Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Old movies

Which tony leung was the "big" one?

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I actually don't know. But there is a school hostage scene in inspector wears skirts 4 where sandra ng's son get held hostage and the female fighters have to go in and kill all the baddies. There was a great kick fight with moon lee and Cynthia khan.
    For some reason, I don't recall this scene in the inspector wears skirt series, and this was probably my favorite series of of film of all time.

For those who enjoys these type of light comedic films, Devil's Vendetta is one of my favorite. Sharla Cheung and Vivian Chow is absolutely gorgeous in here and this film is hilarious.

I actually don't know. But there is a school hostage scene in inspector wears skirts 4 where sandra ng's son get held hostage and the female fighters have to go in and kill all the baddies. There was a great kick fight with moon lee and Cynthia khan.
    The more I think about it, I don't ever recall sandra having a family. It has to be with the fat guy right? This must be after they finished training and I've never gotten that far.

After watching this, I realize this is the movie I was asking about. What is Cynthia Khan up to now a days?
    I thought all the Inspector wears skirt movies were pretty good and funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    After watching this, I realize this is the movie I was asking about. What is Cynthia Khan up to now a days?
    I thought all the Inspector wears skirt movies were pretty good and funny.
    Cynthia Khan is in China doing some series. But I am not sure if she had some work done to her face. It looks quite botoxed.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted View Post
    The more I think about it, I don't ever recall sandra having a family. It has to be with the fat guy right? This must be after they finished training and I've never gotten that far.
    It was mentioned in passing, but she nearly did get married with Lau Nan Kwong, but he ditched her and married someone else. And she married someone else as well. But she was already divorced in part 4 with a son. While Lau Nam Kwong was still with hid wife, he and Sandra still carried with their bickering.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Banned

Old movies. lol.

Stuff I thought was great as a kid, when I rewatch them now, leads me to frown more than smile.

Very well, since we're talking about old movies, some oldies I thought still worth watching today:

Supergirl (1984)

The Matrix (1999)

That's about it.

Shanghai 13 is still awesome. Andy Lau is better than I remembered (still one of the worst in the movie [understandably], but not as dreadful as I remembered).
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Cynthia Khan is in China doing some series. But I am not sure if she had some work done to her face. It looks quite botoxed.
    I saw an interview where she said she did not get plastic surgery done. I do like a lot of her old series.

I just recently watch an old film with Chingmy yau and Tony Leung/big tony. Forgot the english name of the movie is it ghost latern or something. Very sad film, chingmy's skin was use to make a latern.

Also saw family honor with Joey Wang, sad ending. Seems like the bad guys always win or hurt everyone before they eventually get killed or jailed. First time seeing Michael Miu play a role where he was such a big jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I just recently watch an old film with Chingmy yau and Tony Leung/big tony. Forgot the english name of the movie is it ghost latern or something. Very sad film, chingmy's skin was use to make a latern.
    You can the bits TVB blatantly plagiarized from them to make "Time Before Time". Very sad but entertaining movie.
    Cyril Connolly

You can the bits TVB blatantly plagiarized from them to make "Time Before Time". Very sad but entertaining movie.
    I never saw time before time, I thought maybe it was copying a chinese ghost story. Reading the summary, it does somewhat sound like the ghost latern movie.

Does anyone recall an old wuxia movie about a girl who was raised by wolves? Her parents die at the start and she's just a baby who is raised wild. She later meets the hero and together they attack the evil clan and finally kill the main villain, but the heroine's hair turns white in the process. The only other detail I recall is that the villain had a beautiful henchwoman who used all kinds of poisonous creatures as weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Does anyone recall an old wuxia movie about a girl who was raised by wolves? Her parents die at the start and she's just a baby who is raised wild. She later meets the hero and together they attack the evil clan and finally kill the main villain, but the heroine's hair turns white in the process. The only other detail I recall is that the villain had a beautiful henchwoman who used all kinds of poisonous creatures as weapons.
    It kind of reminds me of Bride with White hair. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bride_with_White_Hair
    I remember seeing it a long time ago, Brigette Lin was raise by wolves. I think the villain had a big clan, I cannot remember if they control the people, but I do remember poison or some kind of spells were involve in the clan. Not really sure, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    was there a pair of siamese twins?
    Cyril Connolly