Thread: HKTV -My Mother is black rose (我阿媽係黑玫瑰)

Default HKTV -My Mother is black rose (我阿媽係黑玫瑰)

No section for HKTV dramas so just decided it to put it here since there maybe a possibility that atv may air some of hktv's dramas. Has anyone seen this yet? It stars Kara Hui, David Chiang, Mimi Kung, Dominic Lam

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    No section for HKTV dramas so just decided it to put it here since there maybe a possibility that atv may air some of hktv's dramas. Has anyone seen this yet? It stars Kara Hui, David Chiang, Mimi Kung, Dominic Lam
    I skimmed through it but not too much to my taste. The series was too edited that the story did not run smoothly, leaving a lot of plot holes. It was too wacky altogether!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I actually liked this series. Thought it was very funny but your right, lots of editing that sometimes, the next episode is already about something else. It was nice to see a lot of veteran actors. Dominic was very funny with the sanitizer. But yeh a few parts were a bit too gruesome, I don't think they would have been allowed to show on tv.

I actually liked this series. Thought it was very funny but your right, lots of editing that sometimes, the next episode is already about something else. It was nice to see a lot of veteran actors. Dominic was very funny with the sanitizer. But yeh a few parts were a bit too gruesome, I don't think they would have been allowed to show on tv.
    I am watching "The Wicked League" and the whole cast is veterans. I find this dark humour funny and the series is hardly edited. But I am having trouble getting used to Yuen Wah without his trademark mustache.

So far, my fav HKTV series are: The Election, The Menu and To be Or Not to be. I liked the third story "Monica" from Doom +5 but not all the other stories. I thought "Beyond The Rainbow" good to start off with, but the story got strange with more editing and the ending were soso. It is sad that HKTV will be closing production now.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Yeh I agree so far the series they produce are okay and interesting. It's different. I have not seen any other drama, just happen to see my mother is black rose and the first episode kind of catch my attention so I just kept watching. Still have a few series im trying to finish. I heard they cut out a lot of scenes so that the episodes won't drag. I think I read somewhere they said internet advertising is not enough and so they are stopping production.

Someone in the Noel Leung thread mention that noel is in the menu and so I want to watch that one too.

also I just want to mention in the first episode when they keep calling shek sau "si lai killer" was so funny.... I thought his msg to black rose on the camera was funny. He's looking all serious and telling her to meet at such location or he will kill the hostage. I wonder how he control himself from not cracking up.

Yeh I agree so far the series they produce are okay and interesting. It's different. I have not seen any other drama, just happen to see my mother is black rose and the first episode kind of catch my attention so I just kept watching. Still have a few series im trying to finish. I heard they cut out a lot of scenes so that the episodes won't drag. I think I read somewhere they said internet advertising is not enough and so they are stopping production.

Someone in the Noel Leung thread mention that noel is in the menu and so I want to watch that one too.
    Well, the series are quite good quality so they need 1 million HKD worth of commercials or products sold for each episode of series.
    Cyril Connolly

true and not everyone goes on the internet to watch it. My mom still watches drama on tv. I wonder how ratings will be when it airs on atv. At least the people who watches the drama on tv can enjoy it.

true and not everyone goes on the internet to watch it. My mom still watches drama on tv. I wonder how ratings will be when it airs on atv. At least the people who watches the drama on tv can enjoy it.
    I though Yip Ka Bo rejected Ricky's offer! They now have a new investor so I don't think it will go ahead.
    Cyril Connolly

oh it got rejected? The last I heard, there were negotiations to air it but have not follow up on the news for that.

oh it got rejected? The last I heard, there were negotiations to air it but have not follow up on the news for that.
    Read this: http://www.jaynestars.com/news/hktv-...al-dissipates/
    Cyril Connolly

oh wow did not see this article, gosh I think it would be beneficial for both sides. I wonder why atv demanded for more money, any income would be better than nothing.

Currently, are they only airing on hktv website?

oh wow did not see this article, gosh I think it would be beneficial for both sides. I wonder why atv demanded for more money, any income would be better than nothing.

Currently, are they only airing on hktv website?
    Yes, and also some TV boxes. I have got a Xiao Mi box that is connected to live streaming from HKTV.
    Cyril Connolly