Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Old movies

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Ya, it was a very unsatisfying end to a really cute relationship. Athena should never have had a chance to win Stephen's heart if Karen and Stephen hadn't been split apart for so long....
    I'm actually not sure why Stephen actually fell in love with Athena though. Because Stephen and Karen's love was so strong at the end of Part 1. In fact, Stephen would not have realised that he loved Athena has Karen not got into his heart the night before the wedding and they would have gotten married.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Do you guys remember the movie Rose Rose I love you (玫瑰玫瑰我爱你) with Carina Lau, Tony Leung, and Veronica Yip? I thought it was a really funny movie.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I'm actually not sure why Stephen actually fell in love with Athena though. Because Stephen and Karen's love was so strong at the end of Part 1. In fact, Stephen would not have realised that he loved Athena has Karen not got into his heart the night before the wedding and they would have gotten married.
    I felt the same way, as cute as Athena was I was all for Karen and when she walked away I was over the film and wanted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Do you guys remember the movie Rose Rose I love you (玫瑰玫瑰我爱你) with Carina Lau, Tony Leung, and Veronica Yip? I thought it was a really funny movie.
    I remember this film, I think, Tony acted like a 60's guy right?

Does anyone remember "The Eagle Shooting Heroes"? I thought it was funny, and the fact that almost the entire cast of "Ashes of Time" did this film too.

It was so random and had some good moments. The fight sequence on the roof was really well done.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    Does anyone remember "The Eagle Shooting Heroes"? I thought it was funny, and the fact that almost the entire cast of "Ashes of Time" did this film too.

It was so random and had some good moments. The fight sequence on the roof was really well done.
    And surprising, Wong Kai Wai did it which was very different from his usual work. I loved the Au Yeung Fung versus Hong 7 Gong fight which was hilarious! Especially with AYF's failed attempts to take his life which kept on backfiring! And it was great to hear a modern version of that old themesong by Jacky Cheung! And Tony Leung Kar Fai and his cross dressing!

I do. Simon Yam was in it right? But I preferred the funnier "92 La Legendary Rose Noire" with Fung Bo Bo and Wong Wan See who stole the show with their wacky acting. Maggie was so lost in there, being overshadowed by the veterans. Tony Leung and Teresa Mo stood out as well. Tong had the most memorable scene when he danced with cement on his hair and his haristyle would change with each shot.

Last edited by charbydis; 07-28-15 at 11:59 PM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

And surprising, Wong Kai Wai did it which was very different from his usual work. I loved the Au Yeung Fung versus Hong 7 Gong fight which was hilarious! Especially with AYF's failed attempts to take his life which kept on backfiring! And it was great to hear a modern version of that old themesong by Jacky Cheung! And Tony Leung Kar Fai and his cross dressing!

I do. Simon Yam was in it right? But I preferred the funnier "92 La Legendary Rose Noire" with Fung Bo Bo and Wong Wan See who stole the show with their wacky acting. Maggie was so lost in there, being overshadowed by the veterans. Tony Leung and Teresa Mo stood out as well. Tong had the most memorable scene when he danced with cement on his hair and his haristyle would change with each shot.

lol yes I remember, Tony was very funny. All the singing was funny too.

In rose rose I love you, Simon yam play the villain.

I thought Ashes of Time was sad but very good movie. I read somewhere that Eagle shooting hero was produce to pay for the budget for ashes of time and that's why most of the cast was the same. Not sure if that is true. But I really like Eagle shooting hero as well, very funny.

Do you guys remember Dragon Inn with Maggie cheung, Tony Leung, and Bridgette lin? Thought Maggie was funny. If I recall correctly, her restaurant killed people and use the meat?

Doesn't this bring back memories?

Cyril Connolly

Do you guys remember Dragon Inn with Maggie cheung, Tony Leung, and Bridgette lin? Thought Maggie was funny. If I recall correctly, her restaurant killed people and use the meat?
    Yes. It was a black inn. I also remember Donnie Yen being an awesome eunuch!
    Cyril Connolly

Yes. It was a black inn. I also remember Donnie Yen being an awesome eunuch!
    oh I saw it a long time ago, do not remember Donnie Yen played the eunuch. heheh Yes a black inn

do you guys remember mission of condor?
    http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/movie.asp?id=917

Did any of you watch the troublesome night movies? I thought some of them were pretty good and scary.

Did any of you watch the troublesome night movies? I thought some of them were pretty good and scary.
    I think the initial ones were good but then it got really repetitive.

Who remembers the "God of Gamblers" series and its spinoffs? One of the most successful series of movies made in HK. Chow Yun Fat was awesome as both the cool Ko Chun and the idiotic Chocolate. Gave me many laughs. And surprisingly, Charles Heung suited the stone-faced killer machine that Long Ng was. Great movie.
    Cyril Connolly

I think the initial ones were good but then it got really repetitive.

Who remembers the "God of Gamblers" series and its spinoffs? One of the most successful series of movies made in HK. Chow Yun Fat was awesome as both the cool Ko Chun and the idiotic Chocolate. Gave me many laughs. And surprisingly, Charles Heung suited the stone-faced killer machine that Long Ng was. Great movie.
    Some of the troublesome night series were good. I really like watching horror movies back then. I just Happen to come across it because I was watching this random ghost movie on tv about a ghost in the car. I forgot what its call but she was rape and then murder in the car by her brother in law or something or it could be the friends boyfriend. Law Lan is in the series too I think. Long time so do not remember.

As for god of gambler series, I really like it. Agree Chow yun fat was funny. I like Andy too. Charles Heung was funny too remember he said he never smiles because it looks ugly when he smiles. I thought Monica Chan looked really cool in the second one. I thought the third one, when they were singing and also the wanna be mc donalds were really funny.

Some of the troublesome night series were good. I really like watching horror movies back then. I just Happen to come across it because I was watching this random ghost movie on tv about a ghost in the car. I forgot what its call but she was rape and then murder in the car by her brother in law or something or it could be the friends boyfriend. Law Lan is in the series too I think. Long time so do not remember.
    can't remember. I remember the one where Fennie Yuen works as a mortician and then killed herself. And there was one where Louis and friends went to the Philippines. And there was one where Louis was cursed due to his father.

As for god of gambler series, I really like it. Agree Chow yun fat was funny. I like Andy too. Charles Heung was funny too remember he said he never smiles because it looks ugly when he smiles. I thought Monica Chan looked really cool in the second one. I thought the third one, when they were singing and also the wanna be mc donalds were really funny.
    Have you watched the one with Chow Yun Fat and Tony Leung Kar Fai? It had a very creepy sadistic villain but lots of laughs along the way. It is the one with Chingmy.
    Cyril Connolly

no have not, I will look for it.

As for troublesome night I do remember Louis being in like the first five or six movies. Sometimes the characters play different roles. I think there was one with Yammie lam. I never saw all of the movies.

Hey Nan Ling you know what's more scaring than the Troublesome Night's series? The doll in your siggy.

I watched about 4 of the Troublesome Nights and found none entertaining. Tried watching a lot of the Hong Kong old horror but still none were 'scary' so I moved on to Japanese horror and found some at least passable. None gave me nightmares but one or two made me leave a small light on...just in case.

Here's a cat 3 one, did anyone catch the Rape by an Angel series? At first I thought it was softcore x rated stuff, and sometimes it is, but some of the then had a proper theme, like the one where Gigi Lai was the doctor, it was about them getting over being raped.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Here's a cat 3 one, did anyone catch the Rape by an Angel series? At first I thought it was softcore x rated stuff, and sometimes it is, but some of the then had a proper theme, like the one where Gigi Lai was the doctor, it was about them getting over being raped.
    I thought the first one with Chingmy and Mark had a solid story with good acting. Part 2 onwards was plain exploitation with stupid plots. Worst was Part 3 with Alex Fong Chung Shun, Angie and Kenix.
    Cyril Connolly

Hey Nan Ling you know what's more scaring than the Troublesome Night's series? The doll in your siggy.

I watched about 4 of the Troublesome Nights and found none entertaining. Tried watching a lot of the Hong Kong old horror but still none were 'scary' so I moved on to Japanese horror and found some at least passable. None gave me nightmares but one or two made me leave a small light on...just in case.

Your very brave =) I haven't watch that many Japanese horror movies. I don't think troublesome night series were extremely scary but some were good. At the time when I saw the one were Louis character made promises to the dead at his haunted apartment, I found it scary because I used to have strange things happening at my own apartment.

hmmm... never seen the rape by an angel series

I re-watched Life Gamble (1979) last night. First time was eons ago in English dub and missing the first 5 minutes. Much more proper this time.

As usual, Lo Mang is pure sex.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/syuZ9mbES1e0O2E0iMX5NtqP7rb9NUgWw6bCFjBhWMps=w1258-h571-no')
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Don't really see it I'm afraid PJ.

But I did find Gordon Lui really cute in all his movies. Even if he was a monk in 36 Chambers.

Going back even older now...did anyone watch The One Armed Swordsman? David Chiang and Ti Lung were devine.

The one with Ti Lung and David is the New One-Armed Swordsman (1971). There's a famous scene where they excitedly talk about retiring to a farm together, almost holding hands, while one of their wives stands unnoticed. It's great
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」