Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Slaughter God (屠神) by HuoShuGaGa (火树嘎嘎) (Cracking Of Tree On Fire)

I really hope you don't continue Slaughter God. Too much effort for it only to end at a cliffhanger half done. You will also get way less of a following since we know the story isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by xanius View Post
    I really hope you don't continue Slaughter God. Too much effort for it only to end at a cliffhanger half done. You will also get way less of a following since we know the story isn't going anywhere.
    I will read practically anything that has been translated. That said I have to admit knowing that this is abandoned puts a damper on my enthusiasm. My vote (and I've voted on the website) is stop translating and pick up something else. There are plenty of other great novels that are either complete or still being actively written. Go for one of those instead. You already have several recommendations in the previous thread. I'll throw up the couple that I liked here:

无极剑神 - Already said it intrigued you.
    傲世九重天 - Don't judge a novel by it's webcomic *Cough* Coiling Dragon, Douluo Dalu *Cough*

Duo Po Can Qing (Battle Through the Heavens) - I still want to see this get more TLC. Maybe GoodGuyPerson would be willing to hand it off? This is me being selfish though :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Catahn View Post
    I will read practically anything that has been translated. That said I have to admit knowing that this is abandoned puts a damper on my enthusiasm. My vote (and I've voted on the website) is stop translating and pick up something else. There are plenty of other great novels that are either complete or still being actively written. Go for one of those instead. You already have several recommendations in the previous thread. I'll throw up the couple that I liked here:

无极剑神 - Already said it intrigued you.
    傲世九重天 - Don't judge a novel by it's webcomic *Cough* Coiling Dragon, Douluo Dalu *Cough*

Duo Po Can Qing (Battle Through the Heavens) - I still want to see this get more TLC. Maybe GoodGuyPerson would be willing to hand it off? This is me being selfish though :P.
    I don`t think BTTH needs translation correction(that`s what TLC is...).I also seem unable to find the poll.I guess I`m blind?

It doesn't really end on a cliffhanger. It ends similar to dbz last episode where the great grand children are fighting eachother in the tournament. It was rushed at the end with a forced power up though, but the mc objective was completed. The ending just leaves room for a second installment.

莽荒纪 (Mang Huang Ji) is still ongoing web novel by IET, but last week or two, he said that it should reach the finale in a month or two. Having read it using MT, I think the most appropriate title should be 'The Ultimate Martial Art' or 'The Ultimate Way of Martial Art'.

Having read almost all IET's novels, I would say that Mang Huang Ji is worthy to be rank at top 2 of his works, along with 'Stellar Transformation'. Due personal taste, I put it as #2, a very close 2nd at that, but once again it's my personal taste.

In Mang Huang Ji, practically almost all the who's who of Chinese legend made an appearance (or a mention), including our resident immortal LuDongBin. It is EPIC. It has mobile game adaption available for iOS and Android, and animated series in planning.
    Last edited by dexter64; 02-25-15 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludflag View Post
    I don`t think BTTH needs translation correction(that`s what TLC is...).I also seem unable to find the poll.I guess I`m blind?

Oops, I was unfamiliar with that use of TLC. I meant Tender Loving Care (TLC). :P

Quote Originally Posted by Catahn View Post
    Oops, I was unfamiliar with that use of TLC. I meant Tender Loving Care (TLC). :P
    I can see why it would need tender loving care...
    Gravity team seems to focus only on Zhan Long(probably because people keep throwing donations at it).I miss the times when people who took 2 projects translated them equally(not limited to wuxia/xianxia)...

I can see why it would need tender loving care...
    Gravity team seems to focus only on Zhan Long(probably because people keep throwing donations at it).I miss the times when people who took 2 projects translated them equally(not limited to wuxia/xianxia)...
    I think it has more to do with Icarus trying to steal the translation of Zhan Long. I think they made the smart decision to give regular ZL updates to discourage that inappropriate behavior and consolidate their fan base.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Quote Originally Posted by Grundle View Post
    I think it has more to do with Icarus trying to steal the translation of Zhan Long. I think they made the smart decision to give regular ZL updates to discourage that inappropriate behavior and consolidate their fan base.
    True,that would be na explanation but the fact that their release schedule is about once in 2 weeks is a bummer to my mood(a slap to the face considering their original indication that they would try one chapter a week).
    EDIT:Seems that they kep up the once a chapter(whethet they promised or not they release about once a week).I guess it`s good that I checked(my Internet is the slowest I remember without outright not having connection),basically a miracle

EDIT2oesn`t matter what the speed of TL is,it is too slow for my addicted brain (it even seemed to me that we got like a chapter biweekly,so I know it`s bad).
    Last edited by Bludflag; 02-25-15 at 05:13 PM.

True,that would be na explanation but the fact that their release schedule is about once in 2 weeks is a bummer to my mood(a slap to the face considering their original indication that they would try one chapter a week).
    EDIT:Seems that they kep up the once a chapter(whethet they promised or not they release about once a week).I guess it`s good that I checked(my Internet is the slowest I remember without outright not having connection),basically a miracle

EDIT2oesn`t matter what the speed of TL is,it is too slow for my addicted brain (it even seemed to me that we got like a chapter biweekly,so I know it`s bad).
    I agree that no matter how fast the speed of TL is *Cough* Ren *Cough* it isn't slow enough for me. Which is probably good because then I wouldn't get anything done. If BTTH is getting 2 chapters a week then that is better than I thought. For some reason I thought it was slower than that. Maybe because it gets compared to Zhan Long which gets multiple chapters a day? /shrug. Maybe I'm just too spoiled with Douluo Dalu getting a chapter every day / every other day and CD getting 3 chapters a day.

You guys are most certainly spoiled. I don't know about other translators but if I give it my all, I could probably produce 3-5 chapters a day. However, that's assuming that I translate the Chinese text literally and not try to change the structure of the text to English (although my grammars still sucked). However, since I do have a life (I'm taking 7 classes yo) and translating is not sustainable currently (yet to have made a cent), the most I can do is a chapter a day.

Having said that, I think I might continue doing Slaughter God and slow the release speed down to 1 chapter a week. I'm doing a chapter or 2 of ST a week. Also picked up two new projects: My Father in Law is Lu Bu and Age of Desolation. I will be releasing a chapter of the former and 2-3 chapters of the latter every week.

Man, can't wait till I can put ad on my site
    Read more of my translations at PegasusFarts.

Quote Originally Posted by James Shi View Post
    You guys are most certainly spoiled. I don't know about other translators but if I give it my all, I could probably produce 3-5 chapters a day. However, that's assuming that I translate the Chinese text literally and not try to change the structure of the text to English (although my grammars still sucked). However, since I do have a life (I'm taking 7 classes yo) and translating is not sustainable currently (yet to have made a cent), the most I can do is a chapter a day.

Having said that, I think I might continue doing Slaughter God and slow the release speed down to 1 chapter a week. I'm doing a chapter or 2 of ST a week. Also picked up two new projects: My Father in Law is Lu Bu and Age of Desolation. I will be releasing a chapter of the former and 2-3 chapters of the latter every week.

thanks thats great
    just dont take more then u can handle and keep a steady pace u dont have to be fast just steady and consistent

WARNING: I don't think 'Age of Desolation' is appropriate title for Mang Huang Ji.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter64 View Post
    WARNING: I don't think 'Age of Desolation' is appropriate title for Mang Huang Ji.
    That's the literal translation of the title... what else do you want it to be?

I think Age of Desolation is an appropriate translation of the title. 莽荒纪 ; 莽 refers to weeds/overgrowth, 荒 means desolate; 纪 means period/era. Put them all together, and 'Age of Desolation' is quite appropriate.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

That's the literal translation of the title... what else do you want it to be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    I think Age of Desolation is an appropriate translation of the title. 莽荒纪 ; 莽 refers to weeds/overgrowth, 荒 means desolate; 纪 means period/era. Put them all together, and 'Age of Desolation' is quite appropriate.
    莽荒纪 (Mang Huang Ji) is still ongoing web novel by IET, but last week or two, he said that it should reach the finale in a month or two. Having read it using MT, I think the most appropriate title should be 'The Ultimate Martial Art' or 'The Ultimate Way of Martial Art'.

I don't read Chinese so even though 'Age of Desolation' is the literal translation, but I still think it's not the right title. Let's not forget that it's web novel and IET wrote like 12 chapters per week, so he has to come out with a title 1st, but along the way the novel grow beyond the title. Personally, I think 'Age of Desolation' is correct for like the 1st 11%-50% of the novel and maybe the last book (being written). 'The Ultimate Martial Art' or 'The Ultimate Way of Martial Art', I think it feels right all the time.

'The Pursuit of Ultimate Power' also can be considered.

It's only my opinion though.
    Last edited by dexter64; 02-25-15 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter64 View Post

I don't read Chinese so even though 'Age of Desolation' is the literal translation, but I still think it's not the right title. Let's not forget that it's web novel and IET wrote like 12 chapters per week, so he has to come out with a title 1st, but along the way the novel grow beyond the title. Personally, I think 'Age of Desolation' is correct for like the 1st 11%-50% of the novel and maybe the last book (being written). 'The Ultimate Martial Art' or 'The Ultimate Way of Martial Art', I think it feels right all the time.

'The Pursuit of Ultimate Power' also can be considered.

It's only my opinion though.
    Age of Desolation sounds cooler in my book. I'd vote for that for the title

I saw this thread and go to James website to see the synopsis of Meng Huang Ji, and now instead of waiting for it I found myself waiting for 'My Father in Law is LuBu'...All because the synopsis got me hooked on the very first line "Cosplayer Liu Mang accidently pass through time and arrived at the Eastern Han Dynasty wearing Aries Gold Cloth. (Saint Seiya!) "... I mean wow imagine arriving on ancient Chinese battlefield on full plate western style armour and it's gold to boot!!

Quote Originally Posted by al3xid View Post
    I saw this thread and go to James website to see the synopsis of Meng Huang Ji, and now instead of waiting for it I found myself waiting for 'My Father in Law is LuBu'...All because the synopsis got me hooked on the very first line "Cosplayer Liu Mang accidently pass through time and arrived at the Eastern Han Dynasty wearing Aries Gold Cloth. (Saint Seiya!) "... I mean wow imagine arriving on ancient Chinese battlefield on full plate western style armour and it's gold to boot!!
    That's the exact reason why I started reading it. First chapter was awesome.... but also very hard to translate. I would have to do it slowly this weekend. It seems this novel might be written in modern Chinese slangs and classical Chinese speech.... I would have to sit down and think hard about how to translate them correctly... Chances are, it might be the one that'll be the longest to translate (IET's novel is actually rather easy to translate...)

ps. The armor seemed to be aluminum cast and gold plated or something, he was complaining why the **** was it an actual armor and weights so much

James, it looks like a new translator IEWatermellons is translating 莽荒纪. Not sure if you want to coordinate with him or do something else.