Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: I Shall Seal the Heavens by Er Gen (我欲封天 - 耳根)

Several powerful Cultivators sat around a table at a bar. Im going to go start a city, said one of them. Ill call myself Patriarch Continent Oh yeah? said another. Me too. I will be Patriarch Planet. Oh yeah? said another. Just call me Patriarch Star! Oh yeah? said yet another. I shall be Patriarch Solar System!! Hahahaha! said the final Cultivator. He slapped the table and cried, Henceforth I am Patriarch Milky Way!!! Grumbling irritably, the other Cultivators buried their faces in their beers.

Chapter 72: A True Man
    Translated by Deathblade
    Contributing Editor: Madam Deathblade
    Proofreaders: Lingson, laoren and MeeBoo
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

Word up, Fellow Daoists! Im in the midst of my marathon work weened, so no special introduction for this chapter!

Chapter 80: Meng Haos Scheming
    Chapter 81: The Patriarchs Immortals Cave
    Translated by Deathblade
    Chapter 81 Sponsors: Patrick Laplante, Zameel Mejia, and Jago Spencer

Please join me in clasping hands in a respectful bow to Fellow Daoists Patrick Laplante, Zameel Mejia, and Jago Spencer, whose generous donation of Spirit Stones made possible the 4th sponsored chapter of the week!

Hello Fellow Daoists! Im still slogging my way through my work weekend, so no special intro. Please enjoy:

Chapter 82: The Great Art of Demonic Life
    Translated by Deathblade

This is the final chapter of the week, a guaranteed chapter. The following several chapters are where the story really starts to pick up. Next week is going to be an epic week for ISSTH as we approach the end of Book 1. By the way, Chapter 96 is the end of Book 1: Patriarch Reliance. Stay tuned for awesomeness!

Did you miss the special poll from yesterday? The poll question was, Where would you LEAST like to be? Responses were as follows:

6% Stuck in the bottom of an outhouse
    9% Inside of a room filled with angry wasps
    18% Being chased by a pack of hungry velociraptors
    67% Amongst the Cultivators who came looking for the Sublime Spirit Scripture

Chapter 83: Patriarch, What About Disciples Poison?
    Translated by Deathblade

Deathblade clicked the link to view the chapter. Suddenly, an add featuring a spinning pottery wheel appeared. His browser instantly slowed. He tried to click another link, only to wait for five minutes for the computer to notice the click. Several minutes later a button appeared which read remove some ads. He clicked it. More minutes passed, and then the browser jerked into motion again. He moved the mouse, but the curser stayed in place for quite some time. Finally the ads were removed, and he was able to read the chapter.

Chapter 84: Meng Hao, What Are You Doing?
    Chapter 85: Chapter title withheld because of spoilers
    Translated by Deathblade
    Chapter 85 Sponsor: Randall Klatt

Please join me in clasping hands in a respectful bow to Fellow Daoist Randall Klatt, whose generous donation of Spirit Stones made possible the 1st sponsored chapter of the week!

What is the best reason to like Meng Hao:

A) Hes basically a nerd (is a lover of books)
    B) People who pick on him pay the price
    C) He knows how to stick it to the man
    D) The more pissed off he gets, the colder he gets
    E) All of the above

Chapter 86: Demonic Lamps that Separate Heaven and Earth!
    Chapter 87: Chapter title withheld in release post only
    Translated by Deathblade
    Chapter 87 Sponsors: Patrick Nguyen, Nur Arif, Sai Pakalapati, Subtle Inc., Hein Haugeberg

Please join me in clasping hands in a respectful bow to Fellow Daoists Patrick Nguyen, Nur Arif, Sai Pakalapati, Subtle Inc., and Hein Haugeberg, whose generous donation of Spirit Stones made possible the 2nd sponsored chapter of the week! At this rate, we seem on track to finish book 1 by Sunday!

Good evening, this is Ken Zhang, head anchor of ZCNN, the State of Zhaos premier Cultivation news broadcast. Tonights lead story relates to an interesting subject: incense. Thats right. How long exactly does an incense stick take to burn? Do different incense sticks from different countries take a different amount of time to burn? Does the scent relate to the burn length? Lets go live to Nancy Wang, who has the inside scoop on this baffling question. Nancy?

Chapter 88: Lord Revelations True Self
    Chapter 89: Guyiding Tri-Rain
    Translated by Deathblade
    Contributing Editors: Madam Deathblade, Li Huazhi, RWX
    Chapter 89 Sponsor: Randall Klatt

About Guyiding Tri-Rain and more:

Long story short, I spent more time translating the words Guyiding Tri-rain than the rest of the entire chapter. Furthermore, there is a line of text in this chapter written in classical Chinese that I spent overall at least two or three hours working on. Even the original Chinese is hard to understand, and was the subject of a lot of discussions among ISSTH fans in China. Thanks to RWX, my new friend from China Li Huazhi, and especially my beautiful wife Madam Deathblade, for helping me with the name and the classical Chinese!

I think one of the fun things about reading fantasy books is trying to figure out in advance what is happening. Im going to do my best to translate all the prophecies and myseries and whatnot in a way that is as equally vague as the original Chinese, but with enough of the clues to at least make guesses. Which is freaking hard. but Ill do my best.

Meng Hao picked up the Spirit Stone. Wow, its really shiny, he thought, looking at its surface. I wonder how much its worth? Its hard to say. Based on its lustre, its probably from the Southern Domain. Although, its very heavy, so its hard to tell its true value. Meng Hao sighed, trying to determine its properties once more before putting it back in its place in his bag of holding.

Chapter 90: The Great Path of Demon Sealing, A Concept Like a Scripture
    Chapter 91: What Goes Around Comes Around
    Translated by Deathblade
    Contributing Editors: Madam Deathblade, Li Huazhi
    Chapter 87 Sponsor: Robert Moran

Please join me in clasping hands in a respectful bow to Fellow Daoist Robert Moran whose generous donation of Spirit Stones made possible the 4th sponsored chapter of the week!

Thanks deathblade!

Ahhh, my exhausting work weekend is upon me! Please enjoy:

Chapter 92: Exterminate Foundation Establishment!
    Chapter 93: Sever the Dao, Change Heaven and Earth, Demonic Will!
    Translated by Deathblade
    Contributing Editors: Madam Deathblade
    Chapter 93 Sponsor: Joseph Halbouty

Please join me in clasping hands in a respectful bow to Fellow Daoist Joseph Halbouty, whose generous donation of Spirit Stones made possible the 5th sponsored chapter of the week!

2 more chapters tomorrow and well be finished with Book 1. Yeah!!!!

I wont hype these two chapters. The only thing I will is that I have been waiting to translate and release them for a long time. I am super proud to make myself the sponsor of Chapter 95!!! WAHAHAHA! This brings us to the end of Book 1 of I Shall Seal the Heavens. I hope you enjoy:

Chapter 94: You Really Want Me To Come Out?
    Chapter 95: A Rain Shower, a Cold Spell
    Translated by Deathblade
    Chapter 95 Sponsor: Deathblade

Wow. Those two chapters. Wow. I mean I knew the Patriarch was not human...but to read and finds out that the Patriarch is THAT kind of ...... Man! It was a good read! Lol. I think Er Gen is probably my favorite Xian Xia story teller! The way he describes his story is wonderful! I love it. Haha. I guess going out for a walk and visiting ancient Chinese landscapes really helps his imagination!

Thanks Deathblade

[Thanks deathblade and the crew.

Book 1 is really entertaining. Hype for Book 2

@Drak17 Yeah, agreed. What a freaking wild ending, huh?
    @theSwordoftheWest It's my pleasure. Stay tuned, Book 2 has so much awesome stuff!!!

Leonardo brandished his swords skillfully. Suddenly he heard a noise behind him. Back off, buddy, said King Koopa. Leonardo quickly departed. King Koopa laughed. Suddenly a booming sound out from around the corner. Blastoise suddenly appeared. Beat it! King Kupa ran off, tail between his legs. Suddenly a roar filled the air. Blastoise coughed up a mouthful of blood. A voice rang out: Allow me to introduce myself. Im Patriarch Reliance! Blastoise disappeared into a sassy rainbow beam as he fled.

Book 2: Cutting into the Southern Domain
    Chapter 96: Demonic Jade in a Mountain Valley

Translated by Deathblade

Some info regarding the release schedule.

When RWX sweet-talked me into translating ISSTH, I agreed to provide 5 guaranteed chapters per week. The number of chapters rapidly increased. Right now Im doing 7 guaranteed chapters and between 3-5 sponsored chapters per week, bringing the total chapter count to 10-12. Last week was a special week because I really wanted to bring the exciting Book 1 conclusion by Sunday, so there were 7 free chapters and 6 sponsored chapters for a total of 13 chapters.

To be honest, 11 or 12 chapters is my physical limit at the moment. Currently, my regular full-time job has me working a little over 40 hours per week (20 hours of that is on Saturday and Sunday, which leaves me virtually immobile on saturday and sunday nights). To post 11-12 chapters, I spend about 30-35 hours per week translating. You can do the math.

I love translating, but at the moment I cant push any harder to release chapters except for on special occasions. Over the next few months, I will continue to publish between 7-12 chapters per week, depending the circumstances of each week. However, I have a plan to be able to increase the chapters to 14 (or more) per week! I hope to be able to do that within the next 5-7 months. At that time, Ill bust my butt to catch the translation up to Er Gens releases!

Thank you, everyone, for reading and enjoying the story. I very much appreciate all of the comments. And SUPER thanks to the sponsors who have helped motivate me to simplify my life and focus almost completely on translating!

Okay, now that Meng Hao completed the Great Circle of Qi Condensation, we are all just waiting for him to reach Foundation Establishment. A mere glance at the chapter title gives a clue about whats coming up. But with Er Gen, things are often not what they seem. So, how long do you think it will take Meng Hao to reach Foundation Establishment?

A) Chapter 97 (1 chapter)
    B) Chapter 98-99 (2-3 chapters)
    C) Chapter 99-100 (3-4 chapters)
    D) Not for a while. Someone will attack him and a new 10-chapter chase scene will ensue
    E) Not for a while. The poison will flare up, causing him to laugh and cry at the same time, a violation of the principles of the Dao. He dies, is reincarnated, and starts again from level 0
    F) Other

Chapter 97: Cultivation Breakthrough in a Valley Mountain
    Translated by Deathblade

This is the second guaranteed chapter of the week.

Ive updated the glossary to reflect the events of Book 1. If youve been following since the beginning of the translation, you can always give it a glance to remind yourself of the major events which occurred. The original glossary is still available for viewing

Todays intro is very simple:

The moment when Eccentric Song hears the news about the State of Zhao disappearing.

Chapter 98: Valley of the Red Rope
    Chapter 99: Title withheld in release post only!
    Translated by Deathblade
    Chapter 99 Sponsors: Michelle Blanco, Sai Pakalapati, Tjandra Johannes, Tu Ha, and Hein Haugeberg

Please join me in clasping hands in a respectful bow to Fellow Daoists Michelle Blanco, Sai Pakalapati, Tjandra Johannes, Tu Ha, and Hein Haugeberg, whose generous donation of Spirit Stones made possible the 1st sponsored chapter of the week!

We already broke through to book 2, but numerically speaking, I think 100 is a pretty important number. As such, for this important milestone chapter, I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to Overlord RWX! He offered help and support in my early translation projects, and if it werent for him, I would not have begun to translate I Shall Seal the Heavens. It might sound a bit sappy, but taking up this translation project has actually changed my life for the better in a lot of ways. So, please join me in clasping hands in a respectful bow to our illustrious Sect Leader Ren Woxing!

Chapter 100: Blade against Flawlessness
    Translated by Deathblade
    Special Thanks: Sect Leader RWX

This is the fourth guaranteed chapter of the week!

Okay, said Er Gen. I walk further down the cave. Roll for initiative, said the DM. What? said Er Gen. I rolled a 19 on my perception check! Look, just roll initiative. With a grumble, Er Gen tossed the die. Haha! 18. With my +5 that makes it a total of +23. Finally I get lucky. The DM rolled some dice. Okay, you come up last in initiative. WTF?! What kind of cave is this? Look, said the DM, Just be patient, youll find out soon enough.

Chapter 101: Eighth Generation Demon Sealer
    Translated by Deathblade
    Chapter Sponsors: Joshua Jacobs and Eric Carsted

Please join me in clasping hands in a respectful bow to Fellow Daoists Joshua Jacobs and Eric Carsted, whose generous donation of Spirit Stones made possible the 2nd sponsored chapter of the week!

There were a few lines in this chapter and the next that I spent two or three hours researching and translating. What a bear! Hopefully I managed to convey the vagueness of the original Chinese, but at the same time make it clear enough to speculate regarding the details of the passage.

Some stuff in ISSTH is written in Classical Chinese, or at least in a style reminiscent of it. In fact, an upcoming chapter has a quote from a Chinese classic mythological text. Special thanks to Madam Deathblade and Li Huazhi for their help!

Please enjoy!

Were you ever in the situation where your boss took you to dinner, and it was so incredibly boring that you wished you could be Lord Revelation in the end of Book 1? Well that was me for the last 3 hours. Yes, I finished an entire bottle of wine on my own, but that was about two bottles short of what it would take to make the evening interesting.

Chapter 102: Eighth Demon Sealing Hex!
    Translated by Deathblade

This is the fifth guaranteed chapter of the week!