Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Xianxia series

Quote Originally Posted by Bludflag View Post
    How about Chen Yue Zhi Yao?Or how about reading Gong Hua(pretty sure that`s their names).
    Pretty sure they aren`t xianxia(up till I read,halfway of volume 1 of CYZY,I didn`t read Gong Hua).
    I`d say Infinity Game is good,but that only applies to the manhwa-*gasps of shock*-
    Yes,I said I liked the manhwa more(probably because I read that first),since the overall impression in the novel is that the MC is dumb,boring(for me) and generally not badass like in the manhwa(he seems to be the villain in the manhwa,judging by his actions).
    I pretty much got nothing if you dislike these or have read them already(xianxia translations are rare).
    i came from reading mangas and light novels so these r new for me
    but what the hell as long as they r good i will read anything

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Heartnet View Post
    i came from reading mangas and light novels so these r new for me
    but what the hell as long as they r good i will read anything
    Chen Yue Zhy Yao is heavily comedy oriented,I sugest reading the letter of reccomendation first to see whether it`s your cup of tea or not

Quote Originally Posted by Bludflag View Post
    Chen Yue Zhy Yao is heavily comedy oriented,I sugest reading the letter of reccomendation first to see whether it`s your cup of tea or not
    will do
    for now now i started A Martial Odyssey
    i also tried Zhu Xian but i got lost after 2 ch

will do
    Lol,I understand how you got lost,happened to me.I started reading and it was all fine and k,but the many mistakes distracted me.
    After chapter 15 or so,I finally stopped getting distracted from the story AND could actually guess who is who(from the context).
    Best of luck if you decide to continue

will do
    http://www.reddit.com/r/LightNovels/..._by_ding_xiao/
    Try this.

will try continuing this series if i don't have anything to read
    thanks anyway

will do
    The very weird thing about AMO is that the first time you have read it, you probably get a heart attack. The second time you have reread it, you get the thrill as though you are reading it for the first time. Reading both times are equally addicting and I don't know why. The standard for the story arcs are also amazing polish.

The writer used to post it in mandarin but deleted it after some readers complaint and he rewrite it.

Have fun reading it but it is very long. But when it end, you actually wished it didn't

The bad part is that it not in this forum section and a lot of readers didn't know it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by firefox View Post
    The very weird thing about AMO is that the first time you have read it, you probably get a heart attack. The second time you have reread it, you get the thrill as though you are reading it for the first time. Reading both times are equally addicting and I don't know why. The standard for the story arcs are also amazing polish.

The writer used to post it in mandarin but deleted it after some readers complaint and he rewrite it.

Have fun reading it but it is very long. But when it end, you actually wished it didn't

The bad part is that it not in this forum section and a lot of readers didn't know it exists.
    is there a bad end?

May I give my few cents,

AMO is official book written by Avidfan.

AMO2 and AMO3 is stories that follows AMO. Currently, AMO3 is also progressively written.

So it is fittingly under fan fic as it is Avidfan original work.

I hope having said this, people will show Avidfan support if they enjoy his work. and pls don't pester with question like "when new translation will coming out" and so and so.

AMO3:

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...3#.VPhmAHyUeSo

is there a bad end?
    You have to read it!

You have to read it!
    Does it have an unpleasant end ? I know wuxia are a bit tragic sometimes but i do dislike tragic endings so if so it might not be for me

Added "Shen Yin Wang Zuo"

is there a bad end?
    Hope you enjoy AMO!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    Hope you enjoy AMO!

Cheers!
    thank you
    and yes im enjoying it

Added "Xian Ni"

How is this Battle trough the Heavens, sounds interesting! but I am sceptical as to works from authors other than IET and Tang Jia San Shao. A step into the past is pretty good as well but I don't think there is something else from Huang Yi and would rather read IET kind of stuff.
    I've dropped Kill no More after 8 or so volumes cuz it "staled"(I don't mean lack of action), and Zhu Xian cuz it was only ok and I lost interest while waiting for updates. God of Thunder has some interesting powers but interactions are lousy so I'm probably gonna drop that too, and Law of the Devil shows promise!

Btth is same author as douluo dalu?
    The author 1 rank above iet?

Hey just want to know the names of Xianxia series that r currently being translated or have been translated.
    I will make a list of the ones i know about and if u see any Xianxia series that are missing please kindly replay with the name.

IET
    Stellar Transformation
    Coiling Dragon
    Swallowed Star
    The Desolate Era

I am afraid that only 寸芒(我吃西红柿) and 星辰变(我吃西红柿)from IET is considered xianxia.

仙侠 genre are quite obvious. Novels like 诛仙,蜀山奇侠,仙剑奇侠传 etc. are xianxia for obvious reasons; they all have 仙人 or 神话 elements or everyone is working to 修生。

Someone need to better explain it better than I though =)

I am afraid that only 寸芒(我吃西红柿) and 星辰变(我吃西红柿)from IET is considered xianxia.

仙侠 genre are quite obvious. Novels like 诛仙,蜀山奇侠,仙剑奇侠传 etc. are xianxia for obvious reasons; they all have 仙人 or 神话 elements or everyone is working to 修生。

Someone need to better explain it better than I though =)
    all of IET works are xianxia since they are all about finding Immortality or becoming Gods etc.
    Steller Transformation/Coiling dragon and Desolate Era are pretty similar and swallowed star is just s revamped version with technology and modern earth instead of some other world

After reading all 4 of them i have to say that DEsolate Era is without a doubt his best work

1. Desolate Era
    2. Coiling Dragon
    3. Swallowed Star
    4. Steller Transformation- The Tear is to overpowered and it makes it feel like some Shounen manga time to time.
    Last edited by Rainne; 04-01-15 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    all of IET works are xianxia since they are all about finding Immortality or becoming Gods etc.
    Steller Transformation/Coiling dragon and Desolate Era are pretty similar and swallowed star is just s revamped version with technology and modern earth instead of some other world

After reading all 4 of them i have to say that DEsolate Era is without a doubt his best work

1. Desolate Era
    2. Coiling Dragon
    3. Swallowed Star
    4. Steller Transformation- The Tear is to overpowered and it makes it feel like some Shounen manga time to time.
    Disagree. You can baidu the genre and it will show you a list of what is xianxia books by IET. Some are obviously magic fantasy 魔幻 and science fiction fantasy 科幻

Xianxia is closely related to wuxia, the xia at the end tells you so.

IET books honestly don't have the xia elements. Most of the MC are extremely selfish and greedy.