have listened to YTX's teachings and be a honest man...he did listen to some of GJ's teachings

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Chen View Post
    If YG was born as YTX's son and grew up as a poor farmer instead of in a Jin palace, there is a high chance that he could stabilize HR. YG would have listened to YTX's teachings and be a honest man...he did listen to some of GJ's teachings
    You'd need a more drastic change if you wanted to alter Yang Guo's basic personality. And really, the bigger point is that very little of what Huang Rong offered would attract Yang Guo. He's a very good judge of character, and he'd know that she'd be all sorts of wrong for him. And it's not as if he'd have a hard time finding a different partner.

Guo Jing would be upset.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Looks good kinda matching too

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i57.tinypic.com/2j1jzut.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Guo Jing would be upset.
    Yes, the story will get a bit complicated. One possible scenario:
    GJ married HZ. He:
    1. Join in the attack against China
    2. Prevent the attack against China
    3. Retire with HZ

Quote Originally Posted by Chilian Xianzi View Post

Looks, looks, looks. Is it going to WORK, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilian Xianzi View Post

These two will make a perfect Taohua Island Twin Killers

then it's going to be GJ & XLN? Might not be such a bad idea...in fact they would be quite a loving couple

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i60.tinypic.com/ok5pis.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Reena Chung View Post
    then it's going to be GJ & XLN? Might not be such a bad idea...in fact they would be quite a loving couple

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i60.tinypic.com/ok5pis.jpg')
    Same essential problem, though: too many overlapping personality characteristics, though not as pronounced or problematic as Yeung Gor and Wong Yung. This one won't lead to conflict, but it might just fizzle out anyway from lack of mutual interest.

Then GJ and XLN will act in "Retirement of the Condor Heroes" (One Hundred Years Stay in the Tombstone)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Same essential problem, though: too many overlapping personality characteristics, though not as pronounced or problematic as Yeung Gor and Wong Yung. This one won't lead to conflict, but it might just fizzle out anyway from lack of mutual interest.
    While I don't see any likelihood that they would be interested in each other, I can't see any similarities between Guo Jing and Xiaolongnu. In particular Guo Jing is a social person while Xiaolongnu is very distant from other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Reena Chung View Post
    This has the making of the most boring couple of all time.

Yes, the story will get a bit complicated. One possible scenario:
    GJ married HZ. He:
    1. Join in the attack against China
    2. Prevent the attack against China
    3. Retire with HZ
    Now imagine the title line happened in ROCH timeline. Yes, the Guo couple has been married for 20 years, their children already established in the martial world. Mrs. Guo leaves him for his nephew.

This is the image I get when I read the title line.