Thread: Li Dao Te Jing- Rural Hero [Jackie Lui, Roger Kwok, Jessica Hsuan, Fiona Yuen]

Default Li Dao Te Jing- Rural Hero [Jackie Lui, Roger Kwok, Jessica Hsuan, Fiona Yuen]

http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/rural/index.htm

Theme video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS6sM1Gi0H4

Has anyone watched this 1998 serial? Please share your opinions.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Oh wow, here I was just watching this serial thinking it's pretty laid-back and then BAM! It's actually a good drama and apparently very underrated given the response to this thread.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Actually I've seen this series, naturally since I'm a Jessica fan, in my opinion its not one of Jessica's best series but I still quite enjoyed it. Actually I enjoyed Jessica & Roger's brother-sister relationship in this series the most, more then her love relationship with Jackie Lui.

The only person (character & actress) whom I couldn't stand in this series is that girl who played Jackie's first love interest, the teacher, she was horrible, acting and look wise, I just couldn't understand why three guys (at seperate times) could like her. They could have casted someone much better then her, actually I was rooting for Roger to like Fiona instead.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

I agree that this isn't Jessica's (or any of the leads') best series, but she certainly puts in a solid performance along with almost everyone else except Miss HK runner-up Chillie Poon who's a real bore. Actually I don't think Jackie did a very good job either. Some of his expressions of displeasure look too forced. I was hoping Roger would have a chance with Fiona as well, but I think he's too occupied about his past catching up with him and Fiona's still stuck on Billy anyway. The storyline is interesting with nice and natural pacing; something is always happening or potentially set up to develop.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I loved this series! mostly because of jessica xuan .....watched it years ago...i remember this 1 part when she was yelling at the guy for leaving and when later realized she was mistaken and became very awkward....hilarious

Sutisa,

Abt your sig, maybe i'm biased but i think she and wong hei have amazing chemistry too maybe even more...they are my fav tvb thespians so i'm inclined to give them credit.
    Last edited by c13:4567; 01-05-07 at 08:12 AM.
    路漫漫,长伴......

C'mon get ready......the future is now, the past is gone forever.....

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    I loved this series! mostly because of jessica xuan .....watched it years ago...i remember this 1 part when she was yelling at the guy for leaving and when later realized she was mistaken and became very awkward....hilarious

Sutisa,

Abt your sig, maybe i'm biased but i think she and wong hei have amazing chemistry too maybe even more...they are my fav tvb thespians so i'm inclined to give them credit.
    Oh! I'm fully aware that Jess and Wong Hei have great chemistry in AMOC, from time to time I still go back and watch over their scenes, even in their last scene, where she's tied to the pier and his on the boat, I can still feel their chemistry and they were pretty far apart. I feel like swimming with her to find Wong Hei.

Actually she has great chemistry with a lot of her male co-stars eg.gallen lo in GF, Nick Cheung in Game of deceit, Jason Wu in eternity, Bobby in Witness to a prosecution and now Dicey Business. my list goes on. oh only co-star that us Jess fans have a problem with is Joe ma.

But, (as you can tell I really adore Jessica) my first Jessica series is ASITP, with Louis Koo. I liked her in that series so much I became an instant fan. Well if you've seen ASITP, you will know that Jess doesn't appear that much in the series, mostly at the start and at the end, but the few scenes that I saw Jess and Louis together, were my faves. Next series I watched was DIF4, I was sold, which gives you my answer as to why my sig says what it says.

Which also leads me back to Rural hero, when I watched this series, I absolutely loved Jess chemistry with Roger. Even though it was a brother-sister relationship. In most series that I watch, I find it rare that siblings have any kind of chemistry together, where they are both not leads, I mean we know that their brothers or sisters cas thats what the scripts tells us but they don't ever feel like real siblings. (only other case that I've seen is Jessica and Michelle is GF). When I watched this series I used to think why couldn't Jess and Roger do a series together, they have so much chemistry. Luckily Square Pegs came along and rejustified my thought.

My fave scene in Rural Hero, though only a small one, is the scene where Roger teases Jess in the kitchen about only lasting two months at her new job before she gets fired, which would just be enough to cover for the camera that they bought. If I remember correctly, I think she tries to stuff biscuits in his mouth. Such a cute scene.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

OMG i hate that actress that played the Teacher too, she has a really annoying voice and her acting was quite dull....yeah jackie only did an average job i think...or is it just the character he played wasnt appealing enough....

haha i thought ppl would like the chemistry btw jessica and roger more in "small pegs" (can't really remember the name)

Quote Originally Posted by Anekin
    OMG i hate that actress that played the Teacher too, she has a really annoying voice and her acting was quite dull....yeah jackie only did an average job i think...or is it just the character he played wasnt appealing enough....

haha i thought ppl would like the chemistry btw jessica and roger more in "small pegs" (can't really remember the name)
    Yeah that actress was horrible, which is probably why she never got to act in any other series as second lead. Or even a main supporting role. Thank God.

Oh that series you're talking about is "Square Pegs", and I do love their chemistry in that series too, but that was chemistry between male and female leads, which is a lot more common, I was more surprised with their chemistry in Rural Hero cas they played siblings, which I wasn't expecting. But it made the experience of watching this series just that more enjoyable.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

I finished rewatching this series and really enjoyed it. I love the chemistry between the casts and couldn't stop smiling during the Sum-Chung scenes. I thought they were so cute together . I think Jessica and Jackie look good together, as she does with Louis (the only co-star I don't like her with is Joe Ma, but that's OT and for another day!)

Chillie Poon was kinda bland, but I'm sorta glad Shun ended up with her character because Kam was kinda annoying even until the end. The veteran actors were great, especially Lau Kong as Sum's father.

And I adore the theme song by Eason Chan, I thought it was very meaningful.
    玉木宏

blog

I've seen it...

Don't remember a lick about it tho....

QF
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

I thought this series was pretty good. Roger, the guy who played Roger's younger brother, and Fiona was pretty good. I like Jessica and Jackie but I don't think they stand out as much in this series.