Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 9 Heavenly Thunder Manual by Deng Tian (九转雷神诀 - 邓天)

Ch 118 - Attending The Yearly Reunion

That day, there were also other bounty hunters that had completed their missions but just not as fast as Lei Yu. Even though he was only a First Rank Bounty Hunter, but how many people actually knew his true strength? Since Lei Yu had just applied to become a bounty hunter, then it was natural that he was assigned to the lowest rank.

Lei Yu didnt go off to accept another mission, he just returned to his hotel. His purpose was to wait until the evening because Hu Jiongs mission had to be handled at night. The guild was simply unable to find out where the target was during the day.

Since there was nothing to do but wait, Lei Yu started cultivating. Hu Jiong also followed and sat down cross-legged. Because Lei Yu no longer had the Spiritual Bead of Longevity to help him purify the spiritual energy he absorbs, there was no longer any need for him to take his clothes off. Not to mention there was someone with him here so Lei Yu definitely couldnt do that.

But it wasnt even a few minutes before Lei Yus cell phone started ringing. Looking at the caller ID, Lei Yu stood up and went inside the bedroom and over to the window before he answered it with a smile.

My dear beloved, did you miss me? After saying that, Lei Yu felt some goose bumps rise up; he had actually never said those words to Ai Er before.

Did you do something against your conscience? To actually say such sweet words to me that is making me nauseous! Said Ai Er jokingly in her beautiful voice.

So thats how it is, then I wont call you that in the future.

No! I like being nauseous!

Uhh

Okay, enough with the joking, I have some good news for you.

Lei Yu scratched his head, what sort of good news?

Ill be attending my schools reunion, are you going to meet with me? Where are you right now? Youre not together with some other girl right? Asked Ai Er with a laugh.

A girl? Lei Yu looked over at the rough looking Hu Jiong whose face was filled with stubbles. He then lightly coughed, if he was a girl, then the earth would probably stop moving. Pausing for a bit, he then said: Why didnt you tell me in advance? I could have picked you up at the airport!

I was just waiting for those words; Ill be waiting at the airport! Hanging up the call, Lei Yu shook his head helplessly.

Ai Er said she came to attend her schools reunion but in fact was using this as an excuse to see Lei Yu. Ever since Lei Yu encountered that situation in the Kou country, Ai Ers heart was fearful of a repeat. She felt that staying by Lei Yus side would be a better move.

Putting on his coat in a hurry, Lei Yu gave Hu Jiong a brief explanation before leaving the hotel. The two agreed to contact each other during the evening.

Surprisingly, there werent a lot of people at the airport. Lei Yu had just arrived at the airport and observed Ai Ers figure. The first thing they did was give each other a big hug before Lei Yu immediately drove Ai Er to her school.

When Ai Er went to school abroad, it was actually a famous New York University in the U.S. She had received the schools invitation to attend their annual reunion in the past, but because Lei Yu was still in Tenglong country for the past two years, Ai Er did not fly back to attend. And since Lei Yu was coincidentally in the U.S. this time, Ai Er had found her ideal excuse.

The university campus in New York City was very pretty. The buildings were nice and the green grounds were beautiful. The school had a large number of wealthy students so when Lei Yu and Ai Er arrived, their car didnt attract too much attention; some students only took an extra glance and whatnot.

Are there any themes to the reunion? Asked Lei Yu.

Theres none, just a simple reception. But before going in, there are some fellow students I want to meet up with first, can we wait for them? Said Ai Er as she looked around looking for them.

Lei Yu nodded before relaxing his hands on the steering wheel. Tapping the wheel in boredom, he casually checked out the surrounding landscape of the school.

Hey! Were over here! Ai Er shouted loudly in English. Lei Yu didnt not turn to look and already concluded the fellow student Ai Er was waiting for, was a westerner.

Two beautiful young Caucasian girls who gave off an exotic aura came over. The clothes they had on was a stark contrast to what Ai Er was wearing; Ai Er was only in a t-shirt and jeans.

As for the two pretty girls, they were both wearing mini-skirts. Their shirts were extra short which revealed their seductive navels. It seems they had prepared beforehand; apart from the difference in colors, their styles were exactly the same.

Lei Yu checked out the two exotic beauties; one had long brown wavy hair with healthy skin tone that showed off her wild nature. The other girl had blonde hair and blue eyes, and her snow white skin was the lethal killer which was the preference of Tenglong people. The two girls ran forth and gave Ai Er a passionate hug.

This is my boyfriend. Ai Er casually pointed at Lei Yu as an introduction.

Lei Yu dashingly jumped out of the car before smiling and shaking the hands of the two girls. But it appears the girls were more direct and enthusiastic; they gave Lei Yu a close contact hug and touched their smooth cheeks against his.

Your boyfriend is really good looking! The two girls smiled as they praised Ai Er.

In reality, it wasnt that Lei Yus looks were outstanding; its just that when one was observing him up close, Lei Yus charming eyes gave off an aura that made many girls infatuated. Add his tall and chiseled body, and the toned muscular outlines of his arms, this total package was the key that seduced the girls.

Lei Yu gently curved his lips and gave his signature smile, Hello, my name is Lei Yu.

Kelly.

Mona.

Its nice to meet you. The two girls said in unison.

Towards those two girls, Lei Yu wasnt particularly friendly or cold. Following behind the three, Lei Yu watched them laughing and joking about while they reminisced. He was kind of ignored but Lei Yu didnt care, he actually didnt want anyones attention. Being in the spotlight of attention was what some people desired, but Lei Yu belonged to the type that was opposite of that and preferred to be low profile.

Fortunately, no one recognized the name Lei Yu as the young master that had caused a sensation online and throughout the world. If he were to be recognized, theres a chance something sensational might happen.

The three walked under the shade of a tree. If we only had a camera, we havent taken a group picture in a long time. Ai Er said this somewhat disappointedly as she looked at the school scenery that hadnt changed one bit.

Lei Yu scratched his head and then closed his eyes without anyone realizing it. A small black bag suddenly appeared in his hand which he passed it to Ai Er, heres a camera for you.

Ai Er had a distracted look while a camera was suddenly thrust in front of her. She didnt think too much and thought Lei Yu had the camera the whole time and she didnt notice it. Not surprised, she took the camera and the three girls began to go crazy with selfies. They put up a whole bunch of different sexy poses that gave Lei Yu the goose bumps.

Sometimes following several girls around was kind of boring. Being alone with their girlfriends was the atmosphere guys preferred.

Time seemed to be going by very slowly. Lei Yu said in a bored tone: Do you want me to get you girls a drink?

Ai Er pointed to a convenience store in the distance so Lei Yu started walking towards it.

When he was about a dozen or so meters from the convenience store, Lei Yu slightly frowned. A young girl passed him which caused Lei Yu to suddenly wonder, such a young age and she already has the strength of a Third Order Warrior?

Looking at her hair and skin color, Lei Yu assumed this girl was an American girl. This was because the girls demeanor and attitude was of a typical American.

Lei Yu wanted to investigate this because the young girl did not have the spiritual aura of a mutant. But he couldnt just follow along behind the girls *** right now right? Moreover, Ai Er and the two girls were still waiting for him back there so what should he do?

Ch 119 - Unwilling To Give Up

Thickening his skin, Lei Yu walked up to the girl and asked: Can I get to know you sometime?

Lei Yu was used to using his Tenglong language to greet and make friends, and not English. Hearing this, the young girl seemed to be not interested in him because she lightly smiled and was about to step to aside and leave.

If you have time, I can teach you some advanced techniques! Lei Yu didnt know how he came up with those words, but it worked. The young girl stopped walking and turned around to look at Lei Yu with surprise. Yet it was only a brief moment before the girl turned around to leave again.

After making contact in this short period of time, Lei Yu felt there was something different with the girls body; a type of heat force. If she was able to somehow release that heat from her body, then the strength of it would be incredible. It was because of this that made Lei Yu even more interested. But it looks like the girl didnt really care for Lei Yus statement since she didnt even look back again and left. Lei Yu could only helplessly turn around and continue walking towards the convenience store.

After buying Ai Ers favorite juice and several other beverages, Lei Yu returned to the three girls. But he was still thinking of the girl he encountered not too long ago.

Its not that Lei Yu wanted play around with other girls; its just that being in a foreign country, meeting an existence that exceeds ordinary people was not an easy thing.

The reception was held at one of the schools auditorium. The graduating school alumnis and the school had an agreement to use their grounds for reunions. Ai Er began to introduce the boyfriend she was proud of to all her old classmates. Lei Yu also kept a smile on his face as he entertained each and every one of them. But this type of occasion really wasnt suited for him; he only wanted to find a corner somewhere to get some peace and quiet.

Looking at the time, it was around 9PM already and it was about time to call Hu Jiong. Lei Yu stood up and left the huge hall as he took out his cell phone.

Inside the auditorium however, a pair of cold eyes were staring at Lei Yu without blinking. It wasnt the girl that Lei Yu and met outside the convenience store, but someone else.

Once Lei Yu left, this person walked up to Ai Er. He gently patted Ai Ers shoulder, Ai Er, how come you didnt tell me you were returning to the school?

Ai Er turned around and started frowning. Why would I have to tell you that?

On the side, Kelly was snickering while Mona openly asked: Oh, hey Xiao Fei. Ai Er already has a boyfriend so you should really stop pestering her incessantly!

Thats right; the person who approached Ai Er also attended the same school as her. He was the guy that loved following Ai Er around wherever she went, the Eagle Group Commanders son - Xiao Fei. Xiao Fei had never given up hope on Ai Er, especially since that time when Shangguan Xi Hong made a call to his father. This made Xiao Fei pursue her even more aggressively.

But Shangguan Xi Hong would have never thought that after Lei Yus accident, he would completely annihilate the Kou countrys Yamaguchi-gumi. The nation currently attaches great importance to Lei Yu, and the Lei family is even beginning to compete with Martial Sect for Lei Yu, this valuable character. He originally did this intending to force Lei Yu to leave the Kou country and return to Tenglong country, but didnt expect Ai Er to be so strong and resilient who treated Xiao Fei as a side dish. As the daughter of Nuo Yi Long, Shangguan Xi Hong did not want to make any forceful moves so this matter was eventually shelved. He never expected that to this point, Xiao Fei was still unwilling to give up.

Theyre not married yet so I still have a chance, right Ms. Mona? Xiao Fei put on an attitude he thought was rather chic, but actually made him look like a smiling ******* that people would want to punch out.

Ai Er, lets not bother with him and leave! Kelly grabbed Ai Er and Mona and pulled them towards a crowd of people.

You want to be together with Ai Er? You will soon pay the price! Mumbled Xiao Fei as he coldly eyed Lei Yu who was outside the auditorium on the phone.

Lei Yu and Hu Jiong were discussing the time, and they decided to meet up at the entrance of a nightclub at 11PM.

The reception organized by the school was for the reunion of their graduates. Included in the event were some performances by current students which were worth seeing. Lei Yu was quite interested in the performance as he sat in a deserted area of the auditorium, quietly enjoying the graceful dance of a girl with an alluring figure. Ai Er noticed Lei Yu in the corner and pulled Mona and Kelly towards where he was sitting.

The nasty guy Xiao Fei also came back to the school! Ai Er pouted in front of Lei Yu.

Oh? Lei Yus eyebrows went up. Whats he here for?

Isnt that obvious? He still hasnt given up. He doesnt even know how much I love my brother Yu! Ai Er said sweetly as she put her arms around Lei Yus waist. Because her chests were fully developed now, the two plump meatballs were tightly pressed against Lei Yu making his body tremble slightly as he closed his eyes to enjoy that feeling.

Ai Ers words made Lei Yus heart ooze out sweetness so he didnt bother to think of Xiao Fei any longer. Because Lei Yu believed in the feelings Ai Er had for him, and even though those two have not experienced any large hurdles, but being together for a long time made it that neither one could leave each other. Their love was like a sticky substance firmly bonding them together.

At this time, a girl appeared on the stage that was in front of the auditorium. With long blonde hair; long slender legs exposed from wearing denim short shorts; a slender waist that made any man hard to resist their temptation of want to go wrap their arms around; add this with her charming looks and a pair of deep blue eyes and this became the total lethal package.

Lei Yu looked intently. Isnt this the girl he met in front of the convenience store? Whats she up to?

Seeing Lei Yu stare at the stage, Ai Er and the two also looked over.

Its her? Said Mona as she blinked. Why would she come to the reunion? This is really strange.

Who is she? Lei Yu asked.

Hey! You already have Ai Er, how can you be interested in other girls? This is not right! Said Kelly jokingly.

Lei Yu shook his head and whispered into the ear of Ai Er: Shes not someone simple. I came across her this afternoon and wanted to figure whats it all about.

Ai Er nodded. Her name is Bianca, born in the U.S. and used to be one of our schools beauty. A lot of guys wanted to get close to her but were all rejected. Shes also a very private person and doesnt like to mingle with fellow students. Shes always alone by herself and even her dormitory was a special request so she would be by herself. I can never figure out what shes up to all day long.

Ai Er was saying this in the Tenglong language. But since her two best friends had been with Ai Er for quite a long time, even though they couldnt speak the Tenglong language, they could still more or less understand some of it.

Lei Yu nodded and didnt say anything further. He was looking attentively at the stage where Bianca was dancing in a seductive manner. She appeared to be using jazz dance movements modified with her own dance elements. The combination gave her movements a special feeling which attracted the attention of many males in the room, and the jealousy of the females.

A girl with such an angelic face and a devilish figure, how could she not be the center of attention?

There were even some guys that jumped onto the stage wanting to embrace her, but were all rejected.

Not mentioning dancing on the stage, even chatting with other people used to be an impossible thing for her. Yet whats going on with her today? Did she become crazy? Mona jokingly said on the side. Could it be that she couldnt stand the loneliness anymore and decided to show off a bit to find a suitable partner? Hey Lei Yu, you need to be careful in case she sets her sights on you!

Lei Yu only smiled without saying anything. As Mona finished saying that, Biancas dance had just come to its end to a deafening thundering applause. Bianca lightly got off the stage and went past the wall of men, heading in the direction of Lei Yu. It appears her gaze had never left Lei Yus figure.

Seeming to understanding something, Lei Yu lightly patted Ai Ers back before they both started walking forward.

Ch 120 - The Burly Bald Guy

This pretty girl is your girlfriend? Under the watchful eyes of everyone, Bianca actually took the initiative to speak to a guy. This was something no one could believe was happening, and she was even talking to a guy who already had a girlfriend. This caused all the guys with dubious intentions to be filled with envy, jealousy, and hatred!

Lei Yu smile and said: Your dancing was quite good and very unique.

Bianca gave a slight bow. Thank you. Can I treat you and your girlfriend to coffee later on?

Lei Yu responded politely with an apologetic smile. It should be my treat, but we cant do it today because I still have some things to take care of. How about tomorrow?

Thats fine then. Bianca seemed disappointed but then said: I am very interested in the words youve said today. Tomorrow we can have a good chat about it.

Bianca gave a sweet smile. Her smile had never been exposed to the public before and the guys that saw it became completely dazed and captivated by it.

Lei Yu nodded in agreement but his face didnt seem particularly interested in Bianca. As Bianca walked by Lei Yu at a really close range, her body emitted a faint fragrance that could make a man tremble. Lei Yu deliberately shifted away since his girlfriend was next to him, theres no way he wouldnt take into account Ai Ers feelings.

Ai Er pouted and revealed a really cute but strange expression. What did you say to her to pique her interest?

Youre jealous? Theres no need to be Ai Er. My immunity to beauties has always been high, but of course I have no resistance when it comes to you. Lei Yu gently touched Ai Ers hair as he said this.

For the rest of the night, Ai Er would be catching up with her two friends and other classmates. They havent seen each other for two years so naturally there will be many things to talk about. As for Lei Yu, he had something to do at night and Ai Er didnt want to bother him. One of the great qualities about Ai Er was that she was trusting and considerate of Lei Yu.

Leaving the school in a hurry, the time he agreed to meet Hu Jiong was less than half an hour away. If he drove a bit faster, he may be able to make it on time. After all, Lei Yu wasnt someone that likes to be late. To him, being punctual was a way to earn someones trust.

As his car just left the main gates of the school, a persons figure he was familiar with was standing out there. Lei Yu thought for a bit before slowing the car down to a stop.

If you want to follow and leave with me, then you better hurry up. I have something very important I need to take care of. Lei Yu bluntly said.

Bianca jumped into Lei Yus car without hesitation, thus these two disappeared into the night without anyone realizing it.

According to Hu Jiongs mission objectives and the profile information, his target had no specific residential address. There were only names of places he frequented but he didnt go there every day. But there was a nightclub that the target will go there every night at a fixed time, and also leave at a certain time. Lei Yu and Hu Jiong only had half an hour of time so they didnt dare delay at all.

Lei Yus car was like a runaway horse, driving crazily through the streets of New York City. Bianca who was sitting on the side did not bother Lei Yu at all because from his facial expression, she could tell that he indeed had something important to do.

With Lei Yu leaving, Xiao Fei went into action. He drove his own car and started following behind Lei Yu at high speeds.

Hu Jiong was already waiting in front of the nightclub early on, but he was behind a flower bed trying to be incognito. Once he saw Lei Yus car arrive, he quickly jumped out of the shadows.

Whats going on? Did he go in yet? Asked Lei Yu as he was closing the car door.

Hu Jiong shook his head, not yet, well wait a bit more.

Lei Yu sighed in relief as he luckily made it on time.

Hu Jiong looked at the passenger seat and saw a blonde girl. He then asked in surprise: This is your girlfriend?

Stop messing around. Lei Yu pointed at Bianca and introduced her to Hu Jiong. He also clearly mentioned how the two met.

This Bianca appears to only be passionate towards Lei Yu. She simply had on a different expression when meeting Hu Jiong as she nodded her head in an icy manner. But when she was facing Lei Yu, she had another expression which was one of tenderness. Why? Its unknown for now.

The three of them were chatting behind the flower bed while their eyes occasionally glanced towards the front entrance of the nightclub. They still havent seen their target appear as seconds and minutes passed by, causing Lei Yu to be somewhat disappointed.

He shouldnt have received any tips that bounty hunters have targeted him and doesnt dare to show up, right? Asked Lei Yu.

It shouldnt be, our system is very strict so no one would dare to leak this information Pausing a bit, Hu Jiong continued: But with strength like yours would be the exception since no one is capable of being your opponent!

After Hu Jiong heard from Lei Yu about his current level of strength, he was shocked beyond belief. But he also accepted the fact since someone capable of causing the Kou country to encounter such turmoil, it would be impossible to accomplish without sufficient strength to back it up. What he didnt know was that Lei Yu accomplished this by chance and coincidences.

As their conversation just ended, a black Mercedes S500 sedan slowly drew near the nightclub entrance. Two security guards in black suits hurriedly rushed forward to open the car door. A burly and bald middle-aged man in a white tank top and black pants got out of the car and looked around. When he didnt find anything unusual, he then entered through the front door of the nightclub.

Thats him! Said Hu Jiong as he pointed to the front.

Lei Yu waved for Hu Jiong and Bianca to follow as the three walked towards the nightclub.

Since they were behind the flower bed and no one saw them, it was natural that no one was suspicious of their intent. Walking into a magnificent looking establishment, Lei Yu brought his group to an empty table and sat down. Under the dimly lit area, he started looking around for the target.

After all, a bald head was a bald head. Even if the place was dimly lit, it should still reflect light off of its baldness. Their missions target went through a door to a private room so Lei Yu cut through the crowd and followed. Looking through a window of the room, oh boy, thats a lot of people!

The huge private room had over ten plus people and the bald guy seemed to have a high status amongst these people. The people inside made room so he could sit at the most central area of the sofa, and everyone kept try to toast him.

The bald guy simply ignored everyone and didnt even touch the mugs of beer on the table. His hands went towards his waist where a black fanny pack was hanging, and brought a transparent bag containing a white powdery substance. From the look of it, the weight of this bag of powder was not light at all!

Lei Yu frowned; it seems that this guy came here every day to deliver goods. But as Lei Yu was deep in thought, the bald guy noticed Lei Yu standing outside staring in. The bald guy looked to some people on the side and made some eye movements, so two burly guys stood up and went towards the door. Lei Yu did not intend to run away and just stood there waiting for them.

The two burly guys suddenly opened the door and yanked Lei Yu into the room. Everyone inside appeared to be unshaven with brown hair in cornrows and didnt look like drug addicts. Lei Yu quickly realized that these guys were small time drug dealers, responsible for receiving the goods and peddling them on the streets. And the burly bald guy was the supplier, so no wonder he was held in such high esteem.

Ch 121 - Xiao Feis Sneak Attack

If it were an ordinary person, this scene in front of them would scare them witless or cause them to wet their pants. But who was Lei Yu? The ten plus people were all just ordinary people while the bald guy was a Fourth Rank Mutant. With the strength of these people here, even there were more of them; they would still be not worth a dogs fart. In Lei Yus eyes, he did not even acknowledge them.

Lei Yu shook his shoulder with force and the two pairs of hands holding onto him were thrown off. He stamped onto the ground firmly with his foot causing a loud sound. The ground suddenly exploded with Lei Yus foot entrenched inside. With Lei Yus position as the center, cracks started extending outwards until reaching the lower parts of the wall. Because the nightclubs music was playing really loudly, no one on the outside heard the loud commotion inside the private room.

Lei Yus move was very straightforward; he wasnt someone an ordinary person could provoke. Everyone had cold sweat on their foreheads and obediently sat still on the sofa, afraid to say a word. The bald guy squinted his eyes before getting up from the sofa. He understood that the reason for this person appearing was most likely due to him.

My friend, is there anything you need us to do for you? The bald guy knew Lei Yus strength was extraordinary so he politely but cautiously asked.

Everyone unrelated to this, get out. Remember, dont mention anything unnecessary! Lei Yu did not bother with the bald guys question and only swept his gaze at the other ten plus people in the room. After that, all you can hear is the rustling and rumbling of people cautiously filing out the door. No one dared to meddle in this and went out like they were busy with their own business.

Lei Yu sat down in a carefree attitude. I have a few questions for you and I hope you can answer them.

What kind of questions?

For instance, do you know where mutagens that mutants use come from? Those large pharmaceutical companies must get it from some type of source.

The bald guy was shocked; he never thought this youth would ask such questions. And naturally, he wouldnt make a statement on this subject. I dont know.

Refusing to talk? Just dont regret your decision after you suffer the consequences! Lei Yus gaze instantly turned sharp as he stared daggers at the bald guy.

Humph, what a joke! The bald guy frowned as he walked around the table. He was ready to leave and didnt want to get involved with Lei Yu anymore.

How would Lei Yu agree to let him leave? Suddenly standing up and blocking the bald guys path, Lei Yus hands were formed into a claw shape before sending it forth intending to grasp his shoulders. Even though the bald guy had a large and wide body, his speed wasnt slow at all. He quickly reacted by taking a step backward avoiding Lei Yus attack. The bald guy then pushed off forward with a reverse momentum, intending to rely on his strong muscles to tackle Lei Yu and knock him aside.

In the eyes of ordinary people, Lei Yus attack was probably terrifying. But the bald guy with the strength of a Fourth Rank Mutant could do the same thing, so he naturally thought Lei Yus strength was evenly matched with his.

How would he know that Lei Yus previous move was just to get rid of the ordinary people that were peering in from the outside, to avoid their future meddlesome behavior.

Condensing his internal energy, Lei Yus hands were already wrapped with a lightning net. When the bald guy didnt have the time to react, Lei Yu changed his palms to fists: You came at the right time! With a shout, he smashed his fist towards the bald guys chest area.

Being blown backwards a few steps, the bald guy could only feel his entrails and internal organs trembling. Although Lei Yu did not use a lot of strength in his punch, the lightning force combined with it caused the bald guy to feel a paralysis spreading through his body which caused him to be unable to fight back. Having experienced a lot in his life, he didnt bother holding back and clenched his teeth. The genes in his body started changing and a short stubby horn emerged on top of his head.

A rhinoceros? Lei Yu smiled. No wonder he could ignore my attack. You rough skinned and thick fleshed thing, I refuse to believe you wont open your mouth and talk!

Jumping to the side wall and used it as leverage to jump off, Lei Yus body flew forward at a rapid speed towards the bald guy.

Break for me! What attributes did Lei Yus bone structure contain? It contained metallic properties in it. No matter how strong the defensive properties a rhinoceros had, it was impossible to compare it with metals. The instant the bald guy raised his arms to block, a crack sound of bones breaking could be heard. The bald guy started screaming in pain as he clutched his arm squatting on the ground. The once high and mighty bald guy now had a forehead drenched with sweat, and the horn on top of his head also started receding.

Have you suffered enough? Can you answer my questions now? Not caring for the bald guys pain, Lei Yu stepped forward and patted the guys shoulder as he asked.

You really want to know? Impossible!

Who would have thought the bald guy still had strength to resist. Fighting the pain in his broken arm and clenching his teeth to get up, he smashed his head against the nearest wall. After a loud crash, a large hole was made in the wall. Outside the wall, a random guy was walking by was suddenly crushed to death by the rubbles.

The bald guy quickly squirmed through the hole. The sounds of screams and cries suddenly created chaos inside the nightclub. Pushing through the crowd, the bald guy wanted to get away as soon as possible. Seeing that he was about to reach the main entrance, he was suddenly pushed back a few steps by a strong energy aura. Surprised, he recovered and stood there looking at a burly youth with a short haircut blocking his path.

You want to leave? Dont even dream about it! The one blocking the path was none other than Hu Jiong who had been sitting near the entrance the entire time.

Step aside! The bald guy hysterically screamed.

Step aside? Youre my mission objective so why would I do that? Hu Jiong coldly sneered as he stared at the bald guy.

Youre a bounty hunter? The bald guy was shocked. Cold sweat started dripping down the bald guys back, it seems like he will be buried here today! And amongst the chaotic crowd, Lei Yu leisurely walked towards the two.

With both sides blocked, the bald guy suddenly had an idea. He reached into the crowd and grabbed a girl, wrapping his arms around her. It was possible that he was losing his mind; taking a hostage would most likely work when dealing with the police but would this work when dealing with a bounty hunter?

But what he couldnt believe was the girl in his arms started getting hotter and hotter, and his clothes were instantly burnt to ashes. Immediately releasing his arms, he noticed his body was already burnt at several places as well.

Bianca, youre pretty powerful! Lei Yu grinned as he arrived next to them.

First of all, we must mention that Bianca indeed possessed a great strength. Even though she was at the rank of a Third Order Warrior, she was able to face a Fourth Rank Mutant and cause him to back off. With a justified smile: Thats of course!

The bald guy couldnt help but clutch his ears and face, he was really unlucky. What to do? What to do?

Impatient for this to last longer, Lei Yu made his move. His body like a ghost, he instantly reached the side of the bald guy. Lei Yu raised his palm and a purple electric light gave off a buzzing sound. Hearing this gave the bald guy the chills.

Was Lei Yus speed something the bald guy could comprehend? With no time to react, his only good left hand was then destroyed by Lei Yu.

At the same time without any warning, Lei Yu felt a blast of cold aura behind him. Immediately turning around, a familiar yet annoying face appeared in front of him as a hand like eagle claws approached Lei Yu.

Imperial Eagle Break! Cried Xiao Fei as he rushed at Lei Yu.

Lei Yu wasnt able to always have his spiritual awareness spread about looking for people with special abilities. He never thought that Xiao Fei would exploit this situation to attack him.

Ch 122 - Doctor Tony

Lightly stepping aside, Lei Yu barely escaped the full force of Xiao Feis attack. Xiao Feis sharp claws still managed to inflict a slight wound on Lei Yus arm. Because Xiao Feis attack was too fierce, he couldnt stop himself in time when he brushed by Lei Yu. The attack ended up striking towards the head of the bald guy. Due to having both arms broken, there was no way for bald guy to block. The sudden strike out of nowhere did cause some hesitation in Lei Yu but he quickly recovered and directly grabbed onto Xiao Feis arm. He then forcefully broke Xiao Feis arm, bending it in an unimaginable degree. Unfortunately, it was too late. Xiao Feis sharp claws were already embedded into the skull of the bald guy by the time Lei Yu broke his arm. The bald guy had died with his eyes still wide open.

You f*cking bastard! Lei Yu cursed. It was only then did he discover Xiao Fei was already crying out with piercing screams as his arm looked like they were about to fall off.

It was obvious that Bianca knew who Xiao Fei was. Not only were they in the same University, they all studied the same concentration. Even though she had no contact with Xiao Fei, he was still a fellow student of hers. Seeing her fellow student injured, it was inevitable that she felt somewhat uncomfortable. She could only frown while looking at Lei Yu.

What are you looking at me like that for?! Lei Yu turned his head, If I didnt dodge that, Im afraid the person to die would have been me!

As the two recalled the scene, Xiao Feis sneak attack was quite fast and sudden. If Lei Yu had not dodged sideways at the last minute, then the consequences would be unimaginable.

In actuality, who could really take Lei Yus life? This was just Lei Yus rhetoric.

Lei Yu was now dispirited. For something like this to happen especially in a public area, the U.S. government will definitely intervene. How was he going to explain this?

Bianca, call for an ambulance.

Bianca wasnt being evasive about this; she dialed a phone number and told the operator their exact location. Lei Yu pulled the other two and quickly left the scene, leaving the depressed Xiao Fei there with large drops of sweat.

Gently sighing, Lei Yu was somewhat gloomy. Not only was he unable to explain to the U.S. government, how was he going to explain this to Tenglong countrys Eagle Group? How was he going to explain this to Martial Sect?

But this whole situation was not really Lei Yus fault, he was actually afraid of some scoundrel behind the scene would exaggerate certain things. After Xiao Fei suffered such a serious injury, its possible his entire arm would become disabled. So of course Xiao Fei would describe Lei Yu as being as wicked and heinous as possible.

Directly driving Bianca back to the school, they two exchanged phone numbers and called it a day. Lei Yu was in no mood to ask her questions about things anymore. Hu Jiong and he then returned to the hotel after that.

Young master, are you still worried about what happened tonight? Asked Hu Jiong.

Thats of course. Do you know the identity of the person who sneak attacked me? Hes the son of Eagle Groups commander. For something like this to happen was really unexpected. Our countrys Eagle Group I can still kind of explain to, but we killed someone in public in front of a large crowd, how are we going to explain that to the U.S. government? Replied Lei Yu full of dejection.

You dont have to worry. Hu Jiong smiled. The information the Guild provided was on this nightclub, and apart from this place, there werent any other places for us to make the move. Therefore, the Guild will explain themselves to the government so theres no need for us to worry about it. Once the government realizes the deceased was a mutant, they will naturally confirm this with the Guild. And once our identitys been confirmed as well, then no one will question us about this incident ever again.

Thats how it works? Asked Lei Yu with raised eyebrows.

Thats right. The good thing about us bounty hunters is that as long as the people we kill arent ordinary people, then we arent bound by the laws of the court so dont worry about a thing. Hu Jiong smiled.

Lei Yu thought for a bit before realizing the validity of this. Not everyone is capable of posing as a bounty hunter. Even though becoming a bounty hunter was a very simple procedure, but who would have nothing better to do than to go kill mutants for fun? Wouldnt that be throwing their lives away?

Xiao Feis side was indeed problematic and Lei Yu didnt have any solutions to deal with it just yet. He could only wait and see what type of news will come out of Tenglong country.

Lei Yu stretched his body; he wanted to lie down on the sofa to rest for a bit but his cell phone suddenly rang. Looking at the caller ID, thats way too quick! Said Lei Yu with a frown.

Whos calling? Asked Hu Jiong.

Who else could it be? Pressing the accept button, Lei Yu said into the phone: I am Lei Yu, nope, listen to my explanation! Hey! Hey!

Hanging up the phone, Lei Yu threw his phone on the table. F*cking hell, Eagle Group is seeking to punish me!

Hu Jiong didnt know what to say or what words to comfort Lei Yu. But he was clear that if it wasnt for Lei Yu, todays mission would be very difficult for him to complete. Not mentioning how strong the bald guys ability was, with how crowded the nightclub was, Hu Jiong would have a difficult time in stopping the bald guy from escaping.

Sure enough, Lei Yu wasnt willing to return to Tenglong country so they sent in a small investigative team to look for him. Eagle Group commanders son was injured so it wasnt a small matter, yet if we flipped it around and the injured person was just an ordinary person, then even if he died would not cause much of an issue.

Xiao Fei being crippled was quickly spread to even Ai Ers ears. The sun wasnt even up yet and she called over to ask: Brother Yu, whats going on? How could Xiao Fei be?

How did you find out?

One of my fellow students told Mona and Mona told me.

This whole situation isnt something I can explain easily. Once morning comes, stay where you are and dont go anywhere!

I understand.

Coincidentally at dawn, Lei Yus phone rang again. He wasnt usually this busy so what on earth was going on?

Oh, its you Bianca. Is something the matter? Asked Lei Yu.

Ill be waiting for you at the base of the Statue of Liberty on the mouth of Hudson River.

Lei Yu changed his clothes which perhaps was a habit of his. Regardless if his clothes were clean or not, he would always change into new ones at the start of the day. Ancient Moon, youll have to go to the guild alone today to complete your mission because I have something to do. If anything comes up, just give me a call.

Driving his car, Lei Yu drove towards the location Bianca mentioned. The distance wasnt too far and with the height of the Statue of Liberty, Lei Yu was able to see it from far away.

A blue Lamborghini sports car was parked on the roadside. From far away, Lei Yu could already see a blonde beauty wearing a short skirt. Her perky butt was sitting on the hood of the car while a cell phone in her hands was constantly being twirled around. It looked like she was anxiously waiting for something, attracting the eyes of many men passing by.

Lei Yu parked behind this luxury sports car which made his own car seem kind of bland.

Whats up with making me meet you here so early? Asked Lei Yu as he got out of the car.

I received some news about Dr. Tony; they are currently investigating you and want to kill you. You have to quickly escape and leave the U.S.! Dont stay here any longer! Seeing Lei Yu, Bianca rushed up to Lei Yu and said this anxiously.

----------------------------

- Maybe the author is very poor and wears the same thing to bed and to work every day?
    - I verified the words and the author did say meet at the base of the Statue of Liberty. Either the author didnt do his research properly or this imaginary world he created has the statue attached to the mainland instead of on an island.

Ch 123 - Easy Gains

Dr. Tony? Who is he? Lei Yu asked in confusion.

Arent you a bounty hunter?

Uh I guess Im considered one. Lei Yu nodded.

Code name Lightning right?

Lei Yu was shocked. "How did you know?" Lei Yu clearly remembered that Hu Jiong had always respectfully called him young master and never used his code name, so how did Bianca know? Also, who was this Dr. Tony and why did he want to kill him?

Pausing for a bit, Bianca then said: Ever since you came to the U.S. and joined the Bounty Hunters Guild, people already had their eyes on you.

Why? How could this be? Lei Yu asked confused.

Theres someone youll definitely recognize - Hasegawa.

Where is he!? Lei Yus mood suddenly changed as he asked with hatred.

In reality, there are many things you dont know about and theres no way to investigate this. I can tell you but you have to promise me to leave the U.S. You can return to your country or go somewhere else, just dont stay here anymore! Said Bianca filled with concern, she didnt want anything to happen to Lei Yu. As to why shes so concerned about him, even she didnt know why.

No way! Lei Yu firmly shook his head. I came to the U.S. just to look for Hasegawa. Do you know what hes done? His underlings developed a bacterium, and this bacterium was extremely harmful to society especially by threatening the lives of ordinary people. Would you allow this type of person to keep on living in this world?

But you arent his match! Hasegawa is an Ultimate Ninja, and Dr. Tony is even more formidable!

Hearing Biancas words, it appears that she was familiar with Hasegawa and Dr. Tony and knew a lot about what was going on.

The day that Hasegawa killed Lei Yu, he escaped to the U.S. and reached out to Dr. Tony. The two originally had a close relationship, so Hasegawa and Dr. Tony got together and began plotting their next sinister plans.

Do you know them? Lei Yu asked with a frown.

Bianca frowned while clenching her teeth and nodded helplessly. Yes, I do know them.

You seem to know about everything going on are you perhaps a mutant as well?! Lei Yu warily looked at Bianca, his eyes filled with doubt.

But as he said this, Lei Yu felt something wasnt right. The spiritual essence of mutants compared with cultivators was completely different. Bianca clearly did not have any unique characteristics that a mutant would have. Since she could release a scorching hot energy, it should be some type of cultivation method and not something that would manifest itself with a mutagen injection. So what on earth was going on?

No, Im not. And I cant be put in the same category as a mutant. I cant tell you anything for now but please believe me. Lei Yu, I know all about you. You were once the popular figure that everyone in the world paid attention to - the young master. I also know that with your powers alone, you were able to destroy the Yamaguchi-gumi and cause the Kou country to enter an abyss of misery. You are a hero so your life shouldnt end here. There are too little heroes in this world Nowadays, no one cares about a savior stepping forward to accomplish something and no one will remember you in the future. Believe me, leave, just leave the U.S okay? Bianca was extremely emotional. No one knows why she was so concerned about Lei Yu and his safety.

Heavily sighing, Lei Yu then smiled. I dont know why you are so concerned about me but I have to thank you for that. I dont need people to remember me and I dont need them to treat me as some heroic savior. The only thing I know is that I have the strength and I will do things that my ability allows me to take on. If I had the strength but still shirked my responsibility, then what rights do I have to deserve this power?

Bianca was shocked. Was this tall and handsome youth in front of her a fool? No, he wasnt! Then why was he like this? Theres always a story behind every person; Lei Yu had one, Bianca also had one. But no one wanted to touch that scab because hiding it was an easier way for them to stay strong.

Bianca submitted to Lei Yus manner, she was thoroughly subdued. There were billions of men in this world but theres probably only one or two of them that was truly able to move a womans heart. And Lei Yu happened to be one of the few men that could move the heart of this exotic foreign beauty.

The unhinged Bianca didnt know what else to day. Lei Yu smiled, Im grateful to you for chatting with me here today. I would be even more grateful if you could tell me the details of this situation. But if you arent willing to tell, it doesnt matter because I will refuse to give up! Lei Yus eyes were firm. And I will investigate this myself. No matter how difficult it will become, I will see it to the end!

Lei Yu turned around and intending to go back into his car. Gently clearing his throat and silently admiring himself - shit, I am so manly, so f*cken cool!

Wait a minute!

Lei Yu turned around and made his signature smile. Please dont say anymore if you still intend on stopping me.

Ill help you! Biancas reply was truly unexpected for Lei Yu. She knew so much about Hasegawa and this so called Dr. Tony; this meant she must have some sort of relationship with them. Lei Yu was unwilling to resort to any means to interrogate her so he decided to leave. But never would he have thought that Bianca was willing to help him, which was like a godsend right now.

How are you going to help me? Asked Lei Yu.

You and your friend Ancient Moon must immediately leave the Bounty Hunters Guild. You cant enter that place anymore or else something bad might happen. Said Bianca.

Oh? What type of bad thing? It shouldnt be Lei Yus heart had a faint bad feeling but didnt say it out loud.

Bianca paused a bit before saying: This whole thing is too complicated and isnt something I can explain so easily. But the simplest way I can explain to you is that the mutagen was developed by Dr. Tony. And the Bounty Hunters Guild was founded by him as well. His goal was to use people like Ancient Moon to eradicate his failed products!

Lei Yu gasped, Whats their ultimate goal?

A successfully developed mutagen after being injected into a human body will cause tremendous changes, and Dr. Tony is able to control these transformed mutants. The failures are those that have been absorbed by the human body making him unable to control them, thats when he would have the bounty hunters go out and destroy them. His ultimate goal is to gain control of all the mutants to fulfill his ambitions!

Lei Yu was stunned, but then suddenly thought of something. That doesnt make sense; I clearly remember seeing on the mission lists showing bounties on the European werewolves and vampires. Whats up with that?

The forces of Dr. Tony are way too vast. Although in name he is simply a Doctorate of Science, but the fields he dabbles in are very broad. Not only does he have a strong influence in the U.S., he even has a strong relationship with the Vatican in Europe. By using the outside resources, he can help the Vatican eradicate these demonic existences. Of course they would develop an enmity with the werewolves and vampires, but in return they gain the favor of the Vatican.

Ch 124 - The Huge Estate

Then he is someone really fearsome! Cold sweat started appearing on Lei Yus forehead. Oh crap!

Hurriedly taking out his cell phone, he called Hu Jiong. Ancient Moon! Where are you right now?

Ive just entered the hallway of the guild, whats up?

Quick! Quickly get out of there!

Ahhh!

Hello? Hello? Ancient Moon! Hu Jiong! Hu Jiong! Lei Yu was screaming like crazy into the phone but no one answered at the end of the line.

What happened? Bianca urgently asked.

Shit! Hes not responding and the call was suddenly cut off! Something shouldnt have happened right? Lei Yu was somewhat frantic.

Dont worry; I dont think theyll hurt him.

Why would you say that? Lei Yu asked.

Their main purpose was to find you so before you show your face; Ancient Moon should still be safe.

Lei Yu tightly closed his eyes, calming his impatience and restlessness. As he gradually calmed down, his thoughts were constantly thinking on what steps he should take next.

I have to leave for a bit but Ill be in contact with you by phone. From about six to seven meters away, Lei Yu leaped and landed directly inside his car. Bianca didnt ask anything further because she knew where Lei Yu was off to. But her heart could not help but ache slightly.

The Mercedes-Benz convertible roadster parked inside the New York Universitys campus. Since it was still early, there werent too many people walking about on campus. Lei Yu dialed Ai Ers number and only after hearing her voice did his heart finally calm down.

When the two met, Lei Yu and Ai Er both left together. As to where they would go, Lei Yu hadnt thought about that yet. But since Ai Er was safe, then the next thing he should do was quickly contact Bianca. No matter how she knew so much, having someone with them who knew the ins and outs of the situation was more beneficial than harmful.

Meeting up at the coffee shop with Bianca, Ai Er had the right to know about everything. And then trouble seems to follow one after another. Lei Yu had just sat down when his phone rang and a voice he didnt want to hear at this time appeared at the other end.

Do you know where my brother his? My calls cant seem to get through to his phone.

Hes dealing with something important right now and cant answer your call. If you have something important, you can tell me and I will tell him. Said Lei Yu as he gently rubbed his forehead trying to dull the ache.

Oh, its nothing important. Tomorrow I will arrive in New York on my work flight. Once you see him, if you could let him know that I brought something for him. Also I brought something for you too! After she said that, Hu Xin Er hung up the phone. Lei Yu could not help letting out a long sigh.

What should I do? How do I rescue Ancient Moon? Lei Yu asked Bianca who was sitting across from him.

What? Was that his sister that called? Having the ability that exceeded ordinary people, it was natural her hearing was better than them. Bianca was able to hear the voice on the other end of the line as well.

Lei Yu nodded. Right, I really dont know how to explain this to her.

Since you cant really expose your face around town, Ill go out for a bit. When I find out anything, Ill contact you.

Lei Yu knew that Bianca had to figure out the situation so he didnt say anything unnecessary and just nodded his head. With Ai Er, the two of them quietly sat in the coffee shop drinking coffee except that they werent in the mood to enjoy it.

Brother Yu, the people in Tenglong country gave me a call and said the investigative team will be arriving in the U.S. this afternoon. What should we do?

Lei Yu slammed his cup onto the table; troubling things did indeed all come at once. Who cares about the investigative team. Dr. Tonys side currently wants my life and Hu Jiong is under their control. I really dont have time to care about the team. Isnt it just some little *****s arm thats broken? Whats the big deal about that?

But I heard that the people in Martial Sect were really pissed off. Uncle Shangguan Shangguan Xi Hong said this was equivalent to their own people fighting against each other. Ai Er knew Lei Yu was in a bad mood but there were things that Lei Yu had to hear about since this wasnt considered something trivial.

Okay, I understand. Lei Yu lowered his head and tenderly said: You want to come with me to a place?

To where? Ai Er asked.

Lei Yu smiled. Since we dont have anywhere else to go, lets go look for an old friend.

The state of Idaho was a beautiful place surrounded by rivers and forests. It was a good place for a vacation and Lei Yus destination was that.

With a distance that was pretty far away, they enjoyed the scenery as they drove across the country. Since Ai Er didnt get any sleep the previous night, she was covered with a jacket that Lei Yu took out from his storage ring and sweetly fell asleep.

The small towns in the U.S. were different from the Tenglong countrys. Each of them had their own distinct uniqueness and embraced their ancient heritage. Some of their residences crossed the barrier of modern time and made one feel they had returned to the early colonic era.

According to the GPS display, Lei Yu had arrived at one of the largest cities in Idaho. Just to be safe, Lei Yu stopped at the side of the road and took off his ring. He then went looking for people that were more elderly in age.

Excuse me, do you recognize this ring?

The elderly person was stunned, how come you have this?

It looks like this person recognizes it which made Lei Yu silently ecstatic. It appears the old woman didnt exaggerate herself. Well, an old woman gave this to me and told me to look for her with this.

Hearing this, the elderly person enthusiastically gave some directions to Lei Yu. The car came to a stop outside a huge estate, Wow, its so big! Lei Yu could not help praising.

The estate was surrounded by an iron fence that wasnt very tall, and encompassing it was soft and delicate green grass that swayed with the breeze. On top of the grass were a variety of dogs from all over the world running around. A path that wasnt too wide but was able to fit a car was connected from the front gate to a nearby villa that was at least 10,000 square meters (107639 sqft). No, we should really call this a castle because it was too big, too extravagant and beautiful.

Excuse me sir, how can I help you? Outside the main gate, a soft spoken middle-aged man with brown hair asked.

Oh, Im looking for an old woman; shes the owner of this ring. Lei Yu then showed the ring in his hand. The middle-aged man then hurriedly picked up the phone inside a small hut beside the main gate, "Mr. Hawes! Someone came with the ring! Yes...! Yes!

The middle-aged mans voice sounded very excited, he was so excited that he could barely speak and hurriedly opened the main gate. Quickly come in, come in! The madam has been waiting for you for a long time!

Lei Yu nodded and blinked a few times before getting back into his car. He then drove into the estate while people he passed were discussing something enthusiastically. Oh my god! A car was allowed to drive into the estate? Who on earth are they?

They look like two young people!

This is really too shocking, there has never been an outsiders vehicle allowed into the estate before!

---------------------------

- Plot hole, she shouldnt know that Lei Yu was working with Hu Jiong so why would she call Lei Yu?

Ch 125 - Finally Came

Unknown how they couldve prepared so fast, but a red carpet was rolled out from the main door of the castle onto the edge of the roadway for cars. On the left side of the carpet, ten plus maids dressed in black and white were respectfully standing there in a line. And on the right side were a line of men dressed in white suits with a black shirts showing underneath. Lei Yu was beyond surprised from seeing this, he had never expected to be received and greeted with such big fanfare. He was definitely shocked beyond words, but fortunately he had experienced a scene similar to this already in the Kou country.

But it was different for Ai Er. She was surprised and curiously looking at Lei Yu since she couldnt understand why this scene would occur.

The old madam then came out from the castle. She was an old woman that was supported by a beautiful young girl that was followed behind by two female servants. Lei Yu instantly recognized the old woman. She was exactly the old lady he had assisted when she told him she was trapped in the Kou country.

Right after that came a woman about forty five years old being accompanied by a middle-aged man around fifty years old.

Lei Yu and Ai Er got out of the car and seemed somewhat at a loss. Lei Yu was secretly saying in his heart: Oh crap, I would have never thought this family would be this rich. Could they be some ancient clan or family?

Youve finally come to see me! The old woman was the first to say something as she started walking down the steps. This was her savior so how could she not be excited?

Lei Yu recovered his senses and closely inspected the elderly person. Perhaps it was due to her returning home, but her once thin malnourished face was now rosy and plump making her become a healthy looking elderly woman. Even though her skin was still a bit loose, when compared to the agonized look their first time meeting, they were almost like two different people.

Old madam, I never expected that Lei Yu pointed all around him and didnt know what to say.

Quick, come on in!

Going in the castle entrance with the rest of the people, a golden floral carpet had covered the entire ground floor. With the old castle-like structure accompanied with modern amenities, it gave this magnificent palace a fresh and unique spin.

Lei Yu, Ai Er, and everyone were seated in a bright and spacious hall for receiving guests. Although Lei Yu has experienced the grandeurs and aspects of society, this was his first time seeing such a magnificently constructed private residence.

The previous middle-aged man stood up and walked towards Lei Yu. My name is Hawes, the successor of the Burlinder family. Having heard your name from my mother plenty of times, its really an honor to finally meet you!

Lei Yu politely stood up and shook hands with Hawes. The latter seemed to be using a lot of strength and looked like he was just overly happy. Seeing his own mothers savior, how could this dutiful son not be excited?

Im Lei Yu; its really nice to meet you. Lei Yu slightly bowed showing his courteous manner.

The still attractive forty something year old woman also stood up and Hawes introduced her: This is my wife.

Hello to you, Mrs. Hawes.

The attractive woman came forward and gave Lei Yu a polite hug before touching her cheeks to his. Lei Yu was a bit surprised, how could a forty something year old woman have such smooth skin? Of course he didnt reveal his surprised expression in the slightest and pretended that thought never occurred to him.

The young girl who was supporting the old woman and never said a word suddenly stood up and shook Lei Yus hand. Hello, my name is Lafayette.

Oh! Nice to meet you. The greeting was quite abrupt and Lei Yu didnt know who the girl was, but he could somewhat guess who she was.

Im sorry for her rudeness, this is my daughter. Hawes said with an apologetic face.

Such a polite and aristocratic family caused Lei Yu to feel a bit uncomfortable. Pointing to Ai Er who was standing behind him, this is Ai Er, shes my fiance.

Lei Yus introduction made Ai Ers heart feel very sweet. She quickly bowed slightly and said: How do you do.

When the old woman returned home, she told her son everything about her situation and how she encountered Lei Yu. Not only was he going to appropriately avenge those that had harmed his mother, he also was extremely grateful towards Lei Yu. Hawess mother was the soul of the entire family and with Lei Yus assistance; the whole family naturally treated Lei Yu as a benefactor.

Lei Yus arrival had suddenly caused a huge commotion in the Burlinder family. A large banquet was held in his honor which Lei Yu was not too used to. But as a guest, he should comply with the wishes of the host and just play along with their customs.

Benefactor, is there something you need to deal with from your trip to the U.S.? Asked Hawes.

Lei Yu smiled and said: Mr. Hawes, you are too polite, please just call me Lei Yu. There is indeed something I have to deal with and Ill be staying in the U.S. for a while before I can leave.

If theres anything I can do for you, please dont hesitate to tell me.

Lei Yu gratefully smiled. How could he mention the situation he was dealing with to him? If he was to accidentally bring disaster to this family that just experienced a family reunion, then wouldnt Lei Yus decision for them to return a favor turn into a calamity?

I appreciate your kind offer, I will.

The feast was indeed very luxurious. Lei Yu and Ai Er ate their fill to the point that they couldnt stop burping.

Agreeing to the hosts request, Lei Yu and Ai Er spent the night in Mr. Hawes home. But in his heart, he was still worrying about Hu Jiongs safety. Bianca still had not contacted him which made him feel uneasy.

Brother Yu, whats wrong with you? Are you worried for your friend? Ai Er asked as she saw Lei Yus facial expression.

*Sigh* Thats right; theres still no news from Bianca so I dont know how Hu Jiong is doing right now.

Since there werent any news, worrying was of no use. Lei Yu held onto Ai Ers hand while they strolled along the huge estate. Staring up into the sky and seeing the stars, the scene looked like a peaceful and serene painting.

There are really a lot of coincidences in this world. Who would have thought the old woman you saved in the Kou country would actually be a member of a wealthy aristocratic family! But I wonder what they do to have so much money. Mumbled Ai Er as she playfully strolled around.

I didnt expect this either. Anyway, its not safe out there and I believe no one should know our destination here. I really dont want to bring any trouble to this family Okay, shall we head back in and rest early? Lei Yu gently touched Ai Ers head and the latter nodded in agreement.

Complying with Ai Ers request, Lei Yu and her had separate rooms. Ai Er returned to her room first while Lei Yu sat down at the receiving hall. Mr. Hawes then handed Lei Yu a glass of red wine.

Mr. Hawes, this ring that you and I possess, is there a story behind it? Lei Yu was really interested in this matter since the ring was capable for storing things inside it.

Hawes replied: The ring does in fact have a story behind it but Im not too clear on the details. Perhaps the only person that knows about it would be my mother.

Lei Yus brow went up, Mr. Hawes, can I take a look at your ring?

Ch 126 - Greek Prophet

Without any thought, Hawes directly took off the ring from his finger and handed it to Lei Yu.

Slightly concentrating his spiritual awareness, Lei Yu inserted a trace of spiritual energy into the ring. He suddenly experienced the same feeling when he was first exposed to his ring. And in the corner of the storage space, Lei Yu discovered an item. This item that looked like a black wooden stick gave off a mysterious atmosphere. This scroll that was recorded with Greek texts was the same as what Lei Yu had in his ring, so what was this thing?

Lei Yu was indeed really curious about the ring. But since Hawes didnt know the back-story of it, it seems that he will need to find an opportunity to ask his mother.

Returning to his room, Lei Yu sat down on the floor ready to cultivate. It was at this time a knocking sound came from his door. When Lei Yu opened the door, the old woman was standing outside.

Child, I apologize for bothering you at your time of rest.

Oh, old madam, is something the matter? Lei Yu fully opened the door and respectfully invited the homeowner to enter his room.

After sitting down, the old woman then said: I do know about your situation. I didnt look for you because I didnt want to intrude into your daily life so I hope youll forgive me for not seeking you out earlier.

Lei Yu hurriedly waved his hand in front of him, Old madam, you are too polite. Ive never had those thoughts so please dont say things like that.

I am very happy that youve visited me today. But when I look at your face, I can tell theres something bothering you. Whatever it is, can you tell me about it?

Well

Believe me; I might be able to help you out. The old woman looked kindly at Lei Yu making him feel something he had never felt before. Perhaps this was the power of motherly love, so Lei Yu finally relented.

I left Tenglong country for the Kou country

------------------------

From what youve said, you must be in a very dangerous situation right now?

Lei Yu stood up and nervously said: Rest assured, I was very careful before coming here. And Im pretty sure no one was following me. Ah, if this has caused any inconveniences, I can immediately leave now so dont worry about it.

Sit down child. The old woman waved her hand, making Lei Yu sit down somewhat uncomfortably. The old woman then said: I can try to help you out with this situation but you also need to help me with one thing.

Even though he doesnt know how the old woman could help him, but Lei Yu still nodded and smiled in thanks. What do you need me to help you with?

Can you help me take out the two scrolls inside the rings?

Lei Yu was shocked, so the old woman already knew there was something inside those rings! But then again, why was this so strange? Didnt Hawes say that only his mother knew the story behind these rings?

Of course I can. Lei Yu nodded. But since you knew how precious these rings were, why did you give me one?

The old womans reply was simple but made Lei Yus heart tremble. Because youre a good person and trustworthy! At first I only hoped that you would look for me in the U.S. but then find out your background was a bit special. Now that youve came, I trust you even more so Im willing to divulge the secret to you.

Lei Yu exhaled heavily, looks like the real highlight of the movie was about to start. What on earth did the scrolls inside the rings really represent?

Thank you for your trust in me.

The old woman took out a gray colored ring from her pocket and on it was also carved with a rotating pattern. If one was to look closely at the inside edge of the ring, you could see some text on it. The text on the ring was the same as the Greek text on the scrolls and Lei Yu couldnt understand any of it.

I retrieved this ring from by son beforehand. Ive never revealed the secret before because Ive never met a reliable and trustworthy person. Today I will borrow your power to look at the secret of our heritage from thousands of years ago!

Lei Yu activated his awareness and condensed his spiritual energy into the ring. The black wooden stick quivered as it floated and dropped into Lei Yus hands out of thin air. After doing that for both rings, two similar sized black scrolls appeared that gave off a mysterious aura.

Lei Yu solemnly handed the two scrolls over to the old woman like he was handing over some sacred treasure. The old woman received it with a rather serious and respectful expression.

As the scroll was unfurled, Lei Yu was carefully waiting for the old womans words.

After a long time I see, I finally understand now. Serve the Prophet for the predestined outcome!

Lei Yu scratched his head since he couldnt understand what the old woman was saying, and didnt want to open his mouth to ask.

Thank you child. I implore you to continue keeping the other scroll safe. Lei Yu took one of the scrolls and the old woman then said: You should be able to see that the texts in the scrolls are from the Greek language.

Lei Yu nodded. It was precisely this reason that he couldnt read what it was about. It wasnt because Lei Yu didnt go search for a Greek dictionary or something, but the reason being modern Greek words seemed to be very different from the ones on the scroll.

This is not only Greek text, but text from ancient Greece, thats why regular people cannot understand what is written. I was entrusted by the Prophet to preserve these. In actuality, the Burlinder family is an ancient aristocratic family and it was due to coincidence that I personally gained the trust of the Prophet. That story of how that happened isnt important; the important part is what the scroll has to say. Said the old woman pleasantly.

Ancient Greece? Prophet? Lei Yu couldnt make heads or tails over this; he clearly couldnt understand what the old woman was going on about.

Wait until you resolve your matters in the U.S., then I will trouble you to take me on a trip to Athens so I can fetch a holy object. This holy object is very important and I wish to have an opportunity to lay eyes on it at least once within my lifetime.

The more she spoke, the more bizarre this became but Lei Yu didnt doubt a single word. With such a magical thing like this storage ring, then behind it must be something even more amazing. What Lei Yu couldnt understand; if the old woman was so special, why would she be trapped in the Kou country? Since he was still an outsider, there were things that werent polite for him to ask.

Curling the scroll back up, the old woman left the room. It took a long time yet Lei Yu still couldnt enter his cultivating state. His mind kept thinking about the things that have happened to these past two days. He never expected that everything he came into contact with was so strange and bizarre. He could still accept the ninjas of the Kou country and the mutants of the U.S. since they were somewhat related to cultivators. Tenglong country itself werent short of people with special abilities. But ancient Greece was a whole nother deal since hes never encountered that subject before. Could the Burlinder familys lineage be traced back to ancient Greece? He could just wait until he goes with the old woman to Athens, then everything should reveal itself.

Furthermore, there was still Hu Xin Er to deal with. Her flight to the U.S. will be arriving tomorrow, should he see her or not? What should he say if he does meet up with her? If Hu Jiong was to really encounter some misfortune, Lei Yu would probably die of guilt. If it wasnt for him showing up, the Bounty Hunters Guild would perhaps function like normal and not the situation it was now where they were using Hu Jiong to threaten him.

Even though he was only recently acquainted with this friend, Hu Jiong did treat him with great respect and called him young master; this made Lei Yu have a good impression on him. And since Lei Yu was a real man and hot blooded in nature, he will naturally not stand aside without doing a thing. Ultimately, this whole outcome happened because of him.

Ch 127 - Powerful Influence

With much difficulty, Lei Yu finally calmed down and entered a calm state. He then started circulating his internal energy throughout his meridians.

Lei Yu found a very strange phenomenon; whenever his internal energy circulated to his heart vessels, he felt an inexplicably warm feeling vibrating in his chest area. The feeling was really comfortable but Lei Yu couldnt figure out what was the cause of it.

The odd thing was that his heart vessels were much stronger than his other meridians. Whether it be its tenacity or its absorption capability, it was far more superior to other places.

Something not right. Lei Yu was in deep thought. Cultivators stressed that their energy protected the heart since the heart was like their spring of life. Regardless of any persons heart, it was an extremely fragile organ that couldnt protect itself, thats why it relied on a persons internal energy to protect it. So why had Lei Yus heart vessels become tougher than any of the meridians in his body?

This phenomenon caused Lei Yu to have many questions without answers. But this wasnt anything bad after all, with such a tough and strong heart vessel would definitely help Lei Yu in the long run. He then calmed himself down again and began to cultivate according to the methods imprinted into his mind.

His internal energy went through two cycles before Lei Yu spit out some turbid air. Compared to before with the Spiritual Bead of Longevitys help of expelling impurities, relying on himself wasnt any fun at all. But theres no other way, he could only acknowledge his fate. Lei Yu also understood that his so called genius destiny had come to an end. Without the help of the Spiritual Bead of Longevity, cultivating now will have many added cumbersome processes.

But of course Lei Yu was determined not to give up. Although he had reached the Sixth Order Warrior rank, it was still in the early stages. Comparing this to Shangguan Xi Hong and Celestial Courts two Sixth Grade Celestials, he was still too far behind. Moreover, Lei Yu had to find the killer who murdered his grandfather so this made him continue to put more effort into cultivating. Even if the process was slow, he couldnt slack off one bit.

Changing into a set of clean clothes, Lei Yu opened the door and happened to leave the room the same time as Lafayette. They both smiled at each other and Lafayette gracefully walked next to Lei Yu. Gently holding on his right arm, she then said: Lets go downstairs to eat breakfast.

Lei Yus smile became somewhat awkward. Perhaps for Lafayette, her actions didnt mean much but for Lei Yu, he wasnt too used to things like this. Ah, Im grateful to Miss Lafayette for accompanying me, but I need to look for my fiance since theres some things I need to tell her; if you dont mind going down to breakfast first.

Thats fine then, Ill see you later.

See you in a bit. Lei Yu sighed in relief and walked towards Ai Ers room. As he was about to knock on the door, with his amazing hearing ability, he heard Ai Ers voice from the inside.

Where is the investigative team now? Brother, what should we do then? Brother Yu is still in danger so he cant go out. Okay, right, the people in the investigative team may not be their opponents. These past two days, I heard the strength of this group is really strong, even brother Yu is kind of worried. Also, his friend was captured by these people. Okay, I understand. I will call you if anything new comes up.

Lei Yu shook his head; this investigative team is really a pain in the *** making a big deal out of nothing. Coming to the U.S. to investigate this, why dont they think about comparing the medical costs to the travelling expenses; which one was more expensive?

Then again, theres no other way. He is after all the son of Eagle Groups commander.

Sometimes avoiding isnt the way. Lei Yu had been wondering about one thing - what if he appeared out of his own initiative? No matter how strong Dr. Tonys influence was, would he actually send out a dozen or so Ultimate Mutants out to a public area? There are probably not that many mutants in the U.S. under his control, but if there were, wouldnt he be able to disrupt the worlds order? One or two of them could already cause a lot of chaos.

Lei Yu currently had the strength of a Sixth Order Warrior and was considered evenly matched with the Ultimate Mutants. Even if an Ultimate Mutant joined forces with Hasegawa, an Ultimate Ninja, Lei Yu still has the ability to escape. He had absolute trust in his own speed. Not to mention that green energy had disappeared, so the situation where he goes berserk and out of control should no longer occur.

Lei Yu made up his mind and decided to show up amongst a large public crowd and see what they wanted. But the only problem thats giving him a headache was what to do with Ai Er?

Brother Yu, you havent gone down yet?

Ah! Oh, I was just about to meet with you and go down to breakfast together.

Ai Er clasped her hands in front of her chest and narrowed her eyes, revealing a face of enjoyment. This place is really nice, even my house isnt even as good as this. Its really great here.

Lei Yu suddenly had a thought. Ai Er, you really like this place that much?

Of course I do. Mr. Hawes and his family treats us so well, and Lafayette and I are really compatible with each other. Last night we chatted until really late before we went to sleep!

Thats good then, really good. Lei Yu nodded his head. With one hand holding onto Ai Ers hand, they both went downstairs.

Breakfast was so lavish that made people hard to comprehend; it was like they were treated as royalty! Lei Yu was actually kind of overwhelmed by this.

After the meal, Lei Yu pulled Ai Er aside and told her his thoughts. Ai Ers eyes were full of reluctance and unwillingness to let Lei Yu go out by himself; she was going to be too worried. But Ai Er was a reasonable girl and knew she would be a hindrance if she came along. If something was to happen, Lei Yu would be distracted by having to protect her so she could only obediently nod in acceptance.

Mr. Hawes, old madam, I I have some things to take care of which requires me to leave for two days. I dont know if its possible if my fiance can stay with your family for the next two days? Lei Yu politely asked with a smile.

Lei Yu, theres no need to be so polite. Just go ahead and take care of whatever you need to do. Mother and I will help you in anyway so dont worry. Oh yeah, Miss Ai Er and Lafayette are quite compatible with each other so with these two like sisters together, you should be rest assured. Mr. Hawes obviously knew Lei Yu had things to take care of. It appears the old woman had already told him about Lei Yus situation.

Im really grateful for this.

Lei Yu then drove away. The distance to New York was still quite a ways so he was driving pretty fast. Halfway there, he received Biancas call and found out some news about Hu Jiong. Hu Jiong was fine which made Lei Yu sigh in relief as his heart was somewhat eased.

Lei Yu was actually very curious about how Bianca could know so much, but it was obviously clear that she was helping him so he shouldnt think too much.

---------------------------------

Within Tenglong country, a middle-aged man with a thin face, phoenix like eyes, and a hook nose was holding a cell phone and pacing back and forth inside a house. His thick eyebrows furrowed together as he had been waiting for news from the U.S. side. But after a full day and night, no news came which made him extremely anxious.

Commander Xiao, the investigative team that went to the U.S. says they couldnt find the person called Lei Yu.

Humph! With one hand like a claw, he completely crushed the cell phone into pieces and letting it scatter onto the ground. Is the Eagle Commanders son so easily bullied by some bastard offspring? He is not putting me in his eyes!

Please calm yourself sir, I will go check out the situation again. If theres any news, I will immediately contact you. This person hurriedly left not daring to stay for too long.

------------------------------------

After arriving at the U.S., Lei Yu had changed his phone and only gave his number to the people he wanted to have it. It was no wonder the investigative team was having a hard time finding him. But since Lei Yu already had a plan, he would naturally have his own way of doing things. Getting the contact information of the investigative team from Ai Er, Lei Yu initiated the call to them and gave the group a meeting time and location.

The investigative team was made up of four people, each with their own roles. One was responsible for interrogation, two were responsible for recording statements, and one was in charge of investigating. Lei Yu, why did you seriously hurt Xiao Fei to the point of crippling him?

He attacked me first, and it was him that killed an American. Lei Yu said in a reasonable manner.

According to our understanding, the person that killed the American was you and not Xiao Fei. And when Xiao Fei was trying to stop you, he suffered from your attack, is that right? The interrogator coldly asked.

Lei Yu first smiled in disdain before standing up. The interrogator shouted: What are you trying to do?

Havent you guys already fabricated the whole story? Is there any need for my statement?

Watch your attitude! The interrogator pounded the table and stood up.

Lei Yu angrily grabbed his chair and smashed it against the wall causing the four chair legs suddenly split from the frame. His eyes full of anger, watch my attitude? Whats with YOUR attitude?! What right do you have to interrogate me? Is this the right the Eagle Group gave you? Before I give in my official papers, I am still the Deputy Commander of Dragon Group. Is it that you dont know the orders issued by the Chairman himself? I, Lei Yu am not someone you can command, and you dont have the ability to command me either. If you really want to investigate the truth of the matter, then stop fabricating shit up! Otherwise I, Lei Yu, will not let you guys off easily!

The several people were suddenly startled. Them coming to the U.S. were arranged by Eagle Group. And it was after Eagle Group applying for the paperwork to Martial Sect before they agreed to allow them here. But it seems this group of people had completely forgotten Lei Yus identity. After Lei Yu said his words, cold sweat suddenly appeared on the members of this group.

Seeing this group of people with stunned looks, Lei Yu scoffed. Acting all high and mighty after they were given a little bit of power? They were less than a dog fart! Lei Yu coldly humphed before walking away. The investigative group did not even dare fart at this point.

What were these fellows considered? Lei Yu was a person that Chairman Lin ordered that he was under the command of no one. And he was still the Deputy Commander of Dragon Group, which was still slightly more prestigious than Eagle Group.

In fact, everyone was already clear that the American that died was a mutant. They wanted to use this point as a point to hold him responsible. But what they screwed up on was that Lei Yu simply didnt care, and they didnt have the qualifications to demand anything of him.

Originally, Martial Sect agreed to let Eagle Group send out an investigative team was only a show to placate the commander. Lei Yus current position in Martial Sect could be said to be near the same level as the Shangguan family, so would Shangguan Xi Hong help Eagle Group in turn offending Lei Yu? This seems a bit unrealistic. Shangguan Xi Hong himself wanted to have Lei Yu firmly within his hands since he will be of great assistance in his future plans. After all, Lei Yu was a rare talent that could be referred to as a genius.

Coincidentally around this time, that day at the nightclub was all recorded by surveillance cameras and the recording was handed over to the responsible government departments of New York City. Everything was very clear; Lei Yu did not attempt to kill the bald guy and was only trying to capture him. Even though the video wasnt too clear, you can still see the disgusting face of Xiao Fei behind Lei Yu when he quietly made a sneak attack. The truth had been revealed and the video recording made its way to Tenglong country but not to the public.

Nonsense! Shangguan Xi Hong shouted angrily with his hands clasped behind his back. Chairman Lin is extremely pissed off! Commander Xiao, if you want to keep firmly sitting in your position, then you better properly discipline your son!

Holding back his anger, he had brought his son back from the U.S and found the best doctors in the country for treatment. But even after treating him, there will still be lingering issues. Wanting to maintain his outstanding performance in Eagle Group? It looks like Xiao Fei will no longer have that opportunity. As the commander of Eagle Group, he will naturally harbor this hatred and will one day seek out his vengeance.

These few days in the U.S., it was actually peaceful and quiet for Lei Yu. No one came after him, not even mutants. This was definitely very strange for Lei Yu.

Little did he know, Mr. Hawes had secretly done some things so that Lei Yu would temporarily not be in any danger.

Lei Yu wasnt in any in danger but he was extremely worried about Hu Jiong. Two days ago, Hu Xin Er came to the U.S. and Lei Yu came up with some excuses to not see her. But this wasnt a solution so what should he do?

But coincidentally at this time, Hu Jiong gave Lei Yu a call and said that had been released. Lei Yu was overjoyed but couldnt figure why this was the case. Asking Hu Jiong was of no use since he was clueless himself. As for Bianca, she shook her head and said she didnt know either; she only knew that a very powerful influence requested Dr. Tony to do this. As for whom it was, she had no clue.