Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Virtual World - The Legendary Thief (网游之盗版神话) by Shi Luo Ye (失落叶)

Damn, thx for the chapter! The cliff hangers are too much lol!!

Thanks for the chapter and your hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverNight View Post
    Damn, thx for the chapter! The cliff hangers are too much lol!!
    You're welcome. Don't worry, the next chapter will come out tonight (my timezone is UTC+7, so tonight means at my time).
    Please visit my site: Lingson Translation (Currently translating "Virtual World: The Legendary Thief", "Assassin Landlord & Beauty Tenants" and proofreading "I Shall Seal The Heaven")

Quote Originally Posted by Lingson View Post
    You're welcome. Don't worry, the next chapter will come out tonight (my timezone is UTC+7, so tonight means at my time).
    That's great news lol!

Chapter 17 (Swordsman Fury)

I sent a message to tell Xu Lin that the deal was successful. Then I remembered there was still a mission I had not delivered yet. The Mission item: wolf leader head, is now still lying inside my inventory.

So, I rushed to the village chieftain's hut and took out the wolf's head to show it to the chieftain. A classic dialog followed, "Heaven, can it be? Have you really took revenge for captain Ai Mi? His soul will now be pleased and he can rest in peace. Take this with you, brave young man, and use your sword to initiate this unique skill."

"Ding~!"

System Notification: You completed the mission: <Ai Mi's Last Wish>. You gain 32,000 Experience, 4 gold coins! Prestige +120!

"Ding~!"

System Notification: You received 'Swordsman Fury'!

I was blank for a while. Curious about what this 'Swordsman Fury' is, I opened the package to check.

[Swordsman Fury] (Skill Book)

Description: Only players that choose the Swordsman class can use this skill. You learned the 'Swordsman Fury' skill.

My heart burst of excitement. There was immediately a new skill showing on my skill list!

[Swordsman Fury]: Passive skill. Permanently increase a Swordsman Attack and Defense by 10%.

I hurriedly checked my stats. The Attack was still 50-86, but there was an additional (x110%) next to it, written in blue. So to say, it was a hidden attribute. The Attack was actually 94 which was not displayed.

Not bad. Even though right now 10% would have little effect for me, but later on, if the Attack had reached 1,000, the real Attack would be 1,100. 1100 and 1000 would have a different result, especially when PKing players at the same level, it could play a decisive role.

I opened the ranking list only to find out that my ranking which was in the top 200 had now dropped to the top 3,000. Were the players so crazy that they didn't sleep for 24 hours?

When I looked at the level of the other girls in my friend list, I discovered that Lu Xue Han had reached level 9. Besides her, the highest were Xu Lin and Xin Yu both at level 8, and the rest of them were at level 7. Not bad actually.

Exchanging messages with Lu Xue Han, she told me that she was still grinding the level 9 monsters, which gave me a sweat. She had been grinding non-stop for 10 hours without getting bored. Well, she really had potentials!

"Lu Xue Han, I'll be right there to take you to a better place. The leveling would be faster!"

She probably had some trouble to raise her level from level 9 to level 10, Lu Xue Han replied right away, "OK, I'll wait for you here!"

By the time I arrived there, Lu Xue Han had already cleared all the level 9 monsters, so we went to the gray wolf leader's place in comfort.

On our way, we killed all the level 11 monsters with caution. When a large group of gray wolves was in sight, Lu Xue Han with her beautiful eyes wide open asked surprisingly, "Are we really going to fight these wolves?"

"Yes. Don't be nervous~" I pulled Lu Xue Han's hand. Without noticing that her face had blushed, I continued to say, "Stay behind me and follow my orders!"

"Understood." Lu Xue Han was still a little nervous.

I nodded, pulled out my claymore, and rushed to near the wolves. When the wolves approached us and had crossed a rock barrier, they started to come after us. I moved back and shouted to Lu Xue Han, "Quick, get into that rock's crevice!"

Lu Xue Han seemed to hesitate, but then complied immediately. I also quickly got inside while keep luring the pack of wolves to follow. It had really become crowded inside!

The crevice was already small and now two people squeezed in there, I could feel Lu Xue Han's two soft flesh pressing against my back. Really didn't know how she felt at this moment.

An ideal setting for a couple in love, lover's rendezvous...

Unfortunately, the wolves didn't share this good mood, they rushed in one after another. As I had expected, with my Attack which I would describe as 'abnormal', it only took me 4 hits to kill this ordinary level 11 gray wolf. Especially after using the [Heavy Strike] skill, killing the wolves was really a piece of cake. Compared to Lu Xue Han who still seemed to struggle to kill a Level 11 wolf, for me it was like cutting a melon.

Actually, I was looking forward to feeling Lu Xue Han's two full mountains each time I collided with her. But I still carefully tried to control my body not to keep moving backward. It wouldn't be nice to be known as a pervert by the other girls.

The Experience bar rose up fast. Seeing Lu Xue Han's happy expression, the experience she gained should be quite a lot. Having a Cleric in a team was important. So even though I sacrificed my training to level up and aided Lu Xue Han instead, it was considered a contribution for our small studio!

Didn't know how much time had passed...

"Lin Fan..." Lu Xue Han called me lightly.

"Yes?"

Lu Xue Han bit her lips and continued, "I heard from Xin Yu that you already have a girlfriend, do you?"

My movements stopped for a moment, "Once..."

Surprisingly, there was a bitterness in my voice.

Lu Xue Han hesitated but still said, "But, Xin Yu said that you do!"

"She must be referring to herself when she insisted that. Shameless *****!" I muttered in a low voice.

Lu Xue Han giggled then laughed, and nudged my shoulder, "Xin Yu is actually a good person. She is a bit wild, but you know, she is unhappy inside..."

While pulling my claymore from a wolf's corpse, not even facing her, I asked, "she's unhappy?"

"She was actually a college student..." Lu Xue Han's voice was somewhat trembling.

"College students** even worse!"

I suddenly halted, "Hold on... College student? She looks like she's 22 years old. Could it be she is the same age as me..."

Lu Xue Han nodded and continued with a whisper, "That's right. She quit the college during her third year. She used to have a boyfriend who kept saying he would marry Xin Yu... Unfortunately, that low scum couldn't bear any hardships. After he took Xin Yu's virginity, he went to find a rich woman so he could leisure every day."

Lu Xue Han sighed faintly and went on, "Sometimes women are very stupid. After she broke up with her boyfriend, she worked in a hair salon. Her former roommates, they all said that she had morally changed... She became carefree. Perhaps, she was living this way as a release."

I was still concentrating on killing the wolves. I knew that everyone here had their own story. But I never thought that Xin Yu had such a bitter past, considering that she would smile and grin happily every day. She had been here for almost two months, but I never knew about this. Motherf***er, her boyfriend was really a man of the lowest grade! Even becoming a boy-toy?

What should be the most important thing for a man?

Dignity!

Please visit my site: Lingson Translation (Currently translating "Virtual World: The Legendary Thief", "Assassin Landlord & Beauty Tenants" and proofreading "I Shall Seal The Heaven")

That new skill is really cool!

didnt xiao yao from zhan long get a similar skill fairly early on too....

Actually some content of this novel especially in game (skill, item, class, boss) will have some similarities with zhan long. I already read all virtual world trilogy and zhan long and I can find many similarities

Quote Originally Posted by KyleSteward View Post
    Actually some content of this novel especially in game (skill, item, class, boss) will have some similarities with zhan long. I already read all virtual world trilogy and zhan long and I can find many similarities
    Whoa!!! You have finished the second and third part already?

Is there any chance that mc got intimate with the heroines?

Btw i got lost about the main heroines,is luxue han or xu lin?

Quote Originally Posted by kai9004 View Post

I think, in harem stories, usually each heroines would get their share of story. At this moment, they are all still training in their beginner's village and only Lu Xue Han was close to the mc. But later on after the class change (what is the term in RPG when a beginner player has picked up a class/profession? I couldn't think of the term, but every time writing 'when he/she had pick or chose a class' or 'after a class change' doesn't satisfy me as it doesn't sound nice.)

Quote Originally Posted by kai9004 View Post

Just like lingson said every heroine will get their share of stories. Their past and background will revealed one after another too.

For main heroines.. it's a big spoiler so I give you a spoiler tag. Read if you want
    click to show/hide spoilers

Heroines is xinyu, lu xuehan and murong shanshan

Xu Lin also interested with MC too, but she has guilty conscience to other girls, so he don't make any move to MC and restrain her feeling. You will see hints throught the story.
    Last edited by KyleSteward; 05-07-15 at 09:32 AM.

So tempting.. Damn... *Trying so hard not to click the spoiler tag*

Quote Originally Posted by Lingson View Post
    So tempting.. Damn... *Trying so hard not to click the spoiler tag*
    Yeah, Lingson I think you already know even without my spoilers. If you already read at least until chapter 35. You will know which one heroines

Noooooooooo! I haven't. Now you spoiled it. :cry:

Thanks for the chapter!

Chapter 18 (Magician Equipment)

In a blink of an eye, three hours had passed, my stomach had been 'growling' too. Few minutes ago, Lu Xue Han had at last risen to Level 10. She was delighted to tell me she had entered the top 10,000 world ranking!

A bit more, I would also rise to Level 13, but I didn't worry about it. There weren't many wolves left outside. And calculating that since last time I slayed the gray wolf leader, it had already been 12 hours. This little BOSS should have re-spawned already.

After slaying the rest of the pack, I took Lu Xue Han around the rocks. There, the gray wolf leader was already sitting on a big stone.

"OMG, it's the BOSS~" Lu Xue Han exclaimed loudly.

I laughed, "That's right. I'll go first, and you should also attack a few times. If possible, you should deal the last hit."

"Yes." Lu Xue Han nodded.

I rushed immediately, using the [Heavy Strike] at once. It even dealt a critical hit!

'244!' Lu Xue Han looked at the number with her small mouth wide open. I was also surprised. Chopping one more time, '119!', this time it was a normal hit!

With my current Attack and Defense, we would not need to hide in the crevice anymore to rest. And since there was a little beauty on my side, I had to act more like an expert in front of her. Besides, with Lu Xue Han's Attack which wasn't low either, the gray wolf leader's health bar dropped quite fast.

After about ten minutes, the wolf leader's only had its last bit of health left, where I still had less than 1/3 health. I was indeed strong enough already...

"Lu Xue Han, you should attack. I will protect you!"

Complying to my instruction, Lu Xue Han immediately went all out against the wolf leader. With her 'White Fist Elegant Legs' style of fighting, once again the wolf leader fell helplessly. Only this time, it died at the hand of this little Cleric sister.

"It dropped an equipment, yay!" Lu Xue Han let out a cry of surprise but didn't pick it up immediately.

I understood why Lu Xue Han was hesitating. She must think that in this BOSS fight, I was the one who actually brought it down. So, naturally, the equipment should belong to me.

Saying nothing, I pick up the equipment. There was two of them: a staff and a ring.

I didn't look at directly, instead I shared their attributes info so Lu Xue Han could also see:

[Wizard's Wand] (Green equipment)

Magic Attack: 8-15

Intelligence: +7

Stamina: +3

Required Level: 8

[Ring of Treatment]

Intelligence: +5

Stamina: +1

Other: Improve treatment effect up to 5 points.

Required Level: 7

Lu Xue Han blinked, and a delightful smile rippled on her snow-white face.

A Ring! Finally, a ring had dropped! And it had a bonus treatment effect!

I didn't know whether it was set by the system or not. But, after slaying the BOSS for three times, the equipment dropped quality became lower and lower. Was it to prevent the players to grind for equipment?

The Wand added quite a lot Intelligence bonus, and also increased Magic Attack. This certainly would go to Xu Lin, the Magician. As for the ring, it suited Lu Xue Han.

Without hesitation, I gave the ring to Lu Xue Han and said, "You should use the ring, I'll tell Lin sister about it. I'll keep this wand and give it to her, together with the bracer."

Lu Xue Han nodded, "OK. I'm also going back to change class. Then we can leave the beginner's village together."

"Yes. Wait a minute!" I hurriedly called Lu Xue Han and gave her 3 pieces of gold coins, "You will need some money to change profession. Learning the class skills would need even more!"

After watching Lu Xue Han went back to her village, I took a look at the three equipment in my inventory. Two for Xu Lin, and there was also the bow for Xin Yu. Since I already said I would give it to her, if I didn't keep my words, she might rage and rape me in public.

Before long, Lu Xue Han already came back with her new class. Still at a distance, she shared one of the skill's information. I looked at it happily:

Profession Bonus - Spirit of Fire: Increases the player's or teammate's Defense and Attack by 1%. The effect depends on the skill level.

Although it wasn't much, but it wasn't bad either.

I praised her at once, "Good, how many skills have you learned?"

Lu Xue Han said with a smile, "I have learned five skills: [Great Heal], with a long cooldown, will restore a lot of Health. [Heal], restore fewer Health, but the cooldown is also shorter. And [Curse] skill, which probably is to use during training only. And the remaining two are state skills." (TL Note: I have currently no idea what this 'state skills' are referring to. Would have a better idea later on when there are descriptions of what these skills are.)

"Let's go then. We will now go to Hurricane City and look for missions and practice ground to level up!"

"Yeah."

The way Lu Xue Han immediately complied was so lovable...

Bidding farewell to the village chief, he gave us a pass, which was the formal requirement to visit the major cities.

Hurricane City was located in the China server and was one of the hundred cities in the server. Players from Jiangsu and Shanghai would start in the beginner's village around Hurricane City. This was probably set up so that players from the same city could easily play together as a group in the game. As for players who wanted to wander around to a farther place, it was also easy. Every city would have a magic portal which allowed the players to transfer to another city. As long as the player was willing to spend 10 gold coins, the player could transfer to any city within the China server. Occasional, for a short period, the portal would open a connection to other continents, so players could even go abroad.

After giving our pass to a city guard, he immediately gave the way and help us with the city functions. The beginner's village was totally different compared to the city. The buildings here were mainly made of huge stones. There were rows of a variety of small stores occupying the city's center area. On the big street, except for the NPCs and the two of us, there were no other players in sight.

I looked at the excited Lu Xue Han and said, "We should spread out to look for missions. Many missions are unique, so if we get it first then other players wouldn't."

Lu Xue Han instantly agreed, "Let's go find some mission then. Afterward, let's do it together!"

I nodded to agree. So, Lu Xue Han and I went separately, one to the east and the other to the west.

Like at the beginner's village, talking to a city guard here, I got a mission to kill monsters:

<Mission: Clean Up The Farm>

Mission Statement: Recently, a group of Lizardmen was causing some disturbance at Matthew's Farm, east of Hurricane City. This caused the city border to lose plenty of its food supplies. While there was a plague in the city at the moment, most of the city's personnel are currently dealing with the plague problem. To save the farm, I hope you can clean up the group of Lizardmen there. You need to get 50 Lizardmen's eyes and bring it back to Roger, the city guard's captain.

According to the mission information, the lizardmen were on average at level 12 to 14. With my current level, there should not be any problems.

Thank you very much kylesteward for your explanation.it really help even it goes with spoiler tag

Thank you very much lingson for your hardwork m(_ _)m

Thanks for the chapter!

Thanks for the chapter