Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations ( Add your own! )

Post Recommendations ( Add your own! )

Hello, this thread will be for recommending novels that you have read and think others would be interested in looking at. I'll start with a few that I have read some of and enjoyed. I would appreciate it if we stuck to the same style of recommendations with the template I use below.

Mortal Cultivation Pass - Forgotten Language
    A young boy attempts to enter a martial arts sect but slightly fails, on chance he becomes the disciple of the doctor in the sect. One day as he is walking in the mountains he finds a small green bottle.

2,440 Chapters ( Completed ), I've read around 100 chapters but it became hard to read using google translate so I've taken a break from reading it.

http://tw.hjwzw.com/Book/1644

Martial World - Cocoon Cattle
    A boy has been practicing martial arts with relatively no success because of his below average talent, until he finds a strange cube.

1,915 Chapters ( In Progress ), I've read around 800 chapters and really enjoyed it. Reads similar to Swallowed Star if you've read around 300 chapters or more you'll know what I mean.

http://tw.hjwzw.com/Book/32234

Wu Lian Peak - Momo
    A boy has a problem learning martial arts and is stuck in one of the most basic stages, because of this he is bullied often. However one day his pillow turns into a strange black book with golden pages.

2,070 Chapters ( In Progress ), I've read around 440 chapters and it's quite enjoyable except for the fact that it gets a little repetitive with him getting sent off to some random place for whatever reason.

http://tw.hjwzw.com/Book/32266

Guards Cthulhu - Mars Gravity
    A boy is being chased by a lot of martial artists because he holds the poison beads. He jumps off a cliff to not let any of them have it, but he wakes up in the body of a boy with the same name in another world, but he has kept the poison beads.

222 Chapters ( In Progress ), I've read all of the chapters and really enjoyed it.

http://tw.hjwzw.com/List/%E9%80%86%E...82%AA%E7%A5%9E

Are any of these translated?

None sadly. You'll have to get by with google translate or by asking someone to translate them for you, if not yourself.

It will be great if someone translate one of those series...
    Let's hope someone does...

Did you read them all using google translate? Or are you able to read them without it? If you did read it with google translate, how was the experience, understandable or makes no sense? If you can naturally read them without google translate, then sad news for me.

Was wandering if someone could recommend something similar to those series, but translated in English completely translated series are preferred

No thank you for machine translations mind****, here are some I recommend even though you've probably read them all : 1. Stellar Transformations 2. Coiling Dragon 3. Swallowed Star 4. Doulou Dalu 5. Law of the Devil 6. God of Thunder(new one but promising) 7. Zhan Long 8. Zhu Xian I think summaries are unecessary and I've listed them according to my ranking

Quote Originally Posted by (yoYo) View Post
    No thank you for machine translations mind****, here are some I recommend even though you've probably read them all : 1. Stellar Transformations 2. Coiling Dragon 3. Swallowed Star 4. Doulou Dalu 5. Law of the Devil 6. God of Thunder(new one but promising) 7. Zhan Long 8. Zhu Xian I think summaries are unecessary and I've listed them according to my ranking
    Zhu Xian No.1 FTW!Everything else is nothing compared to that one(realistic emotions and reactions unlike the eternal laughing in 99% of wuxia/xianxia) and the fights are epic and blood chilling sometimes
    Last edited by Bludflag; 02-21-15 at 11:59 AM.

I have read the first 5 and love them. Will give the other 3 a shot to see if i like them

Quote Originally Posted by Bludflag View Post
    Zhu Xia No.1 FTW!Everything else is nothing compared to that one(realistic emotions and reactions unlike the eternal laughing in 99% of wuxia/xianxia) and the fights are epic and blood chilling sometimes
    It's so sloooow.. and in earlier translations some fights are poorly describe like I don't know who's flying, who's on the ground, what's somebody doing at te moment cuz fights are not 1on1 and I get te feeling some things are missing, like what happened with the attack in a fight. Besides that it's always like "What do you have to say for yourself?"....MC : ...silence...

I still like it though but because of the above it's on the bottom of my list, about the wuxia/xianxia "laughing" I actually like that cuz it gives the feeling of chinese something like old Jackie Chan movies and for the emotions they're both shallow so I stick with more pure fighting wuxia/xianxia

It's so sloooow.. and in earlier translations some fights are poorly describe like I don't know who's flying, who's on the ground, what's somebody doing at te moment cuz fights are not 1on1 and I get te feeling some things are missing, like what happened with the attack in a fight. Besides that it's always like "What do you have to say for yourself?"....MC : ...silence...

I still like it though but because of the above it's on the bottom of my list, about the wuxia/xianxia "laughing" I actually like that cuz it gives the feeling of chinese something like old Jackie Chan movies and for the emotions they're both shallow so I stick with more pure fighting wuxia/xianxia
    I do not remember any attacks that simply dissapeared,although most got absorbed by his black stick(no jokes please).There are about 4-6 fights with multiple people at once.It is a lot of 1 vs 1,but yeah the grammar should have been better and the wording is a bit weird so it maeks it awkward to read(especially since on the Jade Dynasty forums the translator used Englishized names while outside of speech,but in speech it seems he/she used the Chinese honorifics/names(rarely the English ones) which lead to great confusion on my part(took me like 15 chapters to get that cluster**** un****ed).

I read using google translate. If you are any good at english and have english as your first language or are very confident, I reccomend trying to read a few chapters to see if it makes sense and if you are interested. ( Like 3-5 chapters )

Quote Originally Posted by Chrume View Post
    I read using google translate. If you are any good at english and have english as your first language or are very confident, I reccomend trying to read a few chapters to see if it makes sense and if you are interested. ( Like 3-5 chapters )
    Unfortunately I've read a couple of MT chaps from Arifureta, LMS cuz I was too eager for updates and ofc regreted it. Reading is for enjoyment not torture. I don't see what my English has to do with reading MT's, there are people who can't stand novels with bad grammar let alone MT's.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...n#.VOiVp3yG_Ck just got this from similar threads.

is Zhu xian realy good to read, can some1 tell me the detail or synopsis to make me motivate to read Zhu xian???

Quote Originally Posted by KusanagiGodou View Post
    is Zhu xian realy good to read, can some1 tell me the detail or synopsis to make me motivate to read Zhu xian???
    Just try reading the first 15 chapters at http://jd-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...741#post394874
    I beleive you should like it if you want a story(don`t concentrate on typos and grammar mistakes which while slight piled up in the 18 pages of translations).I was confused by names because they used the English names from the game while not talking yet while talking you suddenly see Shijie(which is explained but you forget it because 5 other notes follow up immediately).All in all a hassle to start reading but worth it once you get caught up to chapter 80(currently translated at spcnet since the forums aforementioned stopped translating).Best of luck if you decide to read
    P.Ss Sorry for the long post was too excited

Unfortunately I've read a couple of MT chaps from Arifureta, LMS cuz I was too eager for updates and ofc regreted it. Reading is for enjoyment not torture. I don't see what my English has to do with reading MT's, there are people who can't stand novels with bad grammar let alone MT's.
    Google translating chinese is around 100 times better then japanese. It's SOOOOOOOO much easier to read google translated chinese. Compared to korean or japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrume View Post
    Google translating chinese is around 100 times better then japanese. It's SOOOOOOOO much easier to read google translated chinese. Compared to korean or japanese.
    true but I can tolerate a bit of bad grammar at best, only if I was already into some story and translations stopped would I read chinese MT's

Make Glorious Rebirth of Burning - Dead Horizon
    Embers has played the most popular virtual mmorpg for the past 5 years and has had many experiences, mostly bad. On the fifth anniversary as he tries to log into the game his character has been changed into the first character he used from the first two weeks of the game being released. Taking off the game headgear he finds out he has been sent five years into the past.

610 Chapters ( Completed ), I've read 70 chapters so far and I REALLY enjoy it. I think it is better then Zhan Long if your looking for a online game novel.

http://tw.hjwzw.com/Book/35083

Could u add a link for a google translated one for them? im not good at finding them >.<