Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jiang Ye (Before Night) by Mao Ni (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

thanks bludflag and good luck for your upcoming test

Thanks for translations. Hope more comes out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Laoren View Post
    Thanks binggodude and friends, please name your friends we like to thank them too
    Well my friends don't really have an account here so XD yea. I am just here for the posting the chapters.

BTW we are working on the prologue along with the regular chapters its just taht the prologue is long =/ quite long like 2-3 chapters worth in one chapter T.T

Quote Originally Posted by binggodude View Post
    Well my friends don't really have an account here so XD yea. I am just here for the posting the chapters.

BTW we are working on the prologue along with the regular chapters its just taht the prologue is long =/ quite long like 2-3 chapters worth in one chapter T.T
    Well tell your friends to make accounts too! And thank you and them for translating this!

Well guys here is your chapter of the day. Enjoy =) (Just wondering but I am at least starting to hate the main character. I don't know about you guys... but if i could i would beat him up >.>)

Chapter 5: Yearning under the Moonless Night

To the South of Wei city there exists a small stream that can’t be counted as a river and a small slope that can’t be called a mountain next to the stream. There was a small house that didn’t even have a courtyard under the slope. The raining clouds were vanishing early in the night. The bright stars poured their light onto the stream, slope, and house, giving them a beautiful silver glow.

Ning Que walked slowly. dragged his shoes under the star lights. When he saw the house he and Sang Sang lived in, his speed became even slower. But as long as he was walking, no matter how slowly he walked, he will still arrive at his destination. He pushed open the fragile and useless fence, moved towards the door and saw the light emitted by the oil lantern shined through the openings. Ning Que coughed lightly, “What do you think about moving to the capital?”

The door was pushed open and a squeaky noise pierced through the calm and quiet night of the borderline city.

The small maid, Sang Sang, squatted beside the door, her thin figure was elongated by the light of the oil lantern. She pointed at the wooden door and answer, “Didn’t you always wanted to go to Chang An? By the way Ning Que, when are you going to steal some oil from the firearm camp? This door has been squeaking for several months now, it’s really annoying.”

“Who uses those difficult firearm anymore? If you want oil, I will ask the impedimenta camp tomorrow.” Ning Que answered instinctively, and suddenly realized, “Wait, I wanted to talk about something else. Besides, if we really were to leave, why would you care about this broken door?”

Sang Sang stood up, her small body seemed extremely thin in the cool spring breeze. She looked at Ning Que, and said seriously with no other emotions, “Even if we were to leave, there will still be people living in this house, and they are still going to use this door.”

After these two leave, will there really be people living in the broken-down remote house? Ning Que thought silently, and a feeling of remorse slipped out of his heart. He sighed lightly and slid through the exit next to Sang Sang, “Start packing at night.”

Sang Sang fixed her scattered hair carelessly, looked at his back and said, “Ning Que,
    I don’t understand why were you so interested in that thing.”

“No one can resist the temptation to become stronger. Besides, that thing is pretty important for me.”

Ning Que knew that the maid already figured out his true thoughts. He looked at Sang Sang’s small but dark face, “You know we can’t live in Wei city for our whole life. The world is vast, there are a lot more countries besides the Tang empire. We should go out and explore the world. Even if we talked small, Chang An has much more opportunity than Wei city. We can earn more money and advance faster there.That’s why I will get into the Academy for sure.”

A knowing expression came onto Sang Sang’s face. Since she was still young, her features had yet to extend and mature; the dry climate of Wei city did not help much either. It was hard to call her pretty with her dark, rough face and her thin, dull hair, maybe not even cute.

But she had a pair of unique eyes. They were long and thin, similar to that of willow’s leaves. They were also bright and clear, almost if they were carved out from ice. Since there weren’t much emotions shown through her eyes, Sang Sang did not appear to be a poor twelve years old maid, but rather a mature woman who had seen all the struggles and problems in this world. This difference between her actual age and her expressions made her seem cool and unearthly.

Ning Que, on the other hand, knew it was all an illusion. From his point of view, Sang Sang was just a girl who lacked the effort to think. Since these two had been living together for years, she always depended on Ning Que, she started to become too lazy to think by herself. Since she was too lazy to think by herself, she appeared to become stupider by the day. To cover up her stupidity , she started to speak less frequently and used shorter phrases, therefore she appeared to be cool and unearthly.

“No, not stupid, but clumsy.” Ning Que thought of something, and correctly himself.

There was a long period of silence. Suddenly, Sang Sang raised her head and bit her lips. She had a fearful expression on her face, which was rather rare to see, “I heard....... Chang An is very big, and there are awful amount of people.”

“The capital is grand and sophisticated. Ten years ago the population had passed a million, the rent there is pretty expensive as well. Living in Chang An sure is no easy task.” Ning Que signed slightly and saw her nervous expression. Then he smiled, “Don’t be afraid of the large mob, you just need to pretend that Chang An is a bigger version of Wei city. When we get there, I will take care of the business with strangers and you take care of house chores. If you are really scared then just go out less.”

“What is the monthly price of food in the capital?” Sang Sang’s willow leaf eyes widened and stared at Ning Que. “Will it exceed four silver coins? Then it will be several times higher than Wei city’s price.”

“If I do get into the Academy, we will need to use some good fabric to make new clothes. Plus guests will come to our house, maybe classmates or something. If any of the teacher think I am worth investing in, then they might come lecture privately. So you need to atleast make a new set of clothing. I estimated we will need to use at least use ten silver coins.”

Ning Que answered and wrinkled his eyebrows. But in reality he was just speaking nonsense. He had no idea that ten silver coins was nothing in the eyes of students in the Academy, it may only pay a regular meal in a decent restaurant. Ning Que’s situation was quite similar to a famous joke - the farmers were chatting in the field and always thought the queen was making meat buns while the princess was chopping onions. The meat bun was as grand as a sea, and the onion was as tall as a mountain.

But this seemingly underestimation passed the limit of the small maid. She thought for a while and suggested wholeheartedly, “It’s too expensive...... Ning Que, is it fine not going to Chang An, and you don’t go to the Academy?”

“You have to think about the future!” Ning Que rebuked, “When I graduate from the Academy, I can definitely become an official in the court. At that time even if we use ten silver coins a month, it will be nothing compare to my salary. And what is not good with Chang An? I just hope there won’t be too many makeups in Chen Jin store.

Clearly makeups were a weakness of the little maid. She sank into a deep inner struggle with herself about the decision. After a while she whispered, “But what about the few years that you are attending the Academy? My needlework is nothing compare to the ones in Chang An’s market, we may not sustain the high cost!”

“Well, that sure is a problem. I heard you can’t hunt in the forests around the capital because they belong to the emperor..... How much money do we have left?”

The master and servant exchanged eye contacts and cooperatively walked to a wooden chest. They opened the chest and took out a nicely locked box. There were many small pieces of silver, clearly they were the savings of the two, but it was not much to count.

Looking at the silver coins in the wooden box, none of the two counted. Sang Sang said quietly, “I counted the night before yesterday, there are 76 silver coins and some small changes.”
    “It seems like we need to find a way to earn money after moving to Chang An” Ning Que spoke with a determined face.

“Yes, and I will try to improve my needlework by a bit.” Sang Sang answered with a determined face.

…................................................. ....................
    At night, Sang Sang kneeled to make the bed. She moved rapidly with her skinny knee, and quickly finished organizing the quilts. She then pushed the middle of the pillow with her small hand, caused it to concave inward, thereby forming an arc which Ning Que can sleep most comfortably. Next, she picked up her own quilts, jumped out of the bed, walked to the room’s corner, and started to make her own bed, which was simply put together with two wooden box.

Turning off the light, Ning Que left a bowl on the windowsill. With the help of starlight, he went into the bed. Yawning, he made an extremely comfortable sigh and closed his eyes. After a while, a sound that he has been hearing every night ever since he started living in the Wei City was heard from the corner of the room.

The night seemed to have no difference from every other night in the past years. They would fall asleep alongside the starlights of the Empire’s frontier. But in reality, both the master and servant couldn’t fall asleep tonight. Maybe because they felt uneasy as they were about to enter a new world or maybe because of Capital Chang An’s prosperity and wealth. The two people in the room could hardly calm their breaths down.

A long time had passed, Ning Que opened his two eyes and looked at the window’s paper. (in ancient China, window is not made of glass) “I heard that…..the girls in Chang An aren’t really afraid of coldness. They wear little clothes with collars widely open and their bodies all are very white. Not sure if this is real….I can’t remember much, I was too young then. ”

He turned over his body, looked toward the dark and gloomy corner, asked, “Sang Sang, do you feel ill recently? Do you feel cold? ”

In the darkness, the little maid seems to shake her head. Somewhat it can be seen that she tightly grabbed the quilt, with eyes closed, yet with an extremely rare smile on her face, whispered, “I heard that Chang An’s girls have pretty white skins. Everyday they use such good perfumes and lotions, how can they not have pretty skins? ”

Ning Que smiled, stared at her and said, “Don’t worry, after I earned money later, you can buy any perfumes and lotions you want in the Chen Jin store.”

Sang Sang suddenly opened her eyes, her willow leaf-like, long and thin eyes reflected bright star lights, said seriously, “Ning Que, you promised.”

“We said before, you need to remember to call me ‘master’ later on in Chang An, to show that I am respectable.”

That year, Ning Que digged out the sick and cold Sang Sang from a pile of corpses, and they struggled to arrive to the city of Wei. From then it’s been seven to eight years. Even though Sang Sang’s status was a maid, and she did stuffs that a maid should do, she never called him master. This didn’t represent anything but simply a habit.

Today, the little maid Sang Sang was forced to discard this habit.

“Ning Que…..master….You need to remember what you promised, the perfumes and lotions of the Chen Jin store.”

Ning Que nodded his head. His sight fell on the snow-like starlight on the side of the bed, for no reason. His heart slightly tightened. He felt the emptiness he had suffered many years ago. He looked back to the dark night outside of the window and took a glance at the stars. Then looked down and started to long for his homeland. He whispered, “Today there is still no moon….”

Sang Sang, who lied on the wooden boxes of the dark corner, huddled up like a little mice inside the slightly cold quilt. She made an attempt to pull the quilt, in order to ward off the coldness outside. By the way, she tried to smooth the boxes, so the gap between them didn’t cause the “bed” to feel as rough. She heard the whispers that came from the window and thought Ning Que….master has began to talk nonsense again.
    Last edited by binggodude; 02-11-15 at 10:31 PM.

Thanks for the chapter binggodude!

I personally like Ning Que. He seems to be smart and can assess problems and handle them appropriate.
    Traits you seldom see in mc's.
    Thanks for the chapter.

I don't dislike Ning Que :3 He's kinda douchey but he's got aspirations!

Well I so far as of right now hate him and find him not smart-ish... Well also for the late announcement, there won't be a chapter today because well we got our test tomorrow so we needa study today. Sorry guys for the late announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by binggodude View Post
    Well I so far as of right now hate him and find him not smart-ish... Well also for the late announcement, there won't be a chapter today because well we got our test tomorrow so we needa study today. Sorry guys for the late announcement.
    I know that feel.Had one just today(wrote 69% so it can only end up shitty),biology be a beatch(like gravity in Magicka!).Good luck and have fun

Agreed a mc with no need to justify actions even though insulted. I have high hopes that he will show his intelligence in interesting ways soon.

Gonna post in 1 hour or so

TL Note: Well here is the long awaited chapter of the day. Sorry we had test on Friday and we were studying. Well since our break started i will try to advocate for the two guys to translate more chapters per day but I can't promise anything. Everyone has a life so yea.... BUT BTW ENJOY THE CHAPTER!!!!!!!~~~=D

Chapter 6 Leaving for Chang An, going for a fortune

In the morning, Ning Que and Sang Sang woke up and started to pack up with the light. They occasionally had a quarrel, yet were silent most of the time.

Outside of the house, Ning Que made an attempt to pull something from the house’s wall for a while. He pulled out a long bag and took out the arrows in the back. He checked them for a long time and gave them out after he confirmed that there were no problems with the arrow. On the side, Sang Sang took over the arrows and put them into a big pocket made of cotton. She then took out three slightly rusty swords from the top of the fence. Ning Que took over and carefully wiped them. He put the swords facing the sun, looked at their sharp edges, and nodded his head. Eventually he used grass ropes to tie them on his back.

He took out a black umbrella from from the back of the door. Then used the last segment of grass rope to tightly fasten the umbrella on Sang Sang’s back. This umbrella was made from unknown materials. It felt like it was covered with a layer of black and dull oil. It does not reflect light, and appears to be somewhat heavy. Moreover, the umbrella was really big. Even though it is closed up and tied to Sang Sang’s thin and short body, it almost touched the ground.

After finishing preparation for the journey, Ning Que and Sang Sang walked in tandem, passed through the shabby fence. The two people looked back simultaneously, glancing at the small shabby house, Sang Sang looked up at his lower jaw, asked, “Master, should we lock the door?”

“No need to.” Ning Que pondered a bit, said, “Later on….maybe we will hardly come back.”
    ……….

The iron covered wooden wheel rolled over the wet soil ground. The noble’s carriage slowly started the departure, moving towards the outside of the Wei City. Five wagons, connected together with soft ropes can grab the attention of people living in the frontier at any time. Actually, many people come to stand by the sidewalks today, yet their focus was not on this noble carriage, but the younger and the little maid sitting on the first wagon. From time to time people would send boiled eggs to them and a red face auntie saying something while using her dirty handkerchief to wipe out her tears.

“Ning Que you the little mean *** hole. My nephew was such a good man, why didn’t you let Sang Sang marry him? Now it’s all over, this poor little girl has to follow you to a place where people eat others without even spitting their bones. I am telling you, you better take care of my Sang Sang!”

On the carriage, Ning Que’s face turned extremely awkward, answered irritatedly, “Auntie, you started to propose for a marriage since Sang Sang was eight, this thing was just not going to work out that way.”

After several kindly scoldings from the auntie, raindrops began to fall off from the top of the sky. The rain seemed to be thinner than lines, falling on people’s body, bringing them a slight sense of coldness. However, none of the people left. The soldiers’ relatives in Wei City were busy at saying good byes to Ning Que, and calculating the last debt issues with him. It seems like the crowd would make the noises for a really long time.

In the most noble and luxurious wagon in the back, that arrogant and cold maid opened the curtain. She leaned out her head and took a glance. Her pretty eyebrow can’t help but frown.

When the carriage was about to moved out of this small city in the frontier, Ning Que stood up from the wagon, made a salute to the people.

The youngster carried three old swords on his back. Standing in the water with one hand making a fist and placing it under the other one, he made a grateful salute and showed some heroic manner.

“Brothers and uncles, sisters and aunties, I don’t want to say much thankful words.”

After finishing this sentence, he opened up his two arms in the rain. He clenched his fists and extended them up, revealing his pectoralis and biceps that were not so strong. He made a really stupid pose, and shouted loudly, “This trip to Chang An, if I don’t make a fortune out of myself, I will never come back!”

Ning Que’s words came out, like the story reciters’ wood dropping down the table, ( TL Note: the story reciters used to signal the starting of their story), or even like a bloody human head falling down the ground, causing the people on the sidewalk to applaud cheerfully altogether.

In the only good restaurant in Wei City, Ma Shi Xiang and his several military officials were drinking wine. The nobles did not want them to send off and they were also too lazy to send off Ning Que. Tet they clearly saw the image of this moment. One official thought about what Ning Que said on the wagon and couldn’t help but sighed, “Won’t be back if not making a fortune? Then this unfortunate kid will probably never come back.”

Ma Shi Xiang, who was sitting on a side of the table, pondered about the three concise sentences Ning Que told him last night and can’t help but lightly touch his beard. He felt comforted looking at the carriage that was gradually passing out of the gate and laughed.“May as well never come back you little troublemaker. Bring the mess to the world outside!”

-------------------------------
    The carriage traveled away from Wei city and the Great Plain. The troublesome dry season that bothered the barbarian tribes and the new chief did not affect the weather here. The spring breeze colored the leaves and grass a new lively color which painted the wagon wheels and horseshoes. Butterflies were swirling around in the air playfully.

The steeds were running between the grass field and the hills. Sometimes the chains linking them to the carriage were pulled intensively and sometimes they were simply left hanging. Once in a while the carpet-filled fancy carriage room jumped due to obstacles and rocks. The beautiful maid stared blankly into the view; her expression was little stiff, maybe she had a flashback to the dusty northern climate. However, in her eyes there was definitely passion and desire of the unknown future.

There was a little boy dressed in luxurious clothing in the carriage. He was hugging the maid’s leg and looking at her desperately, mumbling some words, perhaps wanting to go out and play.

The maid turned around and lectured him harshly, but her expression turned soft and took him into her arms and rubbed his head.

The wind blew one corner of the curtain open, the breeze slide past the face of the maid. She squinted her eyes toward the front of the entire group, targeting her negative expression at someone.

In the frontmost simple carriage sat the young soldier named Ning Que. From his repetitive nodding it was easy to see that he was almost asleep. However he was supposed to be the guide who directed the entire party to the right routes, therefore it was hard to call him qualified or responsible.

But the reason for the maid’s cold expression was not exactly Ning Que’s dereliction of his duty, but rather another action that she observed.

While Ning Que was napping on the carriage and while the carriage was moving quickly, he almost fell off couple of times. The only reason that he was still on the cart was that Sang Sang used her small and weak body to support Ning Que’s weight and kept him on board. Although it was hard to see the expression on her dark face, it was noticeable that she was very tired and struggling.

Right at this moment, the group ran pass a shallow dent in the grassland. Ning Que woke up from the shock and rubbed his eyes while looking at the sky. He noticed that he slept right until the dusk and raised his hand to signal the party to rest. The group stopped and started to set up their camps.

Setting up camps right after waking up seemed irresponsible and unprofessional, but no one objected to his command.

It’s been several days after they left Wei city. Every order the youngster gave on the trip was proven to be correct; whether it was the choice of route, location of camps, safety protection, intake of resource, or securing escape, there was no flaws in his plans. The speed of the party was rather fast regardless of all the preparation as well.

The dozen of barbarian bandits that the noble took in did not trust and looked down upon the soldiers of Wei city at first, but now they have nothing but respect for the young guide’s extraordinary abilities.

Along the river, people silently dug and set up fire to boil water. The maid left the fancy and well-guarded carriage and glanced at Ning Que who was comfortably rubbing his stomach and ready to eat dinner. Seeing the small maid who was struggling to transport the water into the pot and making a fire out of wood beside Ning Que, the noble maid’s eyebrows wrinkled really hard.

A strong and tall guard stood up and looked at the maid. She shook her head to signal no need to follow, and walked towards Ning Que’s camp.

She acknowledged that the youngster was rather capable, much better than the self-centered noble sons in Chang An at least. If he was a noble son in Chang An, then she would have treated his attitude with recognition. But he was just a teen from the lower class, and he oppressed the young girl who he should’ve supported and helped. This view touched and affected her mood. The made her feel rather unpleasant.

Walked toward the small maid Sang Sang, the noble maid smiled at her warmly and signaled her to put down the bulky wood and talked to her.

Sang Sang peek at Ning Que, waited for his approval then walked towards her. The maid took out and offered a handkerchief, but Sang Sang shook her head - after all the physical activities, there was no sweat on the small maid’s forehead.

Finally Ning Que got up from the grass and dusted off the dirts and saluted while smiling at the maid.

The maid did not turn around to look at him, she said indifferent, “I don’t like you, therefore there is no reason for you to salute me. It is hateful to see people like you that act cheerful and warm on the outside while are truly corrupt and degenerate in their hearts.”

The monotone words and tilted chin expressed her noble status. As a personal maid serving the princess of Tang empire, she can treat most of the court officials equally - but small characters like Ning Que? even more so.

Ning Que shook his head and laughed, turned around and walked towards the campfire near the river.

He only has one maid while the noble has countless servants. The only maid was pulled away by one of the countless servant to chat. Although the noble has other maids serving her, Ning Que has to prepare and cook himself.

Perhaps his face skin turned thick due to constant dust storms on the borderline, there was awkwardness in Ning Que’s laughter.

------------------------------------------------

After sunset, Sang Sang returned with a bunch of snacks. Ning Que was disappointingly looking at the over cooked meat gruel while she walked in. He did not hesitate and took the snacks and binged on them while asking, “Why does she want to chat with you so much? I haven’t eat a single actual meal in days....... sometimes these noble’s sympathy is truly misplaced. Just watch her smile, looking like the wolf who wanted to eat the Red Riding Hood, thinking she is welcoming and soft, but she actually is as fake as the water-filled alcohol in Wei city.”

“She is not a bad person,” Sang Sang gathered the overcooked food and was about to clean up and leave, but Ning Que called her back.

“What did you guys talked about these few days?” Ning Que asked.

Sang Sang thought for a long time trying to memorize what happened and answered, “I think.... you know I don’t like to talk..... Most of the time she was talking about things happened on the Great Plain, but I forgot what exactly she said.”

After hearing this, Ning Que felt much better. While he was humming a light tone and chewing on the snacks he said, “Next time when she wants to chat with you, remember to charge her, or you can take some more of these snacks.”

At night

Sang Sang used the river water and extinguished the campfire. After making sure the fire was gone, she carefully pulled a barrel filled with hot water towards the small camp. The people on the river bank saw this view and knew the small maid was preparing water to wash Ning Que’s feet, many of them showed disdaining expressions.

And of course, this disdaining expression’s target was Ning Que.

After washing his feet, Ning Que slid into the lamb fur blanket, and put a pair of cold feet into his arms. He let out a moan and yawned, “Let’s sleep.”

Sang Sang was much more tired than he was, and soon fell asleep.

But Ning Que opened his eyes again, his sight seemed to pierce through the old and shabby camp and landed on the starry sky, then his eyes fell upon a handkerchief.

Remembering the gold-laced handkerchief that the maid took out, he knew his prediction was right, but he did not know what use he can make out of the prediction.
    Last edited by binggodude; 02-14-15 at 09:38 AM.

Thanks again for the chapter.. This is getting good...

thank you for the chapter

Thank you for the chapter. It needs a bit more proofreading for mistakes like "the group ran passed a shallow dent" which should have been "past". Overall, pretty awesome stuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Aequitas View Post
    Thank you for the chapter. It needs a bit more proofreading for mistakes like "the group ran passed a shallow dent" which should have been "past". Overall, pretty awesome stuffs
    SHHHH lol jk thanks for the correction. I tried to correct them as best i can XD and i didn't notice that untill you mentioned it XD

Thanks for the chapter! I really appreciate the hard work that you and your friends are putting in.

Thank you I look forward to more chapters

Here is your chapter of the day Guys. Have fun reading. And yes i KIND OF stopped the hating on Ning Que but still >.> hate is still real a bit...

Chapter 7 Drink at night, dream a sea
    Looking at the top of the camp, Ning Que thought about the tiny details after leaving the Wei city.

In the entire trip that luxurious wagon’s curtain was tightly closed. No one exited except a boy, who obviously had barbarian bloodline, would occasionally get out of the wagon and play for a while. There was no chance to see the Princess. There was only that pretty and arrogant maid giving out commands from time to time.

For unknown reasons, the maid really loved to call Sang Sang over to have a chat.

Also, for unknown reasons, the maid did not hide her disgust toward Ning Que at all.

Ning Que thought she was a really good actor. Whether in Wei City, on the journey, the attitude of those Great Plain subordinates, or from her own temperament, it was really hard to tell that she was not a maid.

This was the point that made him confused. He had always been thinking that the real Tang Empire upper class nobles would not have too much sympathy towards Sang Sang.

Yet these were not the things he was really concerned with. In these days he had constantly kept an eye on an elder wearing an old robe inside the wagon. If his predictions were right, this kind elder should be the Xiu Xing expert in the North Gate of Holy Sky Way, as mentioned by General Ma.

Since he was small, Ning Que had been determined to step into that mysterious world of Xiu Xing yet he could not even feel the entry to it. The only reason why he was willing to follow this group to return to the Capital was because this group has a real Xiu Xingist.

Unfortunately, he still had not found a chance to talk with the elder, who was being highly protected. Only during dining time, could he occasionally make eye contact with the elder. On that moment, he felt like he could see the kindnesses and encourages from the elder’s eye, which caused him to think so much yet without getting an answer.

After having thought and analyzed the situation for so long but he still remaining confused. Ning Que gathered his mind. Then he realized that the pair of small feet in his arms was not warm yet and was still as freezing as ice. Even causing his own chest to feel cold. Involuntarily, he frowned.

The little maid Sang Sang had suffered too much when she was little. She was covered with corpses on the road. After picking up by Ning Que, she soon got really sick and she did not recover for many months.

He had taken her to the military surgeons in the Wei City and he even had taken her to the to the far away Kai Ping City. Yet all the doctors came up with the same diagnosis: her body was weak in nature, and therefore innately cold.

Because of her innately cold body, Sang Sang would rarely sweat, which means that metabolism doesn’t function well in her system. The daily toxins produced by her body could not be excreted out normally, so day by day the stacking of toxins caused Sang Sang to become really weak. Therefore, Ning Que listened to doctor’s words, let Sang Sang do massive movements daily, in order to improve her cold body. This is also why in other people’s eyes, he always treated Sang Sang like a horse by giving her lots of work.

Even though she worked hard everyday, it didn’t always seem to help raise the temperature of Sang Sang’s body. Such as now, her body was still as cold as rocks that could make up an ice house.

Ning Que got up and rubbed his almost frozen stomach. He pulled out a cow feathered wine bag from a corner and woke Sang Sang up. He then place the wine bag near her lip.

Sang Sang, still in a daze, slowly opened up her eyes. She naturally took the wine bag and started to drink the wine within. Although the wine didn’t spill even a single drop, there was already a strong and spicy scent in the night. What she was drinking seemed to be the strong wine on the Great Plain.

The short and skinny little maid held a big wine bag and drank drastically. It was known that two bowls of this type of wine could cause a strong adult to fall asleep instantaneously. However, she already drank a little less than half of a bag, until her belly became slightly swollen. This picture could hardly be described as manly, but rather somewhat weird.

She wiped her mouth. Willow-like eyes appeared to be bright and she looked like she didn’t even drink any. She gave Ning Que a smile, then lied down and went to sleep again.

The entire room was filled with wine’s scent. The pair of cold foot in his arms gradually became warm. Ning Que looked at the sweats on her nose and finally felt relieved. He wiped out the sweats on his own head.

He tightly wrapped the sheep wool-made quilt towards their bodies. Ning Que slowly closed his eyes. The worn-out scroll of “Extreme Sense”was placed near his face. Every night before sleep, he would read for a few pages. Even if he didn’t read, he would still recite it once inside his head. This is a habit formed over many years.

“Pray that all life to escape the pain of aging and death, every poison to not harm them. ”

“Pray that all life escape disease and disaster, protect its essence, marching bravely into the way of Wisdom.

In the shallow sleep, his spirit, alongside the words on the scroll, alongside the seemingly simple yet confusing way of sensation. slowly began to Xiu Xing.

Gradually, the wool-made quilt that covered him and Sang Sang’s body disappeared. The little shabby camp disappeared. The green grasses outside of the tribe disappeared and the brook also transformed into white fog that then became nothing. The whole world became a space involving only Ning Que and Sang Sang. Yet in this space, they were breathing in a mysterious pattern. The breaths in this world slowing liquefied and became an ocean that surrounded the two figures with warmth.

This mysterious feeling was not strange to Ning Que. For many years after he started reading the Extreme Sense, he would often sense it before he went to sleep. Yet he knew a sad fact, this was not the actual sense he had after meditation, but simply a dream.

The warm sea, probably was only a false sensation in the dream because the pair of small feet in his arms were gradually heating up, but this was also an extremely pretty false sense.

As comforted himself, Ning Que went into a deeper level of sleep. It was another sweet night of no dream.

------------------------------------------

Ning Que woke up the next morning. Although he had a quality sleep, his expression revealed his desire to sleep another three days and three nights.

“Why are we changing our route without previous preparation?” Ning Que looked at the maid, trying to conceal his rage and said softly, “My plan of getting through Mt. Min and traveling straight to the Hua Xi road have no errors.”

But no one in the camp answered his question, including the maid.

“I’m the guide, and you guys are not familiar with Mt. Min,” Ning Que looked at the maid, stayed silent for a moment and spoke again, “I know you guys are afraid of getting ambushed, but if you listen to me, I can guarantee you that there will be no danger ahead of us.”

The maid looked back at him, almost like looking at a rock. Her expression was clear, Ning Que has no right for her to explain the decision.

Returning to his camp, Ning Que found Sang Sang, who is packing the camp and items. “After I sent them into their route, we need to leave as soon as possible.”

Holding a simple handmade map, Ning Que pointed at a place and explained, “The farthest we can get to is this location, after this point, the enemy only need to send a few teams of troops and this group will be eliminated.”

“You should explain to them.” Sang Sang raised her head and said.

“I’m guessing that there will be people aiding the princess’s party, therefore they will not listen to me.” Ning Que answer, “Convincing a group of people as stupid as pigs isn’t my strength.”

Sang Sang did not speak, but rather used her eyes‘ expression to ask, “If there are people aiding them there, why are you still so worried, and wants to leave midway?”

“My instinct tells me there will be trouble ahead” Ning Que answered, “Because I believe the daring character who wants to assassinate the fourth princess of Tang empire won’t be as stupid as that woman and not prepare a few backup plans.”

Sang Sang wanted to say something but held it back, instead she advised, “You.....should talk more politely about her.”

“I know her true identity,” Ning Que raised his eyebrows and mocked, “So what if she is the princess? I said it in Wei city, she is an idiotic princess.”