Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Noel Leung Siu Bing (梁小冰)

i met Noel 3 years ago (same event where i met Ada Choi) at church in Toronto. her husband Gary was there too. I also got to meet Gary's niece and for a while, i talked to Gary's niece on ICQ frequently. I've lost contact with her but i think i still have her email.

anyway, from a face-to-face standpoint, Noel is....in a word, HOT!!!! not too fat, not too thin (like *coughADAcough*), but just right. she seems to be short. I'm estimating around 5'5 or 5'6. She was nice enough to gimme her autograph on a poster (advertising the event) which i luckily found. Although i tried to help a friend and get her autograph for that friend, she refused and said she was eating as an excuse. and boy....did she ever pig out! Gary Chan seemed to have more table manners than Noel. (lol!) Can't blame her for the bad table manners, she's only human. I'd do the same if the situation ever bestowed on me

Gary Chan seemed to be a very polite fella. but i didn't get a chance to chat along with him.

So lucky that you had the chance to meet Noel, tinlunlau! I'd love to meet her sometime too. Hmm 5'5'" or 5'6" isn't really short. Average height. I've always thought that she was around 5'4". LOL, Noel pigging out, I can't imagine that. How was her personality, did she seem pretty nice? So you met Ada Choi there as well ?
    today is my spam day. any more news on her new series? i wonder whatever happened to her period series with sunny chan. did it just not happen? can anyone help me? anyhow, i can't wait until she's done with this series with yubo. i really am sitting at the edge of my seat waiting for another series with my favorite actress of all time.
    Yeah, there hasn't really been a lot of news on Noel lately . What?? She was in a drama with Sunny? When was this?
    I still think she's really pretty and she doesn't even look her age! My gosh I could swear she could pass as a girl younger than me! *LOL*
    Yeah, I totally agree with you sorrow. She still looks very young for her age. Doesn't even look any different from when she started acting.
    Last edited by botan; 09-30-04 at 02:55 PM.

It's funny how Noel doesn't age that much while her husband Gary has aged so much. I mean comparing from 1995 when he starred in a series with Ada Choi called Self-Denial. I'm currently rewatching the series and he was actually quite young looking but if you see Butterfly Lovers, he looks really old. But Noel still looks the same.

Here's a picture of the actor who plays Ada's father/Gary's sifu, Ada, and gary

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hosting-hub.com/filedeposit/uploads/30092004/83.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hosting-hub.com/filedeposit/uploads/30092004/0109enew18b1.jpg')

Does anyone know if this picture is from her 1991 Miss HK Runner-up or from a different event?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hosting-hub.com/filedeposit/uploads/30092004/053.jpg')

Here's a cute picture of her eating:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hosting-hub.com/filedeposit/uploads/30092004/usa1.jpg')
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-30-04 at 07:31 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by botan
    So lucky that you had the chance to meet Noel, tinlunlau! I'd love to meet her sometime too. Hmm 5'5'" or 5'6" isn't really short. Average height. I've always thought that she was around 5'4". LOL, Noel pigging out, I can't imagine that. How was her personality, did she seem pretty nice? So you met Ada Choi there as well ?
    come to think of it. she probably was 5'4. sounds a little more accurate. i didn't really get to talk to her Noel so I can't say much about her personality. I got to know Gary Chan's niece a little better, tho. she showed me so many off-the-set photos of her with other actors (she seems to really like Zhao Wei and Andy Hui).

i only got to eat with Noel and the others because one of the actors is actually a good friend of my grampa.

[QUOTE=Suet Seung]

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hosting-hub.com/filedeposit/uploads/30092004/053.jpg')
    QUOTE]

That picture was NOT from Miss Hong Kong contest. But it's from during the promoting of Duke of Mout Deer 1998 with all the 7 wives cast competition who was best wife-mom. and Noel Leung won that's why she was crowned

tinlunlau, I think I know who you are refering to as Gary's niece. I used to chat with her on ICQ but has long lost touch with her. Her name starts with "C" right?? Can you do me a favor and give me her email address?? Please send me an email for private chat. Thanks. I have been meaning to get in touch with her but eversince 1997-1998 I have lost touch with her.

Oh, I found some more photos from that new serie with YuBo here:

Go see everyone, there are quite a few pictures of Noel and Yubo

http://e.netandtv.com/newClub/ReadNe...d=634&id=67437
    http://club.netandtv.com/Club/ReadNe...d=634&id=67144
    http://e.netandtv.com/newclub/ReadNe...d=634&id=66275

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnRain

tinlunlau, I think I know who you are refering to as Gary's niece. I used to chat with her on ICQ but has long lost touch with her. Her name starts with "C" right?? Can you do me a favor and give me her email address?? Please send me an email for private chat. Thanks. I have been meaning to get in touch with her but eversince 1997-1998 I have lost touch with her.
    i kinda forgot her name. lol! her name was so unique.
    but i remember she always called herself "Dorothy Wong" (which isn't her real name, she just renamed herself with an alias after a character she liked in a tv show).

she doesn't seem to answer everyday. only once in a while.

she's taking some kinda journalism course at the moment. busy girl, she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    It's funny how Noel doesn't age that much while her husband Gary has aged so much. I mean comparing from 1995 when he starred in a series with Ada Choi called Self-Denial. I'm currently rewatching the series and he was actually quite young looking but if you see Butterfly Lovers, he looks really old. But Noel still looks the same.
    Thanks for posting the pictures Suet Seung ! So that's Noel's husband. I remember seeing him in several series from the early 90s but most of the time he only had minor roles. Yeah, I agree, Gary looks completely different from then, almost like two different people.

Self-Denial looks familar. Is the series composed of separate stories?

Thanks for the links to the pictures of Noel AutumnRain !

come to think of it. she probably was 5'4. sounds a little more accurate. i didn't really get to talk to her Noel so I can't say much about her personality. I got to know Gary Chan's niece a little better, tho. she showed me so many off-the-set photos of her with other actors (she seems to really like Zhao Wei and Andy Hui).
    Well, 5'4" isn't short, I least I don't consider it short. She's definately taller than me . That is too bad that you didn't get a chance to talk to Noel but at least you got to meet her in person.

Thanks for posting the pictures Suet Seung ! So that's Noel's husband. I remember seeing him in several series from the early 90s but most of the time he only had minor roles. Yeah, I agree, Gary looks completely different from then, almost like two different people.

Self-Denial looks familar. Is the series composed of separate stories?
    Yes, It's composed of four different stories about the filial sons and daughters and how they sacrifice for their parents and the importance of obedience that touches the heavens. It's a pretty good series. Although I'm not sure why it's called Self-Denial but I like the stories.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Yes, It's composed of four different stories about the filial sons and daughters and how they sacrifice for their parents and the importance of obedience that touches the heavens. It's a pretty good series. Although I'm not sure why it's called Self-Denial but I like the stories.
    Gallen Lo was in that series too, huh? I remember that series now, I loved it so much. The stories were pretty sad and touching. Do you know the name of the actress that starred in the story with Gallen, the one that ends up dieing? Do you know who sang the themesong too? You're right the English title doesn't have anything to do with the series. I've always enjoyed watching those series composed of different stories. It is too bad TVB doesn't produce series like that anymore.

I just got a chance to check out the rest of the pictures that AutumnRain posted. Noel looked so pretty. Lee San San too, she looks a lot better in ancient than modern.

Well, 5'4" isn't short, I least I don't consider it short. She's definately taller than me . That is too bad that you didn't get a chance to talk to Noel but at least you got to meet her in person.
    it's short for me. i'm around 5"10 or so.
    Ada Choi's so much taller. i'm just a tad shorter than her. although i am not sure if it could be because of her shoes. i can't remember what kinda shoes she wore that night.

Wonder why she changed her name to Noel instead? I miss her, she and Ada Choi were my two favorites actress since I was 8. Although I've fallen in love with plenty of other atresses along the way, any series with Noel or Ada in it, I will happily watch. I hope to see more of Noel. By the way, she looks 28-30 years old. I would never guess she's 35!

Quote Originally Posted by tinlunlau
    it's short for me. i'm around 5"10 or so.
    Ada Choi's so much taller. i'm just a tad shorter than her. although i am not sure if it could be because of her shoes. i can't remember what kinda shoes she wore that night.
    Wow 5'10"! I can see why you consider her short. Yeah, Ada Choi looks pretty tall.

Wonder why she changed her name to Noel instead? I miss her, she and Ada Choi were my two favorites actress since I was 8. Although I've fallen in love with plenty of other atresses along the way, any series with Noel or Ada in it, I will happily watch. I hope to see more of Noel. By the way, she looks 28-30 years old. I would never guess she's 35!
    I think she changed her name because she was baptized. I heard she's a very devoted Christian. Did Ada get baptized as well? If she did, I wonder why she didn't change her name too. Even though I have become fans of other atresses, Noel is still my number one most favorite actress. I had thought she was in her late 20s or early 30s too.

the word "Noel" means Christmas in French. Whether it has connections to Christianity, you make the call.

btw, 5"10 isn't very tall either. it's average height.

Yeah, 5'10" is average height for a guy. I'm only 5'1", very very short so 5'10" to me is pretty tall .

Anyways, back to Noel. Yes, Noel does mean Christmas. I have no idea whether the name has any connections to Christianity. Usually, the name Noel is a male's name and for a female, it's spelled Noelle, right?

Did Noel Tv Series with Yu Bo release yet anyone know???

Yeah, 5'10" is average height for a guy. I'm only 5'1", very very short so 5'10" to me is pretty tall .

Anyways, back to Noel. Yes, Noel does mean Christmas. I have no idea whether the name has any connections to Christianity. Usually, the name Noel is a male's name and for a female, it's spelled Noelle, right?

you know....Christmas is known for being the celebration for the birth of Christ.

Gallen Lo was in that series too, huh? I remember that series now, I loved it so much. The stories were pretty sad and touching. Do you know the name of the actress that starred in the story with Gallen, the one that ends up dieing? Do you know who sang the themesong too? You're right the English title doesn't have anything to do with the series. I've always enjoyed watching those series composed of different stories. It is too bad TVB doesn't produce series like that anymore.

I just got a chance to check out the rest of the pictures that AutumnRain posted. Noel looked so pretty. Lee San San too, she looks a lot better in ancient than modern.
    Yeah. The first story had Ada Choi and Gary Chan. The Second story had Marco Ngai and some girl. Third series had that girl whatever her name was that acted as the boy in the story with Carol Yeung Ling and the fourth story with Gallen Lo, Derek Kwok Jing Hung, and that actress you're wondering about is Joanna Chan Pui San.

Quote Originally Posted by tinlunlau
    you know....Christmas is known for being the celebration for the birth of Christ.
    LOL, you are right! Silly me , I didn't know what I was thinking.

Yeah. The first story had Ada Choi and Gary Chan. The Second story had Marco Ngai and some girl. Third series had that girl whatever her name was that acted as the boy in the story with Carol Yeung Ling and the fourth story with Gallen Lo, Derek Kwok Jing Hung, and that actress you're wondering about is Joanna Chan Pui San.
    Thanks Suet Sueng . I just figured out that Nnadia Chan sang both the sub and theme.

Thanks Suet Sueng . I just figured out that Nnadia Chan sang both the sub and theme.
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that it is Nnadia Chan who sings the songs. I only remembered that I didn't answer your song question after hours answering your first question. HAHAHA..silly me.

Does anyone remember Siu Bing's role in Fist of Power? I thought I remember her playing the role opposite of Terry Fan(Huang Kei Ying) and NOT the rich girl who loves Terry. But I read a review that it was Moon Lee who played the main role? EH?