Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello! I'm probably going to do stellar!

Default Hello! Any dropped/untranslated Chinese novels?

I heard He-men is MIA so I'm thinking to do it, but in case he's just taking a break, please tell me ;-;
    i don't want to offend anyone ;-; please tell me...
    ( ; - ; )/~~~

okay, oops someone is translating it, I'm now looking for popular CHINESE novels for translating, anyone has recommendations please reply. ;-;
    Last edited by Puttty; 02-04-15 at 09:04 AM.

Currently Aequitas is translating it, if you want, you can discuss it with him, cause I think he did mention something about help once.

Yeah, I just found out~
    So I'm changing it... ANY POPULAR UN TRANSLATED CHINESE NOVELS TO RECOMMEND?

demi gods semi devils is stuck...

The current translator is MIA? What are you talking about? A new chapter was released a couple of days ago.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...=1#post1100431
    Anyway, Aequitas has been doing the the translations recently, so you should talk to him before anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Puttty View Post
    Yeah, I just found out~
    So I'm changing it... ANY POPULAR UN TRANSLATED CHINESE NOVELS TO RECOMMEND?
    Idk about any untranslated ones, but if you are still interested, Aequitas said more than once that he'd like for someone else to pick up the project, since he doesn't have enough time

I posted this before I found out aequitas is translating it. ;-: sorry

No, I'm not really that interested in working together sorry ;-;
    Because I'm more of a detailed person, a perfectionists and I don't really like it if someone messes it up
    Ives read that he's Machine translating it, I'm going to translate it manually so...yeah

Because I'm more of a detailed person, a perfectionists and I don't really like it if someone messes it up
    Ives read that he's Machine translating it, I'm going to translate it manually so...yeah
    I`ve*
    I see that there will be need of proofreading.These are his koalafications(bad pun from Fate of Tera online by Bro Team Pill on Youtube)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aequitas
    I must say... I do admit my translations are pretty janky. I have 0 translation training, however, I do study Economics, Psychology, and Business Management.

My only qualifications are... born Chinese American ('murica!!!), raised to speak Cantonese, and went to Chinese School for 6 years, then furthered my Mandarin in high school, passed the AP Chinese exam and now have credits for the highest level Chinese course offered at my University. I speak both Cantonese and Mandarin, I can read, but I can't write for my life (but I can type!!!). Still doesn't mean much, but at least now people can know where my knowledge of Chinese comes from.

"Translators" like myself just do this for fun and for others.

I'd call myself... Better Than Nothing "Translations."
    Good enough?
    EDIT:Sorry for seeming snappy(more like being snappy but let`s not care about the small stuff ).I sometimes simply act like an ***.Please,do forgive me(the thought of apologizing probably came from you being a translator)
    Last edited by Bludflag; 02-04-15 at 09:29 AM.

No, I'm not really that interested in working together sorry ;-;
    Aequitas translates by hand. He uses Google translate on a few words that he doesn't recognize, which you can see here. Overall, his translations are fairly accurate.

I think he's caught the translation bug, as I've offered to take it over a while ago, but he enjoys having it as his side project. More power to him
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Hey Puttty, I am not sure this wuxia novel counts as a 'Popular novel' but 'Joy of Life' isn't active anymore since the translator his studies started, but you'll have to read a bit yourself to see if it's a good novel or not, i enjoyed the 30 chaps that are out.

It's about a paralyzed boy that gets reincarnated.

I would really like to see joy of life continued^^

But that's just my 2 cents. if you don't like Joy of Life i hope you find another novel that does suit your tastes

plss translate this ST i'm begging of you.... i'm gratefull for Aequitas for TL until now but the process is just too slow and i(maybe everybody) yearn for a faster release, so i hope you pick this.... and if my memory serve me correct Aequitas said before "it's okay for some1 to take over and welcome who will take over of this project"
    Last edited by KusanagiGodou; 02-04-15 at 09:36 AM.

Please send me the translated chapters and the raws
    though please also make sure it fits the requirements
    1) has no current translators
    2) is popular
    3) is a Chinese novel
    Last edited by Puttty; 02-04-15 at 09:47 AM.

I'll be glad to, but as people have said, there is already a translator and I don't wish to steal his work.... I'm really sorry, maybe you can ask him about it?

Quote Originally Posted by KusanagiGodou View Post
    plss translate this ST i'm begging of you.... i'm gratefull for Aequitas for TL until now but the process is just too slow and i(maybe everybody) yearn for a faster release, so i hope you pick this.... and if my memory serve me correct Aequitas said before "it's okay for some1 to take over and welcome who will take over of this project"
    Aequitas does do good work but, unfortunately, he will only be able to hammer out one chapter every two weeks to a month because of school. This is fine of course, but there is plenty of room for another TL to jump on ST. Perhaps a 5 or 10 to 1 chapter split, depending on how you would destribute the work load?

If not, Legend of the Longsword Master could use a TL. http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...aster-Huang-Yi

I may not look like much, but I'm an expert at pretending to be a ninja.

Honestly... you should just do Stellar Transformation because

1. You like it meaning you will have more fun doing it and it will be less of a "chore"

2. As others have mentioned it, the current translator is doing this as a SIDE thing. I am GRATEFUL for what he does but he does not own ST. There is no reason for you to not do it just because someone else started it. He is going to take a week or two for a chapter which is pretty unreasonable if someone is going to do it faster.

Please just do MT. Don't let A LOT of people suffer just because someone else started it first. No one will think it is bad for you to start it.
    Last edited by boaecho; 02-04-15 at 10:01 AM.

I don't really like MT, reasons? Many Chinese characters have double or even more meanings and it's a hassle
    I just do it whole manually, I've tried and it doesn't take too long, I could probably post 2 chapters per week? (Depends on the length) but as I had said, I'm not *****ing because someone already did it! I will pick it up like any other novel, BUT a person is currently translating and what I'm doing is to respect the translator, image you are working on a project that's really not easy and another person does it faster and steals readers from you, would you be happy? I would never so something like that as I respect all translators, I am ONLY willing to do dropped or untranslated novels, or the current translator of a novel decides to hand over his project to me. I AM not willing to partner as I already have one friend as MIT partner. Thank you for reading this rant... I'm not really that mad or anything but I'll like to point out its disrespectful to ask someone to steal a project from another person that is doing it FREELY out of his OWN time,for people he don't even know. I hope you can understand (◐‿◑)
    Last edited by Puttty; 02-04-15 at 10:34 AM.

Btw, I read ST for a while and dropped it, I didn't really like it. But, my friend, which is my partner, lives it so we can pull it off. Of you all can somehow get permission from the current translator, I will contact him and and do all those admin stuff. ;-: and get a black and white message stating that HE ALLOWS it cause I don't want no trouble and just want to help translate some stuff ;-;

Well, I've probably left a bad impression but I had to point that out... Please respect your translator for what they take their time and effort to do

update:
    ive sent a PM to the current translator, let's see if he allows~ if not I'll probably do joy of life, let's see shall we?
    Last edited by Puttty; 02-04-15 at 10:45 AM.