Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 莽荒纪 - The Desolate Era, by I Eat Tomatoes (WITH SPOILERS)

This thread is becoming almost purely spoilers lately.. maybe make a spoiler thread?

Quote Originally Posted by mkidz View Post
    Cordimix can you summarize the volume please
    Volume? You mean Book 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Roland420 View Post
    This thread is becoming almost purely spoilers lately.. maybe make a spoiler thread?
    Well I asked a while ago if we need to make a separate thread for spoilers and they said that there is no need because the translator rarely posts up anything in this thread any more. So instead of letting it die it would be better if we just use it as a spoiler thread.

Well in case there is any change and a spoiler thread is created we can always group up the already answered questions and move them.

-reserved-

thinking on making a spoiler compilation and adding them all to this one post and the above two in the near future
    Last edited by Cordimix; 04-13-15 at 12:36 PM.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Does Jin somehow find a way to complete the Thunderflame Sword ?
    And what exactly are the levels in the 5 top techniques of the Ji Clan, is there anything else to do beyond reaching one with the world in swordsmanship ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
    Does Jin somehow find a way to complete the Thunderflame Sword ?
    And what exactly are the levels in the 5 top techniques of the Ji Clan, is there anything else to do beyond reaching one with the world in swordsmanship ?

He does indeed find ways to walk further on the path of Thunderflame Sword.

I am not quite clear on what you are asking with "And what exactly are the levels in the 5 top techniques of the Ji Clan" but if you are asking if there are more powerful techniques that those that the Ji clan has then I can tell you that there are. Or if you are asking that what the Ji clan most powerful techniques are then you can think of what Ji Ning inherited from his father are basically some of the most powerful that the Ji clan "currently" have.

Yes there are levels beyond "one with the world" in swordsmanship and Ji Ning will later write down a few scripts that derive from his understanding and experience. He will gift this "books" to his clan before he first leaves for another "city" so that the new generations can use and contemplate them in order to further their training.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordimix View Post

He does indeed find ways to walk further on the path of Thunderflame Sword.

I am not quite clear on what you are asking with "And what exactly are the levels in the 5 top techniques of the Ji Clan" but if you are asking if there are more powerful techniques that those that the Ji clan has then I can tell you that there are. Or if you are asking that what the Ji clan most powerful techniques are then you can think of what Ji Ning inherited from his father are basically some of the most powerful that the Ji clan "currently" have.

Yes there are levels beyond "one with the world" in swordsmanship and Ji Ning will later write down a few scripts that derive from his understanding and experience. He will gift this "books" to his clan before he first leaves for another "city" so that the new generations can use and contemplate them in order to further their training.

I meant just like there is Expert, Advanced and One with the world, what are the levels of proficiency in the 5 techniques of the Ji Clans ?

Btw where is/who is Ji Ning's grandfather from his mother's side and is his mother like late xiantian ?

I meant just like there is Expert, Advanced and One with the world, what are the levels of proficiency in the 5 techniques of the Ji Clans ?

Btw where is/who is Ji Ning's grandfather from his mother's side and is his mother like late xiantian ?

I am still unable to grasp what it is that you are referring too. The body refining techniques? The ki refining techniques? Or?
    Anyhow, most likely the detail that you are asking for is not of much importance because I have a good memory and I tend to keep track of most of the important pieces of the novel.

Ji Ning's uncle died in the same event that is mentioned at the start of the novel. The event in which Ji Ning mother was harmed while Ji Ning suffered some repercussions in her womb. His uncle was protecting Ji Ning parents and he lost his life when they were attacked by a few Zifu Monks(there are 3 Zifu Monks involved in this event but I can't remember if all 3 participated in the fight or just 2). Ji Ning mother and uncle were also part of a larger then the "current" (Book 3) Ji tribe. Uncle's tribe (MT name for it is ~Watson) was destroyed because a much more powerful tribe desired their secret technique ("wing escape technique"), the special technique that Ji Ning mother taught him. The two events are linked but they happen because of different reasons.

*changed grandfather to uncle to rectify a mistake^
    And in which translated chapter is the grandfather mentioned? I want to look and see so I can remember.

In any case they are very minor minor characters that are only mentioned a few times and then discarded. The only remnants of the former ~Watson clan are Ji Ning mother, Ji Ning (if counted by bloodline) and Ji Ning cousin.
    Last edited by Cordimix; 04-14-15 at 04:21 PM.

I am still unable to grasp what it is that you are referring too. The body refining techniques? The ki refining techniques? Or?
    Anyhow, most likely the detail that you are asking for is not of much importance because I have a good memory and I tend to keep track of most of the important pieces of the novel.

Ji Ning's grandfather died in the same event that is mentioned at the start of the novel. The event in which Ji Ning mother was harmed while Ji Ning suffered some repercussions in her womb. His grandfather was protecting Ji Ning parents and he lost his life when they were attacked by a few Zifu Monks. Ji Ning mother and grandfather were also part of a larger then the "current" (Book 3) Ji tribe. Grandfathers tribe (MT name for it is ~Watson) was destroyed because a much more powerful tribe desired their secret technique ("wing escape technique"), the special technique that Ji Ning mother taught him. The two events are linked but they happen because of different reasons.

I thought it was her brother that died in that incident.

Quote Originally Posted by manga752 View Post
    I thought it was her brother that died in that incident.

Hmm... Let me recheck that. The MT gets kind of confusing sometimes because of the different ways you can address a person.

If that is the case then his grandfather is just mentioned a few times by his cousin and nothing more. If not that, then the grandfather we might be referring too is the great grand father that is alive and raises this cousin that I speak of.

And yes it was indeed his uncle that died in that fight...hmmm. Anyone knows in what context his grandfather is mentioned? if he was mentioned until now in the translated chapters. I would like to look and see to which grandfather they are referring to.

Last edited by Cordimix; 04-14-15 at 04:18 PM.

His mother's clan was destroyed ? Does this mean no one from his mother's clan remains ?
    Also what level is his mother and is she a ki refiner ?

His mother's clan was destroyed ? Does this mean no one from his mother's clan remains ?
    Also what level is his mother and is she a ki refiner ?

Reread what you quoted me on previously, I added that answer to the tribe there.
    Can't remember what exact xiantian level his mother was but I remember for sure that she did not step into the Zifu Monk realm. And yes she should be ki refiner if I remember correctly.

Reread what you quoted me on previously, I added that answer to the tribe there.
    Can't remember what exact xiantian level his mother was but I remember for sure that she did not step into the Zifu Monk realm. And yes she should be ki refiner if I remember correctly.

Wait if Jing's Father was fight that mean that he is a Zifu or an early stage of Zifu.
    And Can you Name the stages of the body/ki refining techniques i.e. what is after xiantian, and zifu

Quote Originally Posted by bob-man156 View Post
    Wait if Jing's Father was fight that mean that he is a Zifu or an early stage of Zifu.
    And Can you Name the stages of the body/ki refining techniques i.e. what is after xiantian, and zifu
    Here's the power levels
    Houtian: Lifespan of a hundred years.
    Xiantian: Lifespan of two hundred years. Greater Monster is a term used to refer to monsters who have reached this level.
    Zifu: The Violet Palace. At this level, one will be addressed as Zifu Disciple. Lifespan of five hundred years.
    Wanxiang: Myriad Manifestations. At this level, one will be addressed as Wanxiang Adept. Lifespan of eight hundred years.
    Primordial: Can be referred to as Primordial Master.
    Void: Can be referred to as Land Immortal, or Earth Immortal. In the later levels of the Void stage, a heavenly tribulation will test them. If they fail, then they will die and their spirits will be extinguished. If a Primordials body is destroyed but manages to escape with his soul, then he will become a Loose Immortal, whose power is roughly on par with the Earth Immortals.
    Celestial Immortal: Only at this stage can one be considered to have ascended beyond the Three Realms and no longer be formed by the Five Elements!

So if Ji Ning's father will die, will at least the other major people of his clan stay alive ?

After nearly 2.5 years, this novel finally finished. IET said he will write a new novel starting from June 15th.

So dexter64, don't be stingy, give us reviews of the finale.

What do you think about the final arc? Do you think the story is balance in its ending?

So in the end, will it be a fantastic ending that equal its reputation of IET finesse work, or will it be "could be better ending", or could it be just another ET typical ending in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by theSwordoftheWest View Post
    So dexter64, don't be stingy, give us reviews of the finale.

What do you think about the final arc? Do you think the story is balance in its ending?

So in the end, will it be a fantastic ending that equal its reputation of IET finesse work, or will it be "could be better ending", or could it be just another ET typical ending in your opinion?
    Overall, I think IET has the same weakness as Gu Long, not a master of finale writing. IMO, all IET's novels had a rushed ending, but some are better than the others. So, it's a typical IET's rushed ending, thus it could be better, but as it is, it's also 1 of the best IET's ending. I like the finale.

So if Ji Ning's father will die, will at least the other major people of his clan stay alive ?
    Other major clan people will survive and Ji Ning will interact with them from time to time

@dexter64

No harem end, am I right?

Other major clan people will survive and Ji Ning will interact with them from time to time

@dexter64

No harem end, am I right?
    100% correct.