Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 绝世武神 (Peerless Martial God) by Jing Wu Hen

Quote Originally Posted by korendir View Post
    I've read this series and enjoyed it a lot. If no one is picking it up I'll probably do so, though my rate of translation probably will not be fast as I've just started on one series
    Yes. Please do pick up the translation.
    This series is well written and fast paced; Not juvenile and tedious like some that have recently been picked up for translation.

Default Glossary

Finally released my first chapter, the 5th in this book as I'm continuing from what the previous translator left off. Will attempt to standardize the naming translations with the previous ones. Do let me know if you guys have any suggestions to improve =)

Reserved this post for Glossary

里 - li (0.5 km)
    斤 - jin (0.5 kg)
    拔剑术 Ba Jian Shu- Quick Draw Technique (Was tempted to use Battōjutsu here, let me know if this is preferred)
    轻功身法 Qin Gong Shen Fa - lightening body movement technique
    浮光掠影 Fu Guang Lue Ying - Floating Moonlight Reflection
    Last edited by korendir; 08-06-15 at 04:01 PM.

Default Chapter 5 Quick Draw Technique

Chapter 5 Quick Draw Technique

Yun Hai Sect was about 10 thousand li (5000 km) from Yangzhou city, and even though Thousand Snows was able to travel an impressive 500 km per day, it still took 10 days for Lin Feng to reach.

However, Lin Feng did not waste the 10 days of travel time, as he traveled on horseback across the vast territories. In his past life, Lin Feng had never had such an exciting time, and unknowingly his mental prowess had also broken through to the seventh Qi Layer. Furthermore, his martial technique Nine Heavy Waves had reached the ninth and final layer!

Lin Feng now had the strength of nearly 8500 jin, and was extremely powerful.

Yun Hai Sect was situated on the top of the Yun Hai Peak within the Yun Hai Mountain Ranges. Yun Hai Peak was not the tallest mountain within the range, but it had a vast territory, and if one were to look upon it from a birds eye view, it would seem as if the Yun Hai Peak was a city within the mountains, surrounded by the 8 highest mountains called the Sky Encroaching Peaks. It had extremely good Fengshui, and in this continent, Fengshui meant luck/destiny.

Stop. Dismount before continuing. At the foot of the mountain, the two disciples guarding the entrance halted Lin Feng and shouted out coldly.

Lin Feng raised a brow and pointed towards the person who was riding in front of him: How come you did not stop him.

Hmph. One of the disciples laughed coldly: How can you compare yourself to an inner-sect disciple, you useless trash that almost died?

So, it was a matter of strength and status, Lin Feng laughed. The guardian disciples of Yun Hai Sect were a only matter of show, as they were only outer sect disciples like himself. If there were any guests entering the Sect, they had no authority to stop anybody, let alone to stop other disciples from riding horses.

The weak will only be bullied by others. Lin Feng laughed coldly, but did not dismount. Instead, he tossed the reins, and Thousand Snow moved forward.

You trash! How dare you! The two disciples immediately shouted and tried to stop him. However, Lin Feng struck out with both fists, and immediately a surge of power lashed out, causing them to be shocked and fall back.

If there is a next time, I will cripple your martial strength. Lin Feng said coldly as he rode past them. Indeed, in this world, people would only listen to you if you showed them your strength, and as the 2 disciples stood up in shock, staring at the departing figure of Lin Feng, they could only give a bitter smile of defeat. To be defeated by a so-called trash, no wonder they could only be guards at the foot of the mountains.

In the Yun Hai Sect, 15 - 16 year old youths were usually around the 6th to 7th Qi Layer, and that was considered an average talent. Those who reached the 8th Layer were considered outstanding, and only those who reached the 9th Layer or higher would be considered genius and were highly regarded by the Sect and given most resources. As for those who could reach the Lin Wu Qi Layer by that age, they would be considered top level genius in the whole country.

In contrast to those genius, if someone was still stuck at the 5th Qi Layer at 15 years of age, he would only be considered to have a very low natural talent, considered the lower dredges of the Yun Hai Sect. As such, Lin Feng had previously gotten the reputation of being a trash, being the butt of everybodys jokes.

Very quickly, the news that Lin Feng had returned had spread among the outer sect disciples. After all, a trash like him was famous there. As he entered the sect, Lin Feng saw the expressions of the people staring at him, but he ignored them as he walked towards the Stars Pavilion.

The Stars Pavilion was the name of the building where the Yun Hai Sect stored its martial cultivation techniques as well as martial arts techniques, and everyday many disciples entered it. Today was no different.

Lin Feng. A voice sounded out, and Lin Feng halted and looked back to see a youth with a sombre, cold face.

You are lucky, managing to survive that. The youth was Lin Heng, his 3rd uncle Lin Hao Rans son, the one who had attacked the Lin Feng of this world and almost killed him.

Lin Feng glanced towards Lin Heng, laughing coldly in his heart. Lin Heng was only 8th Qi Layer, and by now Lin Feng having reached 7th Qi Layer and mastering the Nine Heavy Waves technique, was not inferior to him in any way. As long as he learnt one or two more martial techniques, he had every confidence in beating Lin Heng.

As such, Lin Feng ignored Lin Heng, and walked straight into the Stars Pavilion. It was better to improve his own strength before trying to get revenge.

Next time, Ill make sure you die. Lin Hengs eyes flashed with a killing intent as he saw Lin Feng ignoring him totally.

In front of the Stars Pavilion entrance, an old man with seated, gazing about indolently.

Respected Elder. Lin Feng bowed slightly to the old man in greeting, although the old man seemed to be merely an old guard who was not eye-catching at all, but Lin Feng knew that the Stars Pavilion was of extreme importance to the Yun Hai Sect. To place only one guard there, could only mean that this old man was definitely not as simple as he looked. This was like the tv dramas that he had watched in his past life, where in the Shaolin Temples depository of books, the old monk sweeping the floors was actually a monk of unfathomable power. This Lin Feng, who was considered to have lived 2 lives, how could he not understand this simple fact.

The old mans indolent gaze sharpened, and he looked at Lin Feng in surprise, before nodding to him: You are 7th Qi Layer, so you can only choose the techniques from the first level of the Stars Pavilion, at most sets.

Understood. Lin Feng agreed immediately. The Stars Pavilion was separated into 3 levels, and those in the Qi Level and did not have the inner sect Plaque, could only choose cultivation and martial arts techniques from the first level.

The first level of the Stars Pavilion contained Yellow level techniques, but there was a huge collection so disciples could look for the techniques that would be most suitable for them. This was the inner power of a sect, and was not something that the Lin Family could compare to.

Lin Feng had no need for cultivation techniques currently, so he mainly looked at the shelves where the martial arts technique were kept.

Seven Killing Fists, One Fist Seven Kills, suitable for martial spirits who could merge with their users.

Tornado Strike, using the power of the wind to form blades of wind, suitable for users with wind martial spirits.

Raging Bull Manual, Upper Yellow Technique, Suitable for users with Beast type Martial Spirit.

Lin Feng flipped through the book in hand before putting it down. His second martial spirit was the dark spirit, and it could strengthen all the various martial arts quality of him, even including comprehension. As such, he was not limited to any particular type of martial techniques, that was the abnormal strength of the dark spirit, which was why Lin Feng was now looking for a technique that had a formidable might.

Breeze Sword Manual, wield your sword like a breeze, light and graceful, being all-pervasive. Suitable for users with sword martial spirits.

Lin Fengs gaze halted for a while on that manual, he had always dreamed of the life of a wanderer with a sword, and had an inexplicable connection with swords. However, the Breeze Sword Manual did not seem to be what he really wanted.

Quick Draw Technique, to draw your blade as quickly as lightning, in a one hit kill. Suitable for users with Sword martial spirits.

Quick Draw Technique. Lin Fengs steps paused. The Quick Draw technique seemed very different from most other swordsmanship skills. Usually most swordsmen disliked the very instance of drawing their sword, as it was the time they were most vulnerable for every time they took, or if they were interrupted. However, the art of the Quick Draw was to ensure that every drawing action was an instant-kill type action, or at least to draw blood, and the instance of drawing the sword was in actual fact the strongest moment of the technique, and not hitting with that equalled failure.

Furthermore, the Quick Draw Technique did not have many levels like the other techniques. It only had one level, one action, to draw and to kill, brought to extremes. It could truly be said that to draw the blade means the draw blood.

Ill choose this one. Lin Feng took up the manual and kept it, before taking up another manual of lightening body movement technique, so that he could ensure that he was in a position of ensuring a one hit kill. Also, if he failed, having a good movement technique would allow him to escape, or at least delay things enough to have the time to set up again. After all, Lin Bo Wei Bu or Fei Yan Zou Bi *, it is every earthlings dream!

*TL 凌波微步、飞檐走壁 - 轻功 names, or lightening body chinese martial arts techniques names from famous novel

The manual that Lin Feng finally picked was the lightening body movement technique called Floating Moonlight Reflection, after training to the highest levels, it would be as if the body was like a moving light, only able to see the shadow and not the actual person.

Lin Feng who was satisfied with his finds, brought the 2 manuals to the old man guarding the building to register.

Quick Draw Technique. The old man uttered softly, before saying: Little rascal, this is the first time anyone has chosen the Quick Draw Technique. You must know that if your enemy has his sword already drawn, and you are only starting to draw yours, it will be very difficult to be faster than them, and if you are not faster, then the ending is fated. It can be said that this technique can be very strong, but its requirements are also extremely high, and you need to be fast till perfection, faster than any of your opponents, until you can finally master instant killing.

I understand. Lin Feng knew that the elder had good intentions in reminding him of this. After all, if he did not draw his sword fast enough, the Quick Draw technique would not only fail in drawing the blade and seeing blood, but would have the adverse effect of causing him to be further in danger.

Alright, as long as you understand, you should not easily use this skill before mastering it. Though the Floating Moonlight Reflection is a really good lightening body movement technique. The elder did not speak any further, and helped Lin Feng to register. After all, martial arts techniques borrowed from the Star Pavilion had to be returned within a month, else it would affect other disciples who wanted to learn it as well.

Thank you elder for directing me. Lin Feng took the manuals and bowed respectfully to the old man.

En.. The elder smiled and nodded before passing him a strange sword: Here, take this Soft Sword*. You can use it as a belt in normal times, it is useless here with me, you can play around with it instead.

*TL : A type of very flexible/ supple sword that can bend easily, so much so that it can be wrapped around the waist like a belt. Commonly used in such novels like a hidden weapon.

Dont thank me anymore, this old man wont be able to take it. Go and train now. On seeing that Lin Feng was about to thank him again, the elder smiled and waved him away.

Lin Feng scratched his head, and kept his thanks in his heart. The Quick Draw Technique, if matched with the Soft Sword at his waist, could be a surprise weapon that increased the chance of an instant kill.

Smiling towards the elder, Lin Feng left shortly.

Ahhh, its been a long time since Ive seen such an interesting young man. The old man muttered to himself before resuming his indolent position. After all, the youth in the continent today were only interested in training and increasing their personal power, and were mostly impetuous and had long since forgotten basic etiquettes.

Thanks for the chapter.

umm. . .
    which sword that capable delivering quick draw tech more optimal, practical and efficient; double edge sword that can bend to its side like typical ancient chinese martial arts; one side blade japanese saber, the katana; or, one side blade arabian saber ?

I hope Lin Feng as reincarnated person will chose the best one
    Now, come here! Onii-san isnt scary, you know? Lets do fun things together!
    SteTrans Summarize 11 - 18

Quote Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
    umm. . .
    which sword that capable delivering quick draw tech more optimal, practical and efficient; double edge sword that can bend to its side like typical ancient chinese martial arts; one side blade japanese saber, the katana; or, one side blade arabian saber ?

I think its traditionally used with the japanese katana, though not sure which would be 'best', but rather which is most suitable for the user (most used to?)

In any case, the MC here is using the soft / flexible sword more as a form of surprise i guess, rather than because its the best possible blade. Anyway he doesn't have any other weapon yet =p

Its been a long time since I read it so I can't really recall what goes on later on heh

Quote Originally Posted by korendir View Post
    I think its traditionally used with the japanese katana, though not sure which would be 'best', but rather which is most suitable for the user (most used to?)

In any case, the MC here is using the soft / flexible sword more as a form of surprise i guess, rather than because its the best possible blade. Anyway he doesn't have any other weapon yet =p

Its been a long time since I read it so I can't really recall what goes on later on heh
    well, lets see what development that shall we enjoy from his sword tech as reincarnation person

Quote Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
    umm. . .

The Chinese willow leaf saber is a curved single edged blade that would be perfect for this technique

what you need to improve is the release speed ^

train to become a translating master * release a chapter a day *

translating gods are like fbt sending like 3 chapters a day

Quote Originally Posted by JinYongMA616 View Post
    what you need to improve is the release speed ^

train to become a translating master * release a chapter a day *

translating gods are like fbt sending like 3 chapters a day
    why dont you try translating and tell us how it feels?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverNight View Post
    why dont you try translating and tell us how it feels?
    wow i never knew that you cant joke online and you arent to be sarcastic online either

oh dam you should make a list of rules that you cant do online like hacking, leaking government stuff, talking about the NSA, spreading news of people rebelling against america and joining the cause, jokeing online, makeing jokes about things, tease peope online, i mean why would you do that its agaisnt the law *Sarcastic voice*
    Last edited by JinYongMA616; 08-13-15 at 12:50 AM.

'The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.' - lelouch

So if you want to joke/tease online then dont be mad if you get joked or teased. If i remember correctly that FBTs translation project has shorter chapters and he has more time and probably translates for a living unlike this guy...?

Quote Originally Posted by JinYongMA616 View Post
    wow i never knew that you cant joke online and you arent to be sarcastic online either

oh dam you should make a list of rules that you cant do online like hacking, leaking government stuff, talking about the NSA, spreading news of people rebelling against america and joining the cause, jokeing online, makeing jokes about things, tease peope online, i mean why would you do that its agaisnt the law *Sarcastic voice*
    The same can be said to you buddy, if you can write what you wrote ahead use it on yourself bud.

k so that made no sense at all...
    so your saying that what you said was a joke even thought it was not a joke cause if it was then you dont know how to make one.... lmao your funny

Hey guys I am not trying to be a dick, but could you please quit feeding that troll. On behalf of everyone else thanx.
    Last edited by Ta2666; 08-13-15 at 04:18 PM.

When will chapter 06 be translated please?!

I have been reading the mt of this and there is this guy who has been repeated messing up Lin feng's groove in the mt he is called Sirius and he starts the school in the capital. can anyone anyone at all tell me when that prick dies? I want to read that so bad.

Chapter 6: the arrow spirit

The Yun Hai Clan was surrounded by eight mountain peaks. Each of these mountains was connected with the other in perfect harmony. Yun Hai Clans disciples could thus easily go to these high-altitude mountain peaks. These mountains, which made the region a blessed heaven, were filled with caves where disciples could go and concentrate on their training in peace. These mountains were extraordinarily high and covered a vast area. Going to these mountains was therefore an easy way to find peace and tranquility for cultivation.

Lin Feng was walking over a precipice decorated by overhanging rocks. He was surrounded by perilous cliffs and precipices. When looking around him, he could see a boundless sea of clouds. Such a sight would make anyone feel carefree, relaxed and joyful.

However, Lin Feng did have the heart to enjoy the sight. He had been uninterruptedly practicing the sword unsheathing skill over and over again.

BOOM was the sound emitted by the stones under Lin Fengs sword each time he hit them. Lin Fengs sword left a long and slender opening in the stones each time it hit.

Lin Feng had already been training for seven days. He had been training without rest which could be seen by the varying sword marks on each stone.

Sword unsheathing was a skill which required developing two aspects: speed and power. These two were the ultimate goal of the practice. At the moment of unsheathing the sword, a strong power was also necessary. As far as the angle at which the sword had to be unsheathed is concerned, unsheathing it at irregular angles was also necessary. Indeed, pulling it out using predictable patterns could put the user at the enemys mercy, as he could guess what the next movement would be. The sword unsheathing skill was definitely not a regular technique.

Lin Feng was dripping with sweat because he had been training every day from morning to evening. Uninterrupted practice was the only way to increase his strength. Persistently repeating the movements required a tenacious and incomparable willpower and determination. That was the only way to become stronger on the path of cultivation. Lin Feng hadnt forgotten his previous life. He couldnt forget. Although that world was filled with lofty sentiments and righteous ardor, one also had to go through hardships in that world. Being weak and lacking power could lead to getting killed. Weak and powerless, that sounded like what Lin Feng was when he almost got killed by Lin Heng.

However, Lin Fengs dark spirit was gaining in vitality every minute, like he is in a trance state. He then stopped practicing the skill for a moment and recalled his spirit back into his body.

The spirit was the cultivators soul and it had to be cherished, unceasingly using it consumed ones vital essence too much.

Lin Feng put his sword back into its sheath. The sheath was made of a ferocious animal skin which had a sparkling gem embedded. Then, he started training again, but this time he practiced the Moonlight Feather Agility technique.

The sun which was once high in the sky was now sinking into the horizon. Lin Feng rested for a while looking at the sea of clouds making wave-like motions. On his face was a resplendent smile.

He then unsheathed the sword and held it forward; watching the dark red light from the sunset slowly move down the sword, imagining it as blood flowing endlessly. He felt like a god looking down upon creation. This place gave him a view of the surrounding mountains and the aura he was currently emitting was one of strength with a ruthless coldness beneath. Its about time to find a cave to practice. Lin Feng rested for a while, then got up and walked over to the mountains.

It wasnt long until Lin Feng found a few caves for cultivation. They were always occupied by other people though. Then, Lin Feng arrived in a valley where a mountain stream was flowing. He decided to walk along the mountain stream when something drew his attention and made him stop walking.

A ray of sunlight between these mountains! Before him were two peaks. The middle of these two peaks looked like the marks he left when hitting rocks with his sword. It looked very narrow in between as if the path could only accommodate two people walking side-by-side. The path looked as narrow as the ray of sunlight.

I wonder what there is over there! Lin Feng thought to himself. He then moved closer with curiosity. It seemed that the mountain stream and the ray of sunlight came from the same place.

At a distant place, two disciples saw Lin Feng move towards that ray of sunlight. They couldnt help but laugh at him and criticize him: that piece of trash is not very lucky, he doesnt seem to know that is the place where our senior sister Liu Fei trains. It is quite surprising that he dares go in there.

Liu Feis strength is incomparable to ours, she is much stronger than we are, much stronger than most of our fellow disciples, a true genius. Senior Sister is the only correct way of addressing a genius such as her.

While the two disciples were whispering, Lin Feng had already walked several hundred meters into the area where the ray of sunlight was coming from and finally arrived. Before his eyes opened up a wide panorama. That place was one of exceptional charm and was extremely vast. On the left was a gigantic lake out of which silk-like hot steam was evaporating. It surprisingly seemed to be a natural hot spring.

Its such a nice place, I could have bath. Lin Fengs clothes were sticking to his skin as he had been sweating heavily. He took off his top and directly jumped into the natural hot spring.

So comfortable! Lin Feng was filled with happiness when he suddenly heard a noise coming from somewhere in the water. Suddenly, he saw a girls head come out of the water. Her hair looked very soft. It was a 15-16 year-old young girl. She had arched eyebrows and a delicate oval face. She was very beautiful. In this world, female cultivators were very beautiful because they cultivated purer bodies. She was a charming natural beauty and certainly didnt need to put make-up on.

Nonetheless, that young girls eyes didnt make her look very amicable. Her eyes were filled with flames of anger. Liu Fei was holding her breath and practicing in the water. She was very surprised to see another Yun Hai Clans disciple. Even more she couldnt stand seeing him without his top in the water where she practiced every day.

Im sorry, I didnt know someone was in here said Lin Feng with an apologetic smile. He then got out of the water and recognized the most beautiful female fellow disciple.

Liu Feis expression hadnt changed though and she still looked furious. Who didnt know this was Liu Feis training place after all? Who didnt know the sunray mountain was Liu Feis? That pervert had willingly come with the intention of seducing her.

Lin Feng really didnt know someone was there though. In his previous life, Lin Feng was a coward and had never ever come to that side of the region to train.

Even though Liu Fei was extremely beautiful, Lin Feng, who indeed did think she was alluring, really had no hidden intentions. He put on his clothes at lightning speed and started leaving.

And where do you think youre going? heard Lin Feng. That was Liu Feis voice coming from behind him as he was leaving. Liu Fei had said that with a cold and detached voice. Lin Feng turned around and saw Liu Fei holding a bow and an arrow in her hands.

Where do you think? said Lin Feng looking at her angrily. He didnt intend to seduce her. It was a mere misunderstanding and nothing more. Also, he had apologized already.

She didnt reply. Liu Feis bewitching body adopted a battle ready position. She pulled back the arrow placed in the bow in a position ready to shoot. She was ready to let it go. She shot the arrow which made a whistling sound. The golden arrow broke the air and thrusted towards Lin Feng.

How strong.

Lin Feng starred at the arrow as it was moving towards him. He had absolutely no hesitation and started his Nine Heavy Wave technique. Heavy wave explosions were heard while the arrow was getting closer and closer to him.

At the moment when the arrow approached so near that it was about to reach him, the arrow and the nine heavy waves collided. The arrow collapsed into the waves, hung up in the air for a few seconds before falling onto the ground.

Do you want to kill me?! said Lin Feng whose voice was filled with rage. That arrow had a 7000 jin power. If it had been Lin Fengs previous life, he would have been dead already.

Yes, so what? said Liu Fei while pulling out another arrow. An illusory golden arrow suddenly appeared by her side.

Lin Feng was shivering out of fear. A sensation of cold spread throughout his body. The illusory arrow was facing him. The illusory arrow was a guided arrow which meant it could detect if someone was alive and automatically aim at them.

The arrow could automatically aim at breathing people. That was one of the particular characteristics and abilities of those who possessed the arrow spirit.

Bzzeeomm. The bowstring emitted a noise while the twinkling arrow moved towards him getting closer and closer.

Moonlight Feather Agility, Lin Feng jumped ten meters backwards. Lin Feng had sent another wave into which the golden arrow crashed, what looked like an explosion but that time the wave had for sole effect to slow down the arrow. It didnt stop it. The noise coming out of the collapse was scary and made Lin Fengs heart palpitate. The arrow was going straight towards Lin Fengs forehead.

Liu Fei stood out from her Yun Hai Clans fellow disciples and was considered to be out of the ordinary, to be an outstanding disciple. She had reached the ninth Qi layer. Using her arrow spirit, her strength could exceed 9000 jin. Thus, Lin Fengs Nine Heavy Waves was obviously not enough to stop her arrow.

Lin Feng fell down because of the energy released by the clash of the wave and the arrow. As Liu Feis arrow spirit could control the arrow, which by the way made the arrow seem alive, she made it turn around and continued to try and kill him.

Ahhh shouted Lin Feng! Suddenly, the twinkling arrow vanished in a bright white light.

I, Lin Feng, will always remember this.

The distant voice stupefied Liu Fei. She looked around only to see her arrow cut into two. Lin Feng had already disappeared from the place. He had left at an amazing speed.

This is the arrow light whispered Liu Fei

The two disciples who had watched the scene all along saw Lin Feng escape. They couldnt help but be seized with terror. Liu Fei surprisingly hadnt killed that piece of trash.

Maybe Liu Fei was unwilling to fight and kill him.

They had seen Liu Feis wet clothes stick to her body. They thought about how graceful her body was. She was filled with endless charm. It made them gulp with desire. The only way for them not to drool was to keep their mouth closed. The only thing they could do was to peep and enjoy such a rare scenery.

Everyone knew that Liu Fei was very powerful. Within the Yun Hai Clan, many people courted her. There were some extremely skillful disciples who courted her. The two disciples who had just been peeping at her couldnt match with these extremely skillful disciples. If anyone learnt that they had seen Liu Feis utterly attractive body, they would be killed in a very ugly way.

-----------------------------------------

Hi, I have just been told about sites like this. I am currently translating this title, I was unaware chapter 5 was already done by someone else, so I also have a copy.

Chapter 7 is currently on my website. Totally Insane Translations

I will upload chapter 7 here once I release chapter 8 tomorrow. I hope you all enjoy the translations, this is a great story. xo

Yo Notsane... little suggestion.. put your blog ( update ) at aho-updates.com, a lot of people go there
    looking for English NOvel translation...

so, what happen to Na Lan Feng?