Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual World - The Legendary Thief (网游之盗版神话) by Shi Luo Ye (失落叶)

Chapter 10 - Xin Yu's Talent

Everyone had sat on the couch in the living room when I walked in showing a happy expression on my face. Xu Lin laughed and said, "Xiao Lin, so how does it feels, how was your play?"

"The game is wonderful!" I gave a thumb up and continued, "I got several small missions to do just in the forest outside of the beginner village. Otherwise, there aren't anything special."

"What? You already got a mission? Where did you find it? According to several of my pervert-followers, it is difficult to acquire a mission. Most of them has already been snatched by game veterans. Hats off to you." said Xin Yu leaning charmingly on a sofa while she threw a coquettish look at me. She was still wearing her nightgown. The silhouette of her erecting nipples could be vividly seen bouncing.

Xu Lin was also surprised and said with amazement, "You have received a mission already? That's really good. Did you get any equipment we can use?"

I calmly said, "I got one green sword and one green leg protector I'm equipping myself. Well, and there's also a magic robe that adds 4 Intelligence points. You and Lu Xue Han should discuss on your own to decide who will get it."

"What? A robe with +4 Intelligence?!" Lu Xue Han's small mouth was wide open. Such a beautiful yet alluring appearance.

"What's wrong?"

"You know, in my beginner village, someone purchased equipment with +3 Intelligence for 500RMB! And you have even gotten 3 equipment, OMG! Are you somehow related with the game administrator?"

Intelligence +4 was so superb? If I told them that my two equipment would give me a +6 Stamina, I really didn't know what they would think.

After thinking for a moment, Xu Lin said, "About the equipment, we'll discuss it later when we have left the beginner village. Anyway, the dropping rate for equipment is very low. I have seen no one in my beginner village that got a hold on a green equipment. There's no need to sell equipment at the moment. It's better to use it for our own leveling first. Ah, Xiao Lin, which beginner village are you at?"

"Wild Dog Village. One of the eight beginner villages in the right district of Ju Feng Capital City."

Lu Xue Han smiled and said, "What a coincidence! I'm at the Wild Wolf Village which is very close to Wild Dog Village."

Xu Lin nodded, "This is for the best then. The rest of us are in remote villages separated quite far from each other. Xiao Lin should go to Lu Xue Han's village and give her the magical robe to her, so it would make her life as a Cleric safer."

"Em, right, what Talent did you get?"

Lu Xue Han answered with her eyes wide open, "Talent? I think mine was +1% of regeneration speed."

En... A weak one, but it was better than nothing.

Xu Lin said enviously, "My Talent is +1% hitting chance. God, I'm not even sure whether this 1% would be useful or not."

I tried to comfort them, "You shouldn't say something like that with accumulated attributes. Although now this 1% doesn't seem a lot but added with bonuses from equipment and skills, the effect would show quickly."

Xin Yu gave a supporting nod, then said, "My Talent is Perception. It increased the chance to sense hidden creatures within 8 yards."

Damn! Her Talent was the perfect counter for my 'Ambush'.

"Xiao Lin, what is your Talent?" Xin Yu shook my arm and rubbed her full chest gently on my shoulder when she asked that.

"No sexual harassment! My Talent is Ambush, which is hiding in darkness..."

Xin Yu burst out a laughter. A pair of white ** could be seen jiggling, really giving a torture to the seeing eyes. After a while she calmed down, wiped her tears and said, "I must say, fate really bind the two of us together, that even our Talents would subdue each other's. How about you come to me tonight? This big sister has suppressed herself for the last two days..."

"Screw you! Just pick up ducks from the street, there are many of them!" (TL Note: Duck here refers to a Gigolo)

"I would have to spend some money if I looked for a duck?!"

"Then I'm even more expensive!"

"But I like..."

"..."

I was dumbfounded. Xu Lin then said to me, "Xiao Lin, what level are you at now?"

"Level 5. How about you girls?"

"OMG, Level 5? How were you practicing? I'm just at Level 3!"

"It's probably because of the missions. There is a lot of missions that are for the masses. You all should walk around and talk to all the NPCs in the village; you should get some missions that way. Anyway, everyone should level up quickly to pick a class. Afterward, the leveling speed would raise a lot. Right, sister Lin, how are you training as a Mage? You couldn't be using a rod to hit, right?"

Xu Lin blinked and said, "No, before the class changing, our physical attacks and health are all the same. So, of course, I use a damaged sword to kill monsters."

I was enlightened, "Right, I forgot that."

Then I said to Lu Xue Han, "Wait for me at the village entrance, I'll meet you there. Then we'll go to the mountain where the Wolf Valley is for leveling. Basically, there are currently no other players there."

Lu Xue Han nodded. Her snow-white face unexpectedly was blushing. She was really a shy girl!

Xu Lin pointed at the bread and milk on the table and said, "Well, let's hurry to eat breakfast. When you are finished, get back online to continue leveling up. Nobody should sleep. The next meal is at 7 o'clock in the evening. If you are hungry, just get something to eat from the refrigerator."

"Got it!"

After a quick breakfast, everyone exchanged their game ID before hurriedly back to play. Lu Xue Han and I also went into our room.

After putting the game helmet on, I appeared back at Wolf Valley near the hillside. The gray wolves I had killed earlier were re-spawned already. Lu Xue Han was waiting for me at Wolf Village. That moment, the in-game communicator rang. As I opened it, I saw it was Qing Cai Keke, "Lin Fan, I'm waiting for you in the village."

I immediately replied, "Ok, I'll be there in ten minutes!"

I chuckled. Even when she called, she looked so gentle and lovely!

"Di~" another sound was heard, someone with the name 'Qing Cai You Huo' (Green Veggies Temptation) sent me a text message: "Little lover, how is it going with the beautiful Xue Han? When will you come here to play with this big sister?"

I swore in the name of God! Such a vulgar and coquettish tone could only be Xin Yu's.

"Big sister, I beg you, please stop harassing me! I'm going to pick up Lu Xue Han!"

Xin Yu didn't seem to care, said, "No problem, how about after dinner tonight you accompany me for a walk? I'm so bored..."

It was a surprised that she could feel bored. I thought she wouldn't feel bored playing with her own little Kitty?

After some thought, I replied: "Ok!"

There came a smiling face: "" with no further message.
    Please visit my site: Lingson Translation (Currently translating "Virtual World: The Legendary Thief", "Assassin Landlord & Beauty Tenants" and proofreading "I Shall Seal The Heaven")

thx for the chapter!

Thanks for the chapter!

Up to now I hadn't looked at the title of the book in Chinese. I just did, and I'm not sure if your translation is the most clear, and I remember you saying something a while back about how he's not a thief. But 盗版 refers to pirated, copied or fake things. By itself, 盗 mean thief, but when you couple it with 版 it becomes a new word. So I feel like the title should be more something like Virtual World: God of Piracy, or something like that... Just my opinion, though.
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

@deathblade: I was thinking about changing it to assasin, but according to KyleSteward who has almost finished reading this novel, the title was indeed quite misleading and no matter how you change it, it won't fit. So I decided to just let it be like.
    Please visit my site: Lingson Translation (Currently translating "Virtual World: The Legendary Thief", "Assassin Landlord & Beauty Tenants" and proofreading "I Shall Seal The Heaven")

Thanks for the chapter

Yeah title really misleading..

click to show/hide spoilers
    the only connection I can think why this series called legendary thief is when game company promote this game they really highlighted thief and their class unique skill stealth, and MC get this skill later when his talent promoted even if he is a swordsman

Beware spoilers
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Or maybe because he can steal many girls heart so he called legendary thief LoL

I already finished this one anyway..currently reading 2nd story of trilogy

Already finished?

I haven't even gotten any time to read further from where I stopped last time because of the translation LOL..

BTW, just some information for all the readers:

I promised to published sample chapters of the edited MT to chapter 10, and it's done. So while I'm still waiting to close the poll at my site tomorrow, meanwhile, I'm gonna spend my time to rest or work on the infrastructure.

Although the final result isn't out yet, but I think it would not change too much. The current results has the Semi Combined method with over 60% votes. So it's going to go that way. But there will be some alterations. When I translated chapter 7, it was a coincidence that the text were not complicated and I didn't even need to crosscheck the original text, that I came up with the proposal last time.

But chapter 8-10 were different. Without checking the original text, there is no way I could decipher the MT words meaning. So I end up actually doing it like the manual translation. The difference is that when I was translating a confusing paragraph (not from the meaning, but how to express it in a 'perfectly nice' words, I didn't spend hours (ok.. ok.. that was exaggerating LOL). I mean, I still spend more time to decipher the text, or thinking of how I should write it, but since most of you are satisfied with a not perfect translation, sometimes I just put it in simple words, as long as the readers get the point. Besides, I can always edit it later on with a slower pace.

So my point is that it turns out that I need more time to translate a chapter than what I predicted. But fortunately for me, it's not disturbing my daily activity, and fortunately for the readers, they get a better translation quality . So, one chapter a day should be feasible, but on weekend I'm going to take some break to do other stuffs, like editing, working on my site or doing other stuffs.
    So all of you should bear with only about 5 chapters / week. Well, if I had to do it full time only translating everyday, I wouldn't mind if the situation is like Ren's LOL

That's all folks.. So don't expect any new chapters until Monday. Thank you all for the support!

The final results are in. And there are some news too. Please visit my site for details.

The next chapter will be finished/released tonight. My time zone is UTC+7 and usually I'm done with translating and checking around 11pm (my time zone). So, I would publish the chapters around that time (11-12 pm).

Chapter 11 (Leveling Up)

I opened the map and it was just as Lu Xue Han said, the Wild Dog Village and the Wild Wolf Village were close to each other. It would not be more than a ten-minute trip.

I conveniently killed all the monsters on the way there and when I reached Wild Wolf Village, I had already reached Level 6. The experience points from the Level 9 monsters were really something!

Right, I probably made it to the ranking list!

Looking at the ranking list, all China top ten players were at level 6. The leveling speed in this game was quite slow, otherwise someone certainly would already accomplished a class change after this 9 hours!

I looked carefully at the top 50 list, but I couldn't find my name there. So their experiences must be higher than mine! At the bottom of the ranking list was a line printed with small characters: You are now ranked 98,652 in the world and ranked 60,231 in China.

I was stunned. I only ranked in the world's top 100,000 and ranked 60,000 in China. The competitions were indeed like crazy!

At the village gate, a gorgeous girl was standing there looking around. It was obviously Lu Xue Han's pretty face, with no changes at all! This girl, wasn't she afraid that someone would recognize her in real life?

"It is you, Lu Xue Han, right?" I went over to ask her.

The name Qing Cai Keke showed up above her head. I said in embarrassment, "I'd better call you Keke, that would be more natural. I won't call names in the future."

Lu Xue Han nodded while giving my sword an envy look. I then remembered that I needed to give her something. I immediately pointed to open a trading screen and listed two pieces of equipment:

[Mantra Robe] (Green equipment)

Defense: +6

Intelligence: +4

Required Level: 6

Enlightenment Staff (White equipment)

Attack: 4-6

Required Level: 3

I was lucky to get a drop of this staff when I killed some low-level monsters on the way here. Lu Xue Han was obviously still wielding her damaged sword with Attack: 1-2. It was good that she could change it to this staff now.

"You are now at Level 3 and can't wear the Robe yet. But this staff, you can already equip it. Don't you want to confirm the transaction?"

Lu Xue Han was hesitating, she said, "This robe would probably sell for about a thousand RMB, yet you are giving it to me?"

I couldn't help but laugh, "You fool. Our clan had decided this Robe for you, it's not a gift from me. So you don't need to feel bad. With good equipment, you can level up faster. Didn't you understand what sister Lin had said?"

At last, she accepted the robe, but interestingly I got 100 copper coins from this transaction. It looked like that this was all the money she had gotten. I wondered that she managed to get this sum of money. She wasn't like Xin Yu who with her beauty manipulate the men to take her practicing together. This was Lu Xue Han's hard-earned money. When she had changed her class later on, I could still give her the money back. Now wasn't the time to argue with her, that way she would also feel better, I thought.

"Well, let's go practice to level up then. You should stay close. Since my equipment are better, when we encounter a monster, I would be the tank. After I hit the monster, you should also follow up with a hit."

"Ok." Lu Xue Han complied.

Now partying with Lu Xue Han, once again I went to the Wild Wolf Valley. There were still no other players here, but down the hill we saw players grouped together to fight against Level 8 Wild Wolves. It was laughable to think that often we heard someone's screamed and died turning into a while light to revive again.

"The place we are going to kill monsters, is it still further from here?" Lu Xue Han showed a sign of fear when she looked at those white lights, her voice trembled.

"Of course! Here, we will only encounter Level 8 monsters. What we are going to kill are Level 9 monsters. Don't worry, I can manage it." I said with a calm voice. Lu Xue Han also calmed down quickly. She followed close behind me when we entered the forest that was covered with thick fog.

With the experience from last time, I tried nothing fancy this time and killed the monster in the most direct way as soon as possible. If I weren't also observing and studying the monsters last time, I would probably already reached Level 7 by now. Getting in the world's top ten ranking wouldn't be too hard then.

When my sword hit a gray wolf's head, a red '64' popped out. Lu Xue Han gaped full of amazement.

"Why didn't you attack?"

As I reminded her, Lu Xue Han also joined the fight. Her short staff hit the top of the gray wolf's head.

'-2'

I couldn't believe the number that I just saw. Lu Xue Han should have at least 8 points of Attack, why did she only inflict 2 damages? It was probably because the level difference was too big, a whole 6 levels!

It didn't seem to bother Lu Xue Han, and she continued to attack seriously, so I also concentrate on the battle.

'Howl~'

The gray wolf collapsed and dropped two teeth!

I was surprised, but Lu Xue Han just smiled and said, "I had also received the mission, so the mission item drops are doubled."

That explained. I immediately picked up the item, but then also found out that I could only take my share. I could not take Lu Xue Han's share. After a while, Lu Xue Han suddenly cried out.

"What's wrong?"

Lu Xue Han with her mouth wide open, "I... My experience bar is suddenly filled half full!"

"..."

With 6 levels difference, such an experience gain wasn't strange at all. But probably because of Lu Xue Han's damage was too small, the wolf didn't drop any equipment, which was quite disappointing.

I proceed to move towards the next opponent. Lu Xue Han followed me eagerly.

"Lin Fan, your sword's Attack must be very high, right?" The high damage I caused once again had arisen Lu Xue Han's curiosity.

"Mm, Attack: 7-12. Although not very high, but it's not bad either. The reason your damage is so small is because your level difference with the monster is too large."

"In that case, then I also need to level up quickly!"

"That's right. When you reach level 6 and can equip the robe, you should also be able to defeat the monster here single-handedly."

Lu Xue Han nodded but then asked, "Why don't I have any mana now?"

I gave it a thought and said, "Maybe after the class change, it will appear."

"OK."

Because we slaughtered monster while we also chatted, this training session didn't feel boring at all. Lu Xue Han's skill had also quite improved. I also taught her the guerilla tactic I used before, which she could apply very well.

Before we realized it, four hours had already passed and it was already one o'clock in the afternoon. Lu Xue Han had amazingly risen her level to Level 6. But since her level was much lower than mine, I still got the most experience and had rapidly risen to Level 8. I opened the rank list to see that I had entered the world's top 10,000. There were so many strong players!

When Lu Xue Han equipped the Mantra Robe, her appearance transformed into such an astonished figure. Under the robe now stood such an attractive tall figure showing her big cleavage, with round and ripe buttocks. Who would not be tempted?

Seeing me entranced looking at her, Lu Xue Han's face blushed. She said with a low voice, "Let's get back to our mission."

If you were trying to access my site and failed, I'm sorry.

I have no idea why, but my site is currently under heavy attacks of hackers

I received countless notification from my security plugin and I can't even get into my own site.

thanks for the chapters!

I hope the main character will get to be the highest leveled person soon

Hi guys,

I'm sorry for the delay posting it here. I've been stressed trying to solve some problem with the website. I also apologize if you had some problem accessing my site last night after the chapter release. I've worked on it, and for now it seems to work.

So here is the chapter update.

Chapter 12 (Mission Rewards)

Checking the inventory, I had collected 50 wolf teeth. We completed three missions, and the durability of our equipment was low already anyway. So, together with Lu Xue Han, we walked back to the village. Currently, she could already single-handedly fight a Level 9 monster, so our leveling speed would increase considerably.

Lu Xue Han returned to her village to complete her mission, whereas I went back to my village to complete mine.

"Young man, have you killed all the wild dogs around the village? Oh, you did it! This is your reward, please accept it!"

"Ding~!"

System notice: You have completed the <Defend the Village> mission. You received 1200 Experience, 10 Silver coins! Prestige +10!

Sweat, so much Experience and money! I also gained prestige, but that was not important. What I wanted was money. Money!!

Next, I went to the west side of the village to visit Ahua's house to give her the 10 tomatoes.

"OMG, you collected the tomatoes. Thank you, brave warrior. This is your reward!"

"Ding~!"

System notice: You have completed the <Collect Tomatoes> mission. You received 2800 Experience, 40 Silver coins! Prestige +20! And since you are the only player to complete this mission, you received special rewards: Mrs. Ahua's Tomato Ketchup x30!

Mrs. Ahua's Tomato Ketchup: Increase the maximum Health by 100 points for the duration of 30 minutes. Restore 3 points of Health per second!

I looked at these 30 Tomato Ketchup, and for a moment feeling the enjoyment for the blessing I had received. Such a valuable medicinal item. Although at later stage, restoring 3 HP/second is nothing, but for starters, this is undoubtedly the leveling and life-saving potion!

Still feeling the joy, I pushed myself to go to the village chief's house to deliver the wolf teeth. I didn't know what kind of surprise I would receive here!

"Young man, you succeeded! Now, the villagers could go to the valley again and do their work. You are really a savior sent by the Heavens!"

I held myself back from telling him that the wolves would re-spawn again. The chief continued, "Young man, to express our gratitude, I would pass the deceased village guard captain, the brave soldier Ai Mi's belongings to you. I hope you could fulfill his last wish: to eliminate the wolves leader. Only then would the villagers be safe once again!"

A Follow-up Mission?

Haha, well done!

"Ding~!"

System Notice: You have completed the <Bloody Counter Attack> mission. You received 10,400 Experience, 80 Silver coins! Prestige + 30! You also receive this equipment: [Soldier's Armor]!

You acquired the mission: <Ai Mi's Last Wish!> (Unique)

Congratulations. You are now at Level 9!

With all the nice surprises, I didn't bother to check out my stats and immediately took a look at the new armor.

[Soldier's Armor] (Green equipment)

Defense: 22

Stamina: +4

Strength: +3

Required Level: 8

Wow! Incredible armor. Not only was the defense higher, but the additional attributes were also exceptional. Fit perfectly for close combat! Currently, less than half of the players in the village wore green equipment, but I wore three pieces of green equipment by myself. Others would die of envy if they saw this. Understanding this, it would be better for me to avoid the masses. I didn't like crowd anyway, there was nothing wrong being a lone wolf.

As I immediately put on the armor, I could feel my vitality risen. And when I looked at my stats after I add the bonus attributes from the leveling to my Strength, I almost lost my heart from shock!

[Qing Cai Baiyu Tang]

Level: 9

Health: 304

Attack: 30-48 (Sword of the Beast 7-12) (TL note: I changed the name from Beast Sword as it sounded better)

Defense: 43 (Soldier's Armor +22)

Prestige: 60

Luck: 0

I could only say one word, Super!!

Next, I looked at the new mission:

[Ai Mi's Last Wish]

Mission Statement: Fulfill the village guard captain, Ai Mi's last wish. Kill the wolf leader at the Wild Wolf Valley, and bring back its head to the village chief!

I wandered in the village searching for another mission, but I couldn't find any. It seemed that the final mission of this beginner's village was to kill the wolf leader.

I had all the equipment repaired which had cost two silver coins. But it didn't bother me since I now had money summed two gold coins. Didn't know whether Lu Xue Han had any money to repair her equipment. But since we killed so many monsters before, and the money drop was split, she should at least also have 50 silver coins!

Once again, I went back to the Wild Wolf Valley where Lu Xue Han and I agreed to meet. When I arrived, she was already waiting for me patiently.

"Come on, let's continue the mission to kill the wolf leader!" I said with high spirit.

Lu Xue Han was puzzled, "What wolf leader? I didn't get such a mission."

I suddenly remembered that this mission was a unique one. It was probably given to the first person who completed the first mission. So Lu Xue Han didn't complete it before me!

Fearing that she would feel jealous, I said in a hurry, "Oh, never mind. I got a mission where I need to go deeper in the forest. You could kill Level 9 monsters by yourself here so you could level faster."

"OK, be careful."

I nodded. Watching Lu Xue Han went to the area where the Level 9 monsters were, I also entered the deep forest. It was said in the mission introduction that according to the legend, at the end of the Wild Wolf Valley lived a mighty wild wolf leader which lead its armies of beast to invade the lands of the villagers and viciously attacking the cattle.

A 'Beep beep~' sound rang. I wondered who would call me. I took a look; Xin Yu messaged me:

"Young lover, I'm tired and want to get some sleep. Don't forget to call me for dinner~"

I responded fast, "Damn it big sister. Are you going to tell me every little thing? Are you also going to let me know when you change your tampon?"

Xin Yu initiated a voice call, she smiled and said, "Don't be angry, calm down. I was just worried that you will get bored while you're practicing, so I tease you a bit. Don't be so rude."

"OK, then just say what you need. I'm busy on a mission now!"

"Well, actually it's nothing. I just really want to sleep. Don't forget the dinner thing. See you later, BYE~"

"8~"

I remain quiet for a while to calm down. The forest ahead was growing darker, and the sound of howling wolves could be heard from afar.

Continued following the path, I finally arrived at an open field. It was a sunny day, so the lighting also became brighter.

At some distance, a pack of gray wolves were gathering, moving in groups. Those wolves were bigger than the Level 9 wolves, and their fur were also paler.

Thanks for the chapter!

Thank you all for the 25,000 views

The next chapter will be out later today.

Ta da! Here is your next chapter. If you would like to support me, please do through my ad-supported site

Chapter 13 (The Wolf Leader)

[Ferocious Gray Wolf]

Level: 11

Attack: ???

Defense: ???

No detailed information, only that the wolves lived and hunted in groups. These wolves are blocking the way in front of me, and behind them, most likely was the mysterious wolf leader!

With the sword in my hand, I trembled a little...

There were at least four wolves in every small group. With my current Attack, I would need to attack 15 to 20 times to kill a Level 11 wolf. It would take about 30 seconds. In that situation, each wolf would also hit me 20 times on average, and with four of them I would get 80 hits. If every time they attacked would cause me 15 damages, I would lose 1200 HP in total. Did I have 1,200 points of Health?

No! Obviously not...

Even using [Mrs. Ahua's Tomato Ketchup] would only add 90 HP during the 30 seconds, and together with my HP, it would be around 500 Health Points. This situation would be a dead-end. Could a novice player really complete this mission, or was the player supposed to change class first and bring a group to finish this?

I suddenly remembered the trick I used when I killed a Level 9 wolf before, where I used an obstacle to avoid being bitten by the wolf. Could I also use that trick with these wolves?

With that plan in my mind, I just acted and immediately walked towards those four wolves. But to my big surprise, these wolves were spiritually connected. Rather than only attracting the four wolves, all the other groups behind them were also rushing out towards me continuously.

No way! I was bound to lose a level for sure. Even if I ran away now, those wolves would still bit me to death. There were simply too many of the gray wolves. Even more unfortunate for me, on the path back, there were two wolves I killed before that had re-spawned already!

Which perverted programmer had designed such a situation? This was an absolute death situation!

The plan I had thought well before was forgotten in an instant. While I was trying to avoid the attacks from the wolves behind me, I ran away in panic. Unaware of the direction, I ran into a dead-end surrounded by walls of rock. Was it possible to climb?

Not good! It had just rained, and the rocks were very slippery. There was no place I could grab!

Now, what? What should I do?

Huh? Over there was a narrow crack on the wall. No time to think, I slipped into the crevice immediately!

It must be a BUG. When I got into the crevice, the large group of wolves couldn't follow me, and only one wolf could enter the crevice at a time. The situation had turned and given me a new opportunity. If this was really a BUG, then a moment ago, when I wasn't able to lure just the four wolves, that was certainly made intentionally by that perverted person.

After taking a bottle of ketchup, I drew my sword and stabbed the nearest wolf. Surprisingly, the wolf could only deal me 5 damages. Besides that, because of the surroundings, it had constrained the wolf so that the frequency it attacked me was also reduced. Without having to move my body too much, I only needed to swing my sword down vigorously to chop the wolf.

Thus, even with no potions, I could continuously kill the higher level wolf, and could even rest a while before another wolf moved forward.

Without realizing it, four hours had already passed. I looked at the time, and it was already six in the afternoon. Only one hour before dinner. My stomach had already since long cried out some growling sounds, but in this kind of situation, I would not dare to log off the game. What kind of situation would I be when I got online again? Lu Xue Han had just told me that she already reached Level 8, and miraculously ranked in the top 100,000...

Xin Yu went offline before to get some sleep while Xu Lin and the others were all still online. I noticed that she had reached Level 7. Although not as high as Lu Xue Han, but it was quite good, considering she was a female player.

The wolves outside the crevice had disappeared already, only a few left pacing back and forth hesitating outside. I finished them fast. These four hours, I had at least killed 300 wolves, but it dropped only one green equipment and three pieces of white equipment, as well as some red potions. With such a dropping rate, no wonder players would cry and weep that they had to spend RMB to buy the equipment. Moreover, the experience required to level up was also too much, that even after killing 300 wolves, my level hadn't risen from Level 9 to Level 10. It seemed the rumors were true, that it would be especially difficult to rise from every ninth level to the tenths because of the experience requirement. It would be possible to reach Level 99, but to rise to Level 100 would make a legend...

After hastily put the last wolf down, I could finally let out a sigh of relieve and moved out the crevice. The bright and clear sky outside was really giving a damn feeling!

The 300 wolves didn't give me much a lot of equipment, but the money drop was actually a lot. Roughly figured, it would be around two gold coins worth.

I took the green equipment to look, it was a bow:

[Wolf Tail's Long Bow] (Green equipment)

Attack: 18-32

Stamina: +6

Agility: +4

Required Level: 10

I carefully took another look. I thought my [Sword of the Beast] was the best equipment, but compared to this bow, it could be considered as a trash since not only the attack was lower, but the other attributes differences were also too much.

That's right, which of us again chose the Archer class?

I looked in the friend list to check, and it was none other than "Qing Cai You Huo" - Xinyu!

I had to consider whether to give this high-quality bow to her or not. Just imagine, if I give this bow to her, she would then childishly in a coaxing voice say that I'm really so nice to her, and worse, she would then keep clinging to me pushing me for it...

A drop of sweat fell from the tip of my nose. This warrior who was so brave facing the pack of wolves before, now at last felt some fear!

"Howl~"

A wolf howling sound was heard, and made me remembered the goal of this mission - The Gray Wolf Leader!

As I expected, when I walked around the big rock, a majestic Wolf leader was sitting straightly on a big cyan colored stone. The ridiculous thing was that the other wolves from its pack that was lying quietly under the stone, suddenly turned into Experience points.

[Gray Wolf Leader]

Level: 13 (BOSS)

Attack: ???

Defense: ???

I couldn't wait any longer. The wolves could re-spawned any second now!

I quickly stepped forward, aiming to cut down the wolf leader's neck.

'56!'

The damage numbers didn't disappoint me. It was good that I could deal high damage to a Level 13 BOSS. But this damage was only like scratching the wolf leader. Even its health bar was almost unchanged!

'POW~!'

A fierce claw felt on my body giving me 25 damages. With my 43 points of Defense, I still lost so much health, the BOSS really lived to its reputation...

Several hits later with my sword, the wolf finally felt some pain. And when it opened its big bloody mouth angrily, I didn't waste the opportunity to throw an [Ahua's Tomato] into it.

System Notice: [Gray Wolf Leader] has eaten [Ahua's Tomato]. Unable to restore health within 10 minutes.

It wasn't 30 minutes but just 10 minutes? Was it because it was the BOSS?

No time to think about it, I continued to attack!

Thanks for the chapter!

Sorry guys, I forgot to post the chapter 14 here last time. And also I had to go out of town for a funeral. Just got back now. I'm going to update the glossaries and do some editing, so chapter 15 has to wait until Monday. Thank you for the support!

Chapter 14 (The Big Reward!)

When the health of the wolf leader had fallen about 20%, I pulled back into the crevice at once. Although it gave an angry muffled growl, but with its big body, the wolf couldn't get inside the crack. I rested there to restore my health.

After 40 seconds, my health bar was full again! Restoring 3 HP/second with the tomato ketchup was surely different!

So I jumped out the crevice to continue attacking the gray wolf leader. When another 20% of its health had dropped, I would then went into the crevice to rest again.

In between that period, I had thrown another tomato. Then, after five rounds of this guerilla tactic, the wolf leader's health had finally bottomed out!

The wolves' corpses that were lying around began to gradually disappeared, and not far apart, new wolves had begun to re-spawned. The wolf leader had only a bit more health I needed to take care of.

Its eyes were already flashing red, and it bit with all of its strength every time. Even my leg protector had cracked already. Fortunately, it was due to the falling durability, not damaged beyond repair.

I then drank a small red potion which restored 100 points of my Health, enough to send the gray wolf leader to the netherworld.

'POW~!' It was a critical hit. A bright red number '127' popped out and the wolf leader felt. Although its eyes were giving an unwilling look, but it died helplessly.

'Ding~!'

System Notice: Congratulations, you are now at Level 10!

System Notice: Congratulations, you are now at Level 11!

This was quite unexpected...

Green light also flashed. Yes, another green equipment!!

I almost cried out in excitement. I took the wolf's head and throw it in my inventory bag, then cut its corpse open. There was a wrist guard and a long big sword glowing in green lights.

I was immediately busy looking at the green equipment's attributes. I was damn looking forward to it, especially that sword!!

[Pine Forest Claymore] (Green equipment)

Attack: 24-45

Strength: +8

Stamina: +7

Required Level: 12

[Agile Bracer] (Green equipment)

Defense: 14

Health: +50

Agility: +6

Intelligence: +5

Required Level: 12

OMG, my mind went blank!

If you managed the household, you would know when the cooking oil and rice prices were rising. So, only people who actively engage the monsters in a fight would know the value of Attack points. This claymore's high attack of 45 points was superior compared to other weapons of the same level. Being only 2 level higher than the long bow, its Attack was 19 points higher though. It didn't follow the logic!

It was already something that the claymore's quality was so high, but the bracer was even of a higher grade. From what I heard, equipment with three attributes should be already a blue equipment. Not just that this bracer required level was only 12, but it even add another 50 points of health. The perfect equipment for Magicians who lack health points.

"How much would it sell? One thousand RMB? Not right, at least three thousand RMB! No, 3000 US dollars!"

I estimated the value of the equipment. It was almost time for dinner, so I hurried to pick up all the potions lying on the ground. I looked for Lu Xue Han at my list and she was still online. On my way to the Level 9 monsters area to meet her, I eliminated all encounters with ease.

From a distance, I could see Lu Xue Han was still in full spirit fighting the beasts. I wielded my sword and rapidly went over to help her kill a Level 10 monster, then I said to her, "It's dinner time already, we should get offline. We've been online too long today, so after the meal, we'd better go to sleep directly."

Lu Xue Han smiled and nodded, and followed me back to the village where we got offline.

When I walked out of my room, Lu Xue Han also just got out her room while she rubbed her eyes. It looked like she was really exhausted. In the living room, Xu Lin and Xin Yu were already there discussing the game.

"Someone in our village had gotten a Level 5 green staff! The attributes are good, with a +3 Intelligence!"

"Right, in our village, there was also a handsome guy who found a +2 Intelligence trouser, too bad that his girlfriend looks like a dinosaur!"

I sat down quietly. Just from hearing the voice, I knew it was Xin Yu who had said it.

Xu Lin laughed and said, "Xiao Lin, have you got anything good this afternoon?"

I nodded, "Yes, a Level 12 bracer to use, suitable for spell casters. Defense 14, Intelligence +4, Agility +6, and Health +50."

The discussion stopped and everybody went silent. Several beautiful eyes all looked straight at me!

'I call~!'

Xu Lin, who was seldom excited, jumped up the sofa to leap into my arms instantly and loudly saying, "Xiao Fan, I want it, I want it!!"

I was stunned. Xu Lin's delicate body felt soft and warm, and she was only wearing a thin nightgown. I could also felt her two soft thing pressing on my chest. Still added to that, the warm air blown from her beautiful and tender mouth. This time, my face was burning!

Xin Yu froze as she seemed distracted, but then laughed, "Oh, since when is sister Lin so intimate with Lin Fan? Such a quick progress! Lin Fan, how come your face are so red? Ah, are you not feeling well?"

Xu Lin leaped out from my arms with her face blushed, but said uncomfortably, "That bracer, I want it..."

I also came to my senses, immediately patted my chest and said, "Just say so. I thought you wanted something else that you were so loud. I almost died from shock!"

Xu Lin's charming face blushed even more, gave me a glance, then said, "What else did you got? I have already reached Level 8 today, and I think that the day after tomorrow I will reach Level 12. Then, I can use the bracer."

I nodded and said, "That's right. After changing class and learn skills, Intelligence will be important for you. Oh, I also got a long sword with 24-45 Attack. Superb quality. My current sword with 7-12 Attack can't be compared to it. Does anyone want it?"

Xu Lin blinked her beautiful eyes and said, "All of us will soon reach Level 10. After changing class to a magician, a high attack would not be so useful. Why don't you just sell your Level 4 sword in the village. It should at least sell for 5 gold coins!"

"What, 5 gold coins? Are you not exaggerating?" Even with all my hard work up until now, I haven't gotten 5 gold coins.

Xin Yu shook her head and said, "Not 5 gold coins. You should directly ask for 10 gold coins. That way, you won't lose money. This kind of weapon isn't that valuable anymore, but no one would be willing to sell it either."

I nodded and complied, "Consider it done!"

Considering for a moment, I said it anyway, "That's right, I also got a green bow, Attack 18-32 with good other attributes. Xin Yu, do you want it? Hold on, don't also get excited! We can just talk nicely!"

Xin Yu was so delighted, "Lin Fan, sister loves you so much. Once we get online, I will go to your village straight away."

"No need to hurry. The required level for the bow is Level 10. If I'm not mistaken, you are now at Level 7, right? After reaching Level 10, we can do the trade in the main city!"

"Also good. Let's hurry to eat. I want to level again!"

"Damn, when did you become so energetic?"

Thanks for the chapter!!!