Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello! I'm probably going to do stellar!

There were lots of people begging for God of Thunder a while ago. Night Coming is a novel I would like to see translated as well
    --=={Grundle}==--

There is no allowing or permission. Yes you should NOT use his current translations and edit them but any translation you do has nothing to do with him. It's not his project. He does not own it. He does not claim it. It is not "unethical". People should be translating to share joy with other people and not make it about ego.

Quote Originally Posted by boaecho View Post
    There is no allowing or permission. Yes you should NOT use his current translations and edit them but any translation you do has nothing to do with him. It's not his project. He does not own it. He does not claim it. It is not "unethical". People should be translating to share joy with other people and not make it about ego.
    I am reporting you. You have no respect for translators or the work they do. It is insulting for another translator to come in and redo the work they are already doing. Instead of being grateful for what is being done, you are encouraging a new translator to create a problem from the start of their journey. I don't like you
    --=={Grundle}==--

count me for the translate ST group

Well, some one agrees, but don't report him. It's fine, I've send a message to the current translator and we can only wait. Please keep this thread argue free, I'll hate to see people fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grundle View Post
    I am reporting you. You have no respect for translators or the work they do. It is insulting for another translator to come in and redo the work they are already doing. Instead of being grateful for what is being done, you are encouraging a new translator to create a problem from the start of their journey. I don't like you
    It's not about respect. If right now , I claim every suggested novel to Puttty and do a translation of them...does that mean he can't do it? By your logic, it would mean he is disrespecting me.

First of all, he isn't redoing. He is picking off where everyone else has left off. Create problem? This isn't plagiarism. Puttty would be doing this ethically and helping people.

Say Aequetis takes a year for each chapter, does that mean no one can come in and translate as well?

You report people who are trying to use logical reasoning. Just because someone has different opinion and reasoning then you doesn't make them a troll or an *******. I'm not arguing. I was debating until that guy made it personal by saying he doesn't like me.

Couple things. First, I am locking this thread for now, at least for a few days, until cooler heads prevail.

Second, boaecho and others, what you need to understand that there are certain 'unspoken rules' amongst translators, and one them is this; you don't poach translations. That's one of the biggest dick moves there is, and I am very appreciative that Puttty is not trying to do that. I realize that you want to read stories faster, but again; you do not poach translations. It is the equivalent of hitting on your friend's girlfriend. Is it illegal? No. Does your friend's girlfriend "belong" to your friend? No. But it is still a dick move, which costs a lot of respect amongst other translators as well as many fans. Puttty gets it; that's why he responded rather unhappily in his post when people suggested him to just take it.

Thirdly and last, I'm going to be straight up; I wanted occasional a break from Coiling Dragon, so about half a month ago, I messaged Aequitas and asked him if he would mind me taking over ST and doing regular updates about once a week. He said he had grown to like having it as his project, so I said, "cool", and left it at that. Didn't even post any of this on the forums because I did NOT want fans to start PM'ing him and pressuring him to stop doing something he is clearly enjoying. That would not be fair to him at all. If and when he DOES decide he no longer has the time/interest, quite frankly, I'd be the "next in line" xD.

Okay. Hope that made a few things clear. Puttty, great to have you here, and great to see that you understand and respect the "translator's code". Hope you'll make SPC your home as I/we have over all these years
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!