Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual World - The Legendary Thief (网游之盗版神话) by Shi Luo Ye (失落叶)

Yes, I think it was like that. It's just that lately a lot of authors break their long novels into several parts/books and called it with trilogies or something similar. Sorry that I have generalized it for all western novels

BTW, chapter 4 is currently in progress. Hopefully I can finished it later today, and if not, then it should be finished as scheduled tomorrow. Thanks.
    Please visit my site: Lingson Translation (Currently translating "Virtual World: The Legendary Thief", "Assassin Landlord & Beauty Tenants" and proofreading "I Shall Seal The Heaven")

If it's not too much to ask, can you register on aho-updates.com ? I've gotten way too used to that site.
    plunder and steal !!!

Thanks for the information. I didn't know that site before. I'm looking at it right now and studying it. I'll try to register and have the translation posted there too.
    Please visit my site: Lingson Translation (Currently translating "Virtual World: The Legendary Thief", "Assassin Landlord & Beauty Tenants" and proofreading "I Shall Seal The Heaven")

Chapter 4 - The Assignment

"How about you group with someone to train? This way the advancement would be faster. Who would you pick from us?"

Xu Lin really regarded me highly. She put my needs at the highest priority.

Looking at the girls, I stood up after making some considerations:

Xu Lin would not do. Since she was the boss, she used to order around. If she lost her temper, I would be troubled.

Xin Yu also would not do. Her skills should be ok, but her characteristic might be a problem. If she suddenly got wild and took off all her clothes in the game, wouldn't it make me loosing my face? Furthermore, I did not want to get too close to her. With her background like this, not many people would accept it.

Li Qing would even be a worse option considering her psychological side. She often encouraged her customer not to wear any condom. With such a reckless woman at my side, would be too risky for me!

After some more thinking, Lu Xue Han would be the only one that could be considered. At least, she is still more to my liking.

Xu Lin chuckled, "You are considering to pick Xue Han, right? That's also good. As she is a Healer, at least you will save some Healing Potions!"

I nodded and decide to pair up with Lu Xue Han.

Xu Lin had organized quite a feast for dinner. Surprisingly, Xin Yu's cooking made everyone drooled when she brought out the meals. I really never expected that besides being an expert at spreading her legs, she was actually a skilled cook. If she were a virgin, marrying her would be quite a good idea.

Xu Lin happily filled everyone's cup with red wine, and proposed a toast, "Let us make a toast for the glory of our clan in <Moon Monochrome>!"

"Cheers!"

Xin Yu laughingly said, "What should be the name of our clan? We should think about it."

Xu Lin became quiet for a while, the she laughed, I almost forget about that. Does anyone have a suggestion? Preferable, a short name."

"Rose? What about 'Rose Legion'?"

"Don't choose a gender-biased name. I think 'Shining Moon' would sound better!"

"Come on, wouldn't 'Crescent Moon' sound better?"

After a long discussion with no conclusion, Xu Lin said to me with an expectant look, "Xiao Lin, what do you think?"

After some thinking, I said, "It should be easy to remember, but doesn't need to be fancy. We are playing to gain fortune, not to conquer the world."

Seeing Xu Lin nodded, I continued, "So to speak, the name shouldn't be elegant or vulgar. If it's too elegant, it would provoke people to dislike or bully us, and if it's too vulgar, it would disgust others. That's why a common or normal name would suit our little group better since our main focus it to make money."

Xu Lin nodded again and said, "Then, would name do you think we should pick? But make it a short one.""

"Well..." I thought for a moment, then raised my head to looked straight to Xu Lin and said, "What about 'Green Veggies'?"

Xu Lin was silent for a moment, but then with a resolute sound she answered, "It's settled then. Our clan name would be 'Green Veggies' Clan!"

Xin Yu uselessly expressed her disagreement since the boss already agreed to it.

I smiled innerly. An absurd scene flashed in my head: me wearing silver-colored armor, with a God-tier sword, leading a group of women inside <Moon Monochrome>, laughing and singing loudly, "We are the disastrous worms! We are the disastrous worms!" while we stomped over countless of newbies!"

Everybody was eating quickly, even the hot soup was drunk without hesitation. Seeing me finished with my meal, Lu Xue Han at once pulled my sleeves and whispered: "Lin Fan, please help me installing the game console and device in the second bedroom from the right. I want to give it a try."

I looked at the room she mentioned, which happened to be the room that was given to me. Amazedly I said, "But, isn't that my bedroom?"

"Didn't Xu Sister just now said that we should share the room?" Lu Xue Han asked with her eyes looked puzzled.

How could I share the room with this invigorating young girl?

It would be a miracle if nothing would happen!

Watching Xu Lin looked at me while trying not to burst a laughter, I earnestly said to Lu Xue Han, "That was just a joke from her. You should ask her again which bedroom you should take."

Xu Lin heard what I said, seeing the ball was already tossed to her, she gave me a staring glance and immediately said, "Xue Han, you can also see that the other bedrooms have been occupied by those girls. Beside Xiao Lin's room, there's a small studio on the mezzanine. You can sleep there. As for to play the game, we have a big spacious living room. We won't be having many guests here, so please bear with it for now. The game console can be installed besides the sofa, and sitting on the sofa to play the game wouldn't be uncomfortable either."

Seeing that she had no other options, and Xu Lin's words were reasonable too, without thinking about it further, Lu Xue Han agreed.

The next thing was simple. Using Lu Xue Han's game set, I demonstrated to everyone how to assemble it. The wire to connect the helmet and console already had indicating marks. Frankly speaking, it was actually a plug and play setup. What interested me most was the operating keyboard of <Moon Monochrome>, which was different compared to the traditional keyboards. The <Moon Monochrome> keyboard was made from some kind of liquid crystal inductor, which would look just like a molded glass board when it was not connected to any power sources. But once it was connected to a power source, it would transform into a soft-flexible operating keyboard emitting a twinkling dark blue colored light. But upon touching it with my fingers, the touching sensation was bizarre. Although I never touched a woman breast before, but I dare to swear on my ancestors name that this texture felt even better than a woman breast's.

Clapping my hands together, I turned around facing the other girls and said: "Ok then, everybody let's try it out. There is a mini game installed in the game console, so everyone should try getting used with the controller. That way, when the game begins tomorrow, you won't be confused.!"

It seemed that my words had made some impact. The girls excitedly took each game set and rushed to their room. Xu Lin laughed saying, "Each helmet is engraved with a unique game account. When you activate the helmet for the first time, it will scan your iris and lock on it. So you don't need to worry about the helmet getting stolen."

"Well, I have locked the door. Call me tomorrow when we are going shopping."

AWESOME

Thanks for the chapter!

I can't wait for next chapter. Thanks for translating this story

Lingson now I can see why you will call it trilogy. After read more than 300 chapter and read 10 chapters difusing world finally I can see why author call it trilogy. I already see timeline between first and second series. It's just my suspicion but I think MC in 2nd series maybe one of minor character in legendary thief

Sorry guys for the delay. At my site, I did mention that this week would be a busy week for me in RL, so the next chapter would be a little bit late, hopefully Sunday (today) or latest on Monday. And there's also a progress page on my site where you can the translation progress. I will try to finish the translation today, but the chance doesn't look so good since I've only translated 20% of chapter 5 currently. And it was a tiring Sunday. Just got home now.

@kai9004, veqen and Elsa Lee: Thanks for the support.

@KyleSteward: It wasn't me actually who called it a trilogy. I think I got the information from the baidu wiki, or some other chinese novel wikis, or perhaps one of the web novels site description about the one of the title. I forgot where was it stated. That's why I also post it as a trilogy. At first, I was going to translate the third part. But knowing that the three titles are a trilogy, I started from the first part.

Don't worry about releasing chapters late just release them at your own pace.

@Dr.Long: Thanks for the refreshing words. Really feels like drinking a fresh cold lemonade in a scorching hot summer day

is the virtual Game aspect of this novel as bad as Zhan Long, were the MC forgot every martial art experience he had in RL and completely sucks in the game?

@Rainne:
    I'm sorry, but I can't answer that since it would be a preference matter. But in this story, it didn't say that the MC has any RL martial art skills. He was an expert gamer.

And in chapter 6, the game begins, so you can have a feel of the VR aspect. I hope you would think it different compared to ZL

Finally done with this chapter translation. Sorry for the waiting. Besides the lack of time in RL, this chapter was a bit difficult to translate. I'm not good enough yet to translate and describing a scene

So please enjoy this chapter. Cheers!

Chapter 5 - The Experience

Picking up the game helmet, I could feel my heart beating faster. It had been half a year, and now once again, I chose the path to conquering the online game.

Not like last time, this one is a virtual online game. Although I heard that <Moon Monochrome> could be confusing and player's playing talent played a big role in mastering the game, but would I have talent to play this game? That might be only an illusion.

Once I wore the helmet, I felt my consciousness drifted away in a relaxing way. When regained my consciousness, I was already standing on a cliff edge in the middle of a cold night surroundings. Looking downwards, I could see the image of my hands very clearly. Was it my avatar?

I felt a strange feeling from wearing this simple clothes. But feeling the strong wind on this cliff edge blowing on me that even my clothes were fluttering, but actually it kind of gave me a nice feeling. Tilting up my head to the sky, The moon shone brightly emitting brilliant blue rays directly towards the earth, and the void space below the moon began to transform into a tragic war scene.

With the signaling from the bugle-horn sound, a human army regiment in a square formation marched forward bravely. Paladins armed with spike and saber, their weapons gave a white dazzling light that would frighten everyone who saw it. Behind them, a group of Magicians marched together slowly with them, were chanting their spells in a cryptic language sending a gigantic fireball flew towards the opposing army. It shone so bright that it illuminated the area that was surrounded by the darkness before.

In the bright light below the fireball, I amazedly saw that the human army was facing a giant ice bone dragon.

With a 'tsing-tsing' sound, the fireball hit the bone dragon. In a flash before it disappeared, mixed rippling flesh from the humans soldiers as well from the ice bone dragon could be seen from its gloomy big-red wings.

Beneath the giant dragon body, I managed to see that there were skeleton warriors waving the bone shield and rusty steel sword that they were holding. With an urge to kill, they sent a loud war cry towards the human army.

The human cavalries charged into the square-shaped formation of the skeleton warriors, and the big impact caused an opening in the skeleton warrior's formation. But after just a short moment, the skulls of the fallen skeleton warriors were continuously forming back together, and immediately closing the opening which caused the human cavalries to be surrounded and isolated. The surrounded Paladins struggled for their lives with every effort they could, piercing the skeleton warriors with their weapons. Their body was covered in bloods that flowed out from the inflicted mortal wounds. Even the fallen war horses that were struggling to get up were chopped down into mince meat in an instant. The skeleton warriors seemed to be endless. Whenever a human soldier felt down, their remaining flesh disintegrated soon after with only their bones remaining, and a gloomy green light started to glow in their eye socket. These risen fallen soldiers immediately joined the ranks of the skeleton warriors!

A rippling substance suddenly filled the air surrounding them. Wherever this substance touched the skeleton warriors, they crumbled and fell in pieces. Rays of bright white light shone upon the injured human soldiers, rapidly healing their wounds. A group of Clerics finally arrived and joined the battle!

At a more distant place behind the giant bone dragon and skeleton warriors, were a hidden group of ten dark Necromancers. Obviously, they were the ones who was controlling the undead armies in this bloody battle!

When the Necromancers were concentrating on their spell to summon a second giant bone dragon, several shadowy figures who were hiding and waiting for a chance to strike, suddenly appeared beside those Necromancers. The tip of cold looking dagger could be seen under their black clothes when they stroke, causing bloody red light splashing out from the Necromancers' neck.

With their deaths, the undead armies were defeated soon after. The Thieves' appearance had changed the tide of this battle in an instance!

Far behind the human regiments, a group of old villagers were watching this bloody battle scene.

Apparently, some Swordmen were guarding their home village!

"Moon Monochrome", two big words faintly appeared on the horizon. The battle scene below it also had come to an end.

"Phew..."

I can't help but let out a sigh of astonishment. The game trailer was absolutely too awesome!

The opening scene gradually faded, and next, I appeared standing on a big field in a forest. Operation instructions and tips also appeared in my vision. To tell the truth, the controlling in this virtual game is 70% more difficult compared to the using of a conventional keyboard in normal online games. Fortunately, I really seemed to be gifted with game talents. About two hours later, I was surprisingly already able to master the use of the keyboard and brain waves commands to move naturally. By the time this game officially launched, killing monsters would not be a big problem anymore.

According to the information on the game's official website, it would take about three days to adapt to the gear and master the movement in <Moon Monochrome>, but it took me only nearly two hours to master it. Was I really gifted with such a great game talent?

Thinking back to when I was playing WAR3, I could make six strikes continuously on the keyboard in a second. People with this kind of reaction speed would be able to adapt easily to this game. I kind of wondered how long would my old friend need for him to master the controlling of this game. That Ye Qiu fellow reaction speed was even a bit faster than mine. If he had abandoned Warcraft and joined to play <Moon Monochrome>, most likely he would also be able to perform the same like me.

"Ding! System announcement!"

"You have already been online for eight hours, please pay attention to your rest!"

"This if your first time using this helmet. Would you like to lock this helmet with an iris-scan?"

I quickly decided to log out from the game. When I took off my helmet, it was already three o'clock in the morning. I went to sleep immediately. If Xu Lin had known that I was still awake at this hour, she would surely give me an unpleasant look.

Lying on the bed, I was still thinking about the experience I got from the game just now. Such a realistic game. It really made people to eagerly want to keep playing the game. During this pre-launch of the game, many functions of the game were still disabled, like the nerve or taste system. Even the avatar just now did not represent the player at all. It was said that the game helmet would make a face scan of the player, so the game character would have a close resemblance to their own face. You could make some minor alterations, but of course you could not change a dinosaur face into a beautiful woman's.

That would be good. Needless to say, shameless women like Xin Yu would definitely want to change their appearance to look even more beautiful, so they would attract more men easily... However, Xin Yu was originally already beautiful, that without making any alteration would already attract a lot of male players. As for Lu Xue Han, she was even more beautiful. She had the kind of face that would make men drooling when they looked at her.

Xu Lin was also beautiful, but she had different charm and style compared to Lu Xue Han, also more mature. If her soul could be scanned, it would resemble a night elf. Surely, she would make a lot of rich male player determined to follow her in the game.

Even though I have been around for half a year, but her background was still unclear to me. She had also never serve a customer (in a sexual way). Although she often received such a request from the customers, she always refuses them tactfully. The way she managed her employees was also pretty good; she would never deduct their salary, or take some commissions from them.

With my mind still thinking about those things, I felt asleep at some point. It was already three past noon when I woke up the next day. Luckily, it looked like everyone were also playing until very late, so surprisingly I was the first one to wake up.

Thank you for your hardwork m(_ _)m

imho,its really interesting i cant wait how author develop mc and another character

thanks for translating

Thanks for the chapter

I'm glad all of you liked it.

Another delay for now since I'm preparing to move the site to another hosting. The details are on my site. The short version: estimated time for chapter 6 release would be on Sunday

thx for chapter sexy!

You're very welcome Glad you liked it.