Thread: Yun Zhongyue's (雲中岳) Jianghu

Default Yun Zhongyue's (雲中岳) Jianghu

Last edited by whiteskwirl; 08-12-19 at 10:42 AM.

Yun Zhongyue's jianghu is not happy and carefree like that of Jin Yong or Liang Yusheng, his jianghu is an "autumn wind and rains and freezing cold frost" jianghu. The strong eat the weak is the standard of Yun Zhongyue's jianghu, and the imperial court is the jianghu's biggest tyrant. And the protagonist of his novels have to strive to live, outwardly suffering humiliation while inwardly struggling with their inner hearts, only bursting forth for a brief instant their magnificent radiance.
    Is any of his novels being adapted in tv serials?? Well, his jianghu is quite unique comparing to Jin Yong and Gulong. It's suck to be his protagonists that there is no happy go lucky with countless beauties fall in love with them .

Too bad that pretty much all tv serial producers keep making remake. They should make tv serials based on novels from less popular authors that haven't adapted into serial. The cost of royalty from less popular author should be way way cheaper than Jin Yong and Gulong.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 03-17-15 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Is there any of his novels being adapted in tv serials?? Well, his jianghu is quite unique comparing to Jin Yong and Gulong. It's suck to be his protagonists that there is no happy go lucky with countless beauties fall in love with them .

Too bad that pretty much all tv serial producers keep making remake. They should make tv serials based on novels from less popular authors that haven't adapted into serial. The cost of royalty from less popular author should be way way cheaper than Jin Yong and Gulong.
    I agree about TV serials. I mean how many times do they have to remake the same Jin Yong novels? But I guess they have to go with what will make them money. But yeah, there are a lot of other great novels out there that could be adapted.

No, none of Yun Zhongyue's novels have been made into movies or tv shows.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteskwirl View Post
    I agree about TV serials. I mean how many times do they have to remake the same Jin Yong novels? But I guess they have to go with what will make them money. But yeah, there are a lot of other great novels out there that could be adapted.
    I disagree about the money. I think if the producers will make more money if they make tv serials from the less popular novels. The wuxia fans would prefer new storylines rather than remakes. The less popular authors would accept much much lower royalty from their novels than Jin Yong and Gulong. The less popular authors would accept 10% the price of what Jin Yong is asking.

No, none of Yun Zhongyue's novels have been made into movies or tv shows.
    Yeah, Yun Zhongyue and other wuxia writers novels should be made into tv shows. The producers should not keep making remakes. In addition, the producers should not overused of CGI. They should rely more on martial art just like TVB and ATV did back in the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Yeah, Yun Zhongyue and other wuxia writers novels should be made into tv shows. The producers should not keep making remakes. In addition, the producers should not overused of CGI. They should rely more on martial art just like TVB and ATV did back in the old days.
    I really dislike all the CGI as well.