Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: God and Devil World by Zi Chan Bao Zeng

Default God and Devil World by Zi Chan Bao Zeng

Please Use this Thread as Discussion Guys!

Hello all, I just been leeching mostly. So I just thought I give translating a try. I just stumble upon this story and thought I gave it a try. I'm Viet, but sadly my Viet isn't as great as I wish and I don't know Chinese. I want to learn Chinese and be able to read all the novels, but sadly that would take years.

So why am I translating? I'm doing it because it would help my Viet to be better plus I be able to read the story. I'm using the Viet translation as source along with the original Chinese novel. Combining, those two gives a more accurate translation over all. But as with Eastern languages -> English, there are difficult things to translate to. So if you find them, just let me know and I will correct it.

The title 神魔系统 when translated with machine translation gives: Ghost System
    But that doesn't sound great. The literal translation of the title gives:
    神 - God/Spirit/Supernatural
    魔 - Demon/Devil/Evil Spirit
    系统 - System (but I like world better, as that makes more sense)

So I chose God and Devil World. I will add a summary later.

God and Devil World

神魔系统
    by

Zi Chan Bao Zeng

资产暴增

http://www.qidian.com/Book/2271528.aspx

My Site:
    http://www.risingdragonstranslation.com/

In an instant it was the end of the world. Zombies, and variation of monsters rampage through the world, in which the humans struggle for survival. Yue Zhong in these last days of hard struggle, it is very difficult to survive. When Yue Zhong and his team went through so many ordeals of dealing with zombies and monsters was able to regain the country, before he suddenly discovered that he only got over the first hurdle.

World full of nuclear radiation, mutants, mutated beast, extreme shortage of supplies in the world after a nuclear explosion, rampaging dinosaurs, the dinosaurs has develop intelligents and occupied the world, and powerful races appeared that was 10 times stronger than humans. Normal bullets cannot penetrate their body. The orcs ruler has eslaved humans. Placing in him such an absolute vunerable world, Yue struggle towards evolution.

Chapter 1: Special Summon Skeleton

Yun Hua is a university in the city of Lei Jiang, it is a junior college belonging to the 2nd tier in the country.

In a room in the boys' dormitory at the University of Yun Hua, Yue Zhong is taking a look at his clothing. Looking into the mirror to finish dressing.

Yue Zhong while finish dressing, quietly thought: "I don't know if today, what kind of problem that little mischievous devil is gonna give me?"

Today is Sunday, in the room there are 6 metal frame bed with only Yue Zhong, the other roommates were out having fun for the weekend. Yue Zhong was preparing to go out to work as a tutor, to earn his living expenses.

"You mortal that look like ants, I am God! I hate to look at you weak humans living a quiet and peaceful life. From now on, I will put you all into the God and Demon System. Struggle! Struggle hard, become stronger, use your struggling to please me. Only continuously becoming stronger, will you be able to survive. Otherwise, you will die! Now, the countdown begins! 5…"

A strange sound suddenly appeared in the minds of Yue Zhong, as the sound suddenly sounded, Yue Zhong eyes was frozen, just like time stood still. The entire surroundings
    also becomes extremely slow, his thinking was like it was stopped, in his mind he only remember the sound.

"4…"

"…"

"1…The game officially begun, all you ants, struggle to survive!

Following the end of the sound, Yue Zhong was liberated from this bizzare state.

"What is this?"

On the inside Yue Zhong was filled with astonishment, and he stared at the meter long stick in his hand, which appeared out of nowhere, it made him realized what he had just heard was not a hallucination .

"Novice staff, new equipment. Novice level weapon. Attack of 0-5, durability 100/100. Please make good use of this weapon to survive."

"Yue Zhong: Male"
    "Level: 1"
    "Occupation: None"
    "Title: None"
    "Power: 9 (10)
    Agility: 10 (10)
    Vitality: 9 (10)
    Stamina: 8/8 (10)
    Spirit: 12 (10)
    Strength: 10 (10)"

Yue Zhong mind was amaze, a bizarre info like this, overflow directly into his head.

Looking at the meter long stick in his hand, a sense of foreboding welled up in Yue's mind, so he rushed towards the dormitory door to locked it up.

Yue Zhong then quickly opened a roommate's closet and took out a binocular.

The opposite dorm facing Yue Zhong dorm was the girl's dorm, so not a few of the boys in the dorms bought a binoculars to peek at the girls.

Yue Zhong one hand holding the stick and walk towards the window, and look outside.

Right now it is about two or three o'clock in the afternoon, the students that did not went out was sleeping in the dorm, very few people were on the street.

"Save me!"

A shrill scream rang out in the street, Yue Zhong look at the direction of the scream, and saw a scene of horror.

He saw a girl wearing a white t-shirt on the street surrounded by 8 other girls, the 8 girls was crazily biting and gnawing the white t-shirt girl. Fresh blood stained her clothes. The girl was constantly struggling and screaming, but there was no way to escape.

"Why is this happening?"

Seeing the horribly frightening scene in the distance, inside Yue Zhong felt like a storm. He immediately put on the binocular to look afar.

Through the binocular Yue Zhong can clearly see the situation over there.

The 8 girls are biting and tearing the white t-shirt girl, their eyes were without a spirit. They were like mad beasts biting at the white t-shirt girl's body, constantly tearing chunks

of fresh meat and swallowing it.

A scene so gruesome that made Yue Zhong feel nauseous and overwhelming fear.

With an overwhelming fear in his heart, he tried to calmly observe.

The 8 girls were still biting the white t-shirt girl tattered body, her body was full of flesh wound with missing chunks of flesh, after this they stop biting, and spread out wandering aimlessly. Their walking speed was somewhat slow, much less the average person, but they moe in groups, if you were surrounded, basically there is no possiblity to survive.

Yue Zhong looked at those slow girls "Is this Resident Evil.", his eyes turned white. Mouth still covered with human blood, they looked so terrifying, he had a suddenly had a thought.

These girls were acting just like the zombies in Resident Evil!

Yue's conjecture was soon verified, the white t-shirt girl that was bitten beyond recognition and had lost her vitality slowly picked herself up off the floor, both eyes completely white, staggering aimlessly around the street.

"It's bad, zombies!"

Yue was cold on the inside. If it was really like he thought, the entire campus was full of zombie, it would be hard for him to survive.
    Suddenly, came the sound of loud knocking at the door.

"Danger! Zombies!"

Yue was shaking on the inside, immediately pushed a wooden computer desk to the door, to block the door.
    Accompanied by a clicking sound, the thin wooden door shattered, 2 claws pierce through the door.

"So much power!"

Yue scarriedly back away.

Yun Hua University dorm room doors were flimsy wooden doors, but ordinary people without the help of any tool in order to pierce through the door was not possible. The zombie powers was far beyond Yue's imagination.

2 claws pierce through the door, insistently shaking, at the same time came the sound of the door being pushed.

Yue Zhong eyes flashing, gritted his teeth and overcame his fears, walked towards the door, uses his novice stick to chop at the 2 claws.

Yue Zhong chopped more than 10 times before he was able to cut off the end of the zombie claws, the zombie 2 arms where withdrawn.

At the moment that the zombie arms were cut off, it was accompany by a loud noise, the thin wooden door then smash by a head, a head with a big hole, eyes white, a short hair zombie that was a student sticked his in, constantly struggling toward Yue Zhong.

Yue Zhong recognize at a glance that the zombie in front of him was a member of the school soccer team, he was a classmate that live next door to him "Xu Zheng.", they were acquaintances, but 20 minutes ago, they chatted, didn't expect that 20 minutes later Xu Zheng would become a zombie.

"I'm sorry, I want to live!"

Looking at the struggling zombie, Yue Zhong eyes flashed with a complex light, gritted his teetch and holding the novice stick smash down on the zombie head with all his strength.

Under Yue full blow, Xu zombie head was cut and twisted, tilted to the side.

Almost at the same time, a little black book and a black coin xu came out of Xu's body, and fell in the vicinity of his body. A white light that was invisible to human eyes flew out from Xu Zheng into the body of Yue Zhong.

Yue Zhong sharp-eyed, came forward to that little black book and black coin and picked it up, then step back a few steps.

"Level 3 Skill Book: Summon a special skeleton. Description: Consume 10 MP, summon a special skeleton from the world of the dead to fight for you. Special skeleton initial class 1, six initial properties of 10,10,10,10 / 10,10,180 / 180. Cooldown is 10 days. Would you like to learn the skill?"

Yue Zhong took the little black boo, a strange sense of information quickly flow into his mind, he immediately made the choice: "Learning immediately."

"Before reaching level 30, you can only learn 3 active skills. Are you sure you want to learn this skill to summon a special skeleton?"

"Yes!"

Yue Zhong selected without hesitation. Currently he just to be able to survive, for the future he could not worry about yet. Right now just gaining a bit of strength was good.

Those zombies has great strength, even able to destroy the wooden door, hiding inside the dormitory was not safe. Yue Zhong must obtain the strength to live. He will worry about other stuff later.

Right at this moment, The Level 3 Skill Book: Summon A Special Skeleton quickly disappeared into a black light into him, between his eyebrows.

Yue Zhong immediately considered his knowledge, in his mind, touch upon a strange rune, soon a sound prompted in his head:

"Summoning a special skeleton? You need to consume 10 MP."

"Yes!" He immediately made up his mind, activate the skill to summon a special skeleton.

The next moment, a bunch of mysterious incantations blurted out from his mouth; emptiness. A giant cave appeared out of nowhere. The cave atmosphere exudes endless death, the scent of death was in the air.

Meanwhile Yue Zhong felt a slight pain in his head, a mysterious force, causing his head to feel a bit dizzy.

Then a skeleton left with only bones slowly walked out from the cave, the skeleton was surrounded with a black mist, his 2 eyes flashing with a magic fire.

A strange human-like skeleton came out from the world of the dead, Yue Zhong had a feeling of a connection.

"Special Skeleton Level 1.
    Power: 10 (10).
    Agility: 10 (10).
    Vitality1: 10 (10)
    Stamina: 10/10 (10).
    Spirt: 10(10).
    Strength: 5 (10).
    Have skills: Bone Head Ability

The skeleton looked at Yue, immediately went to the zombie killed by Yue, using his claws to pierce into Xu Zheng zombie body.

1: Yue stat was call 活力, but for some reason the skeleton has 肌肉活性, which translate to muscle activity.
    Last edited by superman00; 04-30-15 at 12:59 AM.

Interesting!!

I look forward to more

Quote Originally Posted by jiraiyanairad View Post
    Interesting!!

I look forward to more
    Haha, thanks, I will try to translate at least a chapter a day. Sorry for all the typos. I finished the chapter a couple hours ago and had to get food and shower. Didn't have time to fix it. I will fix it tomorrow, hopefully along with chapter 2.

Thanks for translating it

Here you go folks, chapter 2. The 1st chapter took a long time cause I changed my method half way. Redoing some parts. This chapter took less time, only about 4 hours. Hopefully I can cut this down to about 2-3 hours/chapter. I will try to release 3-4 chapters by Sunday.

Chapter 2: Evolution Begins

A black light flashing, lasted about 30 seconds. The Special Skeleton from the zombie body took out a bone axe measuring 1.2 meter long holding it in its hand.

After the bone axe was taken from the zombie body, it turn into a puddle, full of putrid black pus and blood.

Yue Zhong watched the Special Skeleton, pointing to a wooden computer next to him and said:

"Cut off the table!"

The Special Skeleton uses the bone axe to chop down on the computer desk.

An audible splitting sound, the wooden computer desk was split apart with one strike.

"Amazing!"

Looking at that wooden computer desk split in half, Yue Zhong was happy on the inside. To have such a powerful undead guardian, his chances to survive had increase.

After testing the destructive power of the Special Skeleton, Yue Zhong picked up the black coin and carefully inspect it.

"1 Life Coin!"

Yue Zhong just took the coin and receive such message.

Although Yue Zhong did not know the worth of this Life Coin, Yue Zhong still carefully put it into his pocket.

At this moment, from outside the door came the sound of a fierce collision, a claw abruptly pierce through the wooden door shaking it non-stop.

Between several breath, the door burst open, 4 zombies with white eyes, pushed at the door, and crawled inside the dorm room.

There was a shattering sound, Yue Zhong looked outside and saw that a window was smashed by a zombie, from the outside the zombie tried to squeeze inside through the window.

Yue Zhong looked at the wooden door that was smashed by the zombies, a wry smile, called out a order for the Special Skeleton:

"The school had to minimize cost but shouldn't have saved money on the dorm construction. This is shoddy construction! Special Skeleton, kill those zombies that came in!"

The Special Skeleton received the command of Yue Zhong, took a stride forward, striking a blow towards the zombie's head, splitting and sending the head flying, foul blood splattering everywhere.

Almost at the same time, 3 zombies rushed forward together holding Special Skeleton, while pulling and biting.

Bones of the Special Skeleton is ripped off by the 3 zombies one by one, its HP continue to drop, Special Skeleton axe holding right hand was firmly held by the zombie, unable to move.

A Special Skeleton and 3 zombies tried to squeeze through the narrow door.

Yue Zhong stepped forward, holding the stick and striking the zombie's head, the head of the zombie holding the Special Skeleton right arm with the axe was smashed to the side, its head twisted.

A group of white light from the zombie body flew into Yue Zhong's body.

Special Skeleton right arm with the axe was free, immediately wielding the axe, the head of the zombie was cut off.

Like it could smell the taste of the living, the body of the zombie holding Special Skeleton release its grip. Yue Zhong climb over.

Yue Zhong looked at the zombie white eyes, a chunk of flesh was bit off the face. On the zombie open mouth was full of blood, he took a step backward.

These zombies are extremely dangerous, in a fight with it, just a scratch will turn you into their kind. If not necessary, Yue Zhong did not want to fight up close with these monsters.

At this moment the other zombie that broke through the windows has enter the dorm, and staggered towards Yue Zhong.

Beyond the door, 2 zombies climb in from the hole into the room.

Like if it was sensitive to Yue Zhong, Special Skeleton was still fighting the zombie on the ground suddenly uses his hand to grab the zombie advancing forward.

The zombie advancing toward Yue Zhong immediately fell to the ground, Yue Zhong raise the novice staff striking the zombie head, causing the zombie to twist to one side.

A ball of white light quickly enter Yue Zhong's body.

"You have advance to level 2, you have earned 2 points, please distribute the points!

The ball of white light had just enter Yue's body, when the idea immediately sounded in Yue's mind.

"Distribute to strength and stamina!"

Yue Zhong immediately said.

Fighting the zombies had consume more stamina far beyond what Yue Zhong had imagine, he only dealt with 3 zombies but his stamina had dropped from 8 points to 3 points. In order to fully chopped the zombie head, he had to use a lot of effort.

Just after a couple breath, there was a warmth flowing through his body, he vaguely felt his strength increase a bit. His stamina has started to recover.

"Congratulations, you survived, and destroyed the monsters. The God and Devil World will award you a basic skill. Please Select Skill: Skill 1 – Eyes of Perception, can discern the information of monsters up to 5 level higher. Skill 2 – Language Proficiency, allows you to easily master the language of any country. Listening, speaking, and writing are no obstacle. This spell does not occupy one of the three active skill slots!"

Yue Zhong without any hesitation, immediately made a choice:

"I choose Eyes of Perception."

A light flashing, it quickly condensed and formed a bronze color rune inside his mind.

He concentrated, and utilize Eyes of Perception, looking at the zombie.

"Preliminary Infection level 1 – these are being eroded from the infection of the virus, leaving only the desire for flesh and blood. Viral Infection Skill – as long as there is a cut on the skin, the virus will infect, depending on a person constitution, between 3-10 minutes the body will be infected with Preliminary Infection. Beside the three treatment fluids, with the medical standards of this world, within a decade it is incurable!"

"Sure enough!"

Yue Zhong eyes thicken, even somewhat more afraid of those zombie.

The remaining 2 zombies staggered towards Yue Zhong.

The Special Skeleton wielded his large axe and cleave, a zombie's head was cut off and sent flying. The other zombie lunged towards the Special Skeleton, with a vicious grip, ripped off a bone from the chest of the Special Skeleton.

Yue Zhong took the opportunity to step forward, using the the stick to chop the zombie head, smashing the zombie's head.

"What is this?"

After receiving the Eyes of Perception, Yue Zhong can now see a ball of white light flew out from the zombie body and into his body.

"Could it be that this is what is causing my body to grow stronger?"

Yue Zhong stared at the ball of white light, and speculate.

There is no information, so Yue Zhong put this question aside, looking at the Special Skeleton and summoned him.

- Special Skeleton (White Bones) Level 2

Power: 11 (10)

Agility: 11 (10)

Vitality: 11 (10)

Stamina: 9/11 (10)

Spirit: 11 (10)

Strength: 6 (10)

Have Skills: Utilizing Bones Ability

thanks for translating this. it looks interesting

BTW, the Special Skeleton name is White Bones I believe. So I'm going to call him White Bones from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostpeople View Post
    thanks for translating this. it looks interesting
    No problem , I am reading along as I translate.

Interesting... Really interesting

Thanks for translating this....Looks interesting.

Here is chapter 3. Enjoy

Chapter 3: Zombie Rampage

"Amazing!"

Yue Zhong looked at the Special Skeleton stats, it made him excited.

White Bones growth was higher than Yue Zhong, it attributes increase by 6 points from just 1 level. Compare to an average person, it was now 10% higher. With such a powerful ally, his chances of survival has increased by a bit.

Without hesitation, tolerated the stench coming from the corpses, strongly pushed the computer desk, blankets, and pillow in the room to block the door and window.

Even though it cannot withstand the zombie's attack, it can still delay them.

Level 1 zombies beside being strong, they a very obvious weakness which is slow movements. If you did not encounter multiple zombies, with just a long weapon, even ordinary people can deal with them.

But if surrounded by 10 zombies, you will surely die.

Blocking the door, Yue Zhong let out a sigh of relief in this stench-filled room . The earlier experience made it difficult to accept, if he didn't receive the skill to summon White Bones, at this time he would have become a zombie.

A zombie in such confined environment, Yue Zhong still had difficulty dealing with it. Attack by 3 zombies, he would simply be overwhelmed.

After a slight sigh of relief, Yue immediately rummage through the dorm to find resources he could use. He soon found a bundle of mountain climbing ropes, a mountaineering backpack, 4 packs of instant noodle, a half eaten bag of custard pie.

With the narrow room, taking advantage of the terrain, Yue and White Bones working together were able to deal with the zombies. However, there is a key issue, this boy's dormitory has 8 floors, each floors has 20 dorm rooms, each rooms had 12 people inside, a total of 1920 boy's living there. Although it was Sunday and a large numbers of people went out, but the one that stayed still number more than 600 people. Even one third of these people had become zombies, it would be terrifying.

The most important point, is that the dorm rooms didn't have much food or water supplies. Yue did not know if the water system have been infected or not, other than water bottle, he dared not drink anything else.

Yue quickly tie the rope to the bed, then threw the climbing rope outside the window.

Seeing that the climbing rope landed, Yue then pulled over and sat on the seat. Took out a binocular to look out, observing the situation outside.

White Bones was right beside watching over him.

At this time it looks as though the whole school was in a frenzied, some students rushed out of the dormitory, following in their wake for staggering zombies.

Many students had bandage a wound on their body, with a look of pain, apparently injured.

A boy running did not pay attention to what was under his feet, after passing a corpse, all of a sudden, the corpse grabbed his leg causing him to stumble. He quickly felled to the ground.

"Zhang Ming, save me!"

With a terrifying look on his face, he looked at his friend in front and shouted.

Zhang Ming looked back and saw that behind the boy were the zombies, eyes full of fear, turned around and fled without looking back.

"Zhang Ming! Zhou Feng! Help! Save me!"

That frightened boy screamed loudly.

Zhou Feng, 1.8 meter tall, heard the boy anguished voice, hesitated for a moment, he turned around and glance back, and only saw the boy attacked by 8 zombies on the ground. Crazily being bitten, with only the boy wailing voice.

Zhou Feng seeing this scene, was so scared that his leg went limp, then didn't look back, facing forward and fled.

8 zombies were gnawing on the boy's body, soon the boy's cries disappeared.

The rest of the boys crazily fled outside.

At this point the entire campus have become a mass of chaos, students everywhere are frightened and running away from the zombies chasing them.

There was not many people on the street but all of a sudden there are a lot of students and a large number of zombies. From time to time there were students whose body twitches then suddenly fell to the ground, and when they stood up again, has turned into a zombie.

The campus was filled with an atmosphere of panic.

Yue was watching everything below, he was shaking on the inside. At this time on the street below, the zombie were attracted by the student, running around everywher.

On the street leading to the small supermarket on campus, there are 20 zombies standing there on the street, blocking the way to the small supermarket and the way outside the school.

Six boys from the dormitory saw that the zombies were blocking the street leading to the gate.

As if they could feel the life force, 6 zombies promptly turned and walked towards the boys, the street to the school was not very wide, 6 zombies have the street almost entirely block, only leaving a small gap.

8 zombies behind the boys had just finish eating stagger toward the 6 people.

At this time there were zombies in front and behind blocking the way.

At this critical moment, two boys with a look of horror, loudly shouting rushed toward the zombies in front. Each of them was armed with a novice stick stab a zombie each, each zombie was knocked to the ground.

Another student took the chance to go through the gap.

He was then block after a bit, a step too late, a big hand stretched out and firmly grabbed his arm.

"No! Help! Help!"

The student in a panic, uses his novice stick to hit the zombie, cutting off the arm of the zombie.

The 3 remaining zombie took this chance to grab him, and opened their jaw to bite hard on his neck.

"Ah! Help!!"

The student immediately let a sharp scream.

The 3 zombie was firmly holding the student, began eating him bloodily.

The 2 remaining zombies were attracted by the smell of blood, head towards the student body, lunged forward and began biting his body.

The student ran pass the zombie not too far, was soon surrounded by the zombie, submerged in dead corpses, let out a miserable moan.

The remaining 4 students witness the scene, eyes filled with terror.

"We're Done!"

One student was so scare and collapsed on the ground.

"Up the tree!"

A relatively calm tall boy, he look at the surrounding, quickly crawled up the side of a tree.

In the main campus of the University of Yun Hua, there are trees and plants planted everywhere.

The other two boys are also deft hands and feet heading toward the trees and started climbing.

"Save me! Chen Gang! Give me a hand!!"

The boy that was paralysed on the floor under his survival instinct stood up, seeing the other 3 climbing tree let out a shout, he did not know how to climb trees.

Attracted to the scream of the boy, the zombies within 100 meter slightly shook, began to move toward the sound.

Over 10 zombies that formed an army was sufficient to tear any resistance in the university.

Thank you for the update

Thanks for the new chapters

Quote Originally Posted by jiraiyanairad View Post
    Thanks for the new chapters
    Quote Originally Posted by kai9004 View Post
    Thank you for the update
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Thanks for translating this....Looks interesting.
    You are welcome, the next update I do will hopefully be 2-3 chapters.

This looks like an really interesting story... Cant wait to read what else happens haha

Thanks for the update and i hope he gets strong like IET novels

so will he save people or let them die? thanks for translating

so will he save people or let them die? thanks for translating
    No idea yet, I'm just reading along as I translate. The thing you have to realize is that he is just an ordinary person.His only advantages being that he has a summon skeleton and the enclose space of the dorm. There are a lot of zombies outside, going out there to save them would be a death wish. Those are zombies, getting scratch or bitten will turn you into one.

Quote Originally Posted by superman00 View Post
    No idea yet, I'm just reading along as I translate. The thing you have to realize is that he is just an ordinary person.His only advantages being that he has a summon skeleton and the enclose space of the dorm. There are a lot of zombies outside, going out there to save them would be a death wish. Those are zombies, getting scratch or bitten will turn you into one.
    i was just thinking that he could farm with the skeleton. like send it outside to kill all the zombies while keeping safe and looting freely

i was just thinking that he could farm with the skeleton. like send it outside to kill all the zombies while keeping safe and looting freely
    There's many problems to that 1st is cd is 10 days that means if it dies or anything he can't summon it again for 10 days 2nd is that it is the same strength as him + 10% that means it is useless 3rd he doesn't have any item/skill to use it to heal it 4th there's too much zombies maybe the whole city not just the school is a zombie 5th who knows if there's a higher level zombie or a monster etc... so he can't be careless
    Last edited by Chosen5000; 04-11-15 at 02:17 PM.

You will find out why this isn't an option soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen5000 View Post
    There's many problems to that 1st is cd is 10 days that means if it dies or anything he can't summon it again for 10 days 2nd is that it is the same strength as him + 10% that means it is useless 3rd he doesn't have any item/skill to use it to heal it 4th there's too much zombies maybe the whole city not just the school is a zombie 5th who knows if there's a higher level zombie or a monster etc... so he can't be careless
    Good analysis, this is pretty much what would happen. This book unlike the others give a sense of more realistic battles(besides all the crazy stuff like zombies, skeleton, and stats lol).