Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATV failed to have license renewed.

Default ATV failed to have license renewed.

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyl...te-until-apr#1

Hong Kong government refused to renew ATV's broadcasting license after the ATV failed to show it can get its shit together after encountering many problems. ATV is allowed to operate until 1st Apr next year.

Well, that's it, ATV. The old ATV we knew and loved is long gone anyway.

That's so sad, I feel bad for the artist there, so many people will be out of a job.

Sad, very sad! I grew up watching many atv dramas and saw how it declined in recent years. It spells the end of a golden era. 😭😪😥😩😫

One empire has to end in order for another to rise. I am sad to see the once great ATV close down, but seriously, the ATV that I loved had long gone. It is only an empty shell with bad management that remains. I hope the workers find another job soon.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

All those ATV actors and actresses can go find work at TVB where they'll play small roles...but if people to value them maybe they'll find work with Mainland China or Taiwan.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I guess they can find work with tvb but your right it will prob be small roles, seems like they are only promoting miss hk. Then again you never know, Joey Meng and Alice Chan seem to be doing well at tvb.

So sad to see ATV close down, they did make some pretty good series.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    All those ATV actors and actresses can go find work at TVB where they'll play small roles...but if people to value them maybe they'll find work with Mainland China or Taiwan.
    I wonder if NOW TV or HKTVE would take them since they have the licences now. I don't see much future for ATV artistes in TVB unless one is extremely good looking or famous. TVB is already dealing with the reflux of artistes that have returned after ending contract with HKTV.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I heard some of the artist that return to tvb are just like hosting shows now. Not really in any drama anymore. Hopefully the atv artist can find work at other tv stations.

going to miss atv, they made some pretty good series.

the saddest part is selling productions to the rival. TVB bought over 60 over non-kungfu dramas from ATV. If only they bought over the golden kung fu dramas so that we can re-watch again....

I read that somewhere too. TVB brought some of their classic drama and going to edit it before airing it.

http://news.yahoo.com/hong-kongs-atv...040055589.html

looks like it cannot last until next April, so sad...

Looks like Ricky Wong may rent ATV's airing channels until it expires next year. So at least the staff will get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Looks like Ricky Wong may rent ATV's airing channels until it expires next year. So at least the staff will get paid.
    Just read about it too, looks like it is still being negotiated. It will most likely be aired during prime time. I think they are also suppose to have a special program about cancer during mothers day as well.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/atv-found-...025600735.html

Looks like ATV maybe save after all. Hopefully they will produce some good series if all works out =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    https://sg.news.yahoo.com/atv-found-...025600735.html

Looks like ATV maybe save after all. Hopefully they will produce some good series if all works out =)
    OK we could have more China-oriented series that are governed by the strict rules.
    Cyril Connolly

I think it says the investor is from china but would it be all China oriented series?
    I'm really hoping they will make series that were good like they did in the 90s =)
    Hopefully the staff can stay since it mention new staff will be hired, I hope they will still keep some of the old staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I think it says the investor is from china but would it be all China oriented series?
    I'm really hoping they will make series that were good like they did in the 90s =)
    Hopefully the staff can stay since it mention new staff will be hired, I hope they will still keep some of the old staff.
    Basically, I feel like it would be like TVB series. Ensuring that they can cater for Mainland Chinese broadcasting, the series can't have any controversial topics, no villain wins in the end, no ghosts, and more restrictions on historical projects, I just find it severely limiting in creativity freedom and we end up with a batch of series that are so different from before. Look back twenty years and we had a great decade of themes and genres involving ghosts, good vs evil, triads, etc...

I am no objection to ATV being saved and resuming production. I am just worried that we will have another company who does not deliver.
    Cyril Connolly

yes, hopefully more good series will be produce. Glad to hear a lot of people will not be out of a job.