Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Slaughter God (屠神) by HuoShuGaGa (火树嘎嘎) (Cracking Of Tree On Fire)

Quote Originally Posted by Catahn View Post
    James, it looks like a new translator IEWatermellons is translating 莽荒纪. Not sure if you want to coordinate with him or do something else.
    Time for 10 chapters this weekend.
    Read more of my translations at PegasusFarts.

Quote Originally Posted by James Shi View Post
    Yay! And 10 chapters of what?

Yay! And 10 chapters of what?
    No idea yet, I'm debating. Should I find another novel to do? Since chances are, if I try to compete with the dude who just one upped me, I won't be fast enough as I'm taking 7 classes right now.

Time to check what other novels are good....

As my girlfriend said: 'you should not have posted that you were going to do it before you release it or other people is going to do it first'

I did parts of the translation and started feeling bad since my the other dude's grammar is better than mine :\
    Last edited by James Shi; 02-26-15 at 11:20 PM.

No idea yet, I'm debating. Should I find another novel to do? Since chances are, if I try to compete with the dude who just one upped me, I won't be fast enough as I'm taking 7 classes right now.

As my girlfriend said: 'you should not have posted that you were going to do it before you release it or other people is going to do it first'

I did parts of the translation and started feeling bad since my the other dude's grammar is better than mine :\
    Maybe see if you can't find what novels 仙逆(Xian Ni) or 傲世九重天(Ao Shi Jiu Chong Tian) are based on. Baka-Updates says they are based on a novel, but have no links to those novels.(Or even the names of those novels)

From the manhua that has been released so far for these series, they both look very interesting. Joy of Life may also be a possibility. Of course something like Terror Infinity would definitely be interesting.

If you are going to do a different one you should do this one as it sounds good by the synopsis that was given on page 4 of this thread, http://tw.hjwzw.com/Book/35083

IET's first book has never been translated as far as I know.

http://shushu.com.cn/xingfengchuanshuo/

Let me poke around some more.

Chinese only right?

To get money. You need to pull a ren (no offense). Do like 2 chapters a week and make us bribe you for more :O)

Isn't IET considered only the #3 xianxia writer in China? Who is above him? What have they written?
    Last edited by Thernn; 02-27-15 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thernn View Post
    IET's first book has never been translated as far as I know.

http://shushu.com.cn/xingfengchuanshuo/

Let me poke around some more.

Chinese only right?

To get money. You need to pull a ren (no offense). Do like 2 chapters a week and make us bribe you for more :O)

Isn't IET considered only the #3 xianxia writer in China? Who is above him? What have they written?
    I know .
    if you would bribe me, that's awesome. I was initially thinking about asking for bribe after reaching 1-2volumes :\

Ummm, Third young master of the Tang family is... and silkworm potato.... blood red is below him

ps. I'll finish chapter 1 of age of desolation and put a poll if you guys want me to continue...
    personally, I would love to work on My Father in Law is Lu Bu but.... IET's novels would get more more hits :\
    Last edited by James Shi; 02-27-15 at 12:12 AM.

I know .
    if you would bribe me, that's awesome. I was initially thinking about asking for bribe after reaching 1-2volumes :\

Ummm, Third young master of the Tang family is... and silkworm potato.... blood red is below him
    You could probably get away with one volume. The most important thing is to have your own website like ren. This allows your translation to be tracked by a number of websites like Mangaupdates.com. I suspect this is where many of his new readers come from. He is ranked #3 for popularity on that site.

I would have recommended Chronicles of a Mad God but it was just picked up. However the translator may have gone MIA. I'd give him a month. Let me look into those authors you mentioned and poke around more. There are a number of projects I'd love to ask you to translate but they are occupied by turtle speed translators X).

Edit: You could always ask if Gravity Translations is willing to hand you BTTH. They've barely started and they focus on Zhan Long. They might be willing if your polite and because it isn't their main focus. Never know :|
    Last edited by Thernn; 02-27-15 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thernn View Post
    You could probably get away with one volume. The most important thing is to have your own website like ren. This allows your translation to be tracked by a number of websites like Mangaupdates.com. I suspect this is where many of his new readers come from. He is ranked #3 for popularity on that site.

I would have recommended Chronicles of a Mad God but it was just picked up. However the translator may have gone MIA. I'd give him a month. Let me look into those authors you mentioned and poke around more. There are a number of projects I'd love to ask you to translate but they are occupied by turtle speed translators X).

Edit: You could always ask if Gravity Translations is willing to hand you BTTH. They've barely started and they focus on Zhan Long. They might be willing if your polite and because it isn't their main focus. Never know :|
    Already does. PegasusFarts is the site

I was trying to pick up novels that no one is working on... but maybe it's better to do something that someone is already working on?

I was trying to pick up novels that no one is working on... but maybe it's better to do something that someone is already working on?
    Yes I saw . No I would definitely recommend unstarted novels. But you would be fine with barely started novels like BTTH. You could just retranslate them so you have all the chapters on your site. Readers are lazy leechers and don't like to go hunting.

Nah, I like your style and you translate plenty fast. Writing skills can always improve with practice so don't worry about that. I know that from my current experience of a novel.

I'd totally be down with you picking your own project and going for it solo. What I think you need to do is once you do pick it create a new thread with a brief summary so that other people know that you are working on it.

P.S. I still vote for 傲世九重天 as it looks cool to me. Or BTTH, while I can't speak for GoodGuyPerson he may be open to giving you the project as he's fairly heavily focused on Zhan Long.

Nah, I like your style and you translate plenty fast. Writing skills can always improve with practice so don't worry about that. I know that from my current experience of a novel.

I'd totally be down with you picking your own project and going for it solo. What I think you need to do is once you do pick it create a new thread with a brief summary so that other people know that you are working on it.

P.S. I still vote for 傲世九重天 as it looks cool to me. Or BTTH, while I can't speak for GoodGuyPerson he may be open to giving you the project as he's fairly heavily focused on Zhan Long.
    I agree. Catahn's rec looks interesting. I would recommend either that or asking GGP if you can take over BTTH. Mad God ( Guy who wrote Duoluo Dalu) would be great if it turns out the current translator went MIA. He only did three chapters but it is too early to say if he is MIA.

Off-topic: Would either of you happen to know a Xianxia novel with a female heroine. I thought it might be an interesting twist to have some female booty kicking. Doesn't have to be translated. I've gotten pretty proficient with MTL.

If I start focusing on My Father in Law is Lu Bu, would you guys be willing to read it? I have read 2 chapters and it seemed pretty good. There's over 600 chapters of it out already.

or I'll ask about GoodGuyPerson about that BTTH thing....

If I start focusing on My Father in Law is Lu Bu, would you guys be willing to read it? I have read 2 chapters and it seemed pretty good. There's over 600 chapters of it out already.

That's the cosplayer lost in time one right? To be honest... I don't know. The premise doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in. That said if you translated it I'd probably read a chapter or two before making a final decision.

Edit: Ah shoot I just realized I mixed up my wuxia manhua. 神印王座 is the one you said looked interesting. I'd be happy with 神印王座, BTTH or 傲世九重天 In that order. Again though translate something that you will enjoy translating as well as us reading.
    Last edited by Catahn; 02-27-15 at 01:02 AM.

I will be honest. It is not my type of story. However you should translate what makes you happy. You will get a following if you have a good translation speed.

Catahn. I'm having trouble understanding the synopsis for the two stories you recommend. What are they about?

BTTH is quite similar to Coiling Dragon in many ways. You even have the Spirit Grandpa inside a ring who trains our MC.....
    Last edited by Thernn; 02-27-15 at 01:13 AM.

From what i saw on goodguys website hes really busy with zhan long most of the time i think he brought out like 30 chapters of zhang long and "only" 2 chapters of btth while releasing zhan long? So theres a chance he might give it over~
    Last edited by Rei Shin Xia; 02-27-15 at 04:22 AM.

I would like BTTH to be translated by you,but only if you WANT to translate it(not because of the money incentive).In the case that you don`t,well there already are reccomendations

Why boot do one of the novels on the IET thread posted recently.

Not "boot" meant "not".

I'm willing to try most things, Depending on how good it is I might stop early on however, I will definitely give it a chance though

If all else fails, remember IET had 6 novels to his name and only 4 are undergoing translation atm lol
    I may not look like much, but I'm an expert at pretending to be a ninja.