Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 莽荒纪 - The Desolate Era, by I Eat Tomatoes (WITH SPOILERS)

Default Book 5, Chapter 2 Just released!

Book 5, Chapter 2 was released about an hour ago. Go to IEW's website and check it out. (See Roland420's post on pg 12 explaining any problems you might have had, if the last time you accessed the website was about a month ago)

Long back I read one of the xian xia novels on n6sx.com (through translation). I am trying remember the name of the novel but I can't figure out. Let me write a summary of the novel and if you have read this and remember the name of the novel please reply back.

Summary

A young adult male who is physically weak since childhood gets the opportunity to pursue the path of cultivation. Though, he couldn't practice through the meridians like all the others, he practices using his blood vessels to carry the reiki energy and creates his own unique and powerful practice.
    Back when his mother was in college, she gets kidnapped along with three other ladies to be sacrificed during a offering ritual of an evil church. His father who is a heavenly soldier, saves the four women. These women fall in love with him and bear his children. He leaves the mortal realm before the kids are born and gives a jade pendant to each of the four women. When all the jade pendant come together they can contact him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushkal Kannan View Post
    Long back I read one of the xian xia novels on n6sx.com (through translation). I am trying remember the name of the novel but I can't figure out. Let me write a summary of the novel and if you have read this and remember the name of the novel please reply back.

Summary

A young adult male who is physically weak since childhood gets the opportunity to pursue the path of cultivation. Though, he couldn't practice through the meridians like all the others, he practices using his blood vessels to carry the reiki energy and creates his own unique and powerful practice.
    Back when his mother was in college, she gets kidnapped along with three other ladies to be sacrificed during a offering ritual of an evil church. His father who is a heavenly soldier, saves the four women. These women fall in love with him and bear his children. He leaves the mortal realm before the kids are born and gives a jade pendant to each of the four women. When all the jade pendant come together they can contact him.
    I think it's easier for you to retrace the steps you took before you read that novel. How did you find the novel, did you looking for something 1st (using google, etc)? Is it still ongoing? If it's finished long ago and not too popular then it would be even harder to find that novel.

click to show/hide spoilers
    What happens to MC's wife for her to suicide?
    Last edited by Olbid; 07-03-15 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olbid View Post
    Olbid, Mechakucha addressed your question, using a spoiler tag, on page 12. Its post #227, time stamped 05-21-15, 12:01 PM. He seemed to know the circumstances surrounding your question, so maybe you should PM him if you want the specifics.

Default BOOK 5, CHAPTER 3 RELEASED

Good news. IEW released book 5, chapter 3 last night on his website. I would have posted a notification last night, but my computer's internet browser was giving me the cold shoulder.

Anyway, I think next chapter is going to be the conclusion of Ji Ning's battle against the Zifu Disciple, Bei Zishan, and
    either the same chapter or the one after, the lord of Ji Ning's prefecture will show up during the aftermath of the battle and stumble upon Ji Ning. Ji Ning will be wary of him because he's already is on his last legs from his battle and the guy just so happened to show up after Ji Ning finished beating Bei Zishan like it was his job. Luckily, it doesn't seem like the Prefecture Lord late arrival was intentional, nor does he appear bothered that a 11 year old Xiantian life form defeated the Zifu Disciple for/instead of him or seem to want any of Bei Zishan's loot. He does say he will hold onto the ranked magical treasures until Ji Ning can use them, which in retrospect, doesn't seem like a bad deal, so long as he keeps his word, as anyone who is familiar with this genre of story knows that a practitioner using gear that is normally held by someone one or two levels stronger than them is practically begging for others to kill/maim them to get their stuff. Ji Ning doesn't really care about at the moment, because he is still poisoned Heart Virus, er Hearteater and I think that the Prefecture Lord identifies the antidote for him or he somehow finds it on his own and then rushes back to check on his mother.

Default DESOLATE ERA, BOOK 5, CHAPTER 4 DIE, BEI ZISHAN!

Just wanted to let anyone who might not have been paying attention know that chapter 4 has been released earlier today. I think that there are about 1-2 chapters remaining before the story does a time skip and introduces some (minor?) characters before it a picks up again.

Quote Originally Posted by mechakucha View Post
    Cordimix, I hope you don't mind if I clarify a small part of this spoiler....

The supernatural ability or maybe should fit better if translated as "divine ability" that Ji Ning receives from San Shou is known as the "Hand that reaches for the stars (Zhai Xing Shou, and I can't find a better translation)". It is ranked within the top 10 amongst all other divine abilities since the creation of the universe by Pangu so its pretty much a cheat mode (other than the Nuwa visualization technique) for Ji Ning for much of the story to give him a one-up over everyone else. Using this, Ji Ning can easily disposed of experts one level above him (If he is at early stage Zifu, early stage Wan Xiang is no problem). Of course, using this ability drains up his divine power fast. If you had read Coiling Dragon, this is somewhat similar to Linley's technique "Profound truths of the wind". I should add that like his 'way with the sword', this ability has several levels (up to 6) as well, each more difficult to attain and significantly more powerful.

I had translated a short passage from Volume 6 that describes the scene Ji Ning absorbs and tested the Divine ability (forgive my lousy translation):

"The [Reaching for the Stars] divine tattoo appeared within the hollow of his hands and rushed through the right and left of his palms to the [Shining Heavens Scarlet Diagram] divine power inside his body. An incomparably powerful feeling flooded into Ji Ning's mind, the feeling of even being able to destroy the top of the mountain with a single strike.

"Boom!" "Boom!"

Ji Ning's pair of hands turns into sharp-points of the sword, and he immediately trusts forward.

"Phew!" "Phew!"

The swirls of energy blast formed from the two different oppressing force, gives out an ear-piercing howl followed closely by a thunderous boom.

"How formidable." Ji Ning was made speechless. It wasn't even any profound sword technique. The energy blast formed simply from the forward trust of the sharp-points of the sword is already this terrifying....Ji Ning had a feeling that, if Tong Yu (Peak stage Zifu Fiendgod level adversary) was in front of him now, a single strike would have turn him to powder."

When is this going to happened? (Which chapter, volume)
    Thanks

Default Book 5, Chapters 5 & 6 Released!

Book 5, chapters 5 & 6 of the story were both released today. IEW says he will try to get a third chapter released by the end of the day, tomorrow, but no promises. Oh, and the next chapter will probably require a large box of Kleenex because of all da feels.

I like the Ieatomato novels more than other wuxia novels. I feel that other novels put a emphasis on using treasures and random acts of nature to advance the strength of mc making the novels feel like a long treasure hunt while in Ieatomato works the mostly gains strength through their own cultivation and not random power ups at convenient points in time.

Default Book 5, Chapter 7 Release

Good day to everyone. Book 5, Chapter 7, titled Seeing Mother, was released (approximately) yesterday evening.
    In it Ji Ning brings Adept Mu to examine his ailing mother and see if he can do something to help her recover. Adept Mu also gives Ji Ning a lesson about the forces of Snowdragon Mountain; Blindfish and the others begin explaining some of the background behind the incident involving Bei Zishan to Ji Ishwin and the Patriarch; and Ji Ning learns just what lengths his mother went through to protect him before he was born.
    Last edited by Godjinrai; 07-14-15 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Added Spoiler Tags

Quote Originally Posted by Godjinrai View Post
    Good day to everyone. Book 5, Chapter 7, titled Seeing Mother, was released (approximately) yesterday evening. In it Ji Ning brings Adept Mu to examine his ailing mother and see if he can do something to help her recover. Adept Mu also gives Ji Ning a lesson about the forces of Snowdragon Mountain; Blindfish and the others return to the clan before Ji Ning and begin explaining the incident involving Bei Zishan to Ji Ishwin and the Patriarch; and Ji Ning learns just what lengths his mother went through to protect him before he was born.
    i get why you would make people aware of the new release and all, but seeing as the goal is to let them know of a release they haven't read yet, could you refrain from summarizing the entire chapter in the same post? makes it real dull to read the chapter afterwards -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Olbid View Post
    Sorry for the late response. It's been a while since I last log on to the site. Also, it's also been a few months since I completed the novel so forgive me for there could be some inaccuracies.

Avoid spoiler below if you do not want to know the circumstances to MC in Volume 18.

By volume 13 onwards, the entire '3 realms' started to turn into chaos due to internal strive (civil war) between the 'Nuwa' Alliance and the 'WuJian' Sect. The Tragic case is that Ji Nings' wife, Yu Wei is the reincarnation of a Fiendgod being that belongs to the 'WuJian' Sect and in her current reincarnation she is still marked with the Cursed Seal that forces her to obey her Masters in 'WuJian' Sect at all cost. The only thing that she won't compromise is taking Ji Nings' life even under the pain of death and torture.

In Volume 18, where the War in Chi Ming realm started to turn for the worse for the 'WuJian' Sect (The war was initiated by 'WuJian' Sect to conquer the Chi Ming realm and the Great Xia World is one of the planets in the realm) that she was ordered to sabotage the secret card that 'Nuwa' Alliance has that could immediately win 'Nuwa' Alliance the war, and the Secret Card was passed to Ji Ning for safekeeping. She successfully sabotaged the secret card and out of guilty conscious towards Ji Ning (who is the general in the war on the 'Nuwa' Alliance side) she decided to take her own life.

But although she died, her soul was captured by the Supreme Being in 'WuJian' Sect and used as a bargaining chip to extort Ji Ning to not fight and instead join 'WuJian' forces. Ji Ning at this point in the story is so strong that he can single-handedly influence the direction of the war. Of course, Ji Ning will not fall to the extortion and betray his principles. Especially since he has a deep hatred towards 'Wu Jian' forces - the 'WuJian' forces had invaded a distant planet in Chi Ming realm and massacred the reincarnation of his parents. Anyways, he goes own to fight for the 'Nuwa' Alliance, saved Chi Ming realm and forced the 'WuJian' forces to retreat.
    Last edited by mechakucha; 07-13-15 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland420 View Post
    i get why you would make people aware of the new release and all, but seeing as the goal is to let them know of a release they haven't read yet, could you refrain from summarizing the entire chapter in the same post? makes it real dull to read the chapter afterwards -_-
    I did summarized the chapter, but left out a lot of important stuff that happened. For instance, I didn't state whether Ji Ning's mom can be saved, Ji Ning's reaction to learning about his parents' past, etc. If that makes it dull for you, then sorry. I'll put spoiler tags on release announcements, like I did for the chapter released on July 5th.
    I also made a mistake in the summary where I said that Blindfish and the others arrived first, but that was incorrect. They arrived together with Ji Ning, but Ji Ishwin was so shocked by them reappearing with his son that he asked where they had been for the past few days. I corrected this error in my original post.
    Last edited by Godjinrai; 07-14-15 at 08:30 AM.

Default DESOLATE ERA, BOOK 5, CHAPTER 8 RELEASED

Chapter 8 was released earlier today. Hopefully more chapters will be released later this week.
    Ji Ning goes to Juhua's the Immortal's aquatic mansion to try to seek a cure to extend his mother's life, and after returning he presses his dad for answers on who was responsible for his mothers condition.

Can someone spoiled me Ji Ning's power level throughout the story, and does it compare with his enemies? Just do the best you ca., it doesn't have to be too specific. Just a couple of scenes, his power level and how strong his enemies are.If you can, please give me the chapter or volume. I'm sure that I can put the pieces together.
    To make it easier for you guys:
    Basically, I just want to see how badass Ji Ning becomes and some examples ;D

thank you in advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeowulf08 View Post
    Can someone spoiled me Ji Ning's power level throughout the story, and does it compare with his enemies? Just do the best you ca., it doesn't have to be too specific. Just a couple of scenes, his power level and how strong his enemies are.If you can, please give me the chapter or volume. I'm sure that I can put the pieces together.
    To make it easier for you guys:
    Basically, I just want to see how badass Ji Ning becomes and some examples ;D

thank you in advanced
    Though not in detail, I had previously summarised the progress of Ji Nings' power level until volume 23 which marks the end of the 1st part of the Novel in Post #221.

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen5000 View Post
    Here's the power levels
    Houtian: Lifespan of a hundred years.
    Xiantian: Lifespan of two hundred years. Greater Monster is a term used to refer to monsters who have reached this level.
    Zifu: The Violet Palace. At this level, one will be addressed as Zifu Disciple. Lifespan of five hundred years.
    Wanxiang: Myriad Manifestations. At this level, one will be addressed as Wanxiang Adept. Lifespan of eight hundred years.
    Primordial: Can be referred to as Primordial Master.
    Void: Can be referred to as Land Immortal, or Earth Immortal. In the later levels of the Void stage, a heavenly tribulation will test them. If they fail, then they will die and their spirits will be extinguished. If a Primordials body is destroyed but manages to escape with his soul, then he will become a Loose Immortal, whose power is roughly on par with the Earth Immortals.
    Celestial Immortal: Only at this stage can one be considered to have ascended beyond the Three Realms and no longer be formed by the Five Elements!
    Its there a higher lvl than celestial immortal?

Yes a more complete list of is on page 12 but beware of the spoilers.

Default DESOLATE ERA - BOOK 5, CHAPTER 9 WARMTH

Chapter 9 released earlier today. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Godjinrai; 07-16-15 at 08:57 PM.