Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone, I am from China's online writers. Some words want to say

Default Hello everyone, I am from China's online writers. Some words want to say

我是来自中国的一个网络作家,在这个论坛上无意看到竟然有这么多的中国网络小说。
    我感到不可思议,心中狂呼:“我的天啊,这不可能吧!外国人竟然在看中国的网络小说。”
    这让我感到世界是融合的,正如同科学没有国界一般。小说也是没有国界。
    是的小说没有国界,我也同时在看着外国的小说。
    外国小说,我比较喜欢的就是《冰与火之歌》,它在我们中国也比较流行。
    我发着篇帖子的原因,是因为前不久在reddit看到了一篇言论,是几个同样来自的中国的人写 的。
    从他们的中交谈中,我知道他们是来自龙空。
    龙空是中国一个很大的小说评论论坛,论坛中是一些关于中国网络小说的评论,以及书的推荐。
    我对这个论坛没有什么偏见,但其中的一部分人却让我非常反感。
    在我们中国网络小说界有公认的五大至高作家,也叫中原五白。他们简称辰机唐红豆,名字以及代表作分别为辰东 (遮天)梦入神机(永生)唐家三少(斗罗大陆)我吃西红柿(盘龙)天蚕土豆(斗破苍穹)
    但他们的小说在龙空却被评为毒草,垃圾小说。所以龙空的一下言论是不准确的,他们在整个中国读者中所占的比 例不到百分之一,评价书都是高高在上,不是这本书垃圾,就是那本书垃圾,满嘴的毒舌。他们喜欢贬低主流的东 西,来显示自己的与众不同。
    我发这个贴的意图就是想告诉喜欢中国网络小说的大家,如果有从龙空来说盘龙垃圾,斗罗大陆垃圾,不要在意, 忽略掉他们,他们占中国读者百分之一都不到。
    还有一件事,那就是翻译的问题,一般来说作者是不会在意的版权问题的,因为我们连自己国内的盗版问题都解决 不了。更何况像我吃西红柿那样的作家,电子版小说的稿费对他来说已经可有可无,他们更看重的是人气,也就是 看得人越多越好。像是唐家三少,他已经想要尝试免费阅读,也是说他写的小说不收费,向所有人开 放阅读。
    因为英语太渣,下是谷歌翻译:
    Because English too residue, under a Google translation:
    I made the posts of the reason is because recently saw an article in reddit speech, several people from the same Chinese written.
    From them in conversation, I know they are from Long empty.
    Dragon Air is a great Chinese novels comment forums, forums are a few comments about the Chinese Internet novel, and recommended books.
    I have no prejudices in this forum, but some of them who made me very objectionable.
    In our Chinese Internet novel community has recognized the five supreme writer, also known as the Central Plains five white. They referred to Chen Tang beans machine name and representative were Chen Dong (shrouded) dream ecstatic machine (eternal life) three little Tang (Douro mainland) I eat tomatoes (dragon) Unending potatoes (fighting broke sky)
    But in the long empty their novels was as poisonous weeds, trash novels. So Long empty rhetoric about is not accurate, their share in total Chinese readers for less than one percent, evaluate books are superior, not trash this book is the book of garbage, a mouthful of poison tongue. They like to belittle mainstream thing, to show their difference.
    I made stickers like the intent is to tell you Chinese Internet novel, if there is garbage dragon, Douro mainland garbage, do not care for the Long empty, ignore them, they account for less than one percent of Chinese readers .
    One more thing, and that is the translation of the problem, in general, the author is not concerned about copyright issues, because we do not even own country can not solve the piracy problem. Moreover, as I like to eat tomatoes writers, royalties electronic version of the novel has an option for him, they pay more attention to popular, that is, people see better. Like Tang three little, he had wanted to try the free reading, but also said that he wrote the novel of charge, open to all to read.

Could anyone translate it please,
    MTL making me confused, n i am afraid i misinterpret the meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by onjune View Post
    I'm king of busy at the moment, but I'll try to do it later tonight if I can...
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

Can I try, I think my Chinese have been improve recently, sadly for my English, there is not. Basically, this what he says.
    I am from China’s online writer. I accidentally found that this forum have so many China web novels. I felt unbelievable. I felt like “OMG, can it b possible, foreign people read Chinese web novels.” This world is truly world without barrier, like science is universal, novel is too. Novel is truly without barrier, even I read foreign novel. Foreign novel that I like is <Song of Fire & Ice>, its’ popular in my country.
    I made the posts for the reason that is because recently saw an article in Reddit, several people from the same country writes it.
    From their in conversation, I know they are from Long Kong.
    Long Kong is one of the China big forum. Inside the forum, discussion regards to China web novels and book recommendations.

I have no prejudices towards this forum, but some of them made me very dislike.
    In our Chinese Internet novel community has recognized the five supreme writer, also known as The Five. They were nicked Red Beans (Chen Ji Tang Hong Dou). Their respective names are Chen Dong (Shrouded) Meng Ru Shen Ji (Eternal Life) Tangjia Sanshao (DouLuo DaLu), IET (Pan Long), Unending potatoes (Battle Through the Heavens).

But in the Long Kong these novels were brand poisonous weeds, trash novels. But Long Kong forum view is not accurate. Their share in total Chinese readers far less than one percent. The way they evaluate books are too superior, if this book are not thrash, then the other is, they are just a mouthful of poisonous tongue. They like to belittle mainstream views on things, to show their different view with other people.

I made this post with the intent to tell these group of people who comes to love Chinese web novel, if there is people from Long Kong forum comes here and says Douluo Dalu garbage, do not cares for them, ignore them, they account for less than one percent of Chinese readers .

One more thing, on the issues of translation, in general, the author is not concerned about copyright issues, because even own country cannot solve the piracy problem. Let alone a person like I like to eat tomatoes (IET) writers, electronic royalties for the novel is sometimes there, sometimes none (direct trl: not essential), authors focus more attention on popularity, that is, the more people likes it the better it is. Like Tangjia Sanshao (author of Douluo Dalu), he had wanted to try free reading, it means the novel he wrote will be free of charge, open to all to read.
    I think he must refers to what happens in RWX trl on few comments in Chinese forum not too long ago.

And then deathblade comment says that if the author want his help, he can help in relying the author expression better in English.

Please pardon me if its not good and too crude.

When i read about OverLord Ren's post and comments in wuxia world, one quote often echoed in mind are the words from Ego from the movie Ratatouille. His words are as follows

" In many ways the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little,yet enjoy a position over those and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face is that in the grand scheme of things,the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends. "
    Har Har Mahadev
    [every one is capable of being a Mahadev (Great God) with the right actions. As God resides every person]
    -TheLordSiva

So, what is the thread stater's suggestions? I am a bit confused though I must admit my Chinese is weak. Is he/she suggesting:
    1. Avoid translating of certain authors' work?
    2. Avoid going to the other forum?
    3. Avoid criticising others' translations?

Please enlighten.

If you have read the RWX's post about some Chinese people ridiculing us for reading translated novels like Coiling Dragon, BTTH etc. because in their view these novels are trash novels which doesn't represent their culture correctly or the authors writing skills are trash or they say nobody reads these novels even in their country.
    If you have read then you should remember the uproar caused by that post and some not so positive replies to that post from our side...

Now the post maker clarified that the post which were reported were from the forum called 'Long Kong' which only amount to meagre 1% market of Chinese novel readers. Basically that forum consists of what we call 'Flamers' whom views are generally different from the populace mainstream, they take glory in ridiculing others and think they have superior tastes....

The post maker want us to don't pay any attention to these 'Long Kong'ians and he says he appreciates us giving some time to the novels of thier country....

Quote Originally Posted by DarK_LeGAcY View Post
    If you have read the RWX's post about some Chinese people ridiculing us for reading translated novels like Coiling Dragon, BTTH etc. because in their view these novels are trash novels which doesn't represent their culture correctly or the authors writing skills are trash or they say nobody reads these novels even in their country.
    If you have read then you should remember the uproar caused by that post and some not so positive replies to that post from our side...

Now the post maker clarified that the post which were reported were from the forum called 'Long Kong' which only amount to meagre 1% market of Chinese novel readers. Basically that forum consists of what we call 'Flamers' whom views are generally different from the populace mainstream, they take glory in ridiculing others and think they have superior tastes....

The post maker want us to don't pay any attention to these 'Long Kong'ians and he says he appreciates us giving some time to the novels of thier country....
    Thanks for the clarification. Appreciated.
    Do these Long Kongians come to this forum to make noise?

No, after the increase in views from China on wuxiaworld.com (RWX's site) Ren got curious and decided to check what this was all about so after some research he found that some Chinese people found about him translating CD and other novels on 'wuxiaworld', now to check about their opinions on his work he decided to check on some forums which unluckily happened to be 'Long Kong' and read their ridiculing comments which he in a moment of insanity and for some kicks decided to translate and post on wuxiaworld....
    while some people took those comments (some of them were racist and almost everyone of them was demeaning) as jokes to laugh, many of us didn't appreciate someone ridiculing our tastes and calling us modern monkeys....

Now the current post author is telling us whatever I wrote in my previous comment and no, he isn't from 'Long Kong'....

Quote Originally Posted by onjune View Post
    感谢各位的翻译,对于龙空论坛中的不尊重言论,我替他们道歉。我感觉真是丢脸。
    如果有哪位外国朋友想了解中国网络文学的问题,可以在这里下面提问,有时间的话我会回复。谢谢 !

Quote Originally Posted by 中国网络写手 View Post
    I try to translate it:

Thank you everyone for the translation. Regarding the improper arguments/expression in the Long Kong forum, in their place I would like to apologize. It was really an embarrassment for us.

If any of the foreigner friends would like to understand more about the Chinese web literature, just write down below here. When I have the time, I will surely respond. Thank you.
    Please visit my site: Lingson Translation (Currently translating "Virtual World: The Legendary Thief", "Assassin Landlord & Beauty Tenants" and proofreading "I Shall Seal The Heaven")

Here's the translation:

I'm a Chinese webnovelist, and accidentally saw that on this website, there were actually so many Chinese webnovels. I felt that this was incredible; in my heart, I wildly screamed, "Good heavens! This is impossible! Foreigners actually are reading Chinese webnovels."

This made me feel that the world is one place. Just like how science has no borders, novels also have no borders.

Right. Novels have no borders, and I, too, also like to read foreign novels. Amongst them, I rather like <A Song of Ice and Fire>, and it is fairly popular in China.

The reason I'm making this post is because not long ago, on Reddit, I saw an essay, made from someone who also came from China. From the discussion, I learned that they came from Dragonspace.

Dragonspace is a very large novel evaluation forum in China, and it has some evaluations regarding Chinese webnovels as well as book evaluations. I don't have much prejudice against this forum, but part of the people within make me feel very disgusted.

In our Chinese webnovel world, there are a total of five publicly acknowledged Five Supreme Authors, also known as "China's Five". They are abbreviated as being 'Chen Ji Tang Hong Dou', which stand for the names of the authors, Chen Dong ('Covering the Sky'), Meng Ru Shen Ji ('Eternal Life'), Tang Jia San Shao ('Douluo Dalu'), Wo Chi Xi Hong Shi ('Coiling Dragon'), and Tian Can Tu Dou ('Dou Po Cang Qiong').

However, their novels are evaluated by Dragonspace as being 'poisonous weeds', as being 'trash novels'. Thus, understand that the evaluations in Dragonspace are incorrect. They represent less than 1% of China's readership. When evaluating, these critics are always so lofty and up high; they always say this book is trash or that book is trash, their mouths filled with venom. They love to demean popular books, so as to show how different and special they are.

The reason I'm posting this is because I want to tell all of you who also love Chinese webnovels that if there are people who come from Dragonspace who say that Coiling Dragon is trash, that Douluo Dali is trash, don't mind them, just ignore them. They are less than 1% of China's readership.

One more thing. The question of translation. Generally speaking, authors don't care about copyright issues, because we aren't even able to resolve the problems in our own country with respect to counterfeits. What's more, for authors like I Eat Tomatoes, ebook fees to them are already no longer very important. What they care more about is popularity, which is to say, that their readers become more and more numerous. For Tang Jia San Shao, he has already wanted to test making his novels available for free, which is to say not charge any fees for thsoe who read. He wants to allow everyone to read freely.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by 中国网络写手 View Post
    道友,欢迎你有空来武侠世界溜达溜达!www.wuxiaworld.com xD
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    道友,欢迎你有空来武侠世界溜达溜达!www.wuxiaworld.com xD
    道友?!!!你的中文真好,看到你的称呼我还以为是在国内呢!莫名有一种亲切感。
    谢谢你的链接,你们的评论我都仔细的阅读了,不过用的是谷歌翻译,请原谅我英文太差。
    哭死,英语太难学了,学校里英语考试我总是不及格。
    接下来我回答一些朋友,哦,不!是道友的问题。
    哈哈哈……我真高兴!
    不过是在这里回答,因为我弄了半天还是不懂怎么在wuxiaworld发帖。
    在此麻烦这位道友翻译和搬运过去了,谢谢!
    第一个:
    bludflag
      在中国有多少人读小说吗?有多少人阅读网络小说吗?有多少人读过指定的小说吗?当然,对于最后一个答案 是最多的,但是前面的问题击中了很多人。地狱,我班里的大多数人恨阅读书籍。
    回答:多,有很多中国人读网络小说。以下是来自网络的一些数据:
    2010年,我国18周岁~70周岁国民中,有23.0%的人有过手机阅读的经历,比2009年增加8.1 个百分点;3.9%的人在电子阅读器上阅读,比2009年增加2.6个百分点;18.1%的国民使用过网络 阅读,比2009年增加1.4个百分点。
    在中国读网络小说的年龄分布很广,上至七十多岁的老人,下至十二岁的学生,至于十二岁以下,恐怕他们看不懂 。
    阅读网络文学的人群也文化水平有较高,一下是摘自网络的数据:
    在中国网络文学小说用户中,大学本科和专科学历人群已成为核心群体,分别占45.7%和30.0%,硕士及 以上学历者占6.8%,高中(中专)及以下学历者共占17.5%。
    有多少人读过指定的小说吗?
    这句话是什么意思,谷歌翻译有点儿看不懂。抱歉了。
    讨厌阅读,真不可思议,阅读不应该是一个快乐吗?
    我们政府已经在强调全民阅读,套用上海世博会说的那句话。阅读,让生活更美好。
    第二个:
    wizardrivebise
      如果他们真的不介意免费共享他们的作品,然后:尊重。认真,尊重。也许这是一个文化的东西,西方人应该 从东方?在我的印象中俄罗斯作家(或至少瓦西里mahanenko)也分享了他对他的网站免费工作。这将是 伟大的如果流行的西方作家也希望有助于社会自由= P。
    回答:是的,我们不介意你们的翻译。甚至你们的翻译,反而让我们感到开心。
    因为你们的翻译,让世界上有更多人参与到网络小说这个圈子里来,网络文学要变得越来越繁荣。
    网络文学,之所以要加上网络两个字,那时因为它像网络一样开放,注重分享。它不仅仅是中国的,而是全世界的 。
    比起那些稿费,我们在意的是你们的思想,新的思想。
    说实话,当今中国网络小说已经陷入了一个瓶颈期,套路化严重,新的小说流派诞生缓慢。
    或许就是这位wizardrivebise道友,亦或是在阅读这篇帖子的各位,你们写一本小说,或许就是帮 助网络小说突破瓶颈,迎来一个更为辉煌的时代。我们中国人有着相似的文化背景,思维方式大致相同,因此求变 求新变得很难。
    而你不同,你们生活的文化背景与我们大大不同,思维方式自然也就不同,我们很难想到的创意,或许你们简简单 单就能得到。
    正如同我一位朋友,在得知有外国朋友阅读网络小说时。他的第一个反应是惊讶,然后竟接着说:“真期待,外国 能诞生什么新的网络小说流派。”
    我们第一时间在意的根本不是稿费问题,而是期待有什么新的小说诞生。
    所以,如果你们真的想对网络小说有所回报的话,那么拿起你的笔,或是敲打你的键盘,写一本小说就是对我们最 好的回报。
    第三个:
     kokuoumunashii
      kokuoumunashii

2015年6月26日下午6:08
    陈东('covering天空),孟茹沈吉('eternal生活),唐家三少('douluo大路”), 我吃西红市('coiling龙),和田可以涂斗('battle通过天堂”)。

所以我们得到了五的最高者3 / 5,加上其他两个什么计划?

回答:补充说明中原五白,辰东,梦入神机,唐家三少,唐家三少,我吃西红柿,天蚕土豆。取他们五个人名字中 汉字的一个字,拼起来就是辰机唐红豆,是我们公认的五位至高神(作家)
    为什么叫做神呢?不仅仅是因为酷那么简单。从某种意义上是一个比喻。
    神是什么?
    在我们的定义中,神就是一种存在,他需要人们的信仰,如果没有人信仰,那么他们就会熄灭自己的神火,跌下神 坛。
    在运用的作者身上,一个优秀的作者,写下一本优秀的作品,读者阅读了作品,并认同了这部作品,成为作者的粉 丝。我们就认为作者是获得了粉丝的信仰,当粉丝多到一定程度,那么这个作者在我们看来是进入了下一个阶段。 收集足够多的信仰,点燃自己的神火,凝聚自己的神格,彻底踏上神坛。
    我们所说的五大至高神(作家)就是在这些神(作家)中拥有最多信仰(粉丝)的人。
    五位至高神之中,也有高低之分,排名第一个是唐家三少,他是公认的网文之王。
    而梦入神机垫底,他近期的作品越来越差,粉丝越来越不满。
    真如同前面所说的,神是需要信仰的,如果没了粉丝的信仰,那么他们就会熄灭自己的神火,跌下神 坛。
    从此五大至高神变为四大至高神。
    说了这么多,还是没有回答这位道友的一句话,真是抱歉。
    编辑了,编辑了,看到论坛中连仙逆都翻译出来了,和我想象中的完全不一样,我还以为中国古典的东方玄幻类翻 译起来会很难呢。
    没想到,你们太厉害了,竟然早就有翻译了。
    嗯,辰东的《遮天》和梦入神机的《永生》确实是经典中的经典。值得翻译。
    同时推荐一些西幻类的小说。
    如我吃西红柿《盘龙》《星辰变》,唐家三少的《狂神》《善良的死神》《琴帝》《神印王座》《斗罗大陆》《斗 罗大陆二——绝世唐门》。
    滚开的《巫师世界》这本是我要极力推荐的,书中向我们描述了一个叫巫师的神秘群体。他们冰冷残酷,遵循的弱 肉强食的丛林法则。但他们渴望宇宙真理,渴望知识,甚至为了探索世界不惜牺牲一切。这个巫师世界充满了奇幻 的事物,同样充满了诡异可怕的场景。在我看这封本书时,时不时觉得后背凉嗖嗖的。
    还有这本爱潜水的乌贼的《奥术神座》,里面充分体现了知识即是力量的观点,认为魔法不是科学的同学,看过这 本书后绝对会重塑你的三观。
    后面两本是是我最喜欢的,算是夹带点私货吧。
    Last edited by 中国网络写手; 06-27-15 at 11:41 AM.

Translation ren?

For anyone too lazy to ask Dr.Google (It's pretty easy to guess what he wants to tell us):

Ren:
    Fellow, you are welcome to stroll free to martial arts world!

中国网络写手:
    Fellow? ! ! ! Your Chinese nice to see your call I thought it was at home too! There is a sense of intimacy.
    Thank you for the link, your comment I have carefully read, but using Google translate, please forgive my English is poor.
    Kusi, too difficult to learn English, school English exam I always fail.
    Then I answered some of my friends, oh no! He is a fellow of the issue.
    Ha ha ha ...... I'm so glad!
    But here is the answer, because I still do not know how to get a long time in wuxiaworld posting.
    In this trouble this fellow translators and handling have passed, thank you!
    First:
    bludflag
    How many people in China read novel? How many people read the Internet novel? How many people have read the specified novel? Of course, the answer to the last one is the largest, but hit the front of the problem for many people. Hell, most of the people I hate the class read a book.
    Answer: more, there are a lot of Chinese people read the novel network. Here are some data from the network:
    In 2010, China 18 to 70 years of age nationals, 23.0% of people had mobile reading experience, increased 8.1 percentage points compared with 2009; 3.9% of people read on e-reader, an increase of 2.6 percentage points compared with 2009 ; 18.1% of the national network used to read, an increase of 1.4 percentage points compared with 2009.
    Read the novel network in China is very wide age distribution, the seven-ten years old, under 12 years old student, as twelve years of age, I'm afraid they do not understand.
    Reading network literature and cultural level of the population also have a higher, what is the data taken from the network:
    Fiction in Chinese Internet users, college and college-educated people have become the core group, 45.7% and 30.0%, respectively, master's degree or above accounted for 6.8% of high school (secondary school) and the following qualifications, accounted for 17.5%.
    How many people have read the specified novel?
    What does it mean Google Translation little read. Sorry.
    Hate reading, really incredible, reading should not be a happy?
    Our government has stressed that national reading, apply the Shanghai World Expo and say. Reading, Better Life.
    The second:
    wizardrivebise
    If they really do not mind sharing their work for free, then: respect. Serious respect. Perhaps this is a cultural thing, Westerners should be from the East? In my mind, Russian writer (or at least Vasily mahanenko) also shared his work on his website for free. It would be great if the popular Western writers also want to contribute to social freedom = P.
    Answer: Yes, we do not mind your translation. Even your translation, but let us feel happy.
    Because of your translation, so there are more people to participate in the network novel the circle to the world, the network literature to become more prosperous.
    Network literature, the reason for adding the word network, because it was as open as the Internet, pay attention to share. It is not only China, but all over the world.
    Compared to those who paid for them, we care about is your thoughts, new ideas.
    To be honest, today's Chinese Internet novel has been caught in a bottleneck, routine serious, slow birth of a new genre of fiction.
    Perhaps this wizardrivebise fellow, also, or you read this post, you write a novel, perhaps helping to break the bottleneck of the network novel, usher in a more glorious era. We Chinese have a similar cultural background, thinking much the same way, and therefore becomes difficult to change and novelty.
    And you're different, you live cultures very different from our way of thinking naturally different, it is difficult to think of ideas, perhaps you simply can get.
    Just as I have a friend at the time that foreign friends to read novel network. His first reaction was surprise, then actually went on to say:. "Really looking forward to the birth of any new foreign energy network fiction genre"
    Royalties issue is not the first time that we care about, but look forward to what the new novel was born.
    So, if you really want something in return for the Internet novel, then pick up your pen, or tap your keyboard, writing a novel is our best return.
    The third:
    kokuoumunashii
    kokuoumunashii

June 26, 2015 6:08 PM
    Chen Dong ('covering the sky), Ru Meng Shen Ji (' eternal life), Tang three little ('douluo road "), I eat Western Red City (' coiling dragon), Wada can be coated with bucket ('battle through heaven").

So we got five of the highest 3/5, plus any other two plans?

Answer: Supplement five White Plains, Chen Dong, ecstatic dream machine, Tang three little, Tang three little, I eat tomatoes, Unending potatoes. Take five of them in the name of a word of Chinese characters, put together machine that Chen Tang red beans, we are recognized as the supreme god of five (writer)
    Why do we call God? Not only because of the cool that simple. In a sense a metaphor.
    What is God?
    In our definition, God is a kind of existence, he needs people of faith, if no one religion, then they will extinguish their holy fire, fall altar.
    On the use of the body, a good writer, wrote an excellent work, readers of the work, and recognition of this work, become a fan of the author. We believe that the author is a fan of the faith received, when many fans to a certain extent, this author seems to us to enter the next stage. Collect enough faith, lit his surefire unite his godhead, completely set foot on the altar.
    We are talking about the five most high God (writer) is to have the most faith in the gods (writer) (the fans) people.
    Among the five supreme god, there are high and low points, ranking first is the three little Tang, he is recognized as the king of network packets.
    The dream ecstatic machine bottom, his recent works is getting worse, more and more dissatisfied fans.
    I really like the previously mentioned, is the need for faith in God, if not a fan of faith, then they will extinguish their holy fire, fall altar.
    Since then, four of the five most high God becomes the supreme god.
    Having said that, or did not answer this fellow's words, I'm sorry.
    Edited, edited, see the forum even Sin against are translated out, and I imagine completely different, I thought class Chinese classical oriental fantasy translate it will be difficult to do.
    Unexpectedly, you are too much, actually already have translated.
    Ah, Chen Dong's "shrouded" and ecstatic dream machine "eternal life" is indeed a classic of classics. Translation worth.
    At the same time recommend some Western magic class novel.
    As I eat tomatoes "dragon," "Citizen Change", Tang three little "mad god" "good death", "Emperor Qin" "God Indian Throne" "Douro mainland" "Douro mainland two - peerless Tangmen" .
    Get out of the "Wizarding World" This is what I want to highly recommend the book described to us a mysterious group called witches. They cold cruelty, follow the law of the jungle. But they are eager to universal truth, thirst for knowledge, and even willing to sacrifice everything in order to explore the world. The wizarding world is full of magical things, equally full of strange terrible scene. I look to this book, occasionally think back cold wind.
    Also this love diving squid "Arcane seat of God", which fully reflects the knowledge that is the point of view of strength, that the magic is not science students, read this book three will definitely reshape your outlook.
    Yes behind two of my favorite, be it entrainment point contraband.
    Last edited by Kylar; 06-28-15 at 09:21 AM.
    Let's challenge the way of heaven!

Check out this webgame:
    Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG

Hey all. I'm a lurker over at Ren's WXW and thought I'd pop by and try out some translating. First time. Be gentle. =p
    ============

Fellow scholar?!!! Your chinese is very good! When I read your greeting, I even thought I was in China! Gave me a strange sense of familiarity and intimacy.

Thank you for the link. I've carefully read through your various comments, though I had to do so with google translate as my English is really quite bad.
    Makes me want to cry! English is really too difficult! I always fail English in school.

Now, I would like to give a response to some of the questions posed by my friends... No! I mean, questions posed by my fellow scholars!
    Hahaha! That really makes me happy!

However, I will have to give my replies here in this forum as I spent half a day trying to register at wuxiaworld without much success.
    I'm afraid I'll have to trouble you, my dear fellow scholar, to translate my replies, and move them over. Thanks!

====================
    First Questions from bludflag:
    How many people in China read novels? How many of them read web novels? How many of them have read the specified novels? Granted, for the last one the answer is most, but still the preceding questions shot out a lot of people. Hell, most of the people in my class hate reading books.

====================
    My Response:
    Many. Many Chinese Nationals read web novels. Just going to give you some stats from the web:
    In 2010, out of all Chinese Nationals aged 18-70,
    23% of them read on their phones. That's 8.1% higher than in 2009.
    3.9% read on e-book readers. A 2.6% increase from 2009.
    18.1% have read on the web. A 1.4% increase from the figures in 2009.

Chinese Nationals who read web novels cover a very wide age range, from 70+ year old elderly folks, all the way down to 12 year old students.

The educational levels of those who read web novels also tend to be rather high. Some more stats below:
    Undergrads and College Graduates now make up the core group of web novel readers in China.
    Respectively, they make up 45.7% and 30.0% of readers.
    Those with Masters and above make up 6.8%, while those from high school and below make up 17.5%.

"How many of them have read the specified novels?"
    I could not quite make out what this sentence is asking as I am unable to tell what google translate is saying. Sorry.

Hate reading? That's unimaginable! Shouldn't reading be a joy?
    The Chinese government has been emphasising the importance of reading to the whole nation! Just to borrow a quote from the Shanghai World Expo: Reading makes life even more beautiful.

====================
    2nd Question: wizardrivebise
    if they really don’t mind sharing their works for free, then : respect. Seriously, respect. Maybe it’s a cultural thing westerners should take from the Orient? I have the impression russian authors (or at least Vasily Mahanenko ) also shares his work for free on his website. It would be great if popular western authors would also wish to contribute to society freely =P.

====================
    My Response:
    Yup! We really are okay with you guys translating our work. In fact, it makes us happy!
    Because when you translate, that means that there will be more people who are able to have access to web novels, and this will help web literature flourish!
    The reason why web literature needs the word "web" is precisely because it is as open as the world wide web! It is for everyone to enjoy. Not just for China, but for the whole world!
    To us, what is important is not so much remuneration, but to hear your thoughts! New thoughts!
    Seriously speaking, web novels in China today are facing a sort of bottleneck, a slump. Everything is too routine and stereotyped and very few novels are trying to break into new genres.

Maybe you, wizardrivebise, or perhaps one of you reading this post; by writing your own web novel, you could be helping web literature to break past this bottleneck, and welcome in a new Golden Age!
    Us Chinese Nationals tend to come from very similar cultural background, so our way of thinking also tends to be rather similar, and new ideas tend to be hard to come by.
    Whereas you, you guys are from a very different cultural background from us. Your way of thinking would naturally also be different, and maybe what might be difficult and alien to us, might end up being very easy and natural for you!

In fact, a friend of mine, when he heard that foreigners were reading our web novels, his first reaction was surprise, but very quickly, he then said, "I'm really looking forward to the sort of new web novels these foreigners will bring with them."

Our first response was never about monetary remuneration, but about our hope and wish for new ideas, novels, genres.
    So, if you really would like to contribute back to the web novel community, then pick up your pen, or tap on your keyboard, and write us a web novel as thanks!

====================
    3rd Question: kokuoumunashii
    Chen Dong (‘Covering the Sky’), Meng Ru Shen Ji (‘Eternal Life’), Tang Jia San Shao (‘Douluo Dalu’), Wo Chi Xi Hong Shi (‘Coiling Dragon’), and Tian Can Tu Dou (‘Battle Through the Heavens’).

so we got 3/5 of the Five Supreme Authors, any plans on adding the other two?

====================
    My Response:
    Just to add on to our understanding of China's Five Whites.
    (trans: I believe there is word play here. One of Ancient China's most famous poets just happen to be Wu Bai, literally translated as Five White. So I think the Chinese community uses this to refer to their top 5 Web Novelists.)

Chen Dong (‘Covering the Sky’), Meng Ru Shen Ji (‘Eternal Life’), Tang Jia San Shao (‘Douluo Dalu’), Wo Chi Xi Hong Shi (‘Coiling Dragon’), and Tian Can Tu Dou (‘Battle Through the Heavens’). When we take a single character from each person's name, we come up with Chen Ji Tang Hong Dou, our publicly acknowledged 5 high gods (of Novelists).

Why do we call them "gods"? Not just because it sounds cool. In a way, it is a bit of an analogy.
    What is a "god"?

By our definition, a god is a presence that needs the belief of people. Without belief, our gods die out, and they are brushed off the pantheon of gods.
    So it is for an author. When an outstanding author writes an outstanding novel, and a reader reads this novel, enjoys it, and becomes a fan of the author, we then say that that author has earned the trust or belief of his fans. When the number of his fans grow to a certain stage, the author likewise grows in stature with the number of his fans. With enough "belief", the author lights the fires of his own divinity, establishes his own godhood, and officially enters the pantheon of gods.

Our Five highgods (of novelists) are precisely those whom, among the gods (of novelists) are those with the most "belief" (fans). Of course, even among these 5 highgods, there would be differences in standing.
    In first place is Tang Jia San Shao. He is the undisputed King of Web Literature.
    At the other end is Meng Ru Shen Ji taking the bottom spot. His recent works seem to be getting from bad to worse and his fans are increasingly unhappy about it.

As was mentioned, gods need belief. Without the belief of their fans, they will fall out of the pantheon of gods.
    And if so, then our five highgods will be reduced to only four highgods.

So finally, back to the question posed by our fellow scholar. Sorry for taking such a roundabout route before getting to this.
    Compiling... compiling... Based on the forum, I see that you guys have gone far beyond my own expectations. I thought it would be really difficult to translate classical eastern fantasy novels, but it seems that you guys did that long ago!

Yup, Chen Dong's 《遮天》<<Zhe Tian>> and Meng Ru Shen Ji's 《永生》<<Yong Sheng>> are indeed the best of the best. Definitely worth translating.

Let me also recommend a couple of novels closer to western fantasy.
    (I decided not to translate the novel names as I do not know what they are about and it is hard to translate without context.)
    Such as IET's 《盘龙》<<Pan Long>>, 《星辰变》<<Xing Cheng Bian>>
    Tang Jia San Shao's 《狂神》<<Kuang Shen>> (Mad god), 《善良的死神》<<Shan Liang de Shi Shen>>, 《琴帝》<<Qin Di>>, 《神印王座》<<Shen Ying Wang Zuo>>, 《斗罗大陆》<<Dou Luo Da Lu>>, 《斗 罗大陆二——绝世唐门》<<Dou Luo Da Lu 2 - Jue Shi Tang Men>>

Gun Kai's 《巫师世界》<<Wu Shi Shi Jie>> is a novel that I would like to strongly recommend. The novel talks about a mysterious group of people known as wizards. They are a cold-hearted people who live by the rules of the jungle, where the strong will overcome the weak. However, they are also constantly seeking for truth, for knowledge, to the extent that they would sacrifice everything for them.

This world of wizards is filled with many fantastical things, and many strange and terrible places. Even as I was reading this novel, I could feel a chill down my spine.

Also, this book from Ai Qian Shui De Wu Zei, 《奥术神座》<<Ao Shu Shen Zuo>>. It fully embodies the idea that knowledge is power. For those of us who think that magic is separate from science, this book will give you pause for thought.

These last two books are definitely my personal favourites. Perhaps something rather out of the usual list of suspects.

====================

Phew! Hope that helped! First time translating. Comments and thoughts on how to improve are welcome.

Great job, a lot more understandable!
    Now start translating done of those novels he mentioned!
    (I think we already have most of IET's? As well a mad god etc?)

感谢RWX(是日月神教任我行的意思么?)Kylar以及okenba的翻译。

我给你发了一个私人信息,有时间看一下!
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears