Thread: Long Live Summons by Xia Fei Shuang Jia

Default Long Live Summons by Xia Fei Shuang Jia

Hey guys, this is a new novel i'm translating. Story is about a guy who was transported to another world, where the only way to get stronger is to become a summoner. For some reason, monsters are attracted to him and always agreed to form contracts with him. The journey of the summoning prodigy has started...

For more info: http://shiroyukitranslations.com/lls/
    Chapter 1: http://shiroyukitranslations.com/2015/06/02/lls-chapter-1-into-another-dimension/

Hope you guys will enjoy it!
    Last edited by shiroyukineko; 06-05-15 at 08:49 AM.

Default Chapter 1 – Into another Dimension

Chapter 1 – Into another Dimension
    Translated by: Shiroyukineko
    TL: Hands down, this is the longest chapter I’ve ever translated. The first part was definitely weird, but okay…

Yue Yang saw a person flying in the sky, stretched his neck upwards and shouted, “Dear, come out quickly and see God!”. The shadow carried a sword and tumbled as he flew, looking like he was going to fall. Yue Yang shouted again, “Bro, don’t fly too fast, your pants are dropping off…”

The person flying in the sky fell on the ground head first…

Yue Yang, a normal high school student, didn’t even bother to ask if the person who fell down was okay, but instead picked up the sword that shone with a golden light. He yelled, “Master, this flying sword is a treasure, you’ll break it if you flung it randomly like that. What will happen if it accidentally hits small kids? Even if it didn’t, it’s also not good if it hit the nearby flowers and grasses. How about letting your disciple take care of this sword? And the magical pouch? Such a powerful and intelligent immortal like master shouldn’t be carrying an old pouch like this on your waist…This disciple will help you to safeguard them…”

The old Daoist priest that fell to the ground almost coughed blood. Having lived for thousands of years, it was the first time he met such a shameless person who had randomly acknowledged him as his master.

“Master, your disciple has reached a marriageable age, but still had no match yet. Do you have a granddaughter by any chance? I won’t care much about her looks or age, I’m not a picky person…” Yue Yang chuckled lewdly. Finally, the enraged priest couldn’t take it any more and kicked him on the butt, shouting: “Get lost! Get lost you brat!”

Just like that, Yue Yang was kicked into another dimension…

(TLN: …)

“Ah! His eyes moved, he’s awake! Xiao San-gege is finally awake!” Yue Yang eyes had not fully opened when he heard a voice as clear as bells ringing at his ears.

“Shuang Er, don’t be rude towards your brother…” Then, he heard a warm and gentle, motherly voice that carried an air of motherly love with them.

As Yue Yang opened his eyes, the old Daoist Priest had gone away, instead, an adorable and lively girl sprung into his view. She was a small girl wearing bluish-green chinese gown, her pale white arms sticking out from the sleeves. Her hair was braided with red ribbons on two sides and flowed down to her waist. Her pearl white wrist was adorned with a silver bracelet that had a small bell.

The small girl mischievously reached out her hands to pinch Yue Yang’s nose.

As her soft, supple arms moved, the bells on her bracelet jingled, sounding much like her crisp and clear giggles.

Eh?

Yue Yang felt strange. Is this girl that old Daoist Priest’ granddaughter? Such a high quality lolita! As he was preparing to make a move on the girl, suddenly a pair of arms reached out from behind and held onto the mischievous girl, swatting her small hands lightly. Thinking that that punishment for being mischievous was enough, the girl was then drowned in the arms embrace. The small girl was not even afraid and thought that it was fun; giggling away in her mother’s embrace. Grimacing at the cute scene in front of him, Yue Yang thought about the strangeness of it all. His gaze swept across the room and fixed upon the woman behind the small girl, and his heart unconsciously let out a small sigh.

Oh my, what a beautiful wife…

A thirty year old young woman was sitting in front of Yue Yang.

She had delicate features, her complexion white as the moon and her eyes clear as spring. Her small mouth bloomed into a smile that was as gentle and refined as flowing water.

Her lustrous black hair was pulled up high into a bun, barely decorated with a single purple phoenix hairpin, simple and elegant but yet still stylish. Looking at her as a whole, her expression seemed to appear even more beautiful and full of wisdom. Adorned in a sky blue gown and a jade bracelet on her wrist that was hugging the small girl, she was a sight for Yue Yang to see!

If I can marry such a woman, I wouldn’t want anything else.

The beautiful woman saw that Yue Yang was awake and her smile disappeared. Her jade-white complexion was filled with a grieved and guilty expression, “San-er, don’t be so rash again next time. Who gives you the notion to drown yourself in the river when things get hard? Luckily we managed to save you in time, otherwise, how would I… how would I face my older sister? When big sis entrusted you to me, Si Niang, I had already thought of you as my own child. San-er, so many years past, I could never have the heart to punish you. This time you made a big mistake and if I don’t make you remember the lesson today, I would be letting my big sister down. Next month, wait until your Fourth Uncle came back, ask him for a beating as your punishment.”

The small girl twitched her little nose and followed along, “Ask him for a beating, “papapa”, let him beat you until your butt is swollen!”

Ah?

Yue Yang was bewildered. When did he ever try to drown himself?

Where is this? Where did the old Daoist Priest kicked him to, is she mistaking him as someone else?

A strange thought flew past his mind: Could it be that someone that looked like me and I had drowned in the river together, and this beautiful woman saved me instead of the other guy, letting that unlucky chap drown and became fish food?

His forehead dripped with sweat thinking of that.

This misunderstanding is too big!

The guy who was transported to another dimension was scared that he would say the wrong thing if he opened his mouth. He did not dare to explain the misunderstanding, let alone ask where that place was.

If the other party realised that he was not her precious San-er, she could threw him back into the river. That’s not good.

The beautiful woman looked at the nervous Yue Yang, whose forehead was filled with beads of sweat and face pale as sheets. She thought that he was feeling guilty and looked very cute, so her voice became much gentler, “San-er, it’s okay if you understand your mistakes. Young people shouldn’t be afraid making mistakes, but it’s a problem if they don’t learn from their mistakes. Si Niang had watched you grew up and know that you knew what’s good and bad for you. It’s just that the matter of the daughter of the Xue Family rejecting your engagement had hit you too hard and made you do something rash. San-er, even though Xue Family’s daughter is good, if her heart is not set on you, let the engagement go. If you can’t share your troubles and happiness with your wife and support each other in troubled times, then you shouldn’t even get married. Look at our Yue Family, we are one of the big four families. There are so many girls in this world, did you think you won’t be able to find one?

“Yes…” Yue Yang decided to feign himself as the fool who drowned himself on the river. After the crisis was over, he would wait for an opportunity to explain.

“San-er, it’s good if you understand. Si Niang is relieved now.” The beautiful woman had been prepared to persuade him for a long time, but the boy had unexpectedly came around after jumping once into the river. She thought that miracles did exist.

The beautiful woman then told Yue Yang to rest well.

She released the small girl and stood up, preparing to leave the room.

Yue Yang’s heaved a sigh of relief in his heart, luckily he had managed to hide the truth. But now he had to find a way to slip away, just in case that chap who drowned himself didn’t die and came back. Everything would then be exposed.

The beautiful woman held the small girl’s hands and walked towards the door, then suddenly turned back and asked, “San-er, will you promise me that you wouldn’t try anything rash? You may look weak but you have a strong mind inside. Even though you might look agreeable on the outside, you have a stubborn heart, that I know. Please don’t wait until I’m gone and do foolish things behind my back again… You really won’t do anything rash again, right?”

“No, I won’t,” Yue Yang shook his head like a rattle-drum.

Why would he kill himself? He still need to find that old Daoist Priest to seek revenge!

The beautiful woman looked at Yue Yang’s face that was full of sincerity and her heart felt much better, “Si Niang trusts you, San-er. Don’t ever try to kill yourself again. Your parents are not here anymore. Your Fourth Uncle had no sons and I’m infertile, Bing-er is a girl and Shuang-er is still so young. Your father and fourth uncle didn’t have anyone else to continue our family’s line, so it’s all up to you now. Remember this, okay?”

Yue Yang sweated profusely, thinking: no, you can’t leave it up to me, I’m not your San-er. Your San-er had already become fish food…I’m afraid that this matter of continuing bloodline won’t ever be fulfilled…

But of course, he couldn’t say it out loud. He simply nodded and muttered a small “yes”.

The small girl was getting bored, so she let go of the woman’s hands and jumped out of the door, scampering away in an instant.

The beautiful woman called out at the small girl but she didn’t listen, so she had to chase after the small girl. Even as she walked out the door, she turned back again and said worriedly, “San-er, don’t be too depressed. Even your stupid uncle only managed to fulfil his first contract 1 month before his twentieth birthday. Don’t you still have 3 months left? You had worked hard for so many years. It’s still not the end yet, do you want to give up now? Nobody from our Yue Family had ever failed to make a contract with a summoning grimoire. Trust me, you won’t be an exception…I think, maybe it was because your parents sealed your grimoire when you were young. They didn’t want you to successfully made a grimoire contract at such a young age and then became arrogant. Continue to train hard, okay? Otherwise, with the talent you displayed since young, how could you not make a contract? Believe in me, you have your parents’ blood flowing through your veins, you’ll definitely be a talented and outstanding person in the future. You will be successful, so you must not be discouraged and try even harder…!”

Grimoire contract?

What the heck is a summoning grimoire?

Maybe the bloodline of that drowning guy was good, but he was not him, he was just a normal guy.

If he had any outstanding aspects, it could only be his good skills in playing games, especially the games from overseas.

Yue Yang didn’t know how to make a contract with any grimoire, but after listening to the beautiful woman, he could guess that the guy who looked liked himself decided to commit suicide because he had given up all hope.

That guy didn’t have any parents and couldn’t succeed in making a contract with whatever grimoire for so long, then her fiance refused their engagement. He must have thought life was too hard to live on and drowned himself.

The sadder thing was that although he tried to drown himself, the one who was saved was actually another person who looked like him…In the end he himself was brought back here, and that pitiful 18 something guy had probably bought a free, express ticket to the bottom of the ocean.

The only thing that Yue Yang didn’t understand was how could he himself be in the river?

Is it because that old Daoist Priest kicked me into the river?

Why would he kick him into the river? Or did that old geezer wanted him to be reborn as this pitiful guy?

Yue Yang thought until beads of sweat flowed down his forehead.

This joke went too far…

“San-er, you should rest first. These are my thoughts… Even if you can’t make a contract with the grimoire, you are still my precious San-er. I think of you as my own son, so even if we had to sell all of our wealth, we’ll think of something for your future. Your Fourth Uncle may not say it out loud, but he also thought the same way. San-er, just concentrate on recovering. Maybe tomorrow you could suddenly make a contract successfully.” The beautiful woman then repeatedly asked him to rest before turning her body and walked out of the room.

Yue Yang was moved by her words.

Although her concern wasn’t directed towards him, she was really kind towards that pitiful guy. He thought it was foolish of him to commit suicide.

Such a good stepmother, how could you find another in the world?

Instead of cherishing what he had, that pitiful boy drowned himself for his failed engagement. Serves him right! Yue Yang’s heart was not thinking objectively anymore. He had wanted a person who loved him that much, but he couldn’t even have one.

He looked at the beautiful woman exiting the room and heaved a sigh of relief. If only he was that San-er and had such a nice stepmother. Unfortunately, he wasn’t that pitiful guy.

Lying back in his bed, his gaze fell unto a huge book with a gold cover on the table.

It looked a little bronze, its colour faded and old. It was strangely thick, two or three times thicker than a normal book. The cover was even filled with strange, ancient characters.

Yue Yang felt a strange attraction towards that book.

There seemed to be an unknown being who slowly called him forth. That kind of feeling felt just like the anticipation of installing a game, waiting impatiently to scroll the mouse and clicking on the start button…Yue Yang subconsciously reached his hands out, wanting to touch that strange looking golden book. Unbeknownst to him, the moment his fingers touched the book, that book suddenly shone with a golden light.

The whole room was filled with a golden light.

Under such a bright light, Yue Yang used his other hand and covered his eyes. He almost couldn’t open his eyes due to the strong light.

Suddenly, an endless flow of knowledge surged into his brain violently. Furthermore, it was so strong that it couldn’t be stopped. Yue Yang didn’t even have the time to react as his brain was stuffed with strange knowledge to the brim. On the other side, the book was still emitting a strong light, like there were still even more knowledge to be transmitted.

His mind seemed to understood countless of things, but also not comprehending them. He couldn’t grab the main knowledge and was unable to understand clearly the knowledge he had learned.

Now, Yue Yang was in a situation where he seemed to understand, but not to understand, seemed clear but not too clear, such a confused state.

Inside his body, there seemed to be a change. It seemed like something had awaken.

It felt like a mysterious power that had slept inside him for all this while was awakened. The revelation seemed like heralds of angels sing in heaven’s gate, causing Yue Yang to tremble all over.

Although his ears couldn’t hear it, his heart heard the “voice” very clearly.Indeed, a mysterious power was calling to himself from within his body. But he didn’t understand what it meant and only heard the mysterious power call. It was such a unique experience, the voice sounding even more heavenly than an angel’s song, immersing him deep within. That kind of beautiful voice can move a person’s soul, like a mother’s lullaby you heard when you are sick as a kid. Thousands of words would not be able to describe that feeling…At the same time, in the midst of his consciousness, Yue Yang saw a flying sword emitting a strange light. It was mysteriously spinning on its own, the strangeness of it all can’t be described in words.

The flying sword was then held in the hands of a fairy. It looked like she was singing and dancing gracefully, freely moving across the empty space.

What, what the heck is all this?

The golden light engulfing Yue Yang slowly disappeared, returning back into the book, barely shining in between of Yue Yang’s fingers and the book itself.

The silence returned as the mysterious call disappeared. That flying sword also started to disappear without trace. Yue Yang snapped back into reality and was surprised to find that his fingers were shinning with light.

Yue Yang froze and wriggled his fingers. The golden light slowly disappeared.

However, that bronze coloured book that looked really heavy unexpectedly started to float in the air and stopped in front him. The feeling it gave Yue Yang right now was not that of a heavy golden book, but something that was a part of him, like his own arm or legs.

At the door, the beautiful woman stood awestruck, her face full of tears.

She leaned on the sides of the door, using the door to support her trembling, emotional body. Then, her body seemed to lose strength as she fell onto the ground.

She had watched everything, her face showing an extremely surprised but happy expression. Her tears flowed like a stream of water, dripping unto her clothes.

“San-er, you, did you succeed in making a contract with a summoning grimoire? Is, is this real? Am I dreaming? Heavens above, this is all thanks to big sis’ blessings. Big sis, did you see that San-er had succededed in making a contract? I’ve said it before, San-er is not a good-for-nothing…Thank heavens that he’s not, I thank you from the bottom of my heart on behalf of our San-er….” The beautiful woman kneeled on the ground, her emotions flowing uncontrolled. She kowtow-ed sincerely, thanking the heavens for their blessings.

Her white forehead had become red due to her kowtows, and the floor wet with her tears.

But the beautiful woman didn’t mind the pain and continued to kowtow and give thanks.

Yue Yang quickly came over and tried to help Si Niang up. Although he was a fake, he was still moved by the beautiful woman.

At the door, the small girl had returned too, her hands holding a big red pin-wheel. She tilted her head and asked, “Mom, why are you crying on the floor?”
    Last edited by shiroyukineko; 06-05-15 at 08:50 AM.

phew!! what a chapter!! gave me goosebumps while reading in the middle !... thanks for the new translations NEKO haha looking forward for more!! 😶 how frequently would u update ?? ...

Yeah! very interesting chapter, thanks

Hehe thanks! I'm translating 3 novels currently, so it'll be every 2 chapters/week for each novel. But it's subject to changes depending on the popularity and my interest level Oh, you can read the chapter with pictures on my website

2 chapters a week ✌🎆🎉🎊 !? awesome 😁 !! thanks !!

wow...another one.. hope you keep release this one than the other....
    Thanks again...

Default Chapter 2 - Twin Star Innate Skill

Hey guys, here's chapter 2!

Chapter 2 - Twin Star Innate Skill

The small girl’s question snapped the beautiful woman back to reality.

She quickly wiped her tears that drenched her whole face. As Yue Yang watch her face which was a total mess, he felt warm tears pooling in his eyes. He took in a deep breath and calmed his emotions, then tried to help her wipe her tears.

The beautiful woman didn’t let him help her and moved his hands away. She then hurriedly ran out of the room.

Yue Yang stared at her disappearing back for a long while.

“Xiao San-gege, why was mom crying on the floor?” the small girl asked curiously, but she didn’t relay pursue the matter further. Instead, she raised the big pin-wheel in her hands and said, “Look, isn’t my pin-wheel pretty? I bought it on a street market. There are even sweet rock candies selling on the streets, but mom didn’t buy it for me.... Xiao San-gege, I want to learn how to ride a horse. My pin-wheel would only turn faster if I was riding the horse fast enough…”

Yue Yang sweated, why is this girl so mischievous?

Riding horse?

Could it be that pitiful guy who drowned himself always took her for a ride? He shouldn’t let this small girl found out that he was not the same person.

But he also couldn’t let her ride a horse, what would happen if she fell?

But he didn’t have to reject the small girl’s request, he just need to play with her. Yue Yang picked the girl up, raised her up high in the air and bring her down again, making her giggle with happiness. After a few times of that, the small girl had already forgotten her request and leapt happily into his arms.

Ha, it was a small task for Yue Yang to subdue the little girl.

Outside the door, the beautiful woman who had washed her tears away had returned. Yue Yang quickly put the small girl down.

But the small girl didn’t let go of her small hands, still wanting to be carried in his arms. The beautiful woman then pulled the small girl away from Yue Yang and said happily, “San-er, quick, let Si Niang see your [Innate Skill] and [Guardian Spirit]...San-er, I’ve said it before that you would definitely succeed...Ah, this is so good, after working hard for so many years, you have finally succeeded. San-er, you have finally become an outstanding person! Quick, open the summoning grimoire and let Si Niang look, I'm so excited to see it!”

[Innate Skill]?

[Guardian Spirit]?

Yue Yang's head was filled with questions once again, just like the time when he was stuffed with knowledge by the mysterious light.

Earlier, he had understood one thing. He had been transported to another dimension. This is not earth, this is another world.

In this world, the Soaring Dragon Continent, there lived many strong talents. They are the Three Royal Households, Four Major Houses and Four Great Sects. Aside from the Three Royal Households that would cultivate the next emperor, there were Four Major Houses of Feng (wind), Xue (snow), Yue (earth) and Yan (fire). There were also the mysterious Four Great Sects. The Four Great Sects gathered many strong warriors to pursue the heaven’s way, and didn't usually concern themselves with the things in the mortal world. But they would send their disciples out from the mountains once every three years, as their final training.

Amongst the many talents, besides the people from the Royal Households and the Four Major Houses, there are only a handful of talents who managed to make a contract with a very special kind of treasure, the summoning grimoire.

The superirority of a summoning grimoire depended on its user. Everyone would have the chance to become the strongest.

No, actually there’s very little chance to become the Strongest Summoner.

Yue Yang found out that in this Soaring Dragon Continnent, it’s almost purely a summoner’s world.

There were no magic nor inner energy, only summons.

Summoning skills in this continent could be anything. There were element summoning skills that was like magic, and also strengthening type summoning skills that would increase your strength like inner energy. There were also beast spirit summoning type. Anyway, summoning skills in this world, was as normal as students going to school. There were even schools specializing in teaching summoning.

Although almost everyone can summon, not everyone can possess a summoning grimoire. On the contrary, a grimoire user could be hardly seen in this world.

Taking an analogy, a summoning grimoire user is like the one in a hundred million students who could enter Harvard or Cambridge.

Everyone wanted to have a grimoire, but it was the privilege of a handful of talents.

When making a contract with a summoning grimoire, every grimoire user would try to awaken an [Innate Skill] sleeping within their bodies. They would also obtain a guardian spirit most suitable for the user.

“Ahh, okay, but I’m not really sure what’s my innate skill.”

Yue Yang was also curious with the knowledge in his mind. What innate skill could the summoning grimoire actually awakened?

He mouthed a prayer and hoped it wasn’t instant noodles, AV, games, lacy lingeries or, see-through *censored* and stuff, otherwise he’d be finished. Plese don’t let it be a NEET-related innate skill, otherwise he’ll be dead if the beautiful woman saw it.

When Yue Yang turned his summoning grimoire, he realised that the first page was his own portrait.

Hmm, he looked rather handsome.

Below it, his status was written: Level 1 Apprentice, Rank: Beginner.

Under the “Apprentice” words, there was a simple line of Rank Description.

Apprentice: You are the weakest existence in this world, but with hard work, as a grimoire user, you still have hope to become stronger.

Yue Yang cringed the moment he saw that. The weakest existence are ants, okay? No matter how weak he was, he was still stronger than ants. Such a belittling description made him feel really bad. Skipping over the rank description, the next half page described his innate skill. According to the knowledge passed into Yue Yang by the grimoire, everyone had their own unique innate skill. Only a handful of people would have an identical innate skill, but almost everyone’s innate skills were totally different.

Of course, this might be because there were not many people who had a summoning grimoire.

The moment he saw his innate skill, Yue Yang was flabbergasted.

His innate skill was not instant noodle, AV movie or games, but it was an innate skill that caused Yue Yang to sweat in nervousness.

To be precise, it was an unusual, very rarely seen, very mysterious, very jealousy-inducing Twin Star Innate Skill. Originally, everyone’s innate skill will appear as a picture below the summoner’s portrait, but Yue Yang’s innate skill picture was two pictures joined into one.

On the left was a mysterious figure, that could be vaguely recognized as Yue Yang’s figure.

On the right was a shadow of a person’s side view, hidden in darkness. If there wasn’t another figure to compare, it would be difficult to recognize that it was Yue Yang. The features on his face wasn’t clear, other than a wolf-like eyes, there were no other recognizable face characteristics. The whole picture was dark and blurry, other than the eyes that was shinning like a star, there exist no other light.

The thing that drove Yue Yang mad was the Twin Star Innate Skill’s Description.

[Camouflage]: You are as cunning as a fox and as treacherous as a poisonous snake. You are like an usurping chameleon who live under a camouflage. You are a facade, nobody can see through your heart. Your innate skill will increase with your level. Your innate skill current level is 1.

[Divine Vision]: You have eagle-like eyes and sage-like reaction. You are like a death god that sees through living things’ soul. You have an all-seeing vision that sees through the world, so you’ll be immune to illusionary or fake debuffs. Your innate skill will increase with your level. Your innate skill current level is 1.

“Woah…” Yue Yang almost fell to the ground. Was he that cunning and treacherous?

Although he liked to watch censored adult videos and would try to use his eyes to see through the pixels, this skill was something that all perverts can do.

When it comes to vision, Yue Yang didn’t think that he was actually that good, because usually when actresses wore different clothes and put on their makeup, other than Sora Aoi, Akiho Yoshizawa and Yuma Asami, he wouldn’t recognize anyone else.

Was this even counted as divine vision?

As for camouflage, it was even harder to explain. He don’t even know how to apply make-up and so on, and at the most, he would just lie a little.

Furthermore, who had not lied before? Even a kid would lie if his parents asked whether he had watched a sex tape...

This Twin Star Innate Skill…

Yue Yang was so depressed that he wanted to hide in a corner and draw circles on the ground.

“San-er, it’s okay if you don’t have an innate skill. As long as you work hard, I believe that you would be as strong as your father…” the beautiful woman comforted Yue Yang as her eyes turned red, her voice choked with emotions.

“Ah?” Yue Yang was bewildered, he obviously had the Twin Star Innate Skill, why did she said that there was none?

Could it be that she couldn’t see my innate skill?

Could this be the effect of the camouflage skill? So it is a passive skill? It couldn’t be...Yue Yang jumped and pointed at the picture on the summoning grimoire. He gulped nervously as he asked, “Can’t, can’t you see the picture here? You really couldn’t see the words written here?”
    Last edited by shiroyukineko; 06-05-15 at 08:51 AM.

Default Chapter 3 - [Heavenly Spirit Beast]'s Special Ability

Chapter 3 - [Heavenly Spirit Beast]'s Special Ability

TLN: Hey guys, here’s some update and stuff.

1. I’m changing Yue Yang’s innate skill to [Counterfeit] instead of [Camouflage]. I have very bad naming sense, sorry...
    2. Si Niang is not actually her real name. It technically means Fourth Godmother, but it sounds weird if I used that every time Si Niang is mentioned…
    3. There are three types of Spirit Beasts. The normal Spirit Beast, [Guardian Spirit Beast], and [Heavenly Spirit Beasts].

Hearing Yue Yang’s question, the beautiful woman was startled.

From her point of view, below San-Er’s portrait, the summoning grimoire only showed a blank space.

There were not even a single picture or words. But San-er did not look like he was lying, could it be that his innate skill was actually active? An innate skill that she couldn’t see?

“San-er, don’t lie to Si Niang. Do you really, really have an innate skill? Si Niang can’t see it, what kind of innate skill is it?” The beautiful woman felt like her heart was at her throat and her eyes almost popping out as she nervously held Yue Yang’s hands.

“Uh...It’s [Camouflage], my innate skill is [Camouflage]!” Yue Yang rubbed the back of his head as he told a lie. He realised that he was really as cunning as a fox.

“It’s good if you really have an innate skill. Oh my, I was so scared!” The beautiful woman was relieved.

Her pale hands patted her chest as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Every grimoire user would have awakened their own innate skill. If San-er didn’t have it, then he would definitely be looked down upon and be labeled as a good for nothing. No matter what innate skill it was, it was fine as long as you had one.

San-er’s unseen [Camouflage] innate skill could even be an extremely good innate skill!

The beautiful woman happily reached out her hands and patted Yue Yang’s head, “San-er, Si Niang is really happy for you. With this [Camouflage] innate skill, you would definitely be successful in the future!”

The small girl, watching her mother patting Yue Yang’s head, also reached out her soft, white and small hands towards his head.

The moment she saw her causing trouble, the beautiful woman quickly put her down from her arms.

The beautiful woman calmed her heart and then signaled Yue Yang to turn the page of his summoning grimoire, “Turn over to the next page, San-er, look at your guardian spirit… Shuang-er, stay still, let your older brother turn the page. Be good, stand here beside me okay? Aih, is this mist? It’s all white... Is your guardian spirit a mist-type beast? Not bad, although element-type beasts take a long time to grow, they are really strong. Although in the beginning it is not as strong as the strengthening-type and fighting-type beasts, at a later stage, they would become much stronger. As long as it is not the special-type beast then it’s okay! Aih, San-er, your guardian spirit is really good!”

(TLN: so there’s element-type, strengthening-type, fighting-type, and special-type beasts)

The beautiful woman happily clapped her hands, smiling excitedly.

Yue Yang was dumbfounded instead.

Because what he saw was definitely not a white fog, but a dark shadow of a figure.

A shadow that looked exactly like his shadow!

Below the shadow, there were a few lines of description. It was the description of his [Guardian Spirit Beast].

Phantom Shadow: Special-type, level 1. You can control your own shadow. Each shadow will have half of your strength. Shadows can be joined together to increase their size.

Yue Yang slowly put his hands on the [Shadow Phantom] picture as a golden light began to glow underneath his fingers.

“Is that so…”

At the same time, a knowledge about summoning the [Guardian Spirit Beast] flashed across his mind.

In the Soaring Dragon continent, as long as you train hard, you would still be able to learn one or two summoning skills or make a contract with Spirit Beasts, even if you were a normal warrior. But because they don’t have a summoning grimoire, the number of beasts they could summon is limited. Normally, a warrior could only make a contract with one Spirit Beast. Only a handful of talented warriors might be able to make a contract with two.

However, a grimoire user would not have a limit in making contracts.

Every page in the summoning grimoire was open for a Spirit Beasts contract, until all pages were full.

However, the best thing about a summoning grimoire was not the limit in making contracts, but allowing a grimoire user to have his own [Guardian Spirit Beast]. This type of [Guardian Spirit Beasts] were not the same as the normal Spirit Beasts. They would never die nor betray their master. Guardian Spirit Beasts would also grow alongside its master, there was no need for other conditions to be met. As long the user’s power increased, or that the summoning grimoire level increased, the [Guardian Spirit Beast] would also be stronger.

“Eh?”

Yue Yang had actually wanted to summon a shadow, to see what it looked like.

But what confused him was that he couldn’t summon them out.

……

From the knowledge in his memories, the reason that the summoning failed was because his mana wasn’t enough. Yue Yang could also feel it in his heart that summoning his [Phantom Shadow] would need at least ten times as much mana as the normal Spirit Beasts.

“What’s wrong?” the beautiful woman looked at Yue Yang’s surprised expression and asked with concern, “What happened?”

“It’s nothing. My mana is not enough to summon my Guardian Spirit right now.” Yue Yang shook his head as a thought flashed across his mind. This Guardian Spirit Phantom Shadow should be kept a secret. Even if he could summon it later on, he shouldn’t summon it in front of others that easily.

That Spirit Beast should remain his secret weapon.

“Ah? San-er, don’t worry. Summoning an element-type Spirit Beasts require quite a lot of mana, it’s normal if you can’t summon it in the beginning. Your Guardian Spirit Beasts will definitely help you as you grow!” The beautiful woman quickly comforted Yue Yang.

“Yes, I will train hard so that I could summon it quickly!” Yue Yang said that but he had a different thought in his heart.

Through the knowledge in his memories, he knew the normal mana required for summoning Spirit Beasts.

If it was simply summoning a normal element-type Spirit Beast, Yue Yang was confident that he could definitely summon them.

However, his own [Phantom Shadow] had required ten times more mana than a normal Spirit Beast. It was simply too high! Right now it was only level one, if it leveled up more, he was afraid that the mana requirement will be even more….However, this was not really a bad thing, because the more mana it required, the more powerful his summoned [Guardian Spirit Beast] would be. For example, Yue Yang’s [Guardian Spirit Beast Phantom Shadow] that required ten times more mana compared to normal Spirit Beasts, would have a power difference like a rifle compared to an arrow. Although both weapons are long ranged, they had a great difference in power!

Through the knowledge in his memory, Yue Yang also found out that the biggest difference between his [Phantom Shadow] and other people’s Guardian Spirit Beasts was not its power.

It’s the summoning duration!

A normal warrior’s Spirit Beast summon would disappear within 1 hour every time they were summoned.

On the other hand, talented warriors might last up to 2 to 3 hours.

And then, there were a handful of talents who could manage to summon for up to 5 hours. But this type of people were extremely rare.

Yue Yang touched the picture of [Phantom Shadow] on his grimoire. Although he could not summon the beast, he could still feel the shadow’s power. He could feel its power resonating within his heart. After closely feeling the shadow, he was surprised to find out that his shadow could last up to 10 days if it was summoned.

“Wo Cao…” (TLN: Similar to wtf) Yue Yang was suddenly nervous. This secret must never be known by others. Otherwise he could be regarded as a monster and kidnapped to be experimented on in a laboratory.

“Xiao San-gege, what does “wo cao” mean?” the little girl blinked her curious doe-eyes and asked innocently.

“Ah, that is a special ability of an extremely *censored* strong [Heavenly Spirit Beast]. It is extremely strong, when unleashed, it would intimidate the enemies. It could even cause the enemy to get crazy, demented, beat their chest wildly, grab people’s hair, stomp their feet, bang their heads on the walls and other sorts of stuff mentally challenged people will do. This ability will be more effective against ladies, but it won’t be effective against people who have really thick skins or high mental defense… You know, this kind [Heavenly Spirit Beast] usually lived in the depths of a desert. They love to eat grasses and bask under the sun. They would especially love to lie (wo) in a deep troughs (cao) and eat the grasses that grew there… Such a Spirit Beast, why is it so powerful then? It is extremely powerful! Other than the peerless [Heavenly Spirit Beasts] such as the Celestial Crab, it won’t lose to anyone. It can even be on par with [Heavenly Spirit Beasts] such as the Elegant Chameleon and the Elegant Butterfly! Alright, I will only explain so much, it’s not good if we talk too much into detail!”

(TLN: gosh this paragraph…)

Yue Yang explained tireless to the curious little girl.

The beautiful woman had thought that this boy had been too nervous that he accidentally cursed in the beginning.

But after watching him explaining sincerely and decently, she had almost thought that there were really such a weirdly-named [Heavenly Spirit Beast] in this world. Furthermore what he said had made sense.

Of course, she also knew that [Heavenly Spirit Beasts] were not that easy to summon. Even top summoners could only manage to summon a few of these Heavenly Beasts, let alone a level 1 apprentice. Thus such a high ambition is intolerable.

She quickly warned Yue Yang, “San-er, all these heavenly beast are all powerful beasts, so they won’t make a contract with a weak summoner. Don’t think about them now, train your summoning abilities first and work hard to increase your mana… It may be too late this year, but next year, your uncle and I will send you to a school. You should work hard, I know that you’ll be successful in the future!”

“Yes, yes.” Yue Yang wiped off his cold sweat. Luckily she didn’t hear him curse, otherwise he would receive a slap across his mouth.

After he send away the beautiful woman who was in good mood and the small girl who was reluctant to leave, Yue Yang could finally sigh a breath of relief.

He had managed to hide his identity. She didn’t recognize him as fake goods.

However, what would happen to him in the future?

Chapter 4 - Heavenly Sword Goddess?

Right now he could still pretend, but later on if he met that Fourth Uncle or other relatives and friends and yet could not recognize them, he would definitely be found out. Yue Yang hurriedly searched for things that drowned pitiful guy had possibly left over. There could be stuff that would explain the drowned guy more, best if it was a diary or something along that line.

After looking for the whole day, the table, wardrobe and everything else in the room was all flipped over.

There was really a diary, but it didn’t help much.

The pitiful guy had only written about his summoning meditation and also his Yue Family’s Spear Technique training journal.

Yue Yang realized that the pitiful guy was actually quite hardworking. He was not able to make a contract with the summoning grimoire, but his Yue Family’s Spear Technique training was progressing well. However, from this diary, Yue Yang found out that the pitiful guy didn’t reveal his training progress to the others. He had wanted to surprise his family on the day he managed to make a contract with his summoning grimoire. It was due to this that everyone had thought he was good for nothing.

The pitiful guy had also noted that the Yue Family Spear Technique was a weapon art technique that was handed down through the generations of Yue family. When combined with a strong fighting-beast type Spirit Beast, it would become extremely powerful.

He also wrote in his diary that it was really regrettable that half of the the Spear Technique Manual was lost, because of a villain who had killed a Yue Family ancestor, who was an extremely powerful martial artist expert, a thousand years ago. If the Yue Family had owned the whole Spear Technique Manual, he believed they wouldn’t had merely ranked third amongst the four big houses. They would have been the first.

Even with only half of the technique left, the Yue Family’s Spear Technique was still a reputable weapon art. Although it was not the most powerful technique, the technique had produced many strong, undefeatable warriors.

For example, the pitiful guy’s father was the strongest warrior in the Yue family, a talent that came once in a hundred years.

It was a pity he left this world early, halting the abrupt rise of the Yue Family.

“Spear Technique?” Yue Yang was big headed when he saw it.

Although he was a shut-in and never practiced martial arts before, he knew quite a bit about martial arts techniques. There was a poem that says: “It takes a month to learn how to wield a stick, a year to wield a blade, and a lifetime to wield a spear. But a treasure sword would not even be mastered in a lifetime.” Amongst the difficulty level of weapons, spears were the hardest to master. If not for a long time of harsh training, it would be hard to yield any results. There were a lot of spear techniques and every family’s or school of spear technique would have their own specialties. It could be said that there would not even be enough time even if you use your whole lifetime to master the spear.

But this Spear Technique...

The pitiful guy had studied it for a few decades, yet it was still in its early stages of training.

Yue Yang decided to forget about the Spear Technique first. What he needed right now was an ability, not a weapon art that he would need to spend his whole life training with. Furthermore, the importance of weapon and martial arts in the Soaring Dragon continent had dwindled. Mastering a martial art technique, even a normal one was extremely difficult. It would be hard to break through the 3rd mastery level no matter how hard you train. Because of that, even the most powerful techniques such as the Yue Family Spear Technique, were not as powerful as last time. Furthermore, the Yue Family Spear Technique needed to be complemented with a suitable Spirit Beast before its full power could be displayed.

Weapon skills were like China’s Ancient Martial Arts skills, you could improve your physical abilities with training.

However, summoning was similar to shooting. Your power depends more on the type of gun you hold, no matter how good your skill was.

Summoning did not need harsh training. You would be powerful if your Spirit Beast was powerful.

Even a person who have trained a weapon technique for decades might not be able to master it. In a battle, that person who had trained for over a decade might even lose to a person who had just successfully made a contract with a Spirit Beast.

This was because the person would only need to summon a poisonous snake or a Wind Wolf that to kill the person who trained for weapon arts.

Under these conditions, no one was willing to spend their time and hard work to learn a weapon technique. Everyone would rather train their summoning skills.

In addition, the most powerful weapon skill had already been burnt in a fire 3000 years ago. The only weapon skills that were passed down through the years were either the performance kind or the simple and easy to learn weapon skills. Even the secret Yue Family’s Spear Technique was actually the fifth oldest weapon arts in Soaring Dragon continent. This could only prove how low the weapon and martial arts had fallen.

In the history of the Soaring Dragon Continent, previously, the strongest among the three big countries was actually the Jun Royal Family, who focused their strength on weapon arts.

However, because they still focused on their weapon arts until now, they became the weakest family amongst the three big countries now. It was difficult to catch up to with the new age…

“Eh? He actually had two rivals in love?”

Even after reading the diary the whole day, Yue Yang still didn’t really understand the situation of his family.

But he found out the pitiful guy’s arch-enemies.

One of them was his cousin called Yue Yan, the fourth oldest in the family. He was born a few days later than the pitiful guy. But because of that , he missed the chance to get engaged with the daughter of Xue Family. Having lost the chance to get engaged just because of a few days difference had made Yue Yan bitter and dissatisfied. Thus, he frequently ridiculed and bullied the pitiful guy.

The other arch-enemy was the the son of the Dao Feng Mayor, Xue Qian Ren.

This Xue Qian Ren was said to be a genius. He displayed an extraordinary [Innate Skill] when he was 6, and at 10, he successfully made a contract with a summoning grimoire. But even with such a powerful resume, he was ruthlessly rejected when his family tried to arrange a political marriage with the Xue Family. He was still rejected even when the engagement between the pitiful guy and the daughter of the Xue family was broken. Hence, it could be said that that Xue Qian Ren hated the pitiful guy to the bone.

Having read his diary to the end, Yue Yang felt that the pitiful guy’s life was really pitiful.

He couldn’t marry his wife, yet made two arch-enemies out of it.

“Only a beauty who had the ability is a beauty. If a guy has no abilities, then he is just a person that bring harm to others” Yue Yang decided that he would not think about the Xue Family’s daughter at all. Even if she looked like a goddess, he would simply ignore her.

There were a lot of beauties in the world, why should he be fixated on one? Why should he gave up the forest just for one tree?

If he had the abilities, which beauty would not want him?

The reason for Xue Family’s daughter breaking the engagement, wasn’t it because the pitiful guy was a good-for-nothing?

If the pitiful guy was an emperor, he could have thousands of beauties in his harem. If he was a corrupt official, he could simply pretended to do his job and still have a mistress. If he was a rich businessman, having a mistress would be normal, he could even have a threesome if he want. But if he was a nobody, for example a farmer, it would be weird if the Xue family daughter didn’t make a ruckus or try to cut his little brother if he tried to have an extramarital affair.

But of course, the pitiful guy had no chance for this anymore.

Xue Family’s daughter had broken the engagement, and the pitiful guy had become fish food in the river.

However, the lesson to be learned was that you should try your best to get rich and successful first, and then choose you could choose a person to share your life with.

As Yue Yang indulge in his fantasy, he slowly fell asleep.

Hazily, he thought he had entered the imaginary space in his mind when he made the contract with his summoning grimoire earlier. When he was thinking of ways to bring the flying sword out, that shining flying sword suddenly turned into a beautiful goddess wearing a white, heavenly gown. Its long, white sash danced in the wind and as her slender, beautiful legs danced lightly on the ground. Gracefully moving her wrist, her long dainty fingers danced in the air. Her slim waist moved beautifully as the unmatched beauty danced in front of Yue Yang. Watching such a magical scene, Yue Yang’s drool almost turned into a waterfall, his mouth opened wide without any sign of stopping.

Heavenly Sword Goddess?

That flying sword that he snatched from the old Taoist priest was actually a Heavenly Sword Goddess?

The white-gowned goddess continued to dance gracefully, as beautiful as lotus flowers in a pond. As her hands danced a thousand moves, her beauty could not be described with words.

A big, beautiful rainbow appeared behind the goddess suddenly as thousands of fresh flowers bloomed, drifting in the wind like a butterfly. Yue Yang had thought that it was the magnificent ending to the goddess’ dance performance and was preparing to give her a standing ovation, when suddenly that goddess unleashed an transparent sword Qi from her fingers through the empty space. The attack was extremely powerful, able to separate the heaven and earth. Seeing how the beautiful goddess had a power that could shake the earth, Yue Yang was dumbstruck. Was this her power? So frightening!

In reality, the frightening thing had yet to come. Suddenly, the goddess turned her beautiful body and in a flash, she was right in front of the dumbstruck Yue Yang.

Her pearl white hands that had the power to destroy the heavens, suddenly seemed to condense the power of thousands of swords in it.

And her fingers was pointed at Yue Yang’s forehead…

“Wa!” Yue Yang was scared to death, as he cried out in fear and suddenly woke up.

He only realised that it was just a dream after quite a while. There was no goddess who was pointing a bomb towards his head. However, when he tried to remember the goddess, he found out that a mysterious technique had been quietly hidden in the depths of his mind. As Yue Yang thought about the event just now, an unfamiliar name flashed across his mind: Innate Invisible Sword Qi...

Thanks for the chapters

Default Chapter 11 - Treasure on a Silver Platter

You can read Chapter 11 here. Thanks for the support guys!
    Last edited by shiroyukineko; 07-05-15 at 12:59 PM.