Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Old movies

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Does anyone know the name of the movie which has Alex Man and Joey Wong as a couple? Joey supposedly kills Alex, and is shocked to find that he appears at home perfectly fine the next day. Apparently the new Alex is a lookalike who is trying to investigate how the first Alex died. Eventually, it is discovered that the old Alex was actually killed by his driver (and was already dead when Joey pushed his car off the cliff), and he had cooked part of him and served it to Joey...
    City Hunter? (not sure about the title)

I remember Carrie Ng (?) was in it and had an affair with Alex, who was Joey's husband. And Alex had a twin. That's about it.
    Last edited by charbydis; 07-09-15 at 07:27 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    City Hunter? (not sure about the title)

I remember Carrie Ng (?) was in it and had an affair with Alex, who was Joey's husband. And Alex had a twin. That's about it.
    Ah. Not "Sing See Lip Yan" but "Dou See Lip Yan". Sorry! Remembered wrongly!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://chinesemov.com/images/1989/missing-man-1989-s.jpg')
    Last edited by charbydis; 07-10-15 at 04:16 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Ah. Not "Sing See Lip Yan" but "Dou See Lip Yan". Sorry! Remembered wrongly!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://chinesemov.com/images/1989/missing-man-1989-s.jpg')
    Thanks! Apparently both will work.

http://suling213.blogspot.com/2012/08/blog-post_9.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Oh yeah! The director is Yip Tin Hang who played ? Kublai Khan in ROCH 83!
    Cyril Connolly

ah never heard of this movie, will definitely watch it later, thanks for sharing guys.

Speaking of Joey wang, I just remember a long time ago, I saw this movie she was in that I think she was murder and she is suppose to get reincarnated but she said she wanted revenge instead. I just remember it being really sad and in her next life, it kind of repeats. She gets rape and im not sure if the same guy murders her again...

Now that you mention city hunter, I just remember Jackie Chan being very hungry and everything he sees was food...

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    ah never heard of this movie, will definitely watch it later, thanks for sharing guys.

Speaking of Joey wang, I just remember a long time ago, I saw this movie she was in that I think she was murder and she is suppose to get reincarnated but she said she wanted revenge instead. I just remember it being really sad and in her next life, it kind of repeats. She gets rape and im not sure if the same guy murders her again...
    Ha! "Reincarnation of the Golden Lotus!"

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/3691005/600full-the-reincarnation-of-golden-lotus-artwork.jpg')
    Basically it is about Poon Gam Lin who got labelled a **** despite a tragic life. She was unhappy in how the world treated her and refused to drink the third cup of Forgetfulness Wine which obliterates the memories of ones past life in preparation for reincarnation. So she reincarnates into China around the Cultural Revolution with some memories of her past life.

Basically, she is still a victim of circumstance as she goes through what she went through as Poon Gam Lin, being raped by an authoritative figure then accused as a ****, married am ugly guy for survival, fell in love with a guy who did not return her feelings and had a purely sexual affair with another guy. And you are right, it was exactly the same people from her previous life, reincarnated with her and leading down the same path.

There is a slight twist at the end, but nearly everything ends as it did and without or without her memories, Poon Gam Lin is powerless against her fate. Sad movie but also very intellectually stimulating. What is the point of trying if everything is decided in the first place? How many movies did Joey Wang do paired up with Wilson Lam? And just how any times did Pal Sinn play Sai Moon Hing?
    Last edited by charbydis; 07-11-15 at 10:26 AM.
    Cyril Connolly

Now that you mention city hunter, I just remember Jackie Chan being very hungry and everything he sees was food...
    Didn't he try to bite some lady on the thigh thinking it was a drumstick? The plot was stupid but the action was very good.
    Cyril Connolly

what happens in the end? I just remember history repeated itself again. it was really sad, one of the movies I didn't really enjoy as much for its sad story. I did remember the guy she didn't love really loved her. I think she wanted to kill him.

as for city hunter, I just thought it was really funny and im a fan of chingmy yau =) and yeh I think he got so hungry he try to bite one of the ladies thinking it was a drumstick. I can't recall if veronica yip is in that movie. I'm also a fan of veronica yip. She was really funny in that black rose movie with carina lau.

The past life was Joey being a maid and being raped by her master. The master's wife caught them and he accused her if seducing her. The wife sold her to Eric Tsang who married her, but she loved his brother, Wilson, who refused her advances. She was then seduced by Pal and they killed Eric. Wilson kills them both to avenge his brother.

In the next life, Joey was a ballet dancer who was raped by her supervisor then was labelled a **** and demoted to a shoe factory. She met Wilson who she told she liked him but he didn't respond. She was sent away again and met Eric. She couldn't stand the labelling and the poverty so married Eric and moved to Hong Kong.

Wilson becomes her driver and he refused her. She then seduced and got seduced by Pal, who won't leave her alone. Eric collapsed after taking some sex meds with wine and Wilson thinks Joey and Pal killed him.

Wilson kills Pal and then chases Joey who sees the whole thing. Joey is freaking out because things are becoming the same as her past life and she believes Wilson wants to kill her. Wilson gets killed in the struggle with the car, but not before telling her that he did love her. Then joey crashed the car and died.

as for city hunter, I just thought it was really funny and im a fan of chingmy yau =) and yeh I think he got so hungry he try to bite one of the ladies thinking it was a drumstick. I can't recall if veronica yip is in that movie. I'm also a fan of veronica yip. She was really funny in that black rose movie with carina lau.
    It wasn't Veronica Yip. No idea who it was.

Back to City Hunter, I thought all of the fights were very well choreographed and resourceful except for the stupid one where they fought as Street Fighters. The girl fights are good as well. Chingmy and Joey looked really good even though they are not natural fighters.
    Cyril Connolly

The past life was Joey being a maid and being raped by her master. The master's wife caught them and he accused her if seducing her. The wife sold her to Eric Tsang who married her, but she loved his brother, Wilson, who refused her advances. She was then seduced by Pal and they killed Eric. Wilson kills them both to avenge his brother.

In the next life, Joey was a ballet dancer who was raped by her supervisor then was labelled a **** and demoted to a shoe factory. She met Wilson who she told she liked him but he didn't respond. She was sent away again and met Eric. She couldn't stand the labelling and the poverty so married Eric and moved to Hong Kong.

Wilson becomes her driver and he refused her. She then seduced and got seduced by Pal, who won't leave her alone. Eric collapsed after taking some sex meds with wine and Wilson thinks Joey and Pal killed him.

Wilson kills Pal and then chases Joey who sees the whole thing. Joey is freaking out because things are becoming the same as her past life and she believes Wilson wants to kill her. Wilson gets killed in the struggle with the car, but not before telling her that he did love her. Then joey crashed the car and died.
    Very sad, guess you really can't change fate. In her second life, I remember she loved Wilson, didn't she buy him a pair of shoes or something but people were just calling her **** and picked on her. He didn't help her at all....

It wasn't Veronica Yip. No idea who it was.

Back to City Hunter, I thought all of the fights were very well choreographed and resourceful except for the stupid one where they fought as Street Fighters. The girl fights are good as well. Chingmy and Joey looked really good even though they are not natural fighters.
    Yeh they were good. I thought it was pretty funny during the street fighter scenes. Have you seen super cops, I think that's what its called with Dicky Cheng, Aaron kwok, simon yam, andy hui, ekin, chingmy, etc, very long cast to list. Very funny, that one was really like street fighters. =)

Speaking of having a weird twist at the end, theres was this movie where its about a husband and wife who wanted to divorce or something and started to plot each other's murder by trying to make it look like an accident. They go to this resort together. The wife meets a guy there or they were already lovers. I don't remember the whole story but in the end, he wife and the lover kills the husband. They make it look like he died drunk driving and drove down the hill. They then went back to the room to celebrate by drinking wine and that is when they both died from poisoning. It appears that the husband had earlier snuck into the room and poisen the glass wines. So I thought that was pretty interesting... I guess they both accomplished their goal.

Speaking of having a weird twist at the end, theres was this movie where its about a husband and wife who wanted to divorce or something and started to plot each other's murder by trying to make it look like an accident. They go to this resort together. The wife meets a guy there or they were already lovers. I don't remember the whole story but in the end, he wife and the lover kills the husband. They make it look like he died drunk driving and drove down the hill. They then went back to the room to celebrate by drinking wine and that is when they both died from poisoning. It appears that the husband had earlier snuck into the room and poison the glass wines. So I thought that was pretty interesting... I guess they both accomplished their goal.
    Don't remember that. Any extra info?
    Cyril Connolly

sorry do not know, just saw it on tv once and wasn't able to catch the title and do not recall who stars in it.

Do you remember an old telemovie with Amy Kwok and Alex Fong? They were lovers in a past life but died in a deliberate fire. Then they met again in the present HK but their murder still lurks amongst them, trying to kill them again.
    Cyril Connolly

Do you remember an old telemovie with Amy Kwok and Alex Fong? They were lovers in a past life but died in a deliberate fire. Then they met again in the present HK but their murder still lurks amongst them, trying to kill them again.
    I remember this film, forgot what it was called though. I didn't think it was that good, Amy and Alex aren't the two most expressive people in the world. The storyline is pretty common, there was a Judge Pao case with the same storyline and the series with Maggie Cheung and Gallen Lo had a similar case. I thought the latter two did the job better. You should try checking it out.

There was an old movie with Chow Yun Fat and another actress called The Lovers are something with a similar plot line.

Did anyone catch this old horror movie starring Leanne Li in the late 70's where she slowly turns evil due to the horrid fate she had in her last life, her boyfriend of this life turns out to be her brother from the last.

From memory, she was sold by her parents at 4 years old because they were too poor and treasured her brother more, she was sold to a couple who killed her, chopped her up into pieces then sold her off as meat, she was cooked and sold to other people and her bones were thrown to the dogs. My memory is a bit fuzzy but I remember watching it and was shocked at how far one little body went.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    There was an old movie with Chow Yun Fat and another actress called The Lovers are something with a similar plot line.
    Is it with Brigitte Lin? I watched it but it was boring. But it was sad because it was about a couple who died in the Qin dynasty and finally found each other in moderns times, but had to part as their union caused Chow Yun Fat's GF to commit suicide. I think the message was that romantic love is not the most important thing in the world, and let the past be the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    Did anyone catch this old horror movie starring Leanne Li in the late 70's where she slowly turns evil due to the horrid fate she had in her last life, her boyfriend of this life turns out to be her brother from the last.

From memory, she was sold by her parents at 4 years old because they were too poor and treasured her brother more, she was sold to a couple who killed her, chopped her up into pieces then sold her off as meat, she was cooked and sold to other people and her bones were thrown to the dogs. My memory is a bit fuzzy but I remember watching it and was shocked at how far one little body went.
    Sorry, but who is Leanne Li? The first name that pops into my head is Wong Cho Nam's wife. Is it Lee See Kei?
    Cyril Connolly

What do you guys think of the movie rouge with Anita mui and leslie cheung? Always made me sad but a good classic movie.