Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 莽荒纪 - The Desolate Era, by I Eat Tomatoes (WITH SPOILERS)

One word... Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kai9004 View Post
    One word... Awesome
    AGREED....

Another Great Series that will take us to another GREAT JOURNEY....

Thanks for the the translations IEW!Can`t wait to see whether he has the powers he would`ve had if he was reborn as a Deva ^-^

Thank you so much IEW, this story looks amazing and your translations appear to be quite well done. I look forward to seeing where the story goes from here.

that seem to be interesting story looking forward to next chapter thank you IEW for such a great work. Keep it up

besides the fifth complex root of the zeta function

Angry wew

WOO
    Thanks for the chapter ieatwatermelons
    Much appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by someone who is lost
    People get lost in thought because it is unfamiliar territory

Thanks for the translations

http://worldofwatermelons.com/ This is his website and he also got chapter 3 up there! Thank you so much for the chapters

Chapter 3 - Birth

Ji Ning opened his eyes and saw that he was being held by a giant who wore a set of white fur clothes. Ji Ning instantly understood that this person was a giant, only because right now, he was an infant being held by this man.

You can leave now. The man said.

Yes. The three maids said respectfully.

The man holding Ji Ning in his arms should be his father. Although he had just gotten a son, he still seemed like a piece of glacial ice, very hard to get close to. He wore a set of beautiful fur clothes, while those three maids also were dressed in animal fur. Clearly, they were of much poorer quality.

The room was quite empty. The wall, the dresser, the seats, the bed, all of them were carved from marble. The carvings were quite exquisite and gave off an ancient, beautiful nobility. Atop the bed was a six or seven meter long enormous beast fur, with the fur hanging down to the floor. At a glance, one could tell that this fur was no doubt extremely expensive. Atop that bed, there was a red-faced young woman.

Even the chairs and the dressers were carved from marble. The room itself should be made from marble as well. Father and those three women are all dressed in animal fur. It seems this world doesnt have a high level of civilization. Ji Ning secretly said to himself.

Son. Despite holding his infant son in his arms, that man still seemed very cold, without a hint of a smile on his face. Only, his eyes betrayed his excitement.

Ji Ning suddenly had the feeling that a mysterious cold energy entered his body. It was very comfortable, and then, quickly, it passed away.

Ishwin, how is my son doing? The woman on the bed hurriedly asked.

As expected, his bodys quality is ordinary. Ji Ishwin said softly.

The woman on the bed had faint tears in her eyes. Let me hold him.

The man carried the child over in his arms.

Be good. The young woman looked at the infant, her eyes filled with love. Ishwin, our child was injured in the womb. Although he ate those natural treasures, it only repaired some of the damage. We havent done right by our child.

He had been injured in the womb?

Natural treasures?

It seemed as though his parents in this world werent ordinary people.

Despite having just given birth to a child, his mother had easily been able to get off the bed. She was also dressed in a white fur, and was in her husbands arms as they walked out of the room.

You can clean up in here. His father, Ji Ishwin, said to those three maids.

Yes. The three maids said respectfully.

Outside the door, on the hallway, there was a big, snow white dog. Its fur was as long as cotton, and it appeared very docile. When its gaze fell upon Ji Ning, it was filled with excitement and love.

In the wide courtyard outside the room was a giant, pitch-black coiling python which was lining the outside of courtyard. It had circled around in multiple loops, and its head was raise to a height of dozens of meters. Its body was covered with dark, heart-stoppingly cold scales. The giant python slowly lowered its head and drew near.

Good God! Ji Ning was frightened. That snow white dog was fine. He had seen plenty of dogs in the past. That snow white one was just a bit bigger.

But this coiled, enormous monstrosity? Was it even a snake?

Coiled around in endless circles, and its raised head alone was dozens of meters high. The entire thing had to be two or three hundred meters long. Such an awe-inspiring beast was actually in front of his own familys house? Thisthis was simply

Son. Ji Ishwin didnt pay any attention to his sons feelings, or perhaps in this world, people were used to these things already and didnt feel they were strange. Ji Ishwin pointed at the snow white massive dog in front of them. This is your Uncle White. He is your fathers lifelong friend, and hes saved your life. You must treat him as you would treat me.

The snow white hound looked lovingly at Ji Ning. Ji Ning could almost physically feel the deep love which the snow white hound bore him.

However

He had to call a dog, Uncle White?

Ishwin, the child was just born and doesnt understand anything yet. Is there a point to telling him these things? The young woman said while holding the child.

Even if he doesnt understand, this is his first time meeting with Little White. Ji Ishwin raised his head to stare at the massive python. Brother Black!

Hiss

This enormous black python which definitely wouldve made countless nations go insane suddenly transformed into a black mist, and then reformed into a black-haired middle-aged man. The black haired man smiled towards the infant. Ishwin, I still remember how when you first showed your budding talent, I agreed to follow you. I didnt expect that in the blink of an eye, you would have a son. Child, dont be afraid. I am your Uncle Black.

Lets go outside. Ji Ishwin said. Grandpa and the others are outside waiting as well. Brother Black, its best if you return to your regular form. I know it is very uncomfortable for you to be in human form.

Hiss

The black haired man nodded, and then he once more transformed into a black fog which quickly returned to that massive, coiled black python. The massive black python immediately slithered towards the outside. Its enormous body moved very quickly. Slither, slither, slither. It easily passed the walls and disappeared.

Ji Ning felt that he was still in a state of shock.

Although this might be normal to people of this world, to Ji Ning, a man from the Earth, this was simply too stunning. A 200-300 meter long black python had suddenly transformed into a black haired man, and had said that he was his Uncle Black?

Monster!

Can it be that the snow white hound is also a monster? Ji Ning had the feeling that this world was more amazing than he could imagine.

Husband and wife held the child together as they walked out into the corridor, while by their side was the snow white dog. Once they reached the end of the corridor, they walked onto a stone paved road which led to a garden. Within the garden, there was a thick layer of snow. Many black armored guards were standing there unmoving, while in the center, there were several dozen people standing. These several dozen people all possessed all sorts of miraculous bizarre beasts, venomous pests, and flying beasts.

Ji Ning instantly understood. It wasnt that his father was special. It was that the people of this world all raised strange beasts. Taming them was a common habit.

It seems in the future, Ill have to get used to making friends with monsters. Ji Ning quickly adjusted to this new reality and began to observe those several dozen people. These several dozen people all seemed ferocious as tigers or panthers. Virtually all of them were dressed in beautifully cut animal furs. Only the three women were dressed in silk or cloth garments.

This secretly startled Ji Ning.

It seemed that not everyone in this world wore animal furs. Silk and cloth already existed here. Judging from the location where the three women were standing, they were of fairly common rank within those dozens of people. Clearly, the quality of those silk or cloth clothes werent any higher than the lavish, exquisitely cut animal furs.

The silver-haired old man standing in front walked over. Come, Ishwin. Let me hold the child.

Grandfather. Ji Ishwin nodded, then took the child over from his wifes arms and delivered him to the old man.

This child truly is beautiful. The silver-haired old mans face was filled with joy. He said in praise, Ishwin, now that you have a son, I will no longer worry as much. Ive been the lord of our manor for already eighty years. According to the rules of our clan, a person can only be a Manor Lord for no more than a century. I only have twenty years left as Manor Lord. Previously, I wanted you to succeed me in the position of the Manor Lord of the West Manor of our Ji clan, but you insisted on focusing on walking the path of the Immortals. Now that you have a son, as I see it, in the future, he can be the next Manor Lord.

The next Manor Lord?

Ji Ning was surprised. It seemed as though his status was quite high, and this clan should be a special one as well. Those extremely obedient female servants and those unmoving, black armored guards all were a testament to his clans power.

Big brother! A sudden angry shout.

Who would dare to be so disrespectful to the Manor Lord?

Ji Ning looked in the direction of the noise. He saw a red-haired old man who emanated heat walk over. The man had a eye-catching red earring in his right ear. Wait. It wasnt a red earring. It was a little red snake the size of a finger. He was actually wearing a snake in his ear?

The old man with the snake in his ear walked forward, growling, The matter of the succession to the position of Manor Lord cant be so casual as this. In addition, who knows what sort of ability that little fellow would have?

Ishwins sons ability would naturally The silver-haired old man was extremely confident. At the same time, a sudden surge of heat entered Ji Nings body, then quickly dissipated.

Ishwin! The silver-haired old man stared in astonishment towards the grandson he was so proud of.

How could he not be shocked.

This was the son of Ji Ishwin, famed as the Raindrop Sword. The majestic Raindrop Sword, all by himself, had exterminated countless monsters hidden in deep lakess and high mountains. The countless tribes under the control of their West Manor of the Ji clan all knew of the Raindrop Sword. In fact, more people knew of him than knew who the Manor Lord was.

As long as his child ate some precious treasures while in the womb, the infant would naturally have the finest possible growth conditions.

Big brother. The snake elder laughed. It seems Ishwins son is quite average. How can the West Manor of our Ji clan, which commands so many tribes, have a weak little fellow take over the important position of Manor Lord? How can the people of the Ji clan possibly submit to him? How can the countless tribes be willing to submit to him?

Manor Lord. This little fellow, it seems, isnt suited to the position of being the next Manor Lord.

The important position of Manor Lord cannot be so casually given away.

Those few dozen people present were all high level members of the West Manor of the Ji clan. Many began to speak.

Shut your mouth. Ji Ishwin frowned. As he swept the area with his icy gaze, instantly, many of the clan members fell silent.

But the snake elder said angrily, What a huge temper. This is the West Manor of the Ji clan! What, we cant even talk here? Your son as the Manor Lordif your son was qualified, then given the great merits you yourself have rendered to the West Manor of the Ji clan, we definitely wouldnt say anything. But your son is so very average. You still wish him to be Manor Lord? The countless tribes under the banner of the West Manor of the Ji clan must fight together in territorial battles, and also must struggle against the Greater Monsters in the deep mountains and the lakes. How can a weak Manor Lord make the clan members willingly submit? How can he make those tribes submit? If the West Manor isnt awe-inspiring, then how will we struggle for power against the surrounding organizations, and how will we go to the mountains and the lakes to slay the Greater Monsters?

I will naturally be the one to kill the Greater Monsters of the lakes and the mountains! Ji Ishwins voice was cold as ice.

You sure are tough. You live up to your reputation, Ji Ishwin. So youll go kill all of the Greater Monsters hiding in all of the mountains and lakes by yourself? Then I, Ji Lee, will say this to you. If you can kill a hundred Greater Monsters, then I will no longer dispute with you over who will become the next Manor Lord of the Ji clans West Manor. Ill let your son take it over. The snake elder sneered.

Ji Ishwin stared at him.

Every single Greater Monster was extremely sly and powerful. How could they be so easily killed? Even killing ten of them would be a miracle, much less a hundred.

Enough. The child was just born and cant take all this stress. The silver-haired elder stared at them, then ordered, Tonight, well hold a celebratory banquet at the Snowfall Hall. For now, everyone can leave.

Alright.

The serpent elder was the first to respond, and he did so loudly. He immediately led more than half the people away with him, with the rest quickly returning to their own places as well, leaving this garden.

----------------------
    yeah, i couldn't sleep last night so i went ahead and translated. then after i got it up i was so tired/sleepy that i forgot to post it here as well, lol. i'll post up to chapter here ten as well!
    Read "The Desolate Era" at http://worldofwatermelons.com!

thanks a lot for your translation
    also
    http://www.pegasusfarts.com/p/age-of-desolation.html
    seems to be also working on it, maybe you would like to work together

oh yeah saw it
    Last edited by firespier; 02-28-15 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by firespier View Post
    thanks a lot for your translation
    also
    http://www.pegasusfarts.com/p/age-of-desolation.html
    seems to be also working on it, maybe you would like to work together
    http://www.pegasusfarts.com/2015/02/hey-guys.html
    Maybe you should have looked harder :/
    Thanks for the chapter IEW!

Thanks for the translation, IEWatermelons. It seems really interesting.

Chapter 4 Manor Lord

The banquet at Snowfall Palace continued into the late night. Late at night, the sky was covered with stars. Ji Ishwin and his wife took their infant back home.

Whoah. Ji Ning blearily opened his little eyes and saw the night sky filled with stars.

Ah.

He had fallen asleep. He had actually fallen asleep mid-way.

There had been fascinating performances, with musicians, drummers, and barefoot, fur-clad female dancers filling the hall. This was very different from Earths performances, but it was still very pleasing to the eye. However, he was still just an infant. Halfway through, he was simply too sleepy and thus he immediately fell asleep.

Ishwin. Yuchi Snow said with a hint of anger while walking in the snow. At the banquet, why did you say that you would let our son go seize the golden sword? Dont you know how hard that is?

I was able to accomplish it. Ishwin frowned.

You are the most powerful member of the West Manor of the Ji clan. You were able to do it as a youth, but in the thousand year history of the Ji clans West Manor, how many have been like you? Snow was angry. Normally, she was very gentle, but anything which involved her son made her anxious. And today, when the Manor Lord raised the question of having our son becoming the next Manor Lord, five overseers had agreed. Only a single additional overseer was needed. All you had to do was convince a single overseerwith six overseers in agreement, then our son would have easily been able to become the next Manor Lord. Why go seize the golden sword?

Seizing the golden sword was simply too hard.

Ishwin shook his head and sighed. You dont understand.

What dont I understand? Snow said angrily.

You havent been at the West Manor for a long time yet. You dont understand the intricacies hidden within. Ishin explained. The ten overseers of the West Manor are divided into the Manor Lords side and Ji Lees side. There are three centrists. If we were to draw another overseer into our orbit, the price would have been too high.

So what if the price is high? Snow said unhappily.

Yes, if we paid an enormous price, we could let our son become the Manor Lord. Ishwin frowned. But if our son is incapable, even if he is allowed to take the position of Manor Lord, hell just suffer countless miseries, unspeakable miseries. That will be a form of torment!

Yuchi Snow was stunned.

I dont want my son to be miserable. Ishwin continued slowly. Thus, I brought up seizing the golden sword.

If my son possesses astonishing insight and talent and is able to strengthen rapidly, then naturally, hell be able to seize the golden sword. No one would say a single word of dissent if he were to take over the Manor Lord position after doing so. Ishwin said. But if my son is unable to seize the golden sword, then he can just live a life of leisure. I, Ishwin, will protect him his entire life and let him live without any cares.

Snow seemed to have understood.

Becoming Manor Lord didnt necessarily mean a life of ease. If an expert became the Manor Lord, then naturally, his rule would be stable. But if someone incapable took the positioneven if he was forcibly installed, he would just be miserable.

Ishwin, I was wrong to blame you. Snow said softly.

Iswhin just lowered his head and rubbed his sons face. His eyes are wide open. This kid woke up long ago.

Right, Ishwin. What name should we give him? Snow suddenly asked. I asked you when I was pregnant, but you werent happy with any of the names. Now that hes been born, we have to come up with a suitable name.

Let his name come into the world alongside him. Ishwin said. How could I not be careful about it? I hadnt made up my mind in the past, but just now, I suddenly thought of a namelets call our son Ning, meaning calm. No matter whether his life is normal or exciting, no matter if he is weak or becomes an expert, let him maintain a calm, peaceful heart.

Ning? Snow murmured. Ji Ning. Ji Ning

Ji Ning?

The infant in his mothers arms stared with wide eyes. Was this the name which the First Judge, the Lord of Cui Palace, had preordained that he would have in the Book of Life and Death? Or was it a true coincidence?

In this life, he would be named Ji Ning once again?

The most powerful member of the West Manor of the Ji clan was the Raindrop Sword, Ji Ishwin.

The second was the Tiger Demon, Ji Lee.

Within Lees manor.

Congratulations and felicitations, father. A middle-aged man with several dozen braids in his hair said. That Ishin was so arrogant and blind that he actually said he would have his son go seize the golden swordthe West Manor has been in the hands of our Ji clan for generations. Not a single person has taken the Manor Lord position through seizing the golden sword.

The old man with flaming red hair and that scarlet snake in his ears slapped his hands together. When I was young, I shouldve become the Manor Lord! But at that time, I was simply too much of a show-off and ended up losing to my big brother, Ji Shawn. That old bastard Shawn ended up taking the Manor Lord position and has been in that position for eighty years!

Eighty full years!

Ive been waiting all this time. Every day has been a crucible. Lee ground his teeth. I didnt expect that his line of descent would produce someone like Iswhin! He truly is a glorious, outstanding talent. Fortunately, fortunately, Ishwin is only interested in training to become an Immortal and doesnt care about becoming the Manor Lord. Ishwin was simply too arrogant today. He actually chose such a path for his son.

It seems it is the will of Heaven that we take the Manor Lords position. The middle-aged man said excitedly.

Dont be hasty.

Lee shouted. When I was young, that loss I suffered taught methat a person cant be too happy before one has actually succeeded! What we need to do is prepare!

Father, do you mean to say The man asked.

Lee was frowning in concentration.

Time slowly passed. The middle aged man sat off to one side, not daring to disturb him. He knew his father was thinking.

Right! Ji Lee suddenly said in a soft voice. Thats what well do!

The middle-aged man looked at his father. Father, what is your plan?

In order to seize the golden sword, one must defeat all of the youths of the tribes and the descendants of the Ji clan. Lee said in a low voice. Although there are few clan members, they are able to acquire a large amount of treasures and secret manuals, while although there are many youths in the tribes, very few will get any treasures. But despite that, in the quadrennial Golden Sword Ceremony, out of every five or six ceremonies, only once will a Ji clan member win.

The middle-aged man nodded. There are simply too many tribe members. There will always be an extremely talented person who emerges. However, no matter how great their talent, we wont teach them the truly powerful arts of the Ji clan. Well only teach them some of the lesser arts. Although those youths of the tribes might be powerful during the Golden Sword Ceremony, after seventy or eighty years, the most powerful exponents are those of the Ji clan.

What I mean to do is Ji Lee said in a whisper. Select a few outstanding youths from the tribes and give them a large amount of treasures and resources and train them. Without my training, those tribal youth talents are already so powerful. Once they receive my training, they will definitely skyrocket in power and become even mightier! I refuse to believe that the son of Ishwin will be able to defeat all of them and seize the golden sword.

Right. Right. The middle-aged man hurriedly nodded.

Usually, the treatment of the tribal youths and of the Ji clan members were totally different.

The Ji clan youths were of one family. Naturally, the Ji clan would treat them much better. But in dealing with the youths of the tribes, they would have to both draw them close and also control them well! But this timehe would use all of his talent to cultivate the most promising youths!

Father, if you do this, then Ji Ishwins son will definitely lose. The middle-aged man said confidently.

Hahaha Lee laughed. Remember. Plant some of our people by Ishwins side. I want to know how rapidly Ishwins son grows in power. Only knowing ones own power and ones opponents power will one gain victory!

Yes! The middle-aged mans eyes were shining.

Yuchi Snow gently placed her son down atop the warm bed.

Ning, be a good boy and sleep tight. Snow gently kissed her sons face, then lay down on the bed as well.

A pained look was on Nings face.

He wiped the corner of his lips. He had just drank breast milk. What a weird sensation.

The events of the past twenty four hours were simply too shocking, too unbelievable. First, he had passed the Bridge of Despair, but then, just before he was to drink Grandma Mengs Elixir, a great upheaval had occurred in the Netherworld Kingdom. It was as though the world was about to shatter. He had been lucky enough to react in time and jump into the Mortal Realms tunnel, and had been reincarnated into this world.

A snow white hound who was his Uncle White?

A several hundred-meter giant black python that could raise its head up to the level of a house, and also transform into a black-haired middle aged man, who was his Uncle Black?

And now, he was supposed to seize some golden sword and become some Manor Lord?

Hey guys, did you think about asking me how I feel about all this?

Bah. Infants have no human rights. Ji Ning licked the milk from the corner of his lips while pondering. Still, a hint of excitement was in his eyes. Time to train!

The very first day he had arrived here, he had sensed that his clan was a powerful one. How could a clan capable of commanding countless tribes be ordinary? But clearly, the position of Manor Lord had aroused interest from all sides. That old fellow with the red snake in his ear wasnt weak either. He dared to argue against the Manor Lord and squabble with Nings father.

Screw it!

Ning was still just an infant. There was no reason for him to worry about all these things. Right now, the most important thing was to train. Train in the Visualization Technique Nuwa Painting.

The Nuwa Painting, according to the Lord of Cui Palace, was something which would allow him to be an outstanding figure, even if he had been born into the Deva Realm and had joined the Celestial Host, much less here in the Mortal Realm. In the Mortal Realm, it definitely would be the most top tier of Visualization Techniques. Such a precious technique that had been deeply engrained into his mind was the most powerful source of support he would have in this world.

In his past life, he had been tormented by illness for eighteen years. He had been exhausted just by strolling for half an hour. He had simply had enough of that powerless sensation! The sensation of being powerless in the face of death! He had enough! Enough! Enough!!! He would take his destiny into his own hands, and that destiny was to follow the path that the Lord of Cui Palace had spoken to him of: Training to become an Immortal!

Training to become an Immortal was the only choice he would make!

Ning closed his eyes and began.

A hint of natural energy slowly began to enter Ji Nings body. It was being attracted into his consciousness and began to strengthen his soul. But because only a tiny amount of natural energy was being absorbed, neither Ishwin nor Snow noticed at all.

The Visualization Technique was capable of absorbing natural energy?

This was simply incredible.

The reason was, this wasnt an Immortal training technique, nor was it a Immortal magic technique. If it was an Immortal training technique, it would wildly devour the surrounding natural energy. But the Visualization Technique, despite absorbing just a bit of natural energywas already quite incredible.

Whoosh. Whoosh. Tiny threads of elemental energy constantly entered Nings infant body.

Natural energy repeatedly entered his body and cleansed his body. Infants were born pure. Only after experiencing life would they be sullied by the dirt and grime of the world. But right now, Nings body had very few impurities within it. With the natural energy repeatedly cleansing him, he quickly became incomparably pure, as pure as a newborn!
    Read "The Desolate Era" at http://worldofwatermelons.com!

Thank you for the new chapter!!

"Nings body had very few impurities within it"

Hasn't it been not even a single day since he was reborn? How can his body have any impurities at all?

can anyone tell me about the history before i start reading ?

Quote Originally Posted by etloth View Post

Hasn't it been not even a single day since he was reborn? How can his body have any impurities at all?
    I think the point was that just being in the world caused impurities.

IEWatermelons TYVM! You are awesome my friend!

Thanks for the new chapters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etloth View Post

Maybe the impurities are caused by him not drinking the elixir before being reborn, while other soul forget all their previous life before being reborn(due to elixir), Ning retain his memories and some impurities from his previous life in his soul?
    Also thanks IEWatermelons^^

Quote Originally Posted by al3xid View Post
    Maybe the impurities are caused by him not drinking the elixir before being reborn, while other soul forget all their previous life before being reborn(due to elixir), Ning retain his memories and some impurities from his previous life in his soul?
    Also thanks IEWatermelons^^
    also technically babies are 9 months (generally) old when they are born, also the mother filters out most of the impurities for the child. so there could be several other reasons

Thanks IEW