Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: God and Devil World by Zi Chan Bao Zeng

Just translate it bro. He hasn't posted anything in his site for almost 2 months now. It was the same with the series Transcending the nine heavens. Pick it up where he left off bro!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverNight View Post
    Just translate it bro. He hasn't posted anything in his site for almost 2 months now. It was the same with the series Transcending the nine heavens. Pick it up where he left off bro!
    I looked up the last time Superman00 was online, and it shows he was last online over 3 months ago. Also, his website keeps crashing. I've decided to go ahead and start posting my translations. I get the feeling he isn't coming back for a while. I've got chapters 64-68 online at my website: http://chinanovel.net/

Let me know if it isn't working properly. It's my first time building/hosting a site.

Quote Originally Posted by Delivery Man View Post
    I looked up the last time Superman00 was online, and it shows he was last online over 3 months ago. Also, his website keeps crashing. I've decided to go ahead and start posting my translations. I get the feeling he isn't coming back for a while. I've got chapters 64-68 online at my website: http://chinanovel.net/

Let me know if it isn't working properly. It's my first time building/hosting a site.
    Praise the lord someone has answered our called!!

Awesome mate!!! Thanks for Picking this up....

How can i subscribe to your blog ? always opt for Mail subscriptions with these Novels ....easy to keep track of

Quote Originally Posted by Kruptos San View Post
    How can i subscribe to your blog ? always opt for Mail subscriptions with these Novels ....easy to keep track of
    I honestly don't know how to set all that stuff up yet. I should have some time in the next couple of weeks, and I plan on figuring out how to do things like that. The site is very much still in beta. It is my first time building a site, and I'm learning everything myself.

Pardon me if I am being a bother..

Can someone please provide me some recommondation regarding novels similar to God and Devil World, means 'Post Apocalyptic World with monsters' with gaming mechanics...

If you know some please provide its name in chinese too otherwise I am afraid I won't be able to find it...

Terrible News!!! Apparently Delivery Man from chinanovel.net has decided to drop God and Devil World...what a bummer. Is there anyone who will pick it up. We the readers will definitely appreciate it.

http://youjinsite.com/ they have picked up GOD AND DEVIL WORLD .. so you can go there

Quote Originally Posted by DarK_LeGAcY View Post
    Pardon me if I am being a bother..

Can someone please provide me some recommondation regarding novels similar to God and Devil World, means 'Post Apocalyptic World with monsters' with gaming mechanics...

If you know some please provide its name in chinese too otherwise I am afraid I won't be able to find it...
    I try to write a fan-fic story based on God and Devil World. I hope someone would give them a look and gave critiques & suggestion :P ,

I put that here : http://astoimm.blogspot.com/2015/11/...new-world.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hanmeng View Post
    I try to write a fan-fic story based on God and Devil World. I hope someone would give them a look and gave critiques & suggestion :P ,

I put that here : http://astoimm.blogspot.com/2015/11/...new-world.html
    I just took a look at your fanfic and it doesn't seem bad. You may want to clarify in your introduction that you're placing your story in a world parallel to the main Earth of God and Devil World, where Yue Zhong doesn't exist (maybe another of the 800 worlds within the God and Devil system which are undergoing the same tribulation.)

And when you recycled a few of the girls' name but not their look nor character it was slightly confusing but not really an issue. (and again could be explained as due to a parallel world setting)

Having the POV from other characters was interesting as well.

Btw, how much of the original novel have you been through ? There are later premices, devices from the God /Devil System rules you may want to include (such as other worlds, GodWarrior levels, Power imprints ...)

Keep up with the good work !

Quote Originally Posted by alphaphoenix View Post
    I just took a look at your fanfic and it doesn't seem bad. You may want to clarify in your introduction that you're placing your story in a world parallel to the main Earth of God and Devil World, where Yue Zhong doesn't exist (maybe another of the 800 worlds within the God and Devil system which are undergoing the same tribulation.)

And when you recycled a few of the girls' name but not their look nor character it was slightly confusing but not really an issue. (and again could be explained as due to a parallel world setting)

Having the POV from other characters was interesting as well.

Btw, how much of the original novel have you been through ? There are later premices, devices from the God /Devil System rules you may want to include (such as other worlds, GodWarrior levels, Power imprints ...)

Keep up with the good work !
    Thanks, for spending your time to read it.

I guess the introduction do need some editing. Actually at first, I wasn't sure how the story will goes. Will he live in the same world as Yue Zhong but change the story as he affect the outcome of some events? Or will he be in a totally different world?

It was after a while that I finally decided to take this route.

I haven't read too far, I read until Yue Zhong compete with people in Long Hai base.

That's one of the reason why I decided to completely take all the original characters out of the picture and only take the initial situation. This way, I think I will get more freedom in writing the story and probably build my own skills, system rules, etc.

Thumbs up

Thanks, for spending your time to read it.

I guess the introduction do need some editing. Actually at first, I wasn't sure how the story will goes. Will he live in the same world as Yue Zhong but change the story as he affect the outcome of some events? Or will he be in a totally different world?

It was after a while that I finally decided to take this route.

I haven't read too far, I read until Yue Zhong compete with people in Long Hai base.

That's one of the reason why I decided to completely take all the original characters out of the picture and only take the initial situation. This way, I think I will get more freedom in writing the story and probably build my own skills, system rules, etc.
    At first, I thought you were developing your MC to be like the one from "Only I am not attacked in a world over runned by zombies" (Google it if you don't know - quite selfish and manipulative...) then it evolved, try and see what you prefer.

Just FYI, the original novel is developed at quite a large scale, with the Yue Zhong exploring and conquering different regions, countries, worlds, and briefly dabbing into space opera genre by the end.
    Yue Zhong also becomes very ruthless by the end, but he isn't corrupted, still keeps his head straight and priorities in order , which is why (along with massive luck and plot armor) he succeeds where others failed before him.

Well, it's your story so feel free to develop it the way you want !

Quote Originally Posted by alphaphoenix View Post
    At first, I thought you were developing your MC to be like the one from "Only I am not attacked in a world over runned by zombies" (Google it if you don't know - quite selfish and manipulative...) then it evolved, try and see what you prefer.

Just FYI, the original novel is developed at quite a large scale, with the Yue Zhong exploring and conquering different regions, countries, worlds, and briefly dabbing into space opera genre by the end.
    Yue Zhong also becomes very ruthless by the end, but he isn't corrupted, still keeps his head straight and priorities in order , which is why (along with massive luck and plot armor) he succeeds where others failed before him.

Well, it's your story so feel free to develop it the way you want !
    I'm going to read that web novel now seemed interesting, lol, any zombie stories is interesting for me since Walking Dead series.

Btw, I have Romance of Three Kingdom novel in mind as I wrote mine, the only problem is how to handle the modern weaponry within that frame. Should I somehow erased modern weapon? If not then how to integrate it within the story?

How far have you read it? One thing I'm worried about is my English. Sometimes I stuck for a long time, thinking about the right idioms or what the right word to use.

I'm going to read that web novel now seemed interesting, lol, any zombie stories is interesting for me since Walking Dead series.

Btw, I have Romance of Three Kingdom novel in mind as I wrote mine, the only problem is how to handle the modern weaponry within that frame. Should I somehow erased modern weapon? If not then how to integrate it within the story?

How far have you read it? One thing I'm worried about is my English. Sometimes I stuck for a long time, thinking about the right idioms or what the right word to use.
    Well, when reading God and Devil World, Romance of the Three Kingdom isn't the fist thing that comes to my mind !

There is a part of strategy, battles and world conquest, but with a context of zombie apocalypse, RPG setting, and 'human are bastards' philosophy, and later it adds a touch 'the whole world is racist towards China' ..

Anyway, if you want Romance of 3K, take a look at all the dynasty warriors stories.

And about your English, it's not an issue and you'll improve as you go !

As for me, I did read all the 1236 chapters of God and Devil World, here is a 'short' summary I did on another forum :

"In Current translation, we're about 2 months in the story and Yue Zhong has just conquered the LongHai survivor base, then it goes on like :

Month 3: Uses his LongHai base to send troups all over the county, eliminating resistances, recapturing major cities and starts conquering Qingyuan county.

Month 4: During a hunt, jumps on a wild boar back and gets carried far away, alone, to NingGuan county, single handedly captures another village, extend his harem, conquers another county, kills a few more beasts, eat their aphrodisiac core, rapes a few maids,..

Month 5: Link his 2 counties together, kill a few more zombies, manages to capture a major city (LongHai City), gets to lvl 45 (albeit much more powerful than regular lvl 45 with all the quest bonus and animal cores he took), leaves the management to Chi Yang and goes on adventuring

Month 6 : Randomly gets teleported with Chen Yao to Vietnam, ends up facing racist Vietnamese army and massacres them, leave Chen Yao behind with a few survivors, saves Chinese prisoners and build an army with them, extend his harem, kills more Vietnamese soldiers, massacres dozens of thousands of Vietnamese Civilians (to avoid letting them being incorporated by the racist army..)

Month 7 : Makes it back to China, conquers another county (JingXi) , annihilates another survivor who used his power to create a theocracy, get more bonus like an evolutionary Serum (called Ouming serum, after the scientist who invented it)

Month 8 : Adventures into Guining city with a few servants to look for his parents, found them, happy family reunion, Yue Zhong hides the truth that he's a level 6X super-evolver who controls an army of hundreds of thousands and slaughtered thousands of humans, and pass his servants as his friends.. Parents are living poorly but still ok and want to matchmake YZ with some other girl...YZ bumps into some triads and a bro of him, Hu Yi who works with triads...long story short, YZ recruits Hu Yi, eliminates triads and captures Guining City..

Month 9 :Goes back to Vietnam to rescue Chen Yao, receives help from the "Kingdom of Heaven" (a hightech survivor organization based in Europe with design for world domination and a relent of Nazism)... eliminates the Vietnamese and gains a few Vietnamese Princesses as war trophy... has a fall out with Kingdom of Heaven (YZ doesn't want to become one of their pawns)

Month 10 : Gets back to China, conquers YanZhou county, gets to lvl 70...

Month 11 : Goes on railroad trip with Ji Qing Wu, she gets skewered by an eagle monster and taken away, YZ jumps to save her, gets carried away and finally manages to kill eagle who drop a hightech armor, including healing function, uses it right away to save Ji Qing Wu, and ends up carried away to ... Japan. Explores the country, extend his harem, allies with a Japanese survivor camp in Yokohama, prevent an invasion from Kingdom of heaven, get ahold of the flying fortress being built there... goes to an American military bases, fights a few racist and sadist soldier, manages to capture an aircraft carrier, captures a mermaid ...encounters an intelligent zombie (newly evolved) tries to kill him but fails.. flee and ends up in Indonesia...rince and repeat ...(but doesn't increase his harem there)

Month 12 : (about chapter 600, mid point of novel), goes back to China, pay a visit to his bases in QingYu county, consummates Guo Yu (she cannot follow him but wows to carry his children). YX decides to conquer more territories north to eventually re-captures Beijing, to get ready for the big event he was told about in the beginner village. He conquers another beginner village on the way, buy a few more skills, anti-zombie serum, get his army class changed to soldiers ...and start fighting Mongolians, Manchus, Russians ..captures a military base with nuclear missiles, recruit a woman able to control zombies.. adopt and raise an evolved zombie as his step daughter..

Month 13 : Ready to recapture Beijing, but faces strong resistance, including 3 evolved intelligent zombies, YZ kills one but gets severely wounded and has to face a insurgence at his own bases, he repress the insurgence bloodily and throw a nuclear bomb on the zombie army, finally recapturing Beijing, get bonus and gets to lvl 90.
    And straight away, gets a notification that he fulfilled the requirements for phase 1 (recapturing the capital of a country with a population of more than 10million) and he gets the possibility to go through the hellgate to the 2nd world, and if he survives 1 year there, he will gets a treasure of hope, an artifact that will help him fight the future invading hordes. YZ of course goes and he gets an imprint on his hand that allows him to absorb the life force of all the organic beings he kills to level up faster. (and from that point, regular levels aren't much used anymore, GodWarrior lvl are introduced instead, YZ is at lvl 90 which correspond to GodWarrior lvl 3)

Month 14-23 (till chapter 950) : YZ explores 2nd world, build a base there an acquires high tech artifacts and schematics
    2nd World is a world originally similar to Earth and even more advanced, that was forces to play in the God and Devil System, and humanity lost, thus the world in dominated by evolved intelligent zombies, split into the Vampires (blood-drinker) and Cannibals. it's a highly radioactive world, due to mis-use of nuclear weapons, with human regularly mutating and going crazy... YZ meet human survivors, join their resistance and gather more technology (like gundam armors) and allies. He meets an old human survivor who fought like him but failed and leaves behind his treasure of Hope, a super AI, YZ calls it BaiYi, YZ fights more vampires and captures a few cities, and get ahold of another treasure of hope, a puppet make box (powered with animal cores and with enough ammo, able to reduce anyone below GodWarrior 10 into a puppet), recruits a mindreader girls and makes her the head of intelligence corp. Around 6month after he entered 2nd world, he ends up finding a passage to the 3rd world.

3rd World is similarly a world where humanity lost and the world is now dominated by dinosaurs (or monster evolved to resemble dinosaurs). Yz explores it, manages to win a spaceship from another failed human survivor, Spaceship is a Gold treasure, even more powerful than his treasure of Hopes, which are Silver treasure, but Gold treasure need 9th rank monster cores to activate. YZ meets more human tribes, increase his harem with a few amazons, recruits a flying people clan, gets a flying city ..YZ eventually get besieged the dinosaur army but manages to retreat with all his newly acquired army to 2nd World, and Dinosaur can't pursue them (yet)

Month 24 (chapter 950): Completes his ordeal, he is GodWarrior lvl 5 now, get his own treasure of hope (a device drastically increasing the power of any mechanical device it's attached to - it goes on his most advances gundam suit). Portals between Earth and 2nd world are now fully open, and Portals between Earth and 3rd World will open 4 months later. YZ take portals back to earth - Portal takes him to ... South Korea
    Rince and repeat (recruit troups, increase harem, slaughter locals...) goes through North Korea and back to China..Reconnect with his troups and keep expanding his territory..

Month 25 ? (chapter 1010) : Meeting of the remaining 3 superpowers of Humanity : USA, Kingdom of Heaven (a.k.a 4th Reich) and HuoXia Guo (YZ's new Chinese country), all 3 lead by a GodWarrior lvl5. All the rest of earth resistance has either fallen to Zombies/ Monsters or are too weak and spread out. The 3 agree to enter into an alliance and exchange new technologies. They also have a 'friendly' competition of zombie massacre to split the world among them ( a new Yalta). YZ wins with his upgraded Gundam and other laser weapons. The worlds then split as : Huoxia gets Asia and the land all the way till Byelorussia, Kingdom of Heaven gets the rest of Europe, Africa and South American (both savage lands), USA keeps North America.
    Explore/Kill monster/zombie/power-up /repeat ...

Month 28 : (chapter 1060) Dinosaur attacks, USA has to use nuclear weapon to barely push them back, Kingdom of heaven near collapse, beg YZ for helps and gets incorporated by YZ...
    Explore/Kill monster/zombie/power-up /repeat ...

Month 30?: (chapter 1120) USA strong man falls, YZ comes to the rescue, kills enemy, gets to GodWarrior lvl 8, can finally use his Gold treasure spaceship...
    From that point on Yue Zhong is the strongest man on Earth and the de-facto Earth leader.

Month 30-36 ? (about 100 chapters) : YZ get to explore more of the 800 worlds, including the most powerful one, Olympus, which gather lots of strong ppl, with the top 4 being GodWarrior lvl 9...YZ keeps powering up , thanks to his inprint..power-up all the way to GodWarrior lvl 10,enter a new dimension and completes the final quest of the God and Devil System (exterminating all taranghoulas monsters)... YZ gets summoned by the current owner of the God and Devil System and is asked by said owner to kill him to let him move on, and God Devil System is thus inherited by YZ along with the task of taking revenge for the traitor to betrayed previous owner.

Epilogue of 2 years of parties, fun (and all what comes with omnipotence and omniscience) and then YZ leaves to explore the universe and fulfill his revenge task (enemy is supposedly at GodWarrior lvl 13 while YZ is still lvl 10 though)
    "

Final ranks mentioned are :

GodWarrior lvl 10 - Planet Controller
    GodWarrior lvl 11 - Star System Controller
    GodWarrior lvl 12 - Galaxy Controller
    GodWarrior lvl 13 - Universe Controller
    Last edited by alphaphoenix; 12-30-15 at 04:57 AM.

Thanks a lot for the summary, reading your summary I think mine would deviate a lot from the original. Its a bit overwhelming for me and it seem there are too much power, universe, etc; for me to handle.

But I think I could used things like the levels and perhaps the idea that conquering large enough area would give the conqueror access to the next level. From time to time, I guess I need to check on the translation to find more skills to be used within my story.

----

Since likely it will deviate a lot from the original story, I hope the Romance of three kingdom flavor wouldn't disappoint loyal God and Devil World's reader. In my mind, there will be lots of Romance of Three Kingdom flavor until it reached certain point, where at that point onward it will return to HW personal quest, which he will finally met the creator of God and Devil System. Its still too early to say how the story will goes.

So right now my idea is that humanity prevail, most of the zombies would be cleared but in the process the state now disintegrated with many factions and local warlords competing each other to unite the land. Thus the Romance of Three Kingdom flavor.

But before it reached that point, I needed to introduce more characters. Right now it will be like the yellow turban - Dong Zhuo phase.

I'm not sure how many characters I could handle, I already have Zhang Hu for now, then an archenemy of Huang Wen will appeared, there will be two, I guess to re-create RoTK, I need at least one more main character, along with couple of side dishes.

Hey guys i am deciding if i should start reading this novel, but before i do i was wandering if anyone can answer few of my questions Is there a lot of rape in this WN and if so are any of the Mc, Mc's love interests or friends getting raped. Also if there is any romance, is it a harem romance or just regular romance i would appreciate the help.

Spolier ( a little)

@hower7 Theres quite of bit of rape in here, but its not descriptive and happens in the background. People he knows do get rape like random people he meets, but not any love interests or 'real' friends. Its a harem. Highly recommended though.

Thanks i ask cuz i am highly annoyed when rape happens to a friend, mc or a love interest so i prefer not to read this kind of novels. I will give this one a try.

Hi, I am one of the current translators of god & devil world @ https://patriarchreliance.wordpress.com/

Youjinsite has disappeared, so I have picked it up. I have decided to post here in case there is still anyone unaware that patriarchreliance is now working on this project.

That is all for now~