Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Slaughter God (屠神) by HuoShuGaGa (火树嘎嘎) (Cracking Of Tree On Fire)

Default Slaughter God (屠神) by HuoShuGaGa (火树嘎嘎) (Cracking Of Tree On Fire)

You can find the following novel unabridged here.
    You can find the chinese raws here or here.

Thanks for the support guys. I will strive to release a minimum of 2 chapters a week.

Decided to add a synopsis:

With a pill, one could revive from the dead. With a talisman, one could overwhelm the universe. The boundless road. The perishing world. A young man with a lowly birth, one sword, one diagram, a cavity of hot blood! Dashing toward that magnificent world to strife against saints and men! Unyielding is my name, stubborn is my banner, fearing no adversity, continued persistence! In the future then it records, the slaughter of millions of gods!

My synopsis isn't the best because it's written in a form that is a bit hard to understand. Some characters I have never heard before and google translate didn't work too well either. Anyways, better than nothing. I'll fix it later, maybe?

Came across this earlier today .

Slaughter God (屠神) by HuoShuGaGa (火树嘎嘎) (Cracking Of Tree On Fire)

Chapter 0 Prologue.

Vast mountains, great rivers, ancient forests.

This vast and boundless land is full of wonders.

There are huge birds that could travel a distance of a million li (a Chinese mile, 500 meters) a day, giant beasts capable of burning down a city with but a sound and masters who could split mountains with their sword.

Men and beasts, in constant strife.

Rumors has it that there are mysterious gods, worshipped by both men and beasts, controlling the world from above.

This seemed to have always existed, difficult to be changed.

Until tonight, where the rushing rivers no longer flow, the bright moon and stars no longer shine, the constant changing clouds stopped moving. None but darkness and silence.

The calm before the storm.

As time went by, as the night falls, the pressure in the air decreases causing breathing to become difficult.

Rumble!

Suddenly, a cry rang down from the sky breaking the heavy silence. It sounded across the land and shook the earth. All the creatures felt a deep shiver from their mind and soul.

Ooh---

Its like the sky is being torn apart. A golden light appeared in the sky. Its brightness submerged all the clouds. The sky is dyed gold.

Drip drip drip..

Golden liquid falls from the sky. Like rain and snow, it sprinkled upon the boundless earth. The golden liquid gave off a beautiful shine.

Miracles, miracles!

Across the land, frightened beasts are lying on the ground. Humans, ignorant of the cause, came out of their homes and started worshiping the sky, presenting their utmost devotion.

It was at this moment, a young man shoots up toward the golden crack. He opens his palm, allowing the golden liquid to accumulate in his hands.

After some time, he looked upon the sky with his dark eyes, his face bursting with a smile.

No one saw his laugh, nor will they understand his laugh.

Even though no one saw this young man, the night remained in the hearts of the people. Many years later, people still remembered this miraculous night with the golden brilliance.

However, few knew...

That there was no miracle that night. Only that one of their worshiped god died.

That shock across the earth was caused by the slaughter of god.

That golden light rain was the gods blood.

End Prologue.

Chapter 1 will be posted sometime this weekend.
    Last edited by James Shi; 02-24-15 at 02:20 AM.

thanks james can you give a summary of the books is about?

Thank you so much James Shi, looks interesting

Also this needs to be fixed 'the bring moon and stars no longer shine'

Huhuhu, I wish your ch.25 you sent me was this well formatted at first xD Good to see you starting your own project ^_^

Looks interesting, hope to see more in the future ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by James Shi View Post
    Only that one of their worshiped god died.

Chapter 1 will be posted sometime this weekend.
    Only that one of the worshipped gods died?
    As has already been said brign-bright moon
    Thanks for the chapter James(can I call you James?)

Quote Originally Posted by ghostpeople View Post
    thanks james can you give a summary of the books is about?
    Added the synopsis. I have no idea as of yet. I'm translating as I'm reading.

Also fixed the bring to bright. Typo sorry. Hopefully I can get chapter 1 out later today when I get back from class.

Edit. back from class. should i change the title to Slay God instead. Was thinking god slayer but I'll figure when I read a bit more into the novel.
    Last edited by James Shi; 02-19-15 at 12:25 PM.

Turns out this is a tensei type story.... Sorry to disappoint. Let's hope there's still shitload of actions.
    Edited foreigner to outsider to fit the latter half of the story better. Same meaning really...
    Once again, should I change the title to Slay God or God Slayer?

Slaughter God (屠神) by HuoShuGaGa (火树嘎嘎) (Cracking Of Tree On Fire)

Chapter 1 Youngster.

Unbelievable, Miss YuZhu (her name means Rain Bamboo), the number one beauty of our fire sparrow tribe, publicly announced that shes having a marriage engagement with the outsider JiLi.

Say what? Miss YuZhu is the genius of our tribe. For centuries we have not have someone like her. How could this foreign brat be good enough a match for her?

With so many talents in our tribe and not to mention that shes the daughter of the tribal chief, how could she be in an engagement with that outsider?

Where is this JiLi? I will fight him. Ill show Miss YuZhu that Im a better match than him for her!

You? Chances are before you even reach JiLi, youll be beaten by Miss YuZhu already. Ive heard that shes very fond of him.

On this day, the fire sparrow tribe opened its nest.

Who is Miss YuZhu? Shes the daughter of the fire sparrow tribes chief, the number one beauty and the number one genius amongst the younger generation. Almost all the younger males in the tribe fell for her. Her reputation has even spread to the nearby tribes, causing an influx of people to try to win her heart.

Who is JiLi? No one knows!

However, this heavenly girl suddenly publicly announced her engagement to this unknown outsider.

Although her father, the chief, still did not acknowledge it, the explosive news of her engagement have spread across the whole fire sparrow tribe.

Upon hearing the news, countless young mens dreams are crushed, countless talented mens lives darkened. All their anger naturally came pouring down on this foreign brat JiLi.

In a tribal of thousands, hundreds of young men wanted to see what this JiLi is about and are actively searching for JiLi for a duel.

Evening. The sleepy yellow sun, like a drunk, slowly crooked away toward the western mountains.

Twilight falls in the fire sparrow river located in the forest not far from the fire sparrow tribe gleaming the river with a gorgeous shine.

Combined with the rows of red reflections of the forest, this great lake was beautifully decorated.

Although its a beautiful scenery, there rarely existed people to appreciate it.

At this point there is only a youngster in yellow lying on the coarse grass by the lake lazily chewing a straw. His hands holding the back of the head, humming an unknown song, with a preoccupied appearance.

What sadness

This youngster is none but JiLi who just attained the whole wrath of the fire sparrow tribe. However, as the main character of the event, he is not really excited being favored by the number one beauty. Instead, theres a faint melancholy look on his face.

Yes, for other youngsters this would be a great news. But it only made him distressed.

As they said women changes eighteen times growing older (its a Chinese phrase), the cute and obedient loli of my childhood turned into a big royal sister and even advanced up to a queens level. Fait accompli! She right away declared that shell be engaged to me. JiLi muttered while looking at the clear sky.

As a person crossing to this strange world with memories intact. Being born to the fire tribe of the wild, he was looking at JiLi through a young adults viewpoint growing up.
    (what?! This story is a tensei type story?!)

He vaguely remembers that when he was about six years old, that courageous loli declaring If one cant conquers the rivers lake, how could one ever conquer the world and then proceeding to drown in the lake. In a blink of an eye, a decade has pass. As for the latters growth changes, he felt saddened.

Thinking that it is partially due to him, the word karma came into his mind.

Yes, many of YuZhus ideas were taught by him. Ideas such as gender equality and everyone being free to pursue their love as a result, she is now courageously pursuing her love.

What to do now? JiLi at this point is starting to get headaches.

As for YuZhu, since they have been together since childhood, he too cannot deny that hes not attracted to her.

But in this world where strength dominants, his strength is far from being talented. Not to mention that YuZhu is known as the second genius of the fire sparrow tribe. Without doubt, once he accepted the engagement, there will be countless people issuing challenges against him. While YuZhu would protect him, he does not want to forever be a person that is being protected by his wife.

A man being protected by a woman? Thats a very sad topic.

Strength hearts entangled, JiLi slightly sighed.

Its been fifteen years since his rebirth. Gradually, he began to have a better understanding of this world.

Vast mountains, ancient forests, great rivers, strongmen, fiery beasts this world is one of chaos with tribes fighting for supremacy.

The fire sparrow tribe is located in a region southwest to a barren. It is said to be a very old tribe but with the current three thousand or so tribal members, it could only be regarded as a small tribe.

In this dangerous great barren, the greatest threat to humanity are the fierce beasts.

Fierce beast is a very powerful beast. However, not all beasts could be called fierce beast for even the weakest of the fierce beast could cause massive damage to a small tribe. In addition, when a tribe kills a fierce beast, it is qualified to gain a class title. For example, fire sparrow tribe have once killed a low level fierce beast and gained the rights to call itself MoZu. (末族, end race or mo race?)

There are many a powerful tribes controlling the great barren. In general, every accomplished tribe will have a totem made of ironwood. All the fiery beasts that the tribe hunted down will be hanged on the totem signifying strength and glory while gaining respect of other tribes.

In such a world without laws, cold cruel strength dominates.

The fire sparrow tribe is separated into the inner group and the outer group. The inner group gains access to everything first; including pills (pills that help one get stronger) and martial arts books. As for the outer group, where JiLi is part of, their status is much much lower. They pretty much have nothing.

This also led to JiLi being weak even though he have memories of his past life.

If I ever gain strength, I would first repeal the segregation of inner and outer groups! JiLi helplessly thought.
    Initially, he felt that being reborn to this world was worthwhile. He wanted to make a name for himself in this new world and even thought of some lofty ideas like building a peaceful world for human development.

But reality is cruel. Without pills or martial arts books, not to mention that he didnt really have the talent, no matter how hard he tried he never managed to get stronger. Over time he gave up.

Without parents, he have been living by for the past fifteen years. He have always been muddling along and constantly having delusions that he does not belong to this world. Until today, when YuZhu publicly announced her engagement to him did he start feeling alive again. This brought him back to the world that he is in.

Why even bother JiLi sat up on the ground, looking a little desolate.

In reality, even he vaguely understood the meanings of the engagement. YuZhu was willing to sacrifice herself to allow him to enter the inner group where he could gain various privileges and attain strength.

But with his personality, how would he ever accept such a method?

Bang!

At this moment, in JiLis heart was a little struggle. Taking a deep breath. He vented himself by punching a wooden practice stake by the river. A burning sensation follows.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Afterward, he stood with his legs open and started punching the wooden practice stake. The sound of his hand hitting the stake is like a flow of water but if one listens carefully one will notice that he is hitting the stake with a certain rhythm.

This was a method that he found out by practice. The rhythm helped him conserve energy while building up strength. After he practiced it with his friends, it have shown that he indeed gain strength a bit faster than his peers.

This is one of the advantages retaining his memories from his previous life being more mature allowed him to comprehend better than his peers.

However, this wasnt enough to close the gaps between the inner and outer groups. While he attained the status of the leader of the outer group, he is still considerably weaker than the leader of the inner group.

Currently, he have 700jin worth of strength. At the age of 15, he could even be a strongman in his previous life. Pity though that the people in the inner group all have strength greater than 700jin. YuZhu is even able to breakthrough a higher realm and is much more powerful than him.

Strength! Living without strength in this world really sucked! JiLi grasp his fists tightly, feeling furious within.

Currently with his knowledge of the realm: strength, ability and chi(energy).. he is still at the lowest tier. It is said that the power of those at the upmost is off the charts and beyond ones imagination.

Suddenly.

Right at this moment, a mysterious light flashed across him.

Right. JiLi remembered something. (dont know how to reword this. Dudes lightbulb flashed)

Around starting two years ago, he vaguely felt a different surge of energy inside his body. This surge of energy is quite strong. He suspects that it might be something that he accidentally swallowed as he came to this world.

Should I really use this energy? thinking of this, JiLi even started getting goosebumps. He even trembled a bit.

When he first discovered the energy, he even tried touching it with his psyche. Upon touching it, he was brought to extreme pain like his body being split apart. Having tried it once, he didnt dare try it again.

But he have a hunch. He thought that if he could absorb this energy even if just a bit, it would certainly be beneficial.

Of course, he also knows that it is very dangerous and could likely kill him.

With opportunities, dangers.

JiLi is nervous and hesitating.

Just for this chick, guess I have to put my life on the line. Thinking about her face and all the stuff they did together, JiLi bites his teeth, gather all his strength and punched the wooden stake. He eyesight gradually becoming steady.

Originally, he have forgotten about the energy. It wasnt until today did he remembered it again because only today did he thought that there are things more important than ones life.

JiLi have a premonition that someone like YuZhu would not be tied to such a small tribe. If he didnt have much luck, chances are hell be spending the rest of his life here. Seeing as how YuZhu treats him, he most certainly cant be a baggage to her.

Furthermore, there have always been a shadow in his heart that requires an increase in strength to remove.

If you cannot be free. If you cannot realize yourself. If you cannot even protect those around you. Then what meaning is there to being alive. Ive already died once, what is there to be afraid of? This world is different from the previous world. Everything is based on strength. Without strength, there is nothing. Like now when YuZhu asked for an engagement, because hes weak he cannot even accept it.

All these thoughts intertwined into one word

Fight! (I really want to put **** it! here since I felt this would be a better English term)

A decision has been made.

Instead of spending his mediocre life like this, might as well give it his all and fight one last time.

Of course, he still didnt know the complications that this engagement decision will bring forth. If he did, maybe he wont need such hesitation in the first place.

End. Chapter 1.
    Last edited by James Shi; 02-21-15 at 05:03 AM.

besides the fifth complex root of the zeta function

Angry wew

WOOO
    Thanks for the chapter james
    Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by someone who is lost
    People get lost in thought because it is unfamiliar territory

Her reputation have even spread to the nearby tribes, causing an influx of people to try to win her heart.
    have-has

Yes, many of YuZhus ideas was taught by him.
    was-were
    That TL`s note though xD

Can`t wait for more,thanks James

Looks interesting. Thanks!

Hey, does anyone know how to change the title? I think I want to change it to Slay God instead. Also, I noticed I made a typo on the title. Should be quacking and not cracking. (as in quacking noise.) Also, should i change his name to quacking of a fire tree or quacking of a tree on fire?

ps. Chapter 2 should be released sometime tomorrow or saturday. I'm going to take a break and relax tonight.

pps. or should I keep the title as cracking but instead add in cracking noise? because that's a bit more specific?

ppps. changed from fire bird tribe to fire sparrow tribe. Turns out 雀 is a sparrow when I searched for the picture.
    Last edited by James Shi; 02-20-15 at 12:26 AM.

Hey, does anyone know how to change the title? I think I want to change it to Slay God instead. Also, I noticed I made a typo on the title. Should be quacking and not cracking. (as in quacking noise.) Also, should i change his name to quacking of a fire tree or quacking of a tree on fire?

ps. Chapter 2 should be released sometime tomorrow or saturday. I'm going to take a break and relax tonight.

pps. or should I keep the title as cracking but instead add in cracking noise? because that's a bit more specific?

ppps. changed from fire bird tribe to fire sparrow tribe. Turns out 雀 is a sparrow when I searched for the picture.
    Quacking like a duck quack? Crackling is usually what I think of when I think of fire sounds. Cracking reminds me of cracking a nut open.

Slay vs Slaughter, slaughter sounds more violent / cooler imo. But I don't know what the original word means.

Thanks for the translation.

Changed spiritual consciousness to psyche. Okay, I should start a glossary of terms soon...too many made up terms...

Chapter 2 Destroy and rebuild

Having calmed himself, JiLi sat cross legged onto the floor and quietly focuses his psyche within himself.

At this moment, he could use his senses to see this mysterious energy. This mysterious energy is currently exuding a faint light, one that which is fascinating yet strange.

Due to his last attempt almost causing him his life, upon seeing this mysterious light, his heart cannot help but suddenly beat faster.

However, JiLi is an individual who, upon setting up his mind, will certainly accomplish his task.

He took a deep breath and started impacting the mysterious energy with his psyche. Upon contact with the energy, JiLis began feeling a pain so strong as if all his cells are being torn apart. This is a pain that he have never experienced before throughout his two lifetimes. It was so horrible, so painful that his muscles are beginning to bulge up with blood as if about to explode.

To think that this is just the beginning and he is already approaching his limit of pain tolerance; one could imagine how difficult and dangerous it must be to try to attain the energy. This is also the reason why he was unable to resolve himself for such a long time.

Even at this moment, he began to have thoughts of giving up. Only when he thought of what YuZhu was willing to do for him did he determine to continue enduring.

Ah

As his psyche and the energy collides within his body, JiLi felt as if his body is an erupting volcano an eruption so terrible that it will destroy everything in its path. His face turned mighty red with veins popping out and cold sweat running down. He could do nothing but bite his teeth when his consciousness starts to fade.

His perception of the world slowly disappeared. The only thing he feels is the energy within him. He cannot picture the form of it. All he can feel was that power was surging from it.

What he plans to do is to assimilate this power with his body, strengthening it.

Pain!

Endless pain!

Endless excruciating pain!

This is an ordeal to both JiLis body and his mind. He knows that should he ever lose consciousness he might never wake up again. As such, he is trying extremely hard to endure the suffering.

Must endure! JiLi constantly reminds himself.

His body has been dripping with so much sweat; it seemed as if poured by a rainstorm. The color of his face turned mighty pale as if he was dead. His fist clenched so tight, nails have impaled into his skin staining his fist red with blood. He is doing his utmost to keep his consciousness alive.

If he could endure, theres a chance of transformation (power up). If he fails chances are hell be dead. So no matter how painful, JiLi cannot give up.

After enduring for an hour, with a faint explosive sound, a ray of light flew out of the mysterious sphere of light. This ray of light quickly transverse his body causing his blood to boil, meridians to melt and twist, and bones to crack.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

At the limit of his endurance, feeling as if his body is about to be torn to pieces, JiLi cannot help but let out an extremely painful roar.

Am I to die? Feeling as his body is no longer his, JiLi cannot help but wonder. His fists slowly began to gradually uncontrollably open and when they open completely, he will likely say his farewells to this world.

It was at this moment, a figure appeared in his mind. It wasnt YuZhu. It was someone whom he never wants to remember.

No! Out of nowhere JiLi attained a surge of energy and suddenly clenched his fist again.

After a long while, feeling that his bodily responses gradually subside, JiLi collapses onto the ground.

Silence instantly returned to fire sparrow lake. Even the fish in the lake seemed to be holding their breath as if waiting for something.

Time slowly passes.

Ah

Suddenly, a hoarse and painful growl broke the silence. JiLi awakened and stood up from the ground.
    At this moment, he felt as if his psyche has just gone to hell and back. With a move, all the muscles and bones within his body gave off a crisp cracking sound.

I survived? JiLi shockingly looked at his body.

It was way too dangerous this time. I was almost unable to endure. Upon remembering the previous situation, he is still very scared. Especially after he collapsed; he thought it was certain death.

But he survived!

Upon inspection, he was pleasantly shocked. It seemed that his power have increased a lot.

Lets test it out. Gripping his fist, he stood up and punched a black wooden stake beside him.

That black wooden stake broke apart. Half of the wood landed into the sand whereas the rest splattered on his skin, causing him pain.

This black wooden stake is constructed using hard black ironwood. It requires over 900jin worth of strength to break it apart. I suspect my power should be around 1000jin. Seeing this, JiLi is first stunned and then in ecstasy. He did not think that his strength would jump from 700jin directly to 1000jin, the pinnacle of low tier strength (original: strength condition/level) .

This also means that once he crossed the last step he would reach a new territory .

It should be noted that even YuZhu, the one known as the second genius of fire sparrow tribe, have only recently reached mid tier stage (能境層, able condition stage, I am unsure about the wording yet because the author did not list explicitly how many stages there are, will change to better wording once known). In the whole tribe, there exists but a handful of people who reached mid tier level. Within his age group, it is only YuZhu.

Of course, even JiLi knows that the last step is the hardest. Countless amounts of people have been stuck at the pinnacle of low tier strength.

Huh? I felt as if my mental strength also increased a lot. Upon checking, JiLi found that his five senses have become much clearer. Even his psyche increased in strength.

Psyche is something that he only found out after coming to this world. In the past, he could control the psyche to stimulate the mysterious light in his body. Now, the psyche have increased in strength, he did not know what else it is capable of.

Whatever, things worked out great. If I knew this was going to happen, I wouldve tried it sooner and maybe I wouldve been stronger than that girl already. JiLi smiles readily

Chances are, I havent completely absorbed the energy that I obtained from the mysterious light. With the energy, I should be able to break through and enter mid tier territory! JiLi still isnt satisfied. He wants to be stronger. He wants to be stronger than YuZhu. He wants to be the strongest in the tribe and stop the segregation between the inner and outer groups.

Maybe I could even He could not help but think of the event that happened a few years ago and the figure of the person that appeared in his mind a while ago. But, he quickly shook his head and stopped thinking about it.

None of these thoughts was realistic before but now theyre not impossible.

I suspect that I have only absorbed one-thousandth of the energy contained in the mysterious light. To think that I would have such an improvement. Upon inspecting his current power level, he can imagine that he would reach a terrifying level should be absorb all the energy.

Unfortunately, the process of absorbing the energy is way too dangerous. Just absorbing one-thousandth of the power it had have almost killed him. He did not dare to continue.

Haste makes waste.

Come slowly, first break through the pinnacle of low tier. After inhaling a deep breath, JiLi suppresses those impulses.

Seeing that it was late, he prepared to return to the tribe.

Right. He suddenly remembered the engagement ordeal. Shaking his head with a wry smile: With that chicks popularity in the tribe; itll be troublesome this time.

End. Chapter 2

Chapter 3 should be released sometime later today. It's 3.29AM now, going to sleep maybe at 5am. Enjoy reading guys.
    Last edited by James Shi; 02-21-15 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catahn View Post
    Quacking like a duck quack? Crackling is usually what I think of when I think of fire sounds. Cracking reminds me of cracking a nut open.

Slay vs Slaughter, slaughter sounds more violent / cooler imo. But I don't know what the original word means.

Thanks for the translation.

I guess cracking would be more correct. Just wondering if I should say cracking sound or just cracking? and fire tree or tree on fire? (chinese is an rather implicit language)

regarding the slay vs slaughter. Both words are correct.
    屠 means kill,slay,slaughter,etc.

I just figured that it didn't explicitly state how they are killing god(s) so maybe slay would work better. Once again, the title is rather implicit too. It is unknown if it's to slay/slaughter god(s), slaying god(s), god(s) slayer (assuming one person slaying gods in the story) or what.

I guess I can keep it as it unless people think I should change.

Once again, I have not read the story before I started translating (I felt that I would likely not translate once I have read it and it's better to translate and read at the same time.)

I just found the story to be on the popular list on shumilou.com while searching for a novel to translate. No idea if HuoShuGaGa is famous in china or not since I cannot read chinese to google it :\

also, my english grammar is rather bad. I try my best to make the story flow better but it's written in chinese with multiple commas separating different thoughts so it's a bit hard trying to condense them to flow in the english sentence structure.

e.g.
    original text: 平靜了一下心情,紀離便再盤腿坐回了地上,五感清靜,然后控制自己的精神凝聚腦海。

literal translation: Having calmed a bit, JiLi sat crossed legged on the ground, five senses undisturbed, and then used his psyche to enter his mind.

my translation: Having calmed himself, JiLi sat cross legged onto the floor and quietly focuses his psyche within himself.

I took out the five senses undisturbed because I felt that there's nowhere to put it and that one could picture it just by the words "having calmed himself". I did this for a couple more lines because of redundancy. Like for example in chapter 2 it mentioned 3 lines ago that he suffered extreme pain and then 3 lines afterward it mentions that again. So I'm like, yo, you already said that one and it's within 3 lines so saying that again, while in chinese might be fine, being in english sounds so redundant. So I took the liberty to change it around a bit.
    Last edited by James Shi; 02-21-15 at 05:50 AM.

Thanks for the chapter and the explanation!Best to ask Ren for his opinion on how to translate something and then discuss it(with us ir him is prettty much the same,we all love you both ).I like it the way it is now,and yeah translating power ranking while you haven`t read it yet is probably a *****,so good luck and please don`t stop.

can i get the chinese raw link

Quote Originally Posted by iknow View Post
    can i get the chinese raw link
    Chinese Raw

just woke up, I'll start next chapter in 2 hours or so. Maybe I could even get 2 chapters out today

Chinese Raw

just woke up, I'll start next chapter in 2 hours or so. Maybe I could even get 2 chapters out today
    Best news I`ve had all night

Finished chapter 3 after 4 hours of work. I might work on chapter 4 and the glossary of terms later tonight. This novel seems to have 200 chapters.

Chapter 3 Violent girl

It is already dusk by the time JiLi returned to the tribe.

The sun sets toward the west, in the ancient barrens and mountains, the sounds of beasts transcend those of humanity sweeping the atmosphere with an aura of wilderness.

Golden rays set across the horizon. Toward the south of the barrens, with square shaped constructions, a small tribe is within the golden rays, seemly as if receiving the blessings of gods beautiful and blessed, like a miracle.

Toward the front of the tribe there stood a huge mysterious golden pillar dazzling with brilliance. Craved on it were ancient and mysterious hieroglyphics. Looking from afar, one could not help but cower and naturally revere it.

This is the heaven pillar. (天柱, pillars supporting heaven)

JiLi looked up toward the heaven pillar and could not help but blink a couple times from the sunrays. Located on top of the heaven pillar was the head of a huge fiery beast. With fire blazing hair and eyes that looked as if it was glaring at you, it was a frightening sight.

To his knowledge, this head have been on the pillar for more than a decade. But because of special treatment, it still looked very alive and mighty.

All fiery beasts are extremely powerful and although this is just a lower tier three-legged flaming cloud beast (三足火云獸), it is likely even more powerful than the strongest in our tribe. I have no idea how they managed to attain this head and this head somehow gave me a strange feeling. JiLi felt that theres something special about this beast head. However, he did not continue pondering and just continued walking deeper toward the tribe.

The heaven pillar is one of sacred status in the tribe. Even just touching it, if conducted by a regular person in the tribe, would be reason for punishment.

Miss YuZhu really is too powerful. As expected of the second genius of our fire sparrow tribe.

Thats right. Although the sparring between Miss YuZhu and JiCai (okay, gotta put TL here, it appears the whole tribe might be with the surname 紀 because it was mentioned that YuZhus surname is also Ji) did not use martial abilities (武能, I have a feeling that this might be some kinda chi/ki skill), it was a one sided massacre.

Pity. What a pity. Miss YuZhu is not only beautiful, she is also very talented in martial arts. Why would she like someone an outsider? I heard that his strength is only 700jin worth, even lower than me.

Silence. Keep speaking and Miss YuZhu would beat you up.

Just as JiLi returned to the tribe, he is able to hear loud noises coming from the dojo (武場, easier to just say dojo since we all know what it means). There was even several miserable cries mixed within, causing even bystanders to be moved.

Looks like someones suffering. Hearing these cries, his face cannot help but twitch. From his understand of YuZhus personality, he could probably guess what happened. YuZhu mustve found the group of hot-blooded youngsters who wanted to change him but instead was met with her inhumane abuses.

Upon approaching the dojo, through the gaps of the crowd he was able to see a valiant girl in red attacking a teenager from the inner group. This girl in red is constantly stepping in to attack whereas the other person can only constantly step back.

Ahem, lets enjoy the show first. JiLi recognize that this girl is YuZhu and being one of the parties involved in the issue, he entered the crowd without hint of hestitation.

Whirr whirr

As he squeezed through the crowd; a red shadow suddenly passed by him. Then this red shown gently padded the ground and a beautiful long straight leg was raised up high. Graceful movements flowing with the wind, her speed was extremely fast.

As the crowds focus is still on that beautiful long straight leg, the owner of that leg has already conducted a beautiful 360degree revolution midair.

The long leg kicked out. Straight as a sword, sweeping across like a whip.

Ahh

That youngster called JiCai who is fighting YuZhu didnt even have enough time to react. In a blink, a hot sensation arrived at his face. His body was uncontrollably kicked into the air. With a pop sound, he crashed onto the floor, disoriented with a face swollen. He was knocked out.

But YuZhu did not stop. After kicking away her opponent, she walked toward him.

Crack! That long leg was raised high again and mercilessly stepped on the body of JiCai. Hearing that crisp sound, it seems that a couple of bones are broken.

Miss YuZhu, I give up! That JiCai who was being stepped quickly cried out. His face was pale. It seems that it would take some time for him to recover.

Haha, anyone else?! Hearing the declaration of defeat, YuZhu seemed to be very excited at this point putting one hand on her waist while holding a small white fist with the other. Her round eyes glanced through the crowd. Laughing toward the sky: Hehe, who amongst you all still have something to say about my engagement with brother Li quickly step up. Im a bit itchy for a fight! I wont bully you guys, I wont use my martial abilities!

Gulp. Upon seeing this, everyone swallowed a mouthful of saliva, feeling as if their scalps are tingling. While those legs are most certainly very beautiful and pleasing to see, they all know that being stepped on by those legs is not a pleasant experience.

Originally, they thought that, with YuZhu not using martial abilities, they would have a chance of winning. But now, they know that their gap is still huge. This youngster on the group is an individual with 900jin worth of strength and he was totally brutally beaten up.

The nickname second genius in hundreds of years of fire bird tribe is indeed not false reputation.

This girl, really violent. Even JiLi cannot help but gasp. He knows that this kick isnt light. Even he isnt certain about being able to take it head on.

Hehe, nobody right? In the future, if anyone of you guys has any opinions of my engagement with brother Li, just come and talk to me. I dont mind! Seeing that no one dared speak out, YuZhu clapped her hands and released JiCai from her legs. Then, she quickly changed her face to one that is full of innocent smile.

Even this is called not minding?... Changing faces so fast is enough to startle people. However, after the previous display, her smile cannot help but cause everyone to have a chilling feeling.

Upon seeing to this part, JiLi cannot help but wryly smile. From his understand of YuZhu, he had already expected such a result. Seeing that these inconveniences are mostly solved by YuZhu, he was speculates that there wasnt a need for him and turned to leave.

JiLi? Right at this moment, an outsider youngster recognized JiLi and called out.

JiLi? He is JiLi! Upon hearing the name that spread across the tribe, everyones attention quickly shifted onto him with a shua shua sound (flashing sound, like pew).

It seems that I cant escape after all. Upon seeing round and rounds of curious or provocative eyes being on him, JiLi cannot help but stiffen up.

End. Chapter 3