Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ಥ_ಥ recommend some Chinese novels for me to translate

If you don't do ST, I would be ecstatic if you could continue Joy of Life.

I posted on the other thread but seeing this was locked i thought i'd give a shot here^^

As i said before i am not entirely sure if it's popular but it is a chinese novel that i enjoyed (atleast the 30 chapters that are out)
    It's joy of life

The translated chapters so far are

1-9
    10-30

Sadly my chinese knowledge is not good enough to know where the raws are, in the worst case you'll have to look around a popular chinese site or google it :/ But if you could translate it, it'd be really awesome

One of the novels I recommend translating:
    - 7 Weapons (Book 3 to 7) by Gu Long
    - The Outcast by Maoni
    - Duoqing Langzi Chiqing Xia (多情浪子痴情侠) by Zheng Feng
    - The Tian-Guan Duo Heroes (天觀雙俠) by Zheng Feng
    - Flying Eagle in Sea of Swords by Sima Ling
    - Watering horse by Yellow River by Sima Ling

or as others have said one of the other novels of IET

Quote Originally Posted by abhinav_tammy View Post
    While i am dying due to withdrawal symptoms from lack of ST chapters, I think that it would be best if you take Aequitas' permission. It would be very rude if you start translating that.
    <rant>
    EDITED - Please try not to flame. Thanks. - RWX
    </rant>
    Ahem... so you wanted to know a suggestion then I would recommend God of thunder as well. I tried to do something using a machine translation but it looked like ramblings of a drunken idiot on mushrooms. I am sure a lot of people will appreciated it if you translate that. Thank you.

Edit: Bah...needed to get around the censoring.
    I don't think anyone was suggesting stealing the ST project though; rather, collaborating. Whatever the case, it is Aequitas'call on ST.
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 02-04-15 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faerro View Post
    I don't think anyone was suggesting stealing the ST project though; rather, collaborating. Whatever the case, it is Aequitas'call on ST.
    Yeah I for one wasn't suggesting stealing it. Rather Aequitas himself said that if someone else was willing that he would hand off the project. Though I will admit I'm just greedy for more ST.

Oh and Aequitas, regardless of whether you do or don't hand off ST thank you so much for translating it.

Aequitas has kindly declined my request, so please stop spamming him. >< there will be more novels out there needing a translator so those on the ST team, I'm sorry! Please change your vote! God of thunder / joy of life has the most votes, by the end of today I will decide so please vote!!! ٩(๑❛▽❛๑)۶

I vote for Joy of life

Joy of life please, the story is amazing from the bit up to chapter 31 that i have read and the protagonist intrigues me.

Putty, how about IET others work.

洪荒之子 - This quiet short, but I think it is unfinished work.

寸芒 - I'm not sure this is work in progress or not. But is quiet short too, compare to others work.

星峰传说 - This also seems nice, since its about swordplay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

金丹变 - Maybe this book, it will be fresh and give readers to have a look on the other side of coins in ST practices.

凡人修仙传 - This book is recommends by He-man, I guess it might be good.

This is my suggestion. Do tell when you have made up your mind because I will propose new title as I think of one.

Putty, what book you enjoy since you says you not into ST that much (which startle me). LOL
    Last edited by theSwordoftheWest; 02-04-15 at 08:34 PM.

I'm interested in God of Thunder, myself!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Joy of Life raws, also known as Qing Yu Nian by Maoni

Quote Originally Posted by faerro View Post
    And Talented Lady Jean from the "A Step Into the Past" project!

I second Grundle's suggestion of: 3) Legend of the Longsword Master by Huang Yi
    I'd like to echo the request for "Legend of the longsword master" - have been waiting for a long time for this addictive work to be picked up by a translator. Grundle did a wonderful job in translation of the first part but I guess he is too busy now to continue

Quote Originally Posted by theSwordoftheWest View Post
    Putty, how about IET others work.

洪荒之子 - This quiet short, but I think it is unfinished work.

寸芒 - I'm not sure this is work in progress or not. But is quiet short too, compare to others work.

星峰传说 - This also seems nice, since its about swordplay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

金丹变 - Maybe this book, it will be fresh and give readers to have a look on the other side of coins in ST practices.

凡人修仙传 - This book is recommends by He-man, I guess it might be good.

This is my suggestion. Do tell when you have made up your mind because I will propose new title as I think of one.

Putty, what book you enjoy since you says you not into ST that much (which startle me). LOL
    洪荒之子 was abandoned, it was written along with SS and overwhelmed, IET let the readers vote which one to continue, SS won. It is the story about a character appeared in 星峰传说 (this is IET 1st novel). 寸芒 is IET 2nd novel.

金丹变, I don't know what you mean about the other side of the coins in ST practice, it's not IET work, so it shouldn't be related to ST, unless if it's another fan fiction.

I think in general IET novels appealed more towards male readers, so it's not so much of a surprise there.

Putty, I think you should choose a novel that you like, don't decide on the most voted. Check the novels 1st and if you like it then translate it. If there is nothing suggested appealed to you then, please tell us your favorite novels, so we can suggest another novels.

I don't mind, I can do it anyways ╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ the current leading is
    God of thunder with 5 votes
    Followed by Joy of life with 4

Quote Originally Posted by dexter64 View Post
    洪荒之子 was abandoned, it was written along with SS and overwhelmed, IET let the readers vote which one to continue, SS won. It is the story about a character appeared in 星峰传说 (this is IET 1st novel). 寸芒 is IET 2nd novel.

金丹变, I don't know what you mean about the other side of the coins in ST practice, it's not IET work, so it shouldn't be related to ST, unless if it's another fan fiction.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Jindan Transformation can bring to us insight on how to be Xiuzhenist by following the common forming the Jindan method, as oppose to Stellar Transformation route.

Yeah, It is different author and stories and stuff. But based on the title itself, I would like it to fill my curiosity and fan fic and stuff.

But at the end of the days, this is all just suggestion since this is novel I wish I can read.

Yap Putty, you should do novel that you want and enjoy. So you like the contemporary xianxia or the conventional wuxia?

IET novel or Night Coming

i vote for joy of life.

god of thunder please

If it's between those two I'll throw a vote to joy of life

Quote Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
    Got some recommendations for translating or just reading for fun. They are all still ongoing.

霸天雷神(MT is something like Tyrant God of Thunder) by 萧潜. Link here, and it updates on average twice a day.

There is a reincarnation aspect, but it's not too relevant. Mostly a casual Xian Xia work, with the MC not being totally driven to get stronger despite his talent. Mostly focuses on exploring, politics, and family relationships. It's not monster-length at this point, so it would be easier to pick up.

武炼巅峰(MT is Wu Lian Peak) by 莫默. Link here and it updates on average twice a day.

Usual Xian Xia stuff with added relationship problems. MC is a failure until he finds a black book which mysteriously heals him from a disability that kept him from practicing. He is also a bit of a playboy eventually, but it never detracts from his goal of pursuing the martial arts to their peak. He may annoy you with being a little too "genius" and lucky though.

Last one is 武极天下(MT is Martial World) by 蚕茧里的牛. Link is here and at the moment it is updating three times a day.

Again pretty standard, but the story consistently ranks well on various sites. It's also one of the few I bookmark.
    So those 3.Or you might do a joint with helloshorty on Duo Po Cang Qiong,'cuz i feel like i have withdrawal symptoms already.
    Shipping Linley x Delia | My MAL profile | Got nothing to read? Recommendations.