Thread: Help me please

Default Help me please

I want to read raw novels but i only know English so can anyone please give me tips/program/site that makes reading the raw easier?!!
    Btw i use this site to read

Thanks i will try to read that way

Trust me it's not worth it. Machine translation will only get you to a certain point. Especially as names and certain words will throw things off. It makes reading a really tedious process.

Quote Originally Posted by superman00 View Post
    Trust me it's not worth it. Machine translation will only get you to a certain point. Especially as names and certain words will throw things off. It makes reading a really tedious process.
    Well, i am reading or trying to read the raws because i can't wait for chapters and especially for the slow releases group + there's some abandoned projects or projects that doesn't have translators so you could say i have no other choice but to try to read MT

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen5000 View Post
    Well, i am reading or trying to read the raws because i can't wait for chapters and especially for the slow releases group + there's some abandoned projects or projects that doesn't have translators so you could say i have no other choice but to try to read MT
    Haha, I know. But with thousands of chapters, yeah.....

I use google translate extension in Chrome.
    Some novels are easier to understand than others through GT (e.g Panlong is easier than Stellar T).

One thing that helps: the translations here. The author frequently re-uses phrases. The translations throw light on understanding certain difficult paragraphs which helps me understand the (at least) the next few chapters. This occurs when there is a new place, new characters, new arcs.

To be fair, I have help - I know one Chinese dialect...

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    I use google translate extension in Chrome.
    Some novels are easier to understand than others through GT (e.g Panlong is easier than Stellar T).

One thing that helps: the translations here. The author frequently re-uses phrases. The translations throw light on understanding certain difficult paragraphs which helps me understand the (at least) the next few chapters. This occurs when there is a new place, new characters, new arcs.

To be fair, I have help - I know one Chinese dialect...
    You understand using google translator?!! i used it once and it was very bad i think http://www.systranet.com/web is better or microsoft translator

Systranet is not bad but I got used to Chromt+addon GT

I gave up with Stellar T but I could understand Coiling Dragon adequately.

What helped with Stellar T was the 'summary' spoiler - I read using GT together with the spoiler, and after a few chapters, I could dispense with the spoiler. Only referred to it for really confusing sections.

If you are reading raw, it will always help if there are part translations already available:

E.g. In Stellar T - names from translation:
    "Zong Jue" = "were dead" (GT).
    "Man Gan" = "reckless" (GT)

Once I got that, the sentences with "were dead" or "reckless", become understandable.
    "Reckless big step into palace" = "Man Gan took a large step into palace" (and not QY taking a big step recklessly into the palace!)

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    Systranet is not bad but I got used to Chromt+addon GT

I gave up with Stellar T but I could understand Coiling Dragon adequately.

What helped with Stellar T was the 'summary' spoiler - I read using GT together with the spoiler, and after a few chapters, I could dispense with the spoiler. Only referred to it for really confusing sections.

If you are reading raw, it will always help if there are part translations already available:

E.g. In Stellar T - names from translation:
    "Zong Jue" = "were dead" (GT).
    "Man Gan" = "reckless" (GT)

Once I got that, the sentences with "were dead" or "reckless", become understandable.
    "Reckless big step into palace" = "Man Gan took a large step into palace" (and not QY taking a big step recklessly into the palace!)
    If you want a better translation try OmegaT from what i used etc.. there's something called glossary it helps with those things very much as long as you have the Chinese word or phrase for it E.g: 云澈 = Yun Che instead of cloud che