Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suggest me a Wuxia novel to translate

Dont know Bagelsons email but you can try to contact him via Gdoc leaving a message in comments https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.uxmrgzpzsiteor use reddit http://www.reddit.com/user/Bagelson

So i found this on reddit :

Tempered Immortal. It's basically about a really smart normal guy who doesn't have smart root (what's required to become immortal) trying to become an immortal. It's more about strategies and intelligence than just overpowering the opponents (it still happens sometimes). http://shushu.com.cn/b_nfg.htm

Cut Immortal is about a guy who was close to being immortal sent back in time (only his memories). He starts over with all of his previous memories and tries to change his past. This is like I Eat Tomatoes novels where the main character is super overpowered. http://shushu.com.cn/b_vfa.htm

Maybe you can give those a try i have read the first 2 chapter of cut immortal and seems fun

yo Tchupac... are yu already decide which novel are you gonna translate???

The suspense killing all of us, leecher...

yes enough with the new suggestions, that could take forever, start translating something already XD leecher 2

I will start translating the Law of the devil if Bagelsons agrees to it

do something by IET! his stories are always great!

Quote Originally Posted by wes174 View Post
    do something by IET! his stories are always great!
    Shut up Wesley!

Quote Originally Posted by Tchupac View Post
    I will start translating the Law of the devil if Bagelsons agrees to it
    My advice after translating so far:
    1. Pick something YOU really like and have read or really wanna read. So that you want to actually translate it.
    2. If this is your first time, pick something easy and modern. By that I mean where the author isn't using a lot of old terms, proverbs, and wuxia terms that may be hard to translate. Ignore this if you have a lot of experiences translating lol.
    3. You might wanna skimmed through and translating it to see how the results are.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by superman00 View Post
    My advice after translating so far:
    1. Pick something YOU really like and have read or really wanna read. So that you want to actually translate it.
    2. If this is your first time, pick something easy and modern. By that I mean where the author isn't using a lot of old terms, proverbs, and wuxia terms that may be hard to translate. Ignore this if you have a lot of experiences translating lol.
    3. You might wanna skimmed through and translating it to see how the results are.

GL
    Thanks for the advice, I translated a novel with traditional Chinese before... I know how hard it is...

Also, Bagelsons gave me the greenlight to translate The law of the Devil. I will create a website now and start the translation I will let you guys know as soon as I finished the next chapter.

Congrats,i just read it at comment14 yay... (clap clap)

Thanks for the advice, I translated a novel with traditional Chinese before... I know how hard it is...

Also, Bagelsons gave me the greenlight to translate The law of the Devil. I will create a website now and start the translation I will let you guys know as soon as I finished the next chapter.
    Haha, wish I can read Chinese. But sadly it would take years before I'm proficient. However, the good thing is that Chinese -> Vietnamese is much easier and retains their original meaning. Which is why I'm using the Viet translation with machine translation of the Chinese raw. I read a bit of Law of the Devil but couldn't get into it. Maybe I give it another try later.

Looking forward to it, i started learning Chinese a few weeks ago but is still not enough to Read and actually understand anything

Quote Originally Posted by (yoYo) View Post
    Shut up Wesley!
    Wow! What a great contribution u made to this thread right here.... Does yelling at strangers make u feel proud of yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by superman00 View Post
    Haha, wish I can read Chinese. But sadly it would take years before I'm proficient. However, the good thing is that Chinese -> Vietnamese is much easier and retains their original meaning. Which is why I'm using the Viet translation with machine translation of the Chinese raw. I read a bit of Law of the Devil but couldn't get into it. Maybe I give it another try later.
    Superman00, i don't know viet but it's a good thing that the Chinese- Vietnamese retains their original meaning.would it be possible for you to share the source for Viet version.
    Cheers!

Thanks Tchupac Gonna follow your blog.

Wow! What a great contribution u made to this thread right here.... Does yelling at strangers make u feel proud of yourself?
    here's my contribution" here's all on IET http://www.wuxiaworld.com/forums/top...s-has-written/ I also back up Farian to help translate Law of the Devil at bluesilver translations, you were interesting in the author of DD, so you could perhaps help out on Mad God at https://itranslateln.wordpress.com/ ...SS needs help too"

"yes enough with the new suggestions, that could take forever, start translating something already XD leecher 2"

and then appears you with the same suggetion as everyone else for IET so I used Star Trek reference in order to shush you

here's my contribution" here's all on IET http://www.wuxiaworld.com/forums/top...s-has-written/ I also back up Farian to help translate Law of the Devil at bluesilver translations, you were interesting in the author of DD, so you could perhaps help out on Mad God at https://itranslateln.wordpress.com/ ...SS needs help too"

"yes enough with the new suggestions, that could take forever, start translating something already XD leecher 2"

and then appears you with the same suggetion as everyone else for IET so I used Star Trek reference in order to shush you
    but i the end i had the right to express my opinion, you did a horrible job to make it obvious that you were quoting startreck. and your comment towards me seemed kinda rude with out startreck knowledge.

but i the end i had the right to express my opinion, you did a horrible job to make it obvious that you were quoting startreck. and your comment towards me seemed kinda rude with out startreck knowledge.
    just making sure you know what it's about, since you can't take a joke

just making sure you know what it's about, since you can't take a joke
    well excuse me for not being a star treck fan. with out that knowledge it doesnt sound like much of a "joke".

Hello Tchupac

Are you still planning to continue with translation of Law of the Devil? If not, i can pick up the project. Let me know if you are still planning to start the translations.