Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Virtual World - The Legendary Thief (网游之盗版神话) by Shi Luo Ye (失落叶)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverNight View Post
    instead of miner's shovel wouldn't it be better to call it "pickaxe"? you can't mine ores with shovel haha
    I'm pretty sure miners use shovels. After using the pickaxe to break the rock, how do they gather the rocks and put them into the cart? By hand? You can't shovel up things with a pickaxe...
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

Quote Originally Posted by SilverNight View Post
    instead of miner's shovel wouldn't it be better to call it "pickaxe"? you can't mine ores with shovel haha
    Although pickaxe would quite make sense (most games usually use the pickaxe instead of shovel), but I decided to follow the literal translation, as the the author actually used the word 'digging' instead of 'mining', which I thought was a little strange. Digger profession? I think miner would make more sense.

So +1 to deathblade for the shovel logic

P.S. More chapters will come during this weekend.
    Please visit my site: Lingson Translation (Currently translating "Virtual World: The Legendary Thief", "Assassin Landlord & Beauty Tenants" and proofreading "I Shall Seal The Heaven")

Furthermore, if you've ever seen the movie Mystery Men, you know how useful a shovel can be as a weapon. Hahaha.
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

Quote Originally Posted by Lingson View Post
    Although pickaxe would quite make sense (most games usually use the pickaxe instead of shovel), but I decided to follow the literal translation, as the the author actually used the word 'digging' instead of 'mining', which I thought was a little strange. Digger profession? I think miner would make more sense.

So +1 to deathblade for the shovel logic

P.S. More chapters will come during this weekend.
    I will go with shovel too because in this story mining method quite unique. The ores is buried in the ground and you should dig it from the ground so I will use shovel.

as one who has been hit with a shovel i can honestly say it hurts :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblade View Post
    as one who has been hit with a shovel i can honestly say it hurts :P
    So what actually doesn't make sense in this story is that the shovel attack is only 1-1
    Please visit my site: Lingson Translation (Currently translating "Virtual World: The Legendary Thief", "Assassin Landlord & Beauty Tenants" and proofreading "I Shall Seal The Heaven")

So what actually doesn't make sense in this story is that the shovel attack is only 1-1
    totally depends on persons strength i guess if a 5yr old used it the damage would be correct

totally depends on persons strength i guess if a 5yr old used it the damage would be correct
    Yeah you forget this is a game. Status in equipment and characters decided everything
    Last edited by KyleSteward; 05-16-15 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleSteward View Post
    Yeah you forget this is a game. Status in equipment and characters decided everything
    technically its a story lol wish it was a game i would so play it

technically its a story lol wish it was a game i would so play it
    +1 to that!!! I only wish that in my lifetime I would still have a chance to play that kind of game

Chapter 23 (Continuous Summoning)

Next, I put the two currently absolutely best equipment for magician in the transaction window for Xu Lin:

[Agile Bracer] (Green equipment)

Defense: 14

Health: +50

Agility: +6

Intelligence: +5

Required Level: 12

[Wizard's Wand] (Green equipment)

Magic Attack: 8-15

Intelligence: +7

Stamina: +3

Required Level: 8

After receiving the equipment, Xu Lin immediately put on the Robe and waved the wand in her hand, "This robe is so beautiful. Thank you Lin Fan, I will also give you the commission for these two equipment!"

Xu Lin's delicate body figure became even more beautiful after wearing the robe. She also looked taller. And combined with her beautiful face, will surely turn people upside down when they looked at her.

Hearing that I would receive a commission, I said excitedly, "Thank you God for this blessing!"

Xu Lin chuckled, "Please! By the way, I heard that you accepted a difficult mission. Xin Yu and I will help you with it. Xue Han is also in the city now, let's call her over. With us four combined power, it shouldn't be a problem!"

I nodded. Looking around, there are now already groups of 2-3 players wandering in the city. In the next two days, this place would surely be full of players already.

Xin Yu was also back already from preparing her equipment, Lu Xue Han had also hurriedly came after Xu Lin's call.

Four people in the party now. After we stocked up the potions and return scrolls, we departed to the Half Side Mountain!

Different from last time, this time with Xu Lin's and Xin Yu's two powerful attacks, my pressure had much lessened. Only 10 seconds was needed to slay level 18 monsters. If it was just Lu Xue Han and me, we would need at least half a minute to do that!

On a rampant, we swept out almost all monsters at the Half Side Mountain's foothill. Grouping in party mode, the experience each person would get was a bit higher than just the 1/4 part. Soon after, Xu Lin unexpectedly had risen to level 11!

The Beastman Shaman Nicholas was standing alone in the desolated valley. Across where he stood, a small flower was glowing in a soft light.

"What are you all waiting for? Xin Yu, use your [Aeon Flux] shots to attract it. Lin Fan, use your [Heavy Strike]. Xue Han, pay attention to heal wounded teammates!" Xu Lin in a flash gave out the orders, her leadership aura was clearly seen.

Xin Yu immediately used her bow and use her [Aeon Flux] shot. It accurately hit Nicholas's body. A '88' red number popped out, a very nice attack!

I also stepped forward and activated the [Heavy Strike] skill without hesitation, followed directly by my level 1 [Combo]. These two successive attacks had stunned Nicholas who was attacking Xin Yu. At the same time, Xu Lin's [Ice Arrow] magic had also hit the target. Although it only caused 45 points of damage, but its freeze effect caused Nicholas's movement to slow down significantly. Its whole body was like an ice sculpture moving very slow.

"This seems to be an easy mission~!" Xin Yu said laughing.

Xin Yu's laughter suddenly changed into a surprise!

Nicholas who had already lost 1/3 of its health, suddenly raised high his hands and shouted hoarsely, "My fellow brave shamans, destroy all evils in front of me. Come out and carry out your mission!"

"Whish~!"

Eight Beastman Shaman appeared out of thin air around Nicholas!

Almost in an instant, all sorts of magic kept flashing. One Shaman raised his hands and released a curse, and my movement immediately became very slow. The flickering flame on Lu Xue Han's body also disappeared. But most unfortunate, a great heal had restored Nicholas's health, in an instant its health bar was full again!

Damn it! I knew it wouldn't be that simple!

Seven electric balls landed on my body and my health was instantly reduced from 446 to 234. If I was hit one more time, I might drop a level!

At this point, a white light flashed on me and my health was back to 356. Lu Xue Han had casted the healing spell just right on time!

"Xin Yu, we'll split the enemies. Use [Aeon Flux Shot] on Nicholas!" Xu Lin continued to give orders.

Xin Yu immediately shot two arrows on two shamans to attract them and divide their attacks. Xu Lin also attacked two other shamans with her fire magic. With the pressure lessened, I focused my attack on one of the shamans. And with Lu Xue Han focusing on healing us, we miraculously survived.

Fortunately, the Shamans' health was perhaps only around 500, I took one of them down with 4 consecutive attacks. Xin Yu's and Xu Lin's attack had also caused confusion among the four shamans. This time, Lu Xue Han played her role well. With her continuous healing, flashes of lights shone upon our bodies all the time, and our lives were once again pulled back from the gate of hell.

By the time I killed the fourth shaman all by myself, the situation had finally turned to our favor. And after helping Xin Yu and Xu Lin to finish the remaining four shamans, we were once again 4 vs 1 against Nicholas. Such a shameless opponent. After only attacking a few times, he once again raised his hands to summon helpers!!

"[Aeon Flux] shot!!"

Nicholas was stunned and his summoning spell was forcibly interrupted. My heart had already reached its limit. Since I could only attack with my [Heavy Strike] and [Combo] skill, my magic points were almost exhausted already. It was even more obvious for Lu Xue Han who had cast healing on us the whole time. From her face that now had already turned red, it was clear that the fight just now was very thrilling for her!

Five seconds later, Nicholas raised his hands to summon once more!!

"It's no good. My [Aeon Flux Shot] cool-down period is 10 seconds!" Xin Yu said in a panic, her breastplate was moving up and down.

"Don't worry. My [Combo] should interrupt the summoning magic!" I said while I activated the [Combo] skill.

"Whish~!"

Just as I expected, Nicholas summoning was successfully interrupted!

Xu Lin excitedly said, "That's awesome. You two should take turns to interrupt his spell casting, so we can safely finish him!"

Nicholas attack power was not high, even lower than the attacks of the shamans he summoned. So, with having a lot of health only, after another five minutes, Nicholas though unwillingly, was finally beaten to death by our party!

"Whish~!"

Three lights rose in the valley. Lu Xue Han, Xin Yu, and I had level up together. Xu Lin had also got a lot of experience. This Beastman Shaman was really an experience heaven.

"Oh my, It seems that there are some items dropped~" Lu Xue Han let out a cry.

Xu Lin excitedly rushed to look. Under the remains of Nicholas, a nice woman clothing was quietly lying there. Besides the cloth was also a book. Xu Lin immediately shared the stats:

[Agile Protector] (Leather Armor - Green equipment)

Defense: 18

Agility: +8

Stamina: +7

Additional: Increase 1% of damage caused by long-range attacks.

Required Level: 12

[Flame Blast] (Spell Book)

Description: Magician will learn a group attack skill.

thanks for the chapter keep up the awesome work

Chapter 24 (Murong Shan Shan's Help Request)

Xu Lin was somewhat dumbfounded and Xin Yu looked at the leather armor with her watering mouth. For an archer, an added agility meant an increase in critical strike rate, but this one also added the attack rate. This armor was not only high in defense, but also had Agility +8 and an impressive Stamina +7. To sum it up, this would super high-quality item for an archer.

Having looked at the first spell book drop, judging from it, I predicted that spell or skill books would definitely become a best-seller property. Just think about it, with no good skills it would be difficult to kill monsters and get equipment. When you get no equipment, then how would players gain profit from this game?

I walked to the other side to gather the Dailily grass while jokingly said, "Sister Lin, have you learned the skill yet? Or are you even thinking about selling it? Only if you are high-skilled then we could make a big fortune~"

There was a flash of light and the spell book in Xu Lin's hand disappeared. Then she gave the leather armor to Xin Yu.

Xu Lin turned and said with a smile, "OK, mission accomplished and the result was really good!"

Lu Xue Han looked at me and said, "This mission is accomplished, what shall we do when we get back?"

"Well, I've gathered the Dailily grass for the mission, so this mission can be considered finished. I think the follow-up mission would be much more difficult, thus we should train ourselves to level up first. Xin Yu, it should be ok now that you wear the armor, don't keep touching your breast. Be careful not to cause it to shrink!"

Xin Yu giggled, "You don't need to worry. Even if my boobs shrink a little, wouldn't people still want it?"

Xu Lin hurriedly interfered, "Knock it off already. We should better keep leveling in this area. What about you Lin Fan? Will you accompany us or are you going to complete the mission?"

I looked into all the items in my inventory. There are five level 10 or higher of white equipment that I should take care first. Moreover, after suffering from the ravages attacks of those shamans, my equipment's durability were already low. And I also didn't know yet what the follow-up mission would be. It would be better if I went back to the city first.

After talking to Xu Lin, I let the three of them stay here to kill the level 18 monsters. With their attack strengths and supporting ability, training here should be a good option.

When I activated a return scroll to return to Hurricane City, there were already a lot of people roaming the streets. The big auction house was crowded with players who had already chosen a class. After spending many efforts to rise to level 10, everyone now was trying to find some equipment to enhance their power so they could maximize their potentials.

I went straight to the alley beside the church and saw Lance, the master healer, was still there. I rushed in to show him the Dailily grass.

Lance held the Dailily grass tightly in his withered hands for a while that I became worried he might hang himself up out of excitement. Finally, he rewarded me for completing the mission.

"Ding~!"

System Notification: You completed <Mission: The Healer Master's Entrustment>. You gain 42,000 experience, 2 gold coins, Prestige +80. You also unlocked a follow-up mission: Rescue Princess Misha!

<Mission: Rescue Princess Misha> (Red tier Mission - Unique)

Mission Statement: Help Lance, the master healer, to rescue the princess. Princess Misha was imprisoned in the basement of the Western plaque Cemetery. The priority is to ensure the safety of Princess Misha!

A red tier mission! It would be obvious that with my current power, this mission would be too difficult to accomplish. It should be better to wait for everyone to get to level 20 first before trying to do this mission.

After I had my equipment repaired, I took out the white equipment I stored in my inventory. Together with the five white equipment that I was equipping, I had about 10 white equipment. I went to the auction house to estimate the prices for each equipment. Currently, the online trading system to trade with real RMB had also been established. A white tier leather armor with 8 Defense was priced at 100 RMB, which could be considered a fair price, but weapons were much more expensive. A level 12 white tier bow with 5-12 Attack was listed for 500 RMB. People were not concerned that nobody would buy, but that there wouldn't be enough items to sell.

At this stage, the prices of equipment level 10 or less had started to decline. Last time, I could sell my green sword for 3500 RMB to Murong Shan Shan was also due to the situation where it hadn't been past the peak price. I checked my friends list to find out that Murong Shan Shan had reached level 14 already. Only two levels below me, and unexpectedly at the same level with Lu Xue Han now. Whether others were helping her or she had equipped herself with the best quality equipment, otherwise it would be impossible that she could raise this fast.

When I looked at the feature list, I just noticed that next to the original ranking lists was a new city ranking list. It was perhaps updated after the system maintenance. I opened it to look and unexpectedly it only list the ranking of players in their original city, but my name was impressively in the third position. The player at first rank was a warrior called 'Kuang Zhan' (Mad Warrior), also at level 16. While at the second place was unexpectedly 'Shuye Shang De Xiao Mayi' (Little Ants on a Tree leaves). Ye Qiu indeed ranked in the city's top 10 ranking as I expected. Lu Xue Han with her level 14 was ranked 8th, followed closely by a female warrior Murong Shan Shan!

"Beep~!"

"System Notification: Your listed-for-sale item 'Underbrush Short Bow' was bought by player *** for 500 RMB. A 2% transaction fee has been deducted by the system. 490 RMB has been remitted into your bank account. Please check your balance!"

Didn't expect it so sell that fast, I hadn't got the chance to get happy when another system message came. I opened it to find a message from Murong Shan Shan: "Switch on the phone communication!"

I hurriedly opened it and immediately heard Murong Shan Shan's voice, "Hello, I'm sorry to disturb you, but there aren't many people in this town that could help me."

"What's the matter? Calm down, don't worry~" I could hear Murong Shan Shan's sweet voice very clearly and in my mind, I was imagining her charming face.

"Here's the matter. I picked up a mission to kill a level 21 Stone Golem BOSS. I partied together with five of my friends. But, since I was the only melee class player that can tank the monster, so when the two clerics were out, the party was wiped out. Thus, I also lost a level."

"What, you lost a level? So you should have been at level 15 already? My good friend, how did you raise your level so fast?"

Murong Shan Shan let out a loud laughter and excitedly said, "That's right. I would be already ranked in the city's top five otherwise and our difference would be less."

"Well, OK, let's talk about the compensation for me helping you to complete the mission. I'm not a self-sacrificing person."

"Hmph, I knew you are profiteer. How about a compensation of 300 RMB, well?" Murong Shan Shan smirked and negotiated with me.

Judging from her desperate situation, obviously I couldn't be soft, "Well, I think you already know. Players with my level aren't that many in this city. If you were to find someone else, you might need to wait for one week until the intercity transfer would be established. Since even you couldn't resist the monsters attack, only a few players would have such a high defense at the moment. I guess this mission should be important for you, right? I think, shouldn't we add some more to the number."

Murong Shan Shan remained silent for a moment, then bitterly said, "You really are a profiteer. All right, I'll make it 500 RMB. More than that, this mistress also couldn't afford it anymore!"

@Lingson

For Last sentence I think shanshan said "this girl" and not "this mistress"

And for next two chapters I suggest you to give english translation for player name. Their name funny when you translated it to english

thanks for another chapter

@Lingson

For Last sentence I think shanshan said "this girl" and not "this mistress"
    姑娘 should be translated to Lady actually. But since I already use the word 'Lady' to refer as prostitutes, I was out of idea and use the word mistress.

Mistress has actually 2 meanings (taken from Google):

mistress
    noun
    a woman in a position of authority or control.
    "she is always mistress of the situation, coolly self-possessed"
    a woman who is skilled in a particular subject or activity.
    "a mistress of the sound bite, she is famed for the acidity of her tongue"
    the female owner of a dog, cat, or other domesticated animal.
    BRITISH
    a female schoolteacher who teaches a particular subject.
    "a Geography mistress"
    archaic
    a female head of a household.
    "he asked for the mistress of the house"
    (especially formerly) a female employer of domestic staff.
    a woman having an extramarital sexual relationship, especially with a married man.
    "Elsie knew her husband had a mistress tucked away somewhere"
    synonyms: lover, girlfriend, kept woman, the other woman; More

@Lingson

And for next two chapters I suggest you to give english translation for player name. Their name funny when you translated it to english
    The author's naming style is strange. He used Chinese names for the real names, English names for the NPCs names, and those funny names for the ingame players name. Which kind of confused me whether to use the translations or just the Chinese names instead.

What do the other readers think? Won't it be strange?

The author's naming style is strange. He used Chinese names for the real names, English names for the NPCs names, and those funny names for the ingame players name. Which kind of confused me whether to use the translations or just the Chinese names instead.

What do the other readers think? Won't it be strange?
    I don't know with you but for me I just use chinese name for real names well because they are chinese.

For NPCs names well there are a reason why they use english names for npc. Moon Monochrome company is based in america in this story. They have branch in every country to run servers and managed players for each country but their main headquarter is in USA so they use many english name for NPCs.

And for ingame players name, well it's common to see all kinds of names in online game.

I don't know with you but for me I just use chinese name for real names well because they are chinese.

For NPCs names well there are a reason why they use english names for npc. Moon Monochrome company is based in america in this story. They have branch in every country to run servers and managed players for each country but their main headquarter is in USA so they use many english name for NPCs.

And for ingame players name, well it's common to see all kinds of names in online game.
    +1 makes sense kinda :P

When I said I was confused, I was referring to the ingame names.

For the real names, I would stick to the Chinese names since it was like you said, they are Chinese.

As for NPC, I have used the English names because my thought was the same. This is not a game in China only, but around the world, so it's natural for the company to use English names.

But those Chinese players, they really sometimes use 'crazy' names. I know that the author didn't just make it up, and in reality, a lot of Chinese players would use strange names when they play online games.

As for the translations, I'm in a dilemma. Whether to use the translation or just put in in Chinese, both would sound stupid and strange when the player has a strange name.

It's all about your preferences. Actually I translated their name to english when I read because their names more interesting that way.