Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: I Shall Seal the Heavens by Er Gen (我欲封天 - 耳根)

Chapter 10 is available on wuxiaworld:

Chapter 10: Wang Tengfei
    Translated by Deathblade
    Contributing Editor: Madam Deathblade
    Proofreaders: Lingson, laoren and MeeBoo

Chapter 11 sneak peak available too.
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

Thanks for the chapter

Thanks. I have to know, in case you've read ahead, is there anything more in this story than, you know.
    plunder and steal !!!

Thanks for another update deathblade!

I love Fatty! So this whole time he thought Meng Hoa helped him chopped those woods when it was really he himself who did it. And he thought he found a true friend.

Chapter 11 is up!

Chapter 11: Pill Cultivation Workshop Outlet
    Translated by Deathblade

Chapter 12 sneak peak available too, as usual!

Thanks for the new chapter! I think someone mentioned before but, this novel seems like a game. Lol. And by that I meant like a virtual game world. Nothing wrong with that, just that when I read it, it gave me that impression. Hahaaha. Even the latest chapter of Meng Hao doing the money-business reminded me of how I used to do that in-game. Buy for cheap, sell for more in market. . Muahhaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Drak17 View Post
    Thanks for the new chapter! I think someone mentioned before but, this novel seems like a game. Lol. And by that I meant like a virtual game world. Nothing wrong with that, just that when I read it, it gave me that impression. Hahaaha. Even the latest chapter of Meng Hao doing the money-business reminded me of how I used to do that in-game. Buy for cheap, sell for more in market. . Muahhaha.
    Haha yeah I know what you mean. In EverQuest 2 I used to run quite a successful business. Haha. Actually, there is a game made based on this story, I'm pretty sure.

Another hilarious chapter is out:

Chapter 12: Hello, Elder Sister Xu
    Translated by Deathblade

Chapter 13 sneak peak available too, as usual!

I would like to extend a special thanks to my proofreaders Lingson, laoren and MeeBoo. Let me explain my translation process really quickly. Even though I'm translating as I read, I actually translate several chapters ahead of my releases. Once I finish a chapter, I send it out to the proofreaders who return it before my release. I let the chapter "marinate" for a while. Then, a few days later, I go back, make changes based on the proofreaders' suggestions. The last step is to go through and read the whole chapter again at least one more time to make final tweaks and edits. I feel that the several days away from the chapter lets me look at it with fresh eyes, enabling me to catch more mistakes and also clean up the writing a bit to make it smoother.

The interesting thing is that each proofreader finds things that the other proofreaders do not. I guess that means I make a lot of mistakes! Haha. In any case, the final product is a much cleaner and smoother version that my first draft. Please join me in extending a heartfelt thanks for their hard work. I really want to provide the best possible product for everyone in terms of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and just general writing quality, and I couldn't do it without them. Thanks again proofreaders, and thanks readers for your support!

Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by deathblade View Post
    Another hilarious chapter is out:

Chapter 12: Hello, Elder Sister Xu
    Translated by Deathblade

Chapter 13 sneak peak available too, as usual!

I would like to extend a special thanks to my proofreaders Lingson, laoren and MeeBoo. Let me explain my translation process really quickly. Even though I'm translating as I read, I actually translate several chapters ahead of my releases. Once I finish a chapter, I send it out to the proofreaders who return it before my release. I let the chapter "marinate" for a while. Then, a few days later, I go back, make changes based on the proofreaders' suggestions. The last step is to go through and read the whole chapter again at least one more time to make final tweaks and edits. I feel that the several days away from the chapter lets me look at it with fresh eyes, enabling me to catch more mistakes and also clean up the writing a bit to make it smoother.

The interesting thing is that each proofreader finds things that the other proofreaders do not. I guess that means I make a lot of mistakes! Haha. In any case, the final product is a much cleaner and smoother version that my first draft. Please join me in extending a heartfelt thanks for their hard work. I really want to provide the best possible product for everyone in terms of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and just general writing quality, and I couldn't do it without them. Thanks again proofreaders, and thanks readers for your support!
    You're welcome, but it's thanks to people like you who spend their free time in translating such works for us to read and of course to the readers for their support

Interesting about us PRs picking things up that others do not. Must work harder! xD

Quote Originally Posted by MeeBoo View Post
    Interesting about us PRs picking things up that others do not. Must work harder! xD
    +1 to that.. Kind of makes me curious how three proofreaders could spot different mistakes

@DeathBlade: you're welcome. Proofreading your work has also improved my English skill. I learned many new things from your writing.
    Please visit my site: Lingson Translation (Currently translating "Virtual World: The Legendary Thief", "Assassin Landlord & Beauty Tenants" and proofreading "I Shall Seal The Heaven")

You are welcome, deathblade; thanks for the kind words of compliments. Meebo, Linson English is a beautiful language and different people will have different views on how the sentences/grammer should flow. So natural we will all have some slight different in our proofreading. Anyway let's us all jiayou to make ISSTH as enjoyable as possible for the reader to read. But major credits must go to deathblade for translating.

I personally think that this chapter outdoes the previous in hilarity. You'll have to decide for yourself!

Chapter 13: Manly Cao Yang
    Translated by Deathblade

Chapter 14 sneak peak available too, as usual!

@proofreaders: Yeah, we all catch different things or have different opinions of how things should be phrased. I plan to send some further private thoughts on this along with the next chapter, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

Thank you deathblade and the proofreaders team.

I've been enjoying this book so far. Have a comedic elements as well as Confucius reference. IMO, very good.

Lol. Meng Hao is hilarious. I like this character. Went from scholar to bullymaster. Hahaha

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the story. I love the comedic elements. I crack up at some point in just about every chapter.

Chapter 14 is out:

Chapter 14: Threats
    Translated by Deathblade

Chapter 15 sneak peak available too, as usual!

Thanks for the chapter

Will Meng Hao lay the smack down onto Lu Hong? Or will he regret being so rash as to mess with the number one low-level disciple? Find out what happens in:

Chapter 15: Decisive Attack
    Translated by Deathblade
    Proofreaders: laoren and MeeBoo

Chapter 16 sneak peak available too, as usual!

Lingson had to take a break from proofreading for personal reasons, but he'll be back in a few days.

Thank you ... :-)
    Har Har Mahadev
    [every one is capable of being a Mahadev (Great God) with the right actions. As God resides every person]
    -TheLordSiva

Thanks for the chapter.

Question: Does anyone know of a good place I can start with if I wanted to learn Chinese (enough so I can start reading stories from 17k.com?) I do understand it's a long process.
    *apologies deathblade, I'm not sure where to post this thread but here.