Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: I Shall Seal the Heavens by Er Gen (我欲封天 - 耳根)

Quote Originally Posted by tieungu14 View Post
    Thanks for the chapter.

Question: Does anyone know of a good place I can start with if I wanted to learn Chinese (enough so I can start reading stories from 17k.com?) I do understand it's a long process.
    *apologies deathblade, I'm not sure where to post this thread but here.
    I can help with your question, I'll send you a private message later.
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

Surprise! In the past, I took a break from posting on my Saturday and Sunday, due to my hectic schedule. But, Ive been holed up in my Translators Cave, popping Translation Condensation Pills like mad, and Ive made a breakthrough! Going forward, I should be able to post updates every single day! So, without further ado:

Meng Hao relies on Elder Sister Xu, but she is off somewhere baking cakes. Lu Hong relies on Wang Tengfei, the darling of heaven, the perfect, beautiful and also deadly number one disciple of the Outer Sect. When it comes down to it, which side would you put money on? Also, how does Wang Tengfei get his hair to be so full and glossy? Place your bets, then read:

Chapter 16: Come Here!
    Translated by Deathblade
    Contributing Editor: Madam Deathlade
    Proofreaders: Linson, laoren, MeeBoo

Thanks for the chapter

Thanks for the update.

How is it that nobody really knows what's going on and who's really attacking whom? It seems like everyone is just listening to one side of the story. There really is no justice or fairness in their universe. I hope Meng Hao stands his ground and beat all those bullies to a bloody pulp.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    Thanks for the update.

How is it that nobody really knows what's going on and who's really attacking whom? It seems like everyone is just listening to one side of the story. There really is no justice or fairness in their universe. I hope Meng Hao stands his ground and beat all those bullies to a bloody pulp.
    Yeah, law of the jungle....

New chapter is out!

Chapter 17: I Shall Rely on Myself
    Translated by Deathblade

I am loving it!! Seems like Elder Sister taking a liking on Meng Hao, even gave him a tablet? Haha. <:. Welp, now I am just waiting for that "MC plot" where he suddenly get lucky somewhere and obtain something good, and then revenge revenge revenge!!

Thanks Deathblade!

Deus ex machina?

Glad everyone is enjoying. My update was a bit late today, but here it is:

Chapter 18: Fatty of the Outer Sect
    Translated by Deathblade

Nice. Checked the thread just in time. .

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Drak17 View Post
    Nice. Checked the thread just in time. .

Thanks!
    My pleasure. Busy day today and still behind schedule on translation. AHHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by Leehar View Post
    Deus ex machina?
    Well, this is online xianxia fiction we're talking about, haha.

this has been very enjoyable to read... i think one of the reasons it may take a step back behind MGA or NTXS is the lack of ruthlessness... the MC is too idealistic imo, which im hoping changes after his latest experience

I posted the chapter pretty late (my) yesterday, so Im releasing the chapter early today. Unfortunately, my busy day yesterday left me behind schedule on translating, so I have a lot more typing to do before I head to work. Not much action in this chapter, but a great cliffhanger that will probably leave you chuckling. (Not a bad cliffhanger in the sneak peak, too, if I do say so myself) Please enjoy:

Chapter 19: The Wind Stirs Again
    Translated by Deathblade

As a special bonus, Ive written a short fan fiction to make fun of one of Er Gens writing habits that annoys me quite a bit. Youll see what it is when you read:

Chapter XYZ: A Gift from Grand Elder Ouyang

Meng Hao sat in meditation in the Immortals Cave. Suddenly, he opened his eyes, and they glittered brightly. He stood and walked over to the stone oven in the corner and began to prepare breakfast. Seeing the fresh onions and wild chicken, his eyes glittered even more brightly.

He ate breakfast, then left the Immortals Cave, his eyes shining. As he made his way to the Outer Sect, he thought about the Wind Walking technique, and his eyes glittered. Along the path, he suddenly ran into Grand Elder Ouyang.

Eyes shining even more brightly, he saluted with clasped fists. Greetings, Grand Elder Ouyang! What are you doing here?

Grand Elder Ouyang gazed at Meng Hao, his eyes glistening brightly. Greetings Meng Hao. Ive come to check on your progress.

Meng Haos eyes glittered even more brightly. Thanks to my healthy breakfast, Im sure I will have great progress today.

Excellent. Grand Elder Ouyangs eyes glistened like diamonds. However, there is a key to Cultivation that I must impart to you.

Really? asked Meng Hao. His eyes glittered with a glittering that had never before been seen. What is it?

This, replied Grand Elder Ouyang, holding up one hand. His eyes glittered brightly.

What is it?

These are Spirit Contact Lenses. His eyes shone like glittering stars. Many Cultivation monks spend too much spiritual energy causing their eyes to shine, glitter, glisten, and the like. But these Spirit Contact Lenses have latent glistening power. You can save a lot of spiritual energy by wearing them.

Meng Hao accepted the Spirit Contact Lenses with glistening eyes. He laughed, and his eyes glittered even brighter. Grand Elder Ouyang, my thanks. Im sure that I will be able to break through to the next level soon. With glistening, glittering eyes, he walked down the path, staring down at the Spirit Contact Lenses. His eyes shone with a glittering glisteningness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopper View Post
    this has been very enjoyable to read... i think one of the reasons it may take a step back behind MGA or NTXS is the lack of ruthlessness... the MC is too idealistic imo, which im hoping changes after his latest experience
    There's many chapters to come, so we'll see

Thanks for the chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Gopper View Post
    MGA's MC characteristics are weird. I don't think the author did a good job on it. Personally, I think the author just tries too hard to get his character to a "certain" extend, and leave it there. Actions are plentiful, just character development are not as great. NTXS's MC is funny as far as the chapter goes. I like the way he act.

Thanks for the chapter Deathblade! Yours and foxs are the only two I kept F5'ing about. Hahhaha.
    Last edited by Drak17; 06-08-15 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks, deathblade.

Poor Fatty is in the same position Meng Hao was in not long ago. What will he do? What will Meng Hao do? Will a spectacular fight scene ensue? Are the Sect elders morons, or simply cruel bastards? Does Meng Hao ever actually eat? Do wild chickens actually taste different than domestic chickens? And how does this affect the saying tastes like chicken? Find out the answer to some of these questions in:

Chapter 20: Entering the Black Mountain
    Translated by Deathblade
    Contributing Editor: Madam Deathblade
    Proofreaders: Lingson, laoren and MeeBoo

Thanks for the chapter

hahaha.......deathblade, you should be a salesman, soon you will be able to sell the San Francisco bridge to some idiot