Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Slaughter God (屠神) by HuoShuGaGa (火树嘎嘎) (Cracking Of Tree On Fire)

its great its interesting thanks for the chapter james shi

Because the novel wasn't popular author decided to suspend it at under 200 chapters or so... Announcement:
    This book is not very good from start to upload results, shelves is completely let me despair, subscribe low than I expected, although I have to go back and revise, still can not change the result.

Originally thought can hope in traditional publishing, but in the end because of poor sales were told ahead of the end.

Various show, this book has been a complete failure, so its been dragged half dead, as it is reluctantly suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by talper View Post
    Because the novel wasn't popular author decided to suspend it at under 200 chapters or so... Announcement:
    http://www.quickmeme.com/img/48/487f...9b754048b0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by talper View Post
    oh damn, why was it on the popular list? :|

I thought it was completed since chapter 200 was listed as end.
    Last edited by James Shi; 02-24-15 at 09:40 AM.
    Read more of my translations at PegasusFarts.

Will you continue with this project or are you looking for something new, because it's suspended?

Okay, I went to read the last couple words of the last chapter. Dude ended the story in a cliffhanger so I won't call it suspended per say. What do you guys think? Continue working on this or should I try a new project? Or should I release 2 chapters of this a week and start looking for a new project to do in the meantime?

What type of project are you looking for? VMMORPG? Xianxia? Fantasy/Magic? World conquest stuff?

Because your speed is comperatively fast, you might want to take on a long-term project. Anyway here is the list I have found when looking for XianXia novels:
    relluickuo
    Are you looking for RAWs? Other than RAWs, there aren't many good XianXia that are translated.
    All RAWs below.
    Best one I've read thus far is Tempered Immortal. It's basically about a really smart normal guy who doesn't have smart root (what's required to become immortal) trying to become an immortal. It's more about strategies and intelligence than just overpowering the opponents (it still happens sometimes). http://shushu.com.cn/b_nfg.htm
    Cut Immortal is about a guy who was close to being immortal sent back in time (only his memories). He starts over with all of his previous memories and tries to change his past. This is like I Eat Tomatoes novels where the main character is super overpowered. http://shushu.com.cn/b_vfa.htm
    There is a new novel by I Eat Tomatoes called Mang Huang Ji (I've no idea how to translate this, Rash Uncultivated Period). It's basically Coiling Dragon+Swallowed Star+Stellar Transformation all mixed together. I've read the other three and this is definitely the best one. It's about a kid reincarnated trying to become immortal. http://shushu.com.cn/b_x2w.htm
    You can read the right side for some more recommendations.
    All three are not finished yet and I have to say all the good ones are not done. I read the synopsis of few finished ones and didn't like them. The only completed ones I read are by I Eat Tomatoes. The main characters still have tons of growth potential at the end of Coiling Dragon and Swallowed Star. I think most of these novels are more about the journey than the ending anyway.

All three novel sound awesome ^^!

Mang Huang Ji sounds cool? But adding SS to the mix is kinda meh.Don't get me wrong i like SS but in combination with CD+ST...i don't see how it fits.Also from what i see is ranked 3 right now on that site.

So while i'm at this,i will throw this here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
    武炼巅峰(MT is Wu Lian Peak) by 莫默. Link here and it updates on average twice a day.

Usual Xian Xia stuff with added relationship problems. MC is a failure until he finds a black book which mysteriously heals him from a disability that kept him from practicing. He is also a bit of a playboy eventually, but it never detracts from his goal of pursuing the martial arts to their peak. He may annoy you with being a little too "genius" and lucky though.
    Last edited by episod3ux; 02-24-15 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Link.
    Shipping Linley x Delia | My MAL profile | Got nothing to read? Recommendations.

MY Opinion is if the story stop with cliffhanger it's better to look for another project...

And the 4 story that talper and episod3ux recomended sound pretty good.. Choose one that you most enjoy it...

Such a pity. and it showed such promise too...

I'am no fan of 武炼巅峰(MT is Wu Lian Peak) by 莫默. I read 66 chapter of MT so i have "some" insights. To give you an example how the novel is: there are power stages like CT. The MC finds this book and gets a power up in his training-style - "power up to next stage" - what to do ? ... oh there is a new power up in the book, now that he is lvl 2 ... - "power up to next stage" - new power up in book - repeat to infinity .... . That's the main plot till I read... . It's as if every Power up Linley ever had would come because of his Coiling Dragon ring....

Zlack is right. I too don't hold Wu Lian Peak in high regard. Its progress is pretty boring.

I would say go with Mang Huang Ji, All of tamato's work to this point has been awesome so i can see it instantly becomming very popular here I would certainly love to read all his work.

Hmmm, I'll read Mang Huang Ji (Period of Chaos?) and translate it if I like a couple chapters. (I guess I should try not to translate as I'm reading since there's a problem with the made up terms....)

I'll continue working on Slaughter God, just slower I guess.

^So if you aren't 100% set to translated yet i will bring this on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrume View Post
    Make Glorious Rebirth of Burning - Dead Horizon
    Embers has played the most popular virtual mmorpg for the past 5 years and has had many experiences, mostly bad. On the fifth anniversary as he tries to log into the game his character has been changed into the first character he used from the first two weeks of the game being released. Taking off the game headgear he finds out he has been sent five years into the past.

610 Chapters ( Completed ), I've read 70 chapters so far and I REALLY enjoy it. I think it is better then Zhan Long if your looking for a online game novel.

http://tw.hjwzw.com/Book/35083
    Since yea Mang Huang Ji has 1563 chapters up to date,way too many if you ask me.
    Shipping Linley x Delia | My MAL profile | Got nothing to read? Recommendations.

I've put a poll on my website if I should continue translating Slaughter God. I came across this one novel which seemed to be interesting. Basically about a cosplayer dude who got sent back in time and became the son in law of LuBu.

I am debating about rather to do the MangHuangJi (Period of chaos? Era of desolation?), BaiLianChengXian (Tempered immortal?, Immortality through hundreds of refinements?), or WoDeYueFuDaRenJiaoLuBu (My Father in Law is LuBu)

Quote Originally Posted by James Shi View Post
    I've put a poll on my website if I should continue translating Slaughter God. I came across this one novel which seemed to be interesting. Basically about a cosplayer dude who got sent back in time and became the son in law of LuBu.

I am debating about rather to do the MangHuangJi (Period of chaos? Era of desolation?), BaiLianChengXian (Tempered immortal?, Immortality through hundreds of refinements?), or WoDeYueFuDaRenJiaoLuBu (My Father in Law is LuBu)
    are all 3 Xianxia?
    can u give some kind of synopsis for the 3?

Since I like smart MCs I will cast my die on Tempered Immortal